The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 3 "Family Values""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-02, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 3 "Family Values""
Just a quick heads up. I found this title on another website where they list the TVGuide episode titles. TVGuide online has yet to post the Oct. 3 listings, so the other website must have an inside track. With little info, about all we can do is keep our eyes open for some kind of "family values" coming into play.

PS: there is a band called "Family Values", but I cannot figure how that fact might play a role in Survivor Thailand.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 3 "Family Values" PepeLePew13 09-17-02 1
   Full Quote on Cast Volatility: Rain Crow 09-17-02 2
   RE: Episode 3 "Family Values" mikey 09-17-02 3
 Thread Consolidation SurvivaBear 09-17-02 4
 RE: Episode 3 "Family Values" Survivorerist 09-18-02 5
 Episode 3 Reward (prize) true 09-23-02 6
 We are a family Cathy the Canadian 09-26-02 7
   RE: We are a family samboohoo 09-27-02 9
       RE: We are a family samiam 09-27-02 10
           RE: We are a family Cin 09-27-02 11
               RE: We are a family Cathy the Canadian 09-27-02 12
                   RE: We are a family jkokoj 09-27-02 13
                       RE: We are a family addictedtoSB 09-28-02 14
 Alternate Interpretation... IceCat 09-26-02 8
   RE: Alternate Interpretation... Spidey 09-28-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 3 "Family Values""
As we've heard on another thread, there is supposed to be a near-fight and some heavy intensity going on during Episode 3.

What if this near-fight is over who perceives themselves as the "leader" of the tribe -- i.e. the 'father' -- while someone else lays claim to the 'mother' role? The person who loses the head-butting contest here would likely get booted.

We'll likely have to wait and see how the first two episodes play out before we really have a chance to see how the above scenario could work.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Full Quote on Cast Volatility:"
This reference will probably be pertinent to our spoiling of Episode 3.

Tension on the Set of 'Survivor'
Tue Sep 17,10:50 AM ET
By The Associated Press

There was a lot of tension among contestants within the fifth cast of "Survivor" — to the point where there was nearly a fight, says host Jeff Probst.

The CBS show begins its new season from Thailand on Thursday night.

The cast's volatility took producers aback, Probst said in an interview Monday. That will become particularly visible during the show's third episode.

"There's a part of you that's excited because it's new," he said. "Then there's a part of you that says, `I hope this is `Survivor' and not `American Gladiators.'"

Probst said some contestants of "Survivor: Thailand" were particularly combative with him. "I enjoyed that," he said, "because I enjoy people who are playing for real."

"Survivor" has remained a strong ratings performer for CBS, even competing with NBC's powerhouse comedy "Friends." Producers are already meeting to set ground rules for the sixth cast. Probst says he's not sure how long the show will last.

"The public will judge that," he said. "When it's over, we'll know. People will tell us, and we'll go away."

"Onward Thru the Fog"

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-17-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 3 "Family Values""
If there is going to be a fight, please, please can it be a girl fight?

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-17-02, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Thread Consolidation"
In an effort to consolidate some threads that I think are similar to this important, upcoming spoiler thread I would like to post some links.

Verucasalt's: T.V. Guide episode Three Title - FAMILY VALUES

Ayla's: Tension-almost fist fight

I hope this will become the primary thread for discussing E3, but I hope everyone will take the time to check out these other threads.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-02, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 3 "Family Values""
For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that this title refers to either (a) John or (b) Tanya.

John, being a pastor and probably cast for his "Bible-Thumperness," looks like he may cause some tension in wanting to structure the camp his way.

As for Tanya, perhaps CBS is alluding to the incident with her father later on in the series or perhaps it happens earlier than we originally thought.

(Another IceCat original )

"Aaron and Arianne are fluent in both body language and the international language of love"
- Team Bio on CBS' TAR 3 Page

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Episode 3 Reward (prize)"
In TV Guide for Oct. 3 This is the description for episode 3.

The tribes compete in a reward challenge to gain the help of two soldiers who will assist them in making the most of their resources at camp. A third contestant is voted off the island. Jeff Probst is host.

Unfortunately, it gives no details of what the competition will be. Depending on which tribe is struggling most with camp, the prize involved could give an indication of which tribe wants/needs it most. I'm not sure how/if this ties into this weeks episode title.

-true
P.F.T.P.O.S.E.H
People For The Preservation Of Shakes Enourmous Head

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-26-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "We are a family"
Remeber when Orange tribe got to the beach, and, oh crap, I'm lousy with names - the big black guy - Jeb? anyway, he said, "we are not a tribe, we're a family!", and they did the hand thing and said "FAMILY!".

Do you think this ties in here? Maybe they're going to be like the love tribe - rotu.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-02, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: We are a family"
Yes Cathy, I do recall Ted saying that. And he said it again last night at Tribal Council.

I'm thinking the title either has something to do with the tension in the happy little family, or that "chewing gum" finally pulls it together and wins something -- kind of like "the underdogs" title for maraamu last season.

Based on the previews, I'm leaning toward friction because of the Ghandia/Ted squabble. Did anyone see Ghandia's hand on Ted's leg last night? I'm thinking she's the one at the root of the problem here.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-02, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: We are a family"
I did catch that. She had her hand casually resting on his thigh. That's a pretty familiar gesture....I might be able to summon up some semblance of interest for the next episode to see how it plays out.

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-27-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: We are a family"
not just resting on this thigh, but resting very high on his thigh, getting close to the neither regions!

Cin

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: We are a family"
Yeah, I'm thinking this is going to turn out to be something innocent that Ghandia blows way out of proportion. I mean, really, like he's going to try to have sex with her with everyone sleeping around them.

It could be as simple as his hand brushing her boob while they slept. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Looks like she handles it all wrong too. She should have talked to him privately, not made it a tribe issue (unless they couldn't solve it one on one).

If they lose immunity again, I'm sure Ghandia's getting the boot.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-27-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: We are a family"
Canada makes a good point.

Maybe they have lost the IC and Ghandia gets the feeling she is the next to go. So why not start some "drama" to direct the negative to someone else - Ted.

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-28-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: We are a family"
If Ghandia plays it convincingly her drama could work. Other tribe members are shown looking confused and torn (Clay, Brian). It could affect Ted's crediblity with his tribe mates. His CBS profile says he is married with a newborn baby. IMHO Ghandia's hand on his thigh was WAY too familiar. Ghandi is also married with children.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-02, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Alternate Interpretation..."
... aren't the members of the Moral Majority the one who are always harping on about the return to 'Family Values' and are constantly complaining about too much 'sex and violence' on TV.

Preview for next EP3 shown immediately after EP2 focused on two things:

Sex (Ted and Ghandia)

and

Violence (wrestling and strangulation)

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Alternate Interpretation..."
IceCat - I concur. I don't think it goes deeper than that - "sex" and "violence, both shown in the previews.

Of course I am still trying to figure out what the heck the Great Divide was. What a crappy title for E2. But given it was such a crappy ep., it fit, I guess.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •