The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dear Mr. Savage,"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-05, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dear Mr. Savage,"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-05 AT 08:17 AM (EST)

I'm sorry.

I know what we did. We all said you were the leader on the Worst Tribe Ever. We mocked you. Did we ever mock you. We mocked your fumbling attempts at direction, and your pathetic efforts to fish, and the whole 'Andrew, Lawyer Of The Jungle' thing you had going on, and I think we may have even said something about your dubious ability to guard footwear. And we did it because -- well, partially because you were on Survivor and we'd do it to anyone who went on there, including one of our own, but mostly because you were on the Worst Tribe Ever and you deserved it.

I'd like to take some of it back now.

Don't get me wrong. You're still a DAW and you always will be. We're always going to bash you into the ground, especially after you show up at the reunion specials wearing your 'Hi, I'm A Hot Jungle Lawyer' badge. But -- and I hope you realize what a hard admission this is for me -- you were not the leader on the Worst Tribe Ever. You were the leader on a Pretty Bad Tribe. Yes, as a tribe, you sucked, and you will always suck, but you didn't svcking svck, and that's where Ulong is now.

You see, you led. You always tried. I can't remember a challenge or a day of island life where Morgan wasn't making some kind of effort, and a lot of that was because you were marshalling their efforts in one direction: survival. Some of them were pretty pathetic and doomed attempts, yes, but -- I remember that load-bearing challenge. I remember your standing there, legs shaking under hundreds of pounds, refusing to give up. Standing for your tribe, as literally as anyone ever did in this game. No matter how bad things looked, you never gave up, and you never let anyone surrender -- excepting the Human Adjective, which no one could have done anything about. Admittedly, you may have won one pretty much by default, but you were almost always in the fight.

Look at Ulong. Who leads there? It's the Incompetence Of The Moment, usually chosen by everyone else taking a carefully-measured step backwards. Look at what happened in the Home Depot challenge. They couldn't commit to a leader because they were afraid of the twists that might come if they chose someone. Afraid! You faced down your twists, you fought to keep your group in one piece. You would have stood up in the canoe and declared yourself leader, let Jeff do what he could. Of course, you would have immediately fallen into the water, because you're a Morgan and you still suck, but you would have claimed the moment.

And speaking of claiming -- you also claimed some fireside seats. You managed to fight well enough to keep some members of your tribe around to reach the jury. More than one, which seems to be where Ulong is heading now. One once-and-again member of your tribe even made it all the way to the Final Two, and even if it took the dumbest twist in series history to give her the chance -- there she was! At the very end, a Morgan had a shot to win this thing! I think we all realize that's not going to happen for Ulong. Ever.

You did stupid things, and you made us stare in raw shock at your raw ignorance, and groan about your total lack of food gathering ability, and wonder if Morgan could ever pull together around the center. But there was a center, and you tried to hold them together as best you could.

Those, sir, are the differences between a Pretty Bad Tribe and the Worst Tribe Ever. Effort and caring. You gave both.

Ulong is not fit to lick your stolen boots.

You were not the leader on the Worst Tribe Ever. I'm taking the title back now. I'm not sorry for having originally given it out -- it made a lot of sense at the time -- but it no longer stands.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Estee and the undersigned.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dear Mr. Savage, kingfish 03-24-05 1
 RE: Dear Mr. Savage, seahorse 03-24-05 2
   RE: Dear Mr. Savage, Estee 03-24-05 6
       RE: Dear Mr. Savage, minitroll 03-24-05 9
 RE: Dear Mr. Savage, Angelfood 03-24-05 3
 Sincerely yours, Draco Malfoy 03-24-05 4
 RE: Dear Mr. Savage, Drive My Car 03-24-05 5
   RE: Dear Mr. Savage, foonermints 03-24-05 7
 Yours truly, newsomewayne 03-24-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"
Amen.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"
No doubt, but wasn't that an amazing effort by Ibe and James in last nights challenge.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"
I thought James was making preparations to stick the crate under his skirt, where no one on Koror would even think about going after it.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-24-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"
Bwah! And ewwwwwwww.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-24-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"
Wow. That was a great assessment!

See, I never picked on Andrew, cuz he's a HOT, Jungle Lawyer (thanks for reminding me). But also, it was just bad luck or casting to have a whole tribe of non-leaders. and yes, they deserved bashing, and yes, Ulong even moreso. If Andrew had been on Drake, he would've fared better. And he did try. He gave it his all, with muscles straining and legs trembling and

*swoon*

The only one to do so on Ulong is Stephenie. Can we give her a free pass out of Ulong?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Sincerely yours,"

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"

Ulong is not fit to lick your stolen boots.

Brilliant!

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dear Mr. Savage,"
..but where would they find them? Ebay?

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Yours truly,"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-05 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

School Spirit by Syren, 2005

You faced down your twists, you fought to keep your group in one piece. You would have stood up in the canoe and declared yourself leader, let Jeff do what he could. Of course, you would have immediately fallen into the water, because you're a Morgan and you still suck, but you would have claimed the moment.

Now that is how you kick somebody when they're up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •