The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Promo!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-27-02, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Promo!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-02 AT 07:17 AM (EST)

Finally, a promo!

Remember way back before Amazing Race 2 we were looking at this promo that showed us Sydney, temples, Hawaii, hang gliding, rock climbing, Corcovado and Namibia, we can kind of assume that all the locations in this one would be visited in Amazing Race 3!

There are some that can be easily identified, and since we know there are 4 continents this time, it's N America (Mexico City, Miami), Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, possibly Japan), Europe (Venice, see below) and S America (Easter Island, see below). So Africa and Oceania are out this time!

Starting from the top left corner, anti-clockwise, I can see...

A temple, with that pointed top I'm placing my money on Japan.

This building looks familiar, Spanish? Supposing this is Mexico City. Is there some church that looks like this there?

Desert, those in Africa and Oceania are out, and I don't see them going anywhere near the Middle East, I'm supposing they get to the Atacama or this is the Gobi. The Nevada Desert was used already, right?

OK, obviously Easter Island.

Is anyone reminded of Survivor 5? Are they going back to Thailand? OK, palm tree, could be any of the Pacific Islands, Southeast Asia or even Miami.

Does anyone not know where this gondola is?

Temple of Southeast Asian style. If I recall there's no such temple with such a pointed dome in Singapore, so it could be Malaysia, or is it Brunei? Don't think they're going to Indonesia...

Skydiving. Hmm...

On Televisionwithoutpity they kind of deduced it to be a ferris wheel, with that red glow it should be the London Eye. Definitely a possibility.

This looks like a monument in Taipei! Anyone knows what it's called? Or is it a castle in Japan?

Around the top seems to be all people, and they kind of look like previous ones, the one abouve the N looks like Margarita, and when I see the one above the R with the baseball cap (?) my head screams Blake.

Your views?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Japan, Texas, Italy, Thailand WHaTTHeMoLe 09-28-02 1
 A Promo Revisited WHaTTHeMoLe 12-11-02 2
   RE: A Promo Revisited ulalame 12-11-02 3
 RE: Promo! Clarence Y K Ngui 12-11-02 4
 I Know where the finish line is! IceCat 12-11-02 5
   Animation... IceCat 12-11-02 6
       RE: Animation... sleeeve 12-11-02 7
           Hee Hee! IceCat 12-11-02 8
           Seriously, though... IceCat 12-11-02 9
               Hmmmm... IceCat 12-11-02 10
                   RE: Hmmmm... WHaTTHeMoLe 12-12-02 11
                       RE: Hmmmm... Cole 12-12-02 12
                           RE: Hmmmm... Skilinopia 12-12-02 13
       RE: Animation... sjunkim 12-12-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

WHaTTHeMoLe 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Japan, Texas, Italy, Thailand"
I'll second the vote for the Japanese temple.

The building you assumed might be in Mexico City looks a lot like the Alamo in San Antonio--I was there a few years ago, and the way it's lighted in this picture looks suspiciously like every postcard photo of the Alamo. Since it's in the US, possible ending location?

My guess for the gondola would be Italy (maybe Venice?), but I wouldn't put money on it. In any event, it's another European country.

The pointed domes on the Southeast Asian style temple are common in Thailand. Anyone heard of this as a possible location? If not, I'd go with Malaysia.

12-11-02, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "A Promo Revisited"
With three legs to go, it looks like we've still got some locations to hit. From the top left:

Have we seen that white temple yet?

Probably from Mexico City.

Easter Island--add that to the list of stops across the Pacific.

Some random beach--we've seen enough of those.

This gondola taunts me. Yes, we they rafted in Scotland, but this is not Scotland. Is it a Singapore/Vietnam shot?

These were probably somewhere in Malaysia.

Snow! We have yet to see snow... back to Alaska? Third time's a charm (and awfully predictable)! Oh, maybe that's an awkward skydiving shot...

A very big Ferris wheel? Anyone?

A blurry something of some kind. Neobie says it's a monument. Any takers?

More snow? Perhaps a team gets stuck in Sibera. Perhaps that's too much to hope...

:0) WtM

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-02, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Promo Revisited"
Are we sure the shots of the statues are from Easter Island? It could be some statuary in Hawaii.

As for the snow, if they are in Seattle, they could go to Mt. Rainer, which has snow year round. There is also snow in Hawaii at times, depending upon the time of year.

Clarence Y K Ngui 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-11-02, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Clarence%20Y%20K%20Ngui Click to send private message to Clarence%20Y%20K%20Ngui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Promo!"
The Pagoda is definitely Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, Myanmar (formerly known as Burm).

I doubt any US tv stations would be filming in Myanmar since it has been ruled by a military junta since 1962.

And by the way, Malaysia and Brunei are Islamic countries, there are few Buddhist temples in Bruneu, although there are a lot of Buddhist temples in Malaysia, but pagodas are rare as pagodas are built to enshrine relics of the Buddha, which are few and far in between in Malaysia.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-02, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I Know where the finish line is!"
Keep in mind that TAR1 and TAR2 ended near large monuments:

That globe structure at the world's fair site for TAR1 and the Golden Gate Bridge for TAR2.

Check this out:

Here is a close up cut from the circular structure in the upper right portion of the promo graphic:

Now look at this:

The finish line is The Gateway Arch in St. Louis!

12-11-02, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Animation..."

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Animation..."
I just hope that the final clue is something like "go to where Kurt Warner has continually disappointed his fans this season"

Great find, IceCat!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

12-11-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
8. "Hee Hee!"
How about this one:

In this Detour, contestants must find the secret underground vault where former St. Louis slugger Mark McGwire stored his vast supply of steroid supplements...

12-11-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
9. "Seriously, though..."
... the promo graphic shows Venice and this series didn't visit Italy at all. As sleeeve has said elsewhere, these could all be random images clipped from travel brochures.

12-11-02, 10:59 PM (EST)
10. "Hmmmm..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-02 AT 11:13 PM (EST)

That church-like structure upper left is definitly the Alamo in San Antonio:

In addition to the Alamo, San Antonio also has its scenic Riverwalk where you can take a gondola ride:

Maybe the gondola pic isn't in Venice, Italy but rather San Antonio, Texas.

12-12-02, 02:03 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Hmmmm..."
Maybe, but look at the detail on the bow/stern of each gondola. Those on the promo pics look very European, the ones on the riverwalk are higher and simpler. The promo gondola looks more authentic. I realize these may be random travel photos, but if the ending place is St. Louis or San Antonio and not Seattle as many suspect, you read it here first... :0)

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-12-02, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hmmmm..."
I think they are just random scenic shots. That gondola is most definitely a shot of Venice - look at the buildings in the back, it looks exactly like something that would be on the Grand Canal. They don't go to Myanmar or Easter Island either.

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hmmmm..."
Seriously, it would be near impossible for the teams to go to Easter Island and not pratical either. If I am not wrong (correct me if I am wrong I am not very sure), the only way to get to Easter Island is by plane and that is from Chile. There is no way the teams can travel by boat because not only is the sea very dangerous, it would take days to reach there (2,000 miles from any where). Upon reaching Easter Island, they would face the impossible task of landing on a rocky beach as Easter Island is a volcanic peak. Thus, flying is only the way there. And even if they do reach Easter Island, there is not much they could do apart from 1) Counting the Moai, 2) Finding a certain Moai. Unless this is a pit stop for a leg of the race involving Chile. However, this is very unlikely.

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

sjunkim 124 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-02, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sjunkim Click to send private message to sjunkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Animation..."
This would be an awesome finishing city...

have I mentioned how disappointed I am that they are going to Hawaii again... argh!... seems like such a boring little place, I'd rather do Alaska again...

And they shafted Canada again...!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •