The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Favorite Moments of TARFE"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Favorite Moments of TARFE"
All right, let's see what nuggets we can pan out of this otherwise meh season.

In no particular order, here are my 10 most memorable moments:

1. The Gaghans demoralizing the Aiellos at the Detour - twice.

2. The best showing of the Race: Lauren Bransen mooning the Linzes.

3. Tony Paolo taking over the banana Detour and carrying the Paolos to first place for the leg. And just as singlehandedly changing everyone's opinion of his family.

4. The Weavers nearly Ostening, and Phil having to convince the Weavers not to do so.

5. Phil's best.mat.greeting.ever: "Paolo Family: You look ridiculous." And they did.

6. The Paolos' sportsmanship in telling the Bransens not to step on the mat, but get clothes on. Followed in the next leg by DJ threatening to drown his mom.

7. Carissa Gaghan trying with all her might to fight back the tears at her family's elimination.

8. Char Schroeder keeping her stepson Hunter from having anything to do with Rolly Weaver, and in return, Hunter calling her a bitch.

9. The Westillcantfindreverseskis trying repeatedly to turn their trailer around.

10. The genuine appreciation expressed by the Linzes and the Bransens toward their own team members and each other at the finish line, which spilled over to the other teams in attendance.

What will you remember? (And "nothing" is an acceptable answer.)

BTW, did anyone notice that Tony P. was the first to high-five the Linzes on their way into the mat?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE bystander 12-15-05 1
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE PackMan 12-15-05 2
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE skylark 12-15-05 3
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Max Headroom 12-15-05 4
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Cygnus X1 12-15-05 5
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE zipperhead 12-15-05 6
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Estee 12-15-05 7
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Cygnus X1 12-15-05 8
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Ontheroadagain 12-15-05 9
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE bostonrobfan 12-15-05 10
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE fullofgrace2470 12-16-05 11
 TOP 10 beau_30 12-16-05 12
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE mikey 12-16-05 13
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE CouchTater 12-16-05 14
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE peacenlove2u 12-18-05 15
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE dragonflies 12-20-05 16
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE bystander 12-20-05 17
       RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE dragonflies 12-22-05 20
       RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE edbro69 01-05-06 23
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Lisa0116 12-20-05 18
   RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE bostonrobfan 12-31-05 22
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Peetah 12-20-05 19
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Daza 12-25-05 21
 RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE Bobthepirate 01-13-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-15-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
DJ telling his mom that he could drown her right there and they would never find her body. THAT was hilarious! I still chuckle over that one.

Seasonally appropriate greetings by Bob!

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-15-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
An Italian-American family with a father who works in sanitation. I just kept thinking - Sopranos.

An African-American family named Black. In the first episode when Phil kept referring to them as "The Black Family", I couldn't help but chuckle.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

skylark 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skylark Click to send private message to skylark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
In Costa Rica, when the Gaghans knew they were going to the mat in last place, Dad and son walked hand in hand admiring the beautiful scenery and the son asked his Dad if they could come back someday.
Those were exceptional kids, I'd like to see them again. Maybe they will do a kid's version of Survivor. I'd bet the house on the Gaghan kids.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
I agree, there were a few gems buried in the dreck that just ended:

- The Bransen girls had me laughing in the finale with their comments about "smokin' asses" and stairs.

- The Gaghan kids singing "Comin' 'Round the Mountain" during the buggy detour was classic.

- The scenes of the Linzes running around New Orleans carrying (mostly) large instruments for the Godlewskis were keepers.

- The Weavers waddling up to their second Yielding with McDonalds bags in hand made me chuckle.

- Seconding Cygnus' vote, watching the Godlewskis attempt to turn around their truck/trailer combo was funny, each and every time it happened.

- The tense final roadblock with the geography puzzle was a great finishing moment.

12-15-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
The Gaghan kids singing "Comin' 'Round the Mountain" during the buggy detour was classic.

As they pass the hapless Aiellos. I almost forgot about that; thanks, Max!

So, will someone on the first leg of TAR 9 sing "Comin' Round The Mountain"? That would make three first legs in a row (Ryan and Chuck in Peru).

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-15-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-05 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

My favorite moments?

In no particular order:

--Mama Weaver almost getting run over by the cart

--Mama Weaver screaming and driving the vehicle off into the woods (while Rolly stands by and no doubt thinks his mother has flipped)

--DJ telling his mother that he could drown her right then and there

--Papa Paolo lugging around the bananas and making his punk sons look like the pansies they are

--Sharon Godlewski jumping onto the mat, or jumping at all, or running, or stripping into her bikini, or...you get the idea

--Skippy the Wonder Dog saving the horses from the burning barn

--the Weaver women resting on their laurels while Rolly pleads with them to keep searching the stadium

--Hunter Schroeder calling his mom a b!tch on national TV (who wouldn't have wanted to be with them when that aired?)

--Alex (?) and Wally scrambling to finish the puzzle

--the Gaghans and just about everything they did

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
The entire season never happened.

Never. Happened.

12-15-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
Aw, c'mon, let us be deluded just a LITTLE longer!

Party pooper.

Ontheroadagain 936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-15-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
Here's my favorite moments, in no particular order:

1. Mama Weaver announcing that Lake Pontchartrain was one of the Great Lakes.
2. DJ and Marion arguing but then kissing making nice in Panama
3. Kevin and Drew popping up at the hot dog stand.
4. The Godlewski sister giving Buffalo Bill a lap dance.
5. Lindsey Bransen's moon
6. Fred the bear.
7. Wally Bransen and Dad Aiello trying to keep up with their younger teammates.
8. Phil telling the Paolos -- "You look ridiculous."
9. Carissa holding back her tears.
10. The Rogers getting philimated in their home town.

Not the best season, but still enjoyable for the most part.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-15-05, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
1. Carissa trying not to cry.
2. The Gaghan kids singing "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain"
3. Nick Linz doing the flip on the ski jump.
4. Mama Weaver naming Lake Ponchartrain as a Great Lake.
5. The Linzes running to the mat calling "Phil-dog! Philiminator!"
6. Bill Gaghan hitting it out at the ballpark.
7. One of the Linzes commenting on Ma Weaver being the Wicked Witch of the East and 'someone should drop a house on her.'
8. Mama and Papa Paolo singing the Frito Bandito song.
9. "Paolo Family, you look ridiculous.

10. The Linzes winning the million bucks.

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
In order:

1. Carissa Gaghan struggling to hold back tears. I cried enough for both of us!
2. The Linz family winning and saying it was for Mom and Dad.
3. All of Mama Weaver's educational geography lessons. Who knew that Washington DC was in the state of Washington or that there were actually 6 Great Lakes?
4. The Weavers being yielded, not once, but twice.
5. Mom Paolo and DJ bungee jumping, and him saying he loved her.
6. Dad Paolo carrying his team along on the banana task.
7. The Rogers family being eliminated-take THAT jerk, blaming it all on your son, and then not admitting it was him.
8. The Branson's always good-natured and having fun. They made it fun to watch.
9. Seeing the Gaghans again at the finish line.
10. Hoping against hope that the Weavers really WOULD give it all up at the last bunching point.

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-16-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "TOP 10"
10) D.J. and Marion Getting Along after the bungee Jump
9) Weaver Mom and her geographcial lessons
8) Getting kicked out in your home town curse, three seasons (Frank and Margarita S1, Tara and Wil S2)
7) The Gaghans coming in before the eliminated teams.
6) Gaghans by passing the Aiellos three times in a detour
5) That stupid Red Bean that Cost the Gaghans the Race.
4) Rolly being an acutal racer and not wanting to quit
3) Linz Family winning the Million
2) Laurens "mooning" the Bransens
and THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT, WHICH IS ALSO THE SADDEST OF ALL
1) The GAGHANS BEING ELIMINATED, AND CARRISA HOLDING BACK HER TEARS.

its the most daring competition every attempted.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
I will fondly remember everything Gaghan and everything Paolo. Great casting there. The rest of the cast, not so much.

I thought the finish line setup was the most well-designed, exciting ever. Having a challenge right near the finish line location is something I had hoped they would have for several seasons now -- and I wish they would do it more often for pitstops. The map puzzle was appropriate and fair and turned out to be dramatic. A lot better than whoever catches the first cab when the plane lands wins. Great to basically have a roadblock and a detour when they reach the final destination, rather than have equalizers after they get through most of that.

The Kevin and Drew cameo was good.

The scenery in Utah was stunning.

The scenes in New Orleans were touching, knowing what came soon thereafter.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
1. Marion Paolo’s constant “you never listen to me” rantings plus all her other flip outs.

2. The Paolo’s getting eliminated. Very classy and touching of them to for once talk nice about each other.

3. Tony Paolo saying he loved Marion and that she was his babe or something like that. And DJ saying he was proud of his mom. Awww..

3. The Gaghan kids singing “she’ll be comin round the Mountain.”

4. The Godlewski’s putting on all their clothes in the bus.

5. Clarrisa trying not to cry.

6. Wally and the girls lurving each other at the final mat. And Meghan Linz crying at the final mat.

7. Phil’s face while explaining the challenge in the rocket centrifuge thingy.

8. One of the Weavers asking if Pennsylvania is a state.

9. The Rogers getting eliminated cause of Dad’s arrogant stubbornness.

10. Wally lurking around while the girls used their feminine charm to get money. Ironic!

peacenlove2u 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-18-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail peacenlove2u Click to send private message to peacenlove2u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
COME ON!!
None of you guys have mentioned the BEST one yet!!! ...
Mama Weaver telling her kids Utah was the Mormon state and the daguther saying "no wonder it's so ugly".
God love 'em those Christians!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
Having read the posts above, nothing more comes to mind.

Smooches to all you Carissa fans. I knew I would be one of them when I saw her pre race interview.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-20-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
There are Rolly fans too ya know!

And not just me!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
Actually, I am a Rolly fan. He carried his team.

edbro69 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail edbro69 Click to send private message to edbro69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
Right on. He is the man. He carried his family on his young shoulders. Ed

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
I liked the episode where I earned my nads.......

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-31-05, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
That was a good episode. I also liked when we were greeted by Miss Hispanic Utah and when I got to do the Jonny Mosley imitation into the pool.

Peetah 334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-20-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peetah Click to send private message to Peetah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
A few I haven't seen yet...

--Rolly Weaver completed the trapeze catch on the first try!

--The Linzes finally came in first in Salt Lake City after many seconds

--Christine Godlewski shows her grit at the teepee building detour, claiming "I'm stronger than I look", and actually (and barely) proving it. Of course, the other sisters complained.

--Wally Bransen showing his muscle at the train track detour. Also, when he looked like a "hot dad" at the Buffalo Bill picture.

--the teams "rescuing" fallen soldiers during the Civil War reenactment.

and a Least favorite moment..

--When the Weavers shreiked their way through the Outfitter store in Manhatten, knocking over a display. First time I had a feeling of ill will toward them.

Daza 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-25-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Daza Click to send private message to Daza Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
i really like the weavers so i'd say no. 3

Bobthepirate 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-06, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bobthepirate Click to send private message to Bobthepirate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Favorite Moments of TARFE"
I loved that the last thing you see in the entire season is one of the Linz brothers being smacked in the head by his brother.

Surrender to the Sparkly Pirates of DOOM!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •