The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-05, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"

Okay, I've been debating with myself for literally hours over this. I mean, ugh, we had the most votes this episode ever, they had to devote half the show to the daggone voting! In many way, my worst nightmare.

And there was only one glaringly absurd massive gufu this week, only one! Yes, a smattering of others, but only one glarringly absurd one in this gufumeisters opinion.

So, what do I do about it? Give your four votes this week in honor of the four votes that took up a whole half the show this week. blech.

Not me, I'm more maniacal than that. This week cast as many contestant votes as you want, find 'em all and vote for 'em! Take as many posts as you need in order to do that.

The Gufu Rulez:

Contestant Gufus: You have two as many votes this week for Contestant Gufus as you want. You can make these for whatever you like that can be blamed on the contestants, whatever dumbdumb things they've done that you think gufuworthy! You may cast your votes for gufus others have already brought up, or make new gufu observations. Each week's Contestant Gufus with the highest vote totals will be voted on at the end of the season to determine the ultimate winner.

Production Gufus: You have one Production Gufu nomination which you may make each week. Production Gufus are for all the things that can be blamed on production (rather, not on the contestants but on the producers, directors, camera operators, sound technicians, film editors, promo copy writers, etc.). Once that nomination has been made that Production Gufu will go into the pool to be voted on at the end of the season, so don't waste your nomination on something that has already been nominated!

Honorable Mentions: You may make as many Contestant and Production honorable mentions as you wish. These won't count as votes or nominations, but you won't be wasting your time by speaking your mind! This week HA's aren't needed but if you gufu up they will count as actual votes, don't worry.

Discussions: Discussion posts are acceptable on gufu threads, and it is okay to disagree with another poster as long as you aren't disagreeable in how you disagree. Save your venom for the dumbdumbs playing the game and producing the show.

And I am casting the first Production Nomination this week for:

Full reward not actually explained beforehand. That whole vote someone on the other tribe immune surprise just left no room for strategy.

I mean, honestly, if they'd thought about it, why in the world would they save Ib? Have you looked at him, he has individual challenge ho written all over his svelt athletic V-shaped torso. I mean, good lawd, male models would kill for that physique.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 smokedog 03-17-05 1
 RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 Draco Malfoy 03-17-05 2
 Ulong/Korror Cathy the Canadian 03-17-05 3
   RE: Ulong/Korror arturbars 03-17-05 6
       RE: Ulong/Korror Cathy the Canadian 03-17-05 13
   RE: Ulong/Korror watermelon 03-17-05 10
 RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 samboohoo 03-17-05 4
   RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 watermelon 03-17-05 12
 RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 Cin 03-17-05 5
   Angie samboohoo 03-17-05 7
       RE: Angie watermelon 03-17-05 11
           they are just as smart as Ulonger c... arturbars 03-17-05 14
   RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 arturbars 03-17-05 8
 RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 Dakota 03-17-05 9
 RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5 dabo 03-21-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-17-05, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Contestant
1. Willard makes absolutely no effort to stay in the game.
2. Gregg tips his hand too early with Coby
3. Gregg/Jenn don't realize the Romber strategy won't pay off.
4. Angie and Steph vote for Bobby Jon(!)

Production
1. Too. Much. Voting.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
1. Obviously, Ibe's performance at the challenge
2. Willard's lack of interest
3. Ulong bringing their whole camp to TC
4. Koror's inability to control themselves while enjoying the reward.

Production: Having Koror eat right in front of Ulong. As big a fan as I am of human cruelty, this just went too far methinks.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-17-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Ulong/Korror"
Ulong hasn't built themselves a better shelter. Come on, you've got those home depot tools, use them!

Korror being a$$holes with the food reward. I know you're excited, but have some empathy. (Good for Coby for trying to tell them that before hand).

And Dabo, when you said
"Full reward not actually explained beforehand. That whole vote someone on the other tribe immune surprise just left no room for strategy."

I have to say, I think that was the whole idea. Let's have some individual thought for a change and really shake things up. I also liked how they had no time to confer for the tie breaker. They actually had to think for themselves!

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ulong/Korror"
>Ulong hasn't built themselves a better
>shelter. Come on, you've
>got those home depot tools,
>use them!
>

I don't thing that much time passed since they got those tools, if i am not mistaken only two or three days.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ulong/Korror"
Exactly - two ot three days, plenty of time to improve the shelter!

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ulong/Korror"
I agree that individual thought for both immunity and Ulong's votes was refreshing. It shows what people think on their own, not what a voting bloc is. Would be interesting to see every individual vote that was cast and mull over that a bit.

Also agree - Koror were ungracious about the food reward. Particularly disappointed at ian, my favourite. Coby was my favourite last night, for being funny, astute, showing he wants to play the game and is willing to make deals/do whatever to stay in, he seemed to genuinely like Willard and sad to see him go yet realised the strategy of casting the same vote as the rest of the tribe, had dignity in asking Koror to tone it down when they ate, and was also one of the few who, when the food was uncovered, actually kept quiet about it. In fact, he looked somewhat discomfited and disappointed at the rest of the tribe for the way they were delighting over the reward (then again, I can see why they were so excited too, having been starved half to death by this stage)

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Contestant:

Greg being too open with his gameplan.
Willard not having a gameplan.

Production:
Even though Willard will get plenty to eat at Loser Lodge, he should have been allowed to share in the reward. Koror should have arrived and sat on the jury side and had their TC after the whole Ulong TC.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

03-17-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
I think someone may have said this already, but Willard prob didn't need the beef stew... I'm sure he'd get better food at Loser Lodge

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-17-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Call me crazy, but I'm gonna go with Ulong voting out Angie instead of James. Even if Ibe wouldn't have gotten immunity, James has done worse in the overall challanges than Ibe. Angie (although I don't like her) has kicked a$$ in about every challange they've had.

Cin

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Angie"
Plus she's a spirited one with a lot of fight left in her. Can you see her now at the next challenge thinking about the Korors enjoying their stew. She could have been a one-woman wrecking crew.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

03-17-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Angie"
Haha, agreed...

1) Angie would have been one tough competitor next time around, and
2)not sure why Angie/Steph voted BJ when he seems to get along better with them than they do with James and James is clearly the weaker of the 2.

03-17-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "they are just as smart as Ulonger can be"
Angie said on the Early Show, that her and Steph voted for Bobby Jon becasue they wanted to vote out stronger memeber and keep James for later where they can beat them in individual shallenges (also the reason they wanted to vote out Ibe to begin with). Well, that's really stupid - you have to make it to the merge first - just shows that they are not too smart.

03-17-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
1. I completley agree - the biggest Gufu this week is Ulong voting out Angie (or planning on voting out Ibe) and not even mentioning James. James, except for toilet building (which they managed to loose too) did not do jack-sh!t for the tribe.

Other Contestan Gufu:

2. Greg/Jenn - Romber strategy along with Greg spilling his guts to Coby too early.
3. Ian - one of my favorites so far - loosing major points for behaving like a biggest jack-azz after the RC and at the TC
4. Ulong for being a bunch of broken down, scared, hopeless kids lost in the jungle - the fact that they brought the whole camp with them to TC just proves it.
5. Willard - for being useless

Production:

Well, where do i start - the whole episode - no IC, double TC, voting off players just for a heck of it, being extremly brutal to Ulong while they are already broken.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
1. Ibe "tanking" the challenge
2. Ulong getting lost in the jungle
3. Ulong wanting to vote out Ibe
4. Stephanie/Angie voting BobbyJon
5. Koror fawning over dinner
6. Willard not tending the fire
7. Gregg confiding in Coby long before it was necessary

(Note: Willard said on the Early Show that he got sick on day 3 and never quite recovered. So he won't get my vote for not playing the game.)

Production:
1. Sending a tribe that didn't lose to TC to vote out one of their own.
2. Not developing Willard's character. Like they couldn't spend a few minutes letting us get to know the guy because we all needed to see more Tom, Coby, Ian, and Angie.
3. Serving dinner at TC. Unnecessary roughness--Flag on the play.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S10 Gufu Award: Week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-05 AT 01:56 AM (EST)

1. Koror votes Ibrehem immune. Seriously, if Ulong wants to eliminate an individual immunity threat, go head and let them.
2. Ulong doesn't vote out James. Honestly, he keeps making bad decisions, why keep letting him?
3. Ulong lugs as much of Camp Ulong to TC as they can, desperately hoping for a merge, then has to lug it all back with one less person.

HAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAA!!!

4. Koror enjoys chow too much while Ulong suffers. Any other week this would be an Honorable Mention.
5. Willard gets all, like, antisocial. Dude would have had a clear shot to F4 if he'd played the social game and made it to the merge.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •