The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Smoking Gun article about the Bachelor Pad"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Corie161 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corie161 Click to send private message to Corie161 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Smoking Gun article about the Bachelor Pad"
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/chyten1.html

After reading the entire article, I have to think that the owners of this mansion are completely crazy. It references numerous times that the wife is 5 months pregnant with twins and that she was caring for twin toddlers. They mentioned that they were trying to sell the mansion to make room for their growing family. ~~please~~.

Anyhow, I would love to see pictures of their so called damages and the original contract. I find it hard to believe that Warner Bros would leave them high and dry with all the claims that they state.

Anyhow, just had to vent on the subject.

Corrine

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 News story AyaK 09-26-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "News story"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-03 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

Corie161, you need to read our news page - I wrote a story about this back on the 23rd:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1789

If you'll forgive my interpretation of the news, here's how I think WB will respond:

WB rented the house and started drilling holes for the camera and cable lines, which we expressly informed the Chytens would be done and then repaired when we left. The technicians ran into the rodent infestation in the basement and the black widow spiders in the garage, both of which were pre-existing conditions. We combated both during the time that we had possession, but it increased our costs dramatically, and we were limited in the methods we could use due to the filming in the house, which was the known purpose of our rental. These were hazards that the homeowner should have known about and disclosed to us prior to the rental; in the condition that we received the property, it was not fit for our intended use. Nevertheless, we bore the extra expense and persevered. Since we did not create these conditions, we were under no obligation to remediate them before leaving and returning the possessions to the house. When the Chytens unreasonably refused the return of their possessions, it ended our further duty to repair or remediate. Thus, we have no obligation to them.

And, frankly, from reading the lawsuit, I think WB will prevail. The Chytens never allege that the black widow spiders in the garage weren't a preexisting condition; instead, they claim that WB let the spiders get into the house. I'll bet dollars to donuts that they never told WB about the black widows -- and I've never yet met a spider colony that wanted to be in the garage instead of the house. Similarly, I can't visualize an infestation of rodents so severe that it took weeks to eradicate establishing itself in just the four weeks that WB had the house.

I'm willing to bet that the Chytens wanted to move because of the spider and rodent problems, not because of their "growing family."

With regard to their damage claims, the Chytens are trying to establish that WB had an "extraordinary duty" to prevent normal wear-and-tear, and that the "damage" caused disproportionate injury to Marci because of her delicate condition during pregnancy. I'll bet they can't prove that WB ever assumed such a duty to prevent normal wear-and-tear, however. Frankly, I think Chyten just figured that WB would "pay up" to avoid the bad publicity; he didn't expect that they'd be so angry over having to fight the spiders and the rodents themselves that they'd actually develop some spine and refuse to settle.

Since the Chytens seem litigious, I'd expect this suit to go to a final verdict -- which I predict will be 100% in favor of WB, unless I've misread the factual situation completely (which is always possible).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •