The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What do I wear to the wedding?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-07, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What do I wear to the wedding?"
Our niece is being married on Saturday. It's supposed to be in the 80's. It's a formal wedding with a cowboy twist. (Yeah, I know...) She's doing the whole formal white wedding gown thing - with red cowboy boots. The reception is being held in a barn owned by her fiance's Uncle.

I was planning on wearing a short black, tiered, dress with sandals. But, last night I dragged a door over my little toe, ripping off a good portion of nail. The toe is now purple and there's no way I can put polish on it. Owwww. So, sandals are probably out, and as swollen as it is I don't think I can put it in closed toe heels, either. It doesn't bend well.

Do I just polish the nails I can and go with the outfit I had in mind, wearing flat, dressy, flip-flop sandals - hoping no one notices? Switch to a longer dress and dressy sandals hoping it kinda hides my toe? Or, do I switch to a pantsuit and boots? Or, what?

Suggestions?

Agman made me a pack.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? samboohoo 10-04-07 1
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? whimsey 10-04-07 2
 Moccasins maybe? IceCat 10-04-07 3
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? frisky 10-04-07 4
   RE: What do I wear to the wedding? Maroonclown 10-05-07 7
       RE: What do I wear to the wedding? MKitty 10-05-07 13
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? qwertypie 10-05-07 5
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? FishWoman 10-05-07 6
 Not normally a fashion consultant, ... RollDdice 10-05-07 8
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? geg6 10-05-07 9
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? syren 10-05-07 10
 Thanks everybody mysticwolf 10-05-07 11
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? mattben 10-05-07 12
   RE: What do I wear to the wedding? mysticwolf 10-06-07 14
 RE: What do I wear to the wedding? mysticwolf 10-06-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-07 AT 07:56 PM (EST)

I'm wearing a black sleeveless dress, knee length, with strappy sandals. I'm going to a wedding as well.

ETS: Wear the sandals and a band-aid. If you have a small child, wear a small child band-aid. I wear lots of Dora band-aids.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-04-07, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
Go with the original outfit w/ sandals - like Boo says - with a funky band aid on the toe.

And take it easy on the toe.

Is there such a thing as "dressy flip-flops"?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Moccasins maybe?"

It's a comfy shoe with lots of toe room but still is in the the cowboy (and indian) theme.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
>It's supposed to be in the 80's.

Before I clicked in to what you meant by this, I was going to suggest a banana clip in the hair with mall bangs, a satin poufy-skirted dress, blue eyeshadow, and earrings down to there.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
Don't laugh. I thought the same thing.

I couldn't figure out how cowboy theme would fit in with Flashdance.

Smokeysmom made this just for me *whee* Trolling for siggies since September 24, 2007

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-05-07, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
Me three..I was thinking it was a Cowboy AND 80s theme and quite confused!!

*Pumpkin Kitty courtesy of Smokeysmom*

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
Are you allowed to pair your outfit with red cowboy boots, or is that considered tacky because that is what the bride is wearing?

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-05-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
I also thought initially that you meant an 80's-themed wedding!

Wear the sandals and a bandaid. I broke my foot the day before my cousin's wedding - I wore the outfit I had planned with one shoe and one foot wrapped in an ace bandage.

Hair by Tribephyl

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Not normally a fashion consultant, but..."
Have you considered lace chaps?

Bounce or Die by IceCat
The first person to suggest "ass-less chaps" wins a prize.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
I'd go with the original outfit. It sounds really cute and, with the weather being about the same as it's supposed to be here, the best choice to stay cool.

I, too, like the idea of using some sort of funky Band-Aid on your toe. You'll look like someone confident and with a sense of humor. And it will give you something to talk about with all the people you have nothing else to say to.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
I'll echo Geg and Boo. Original outfit, original shoes, great bandaid.

10-05-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Thanks everybody"
I'll take your advice and go bandaid shopping.

LOL about the 80's theme paired with cowboys. The weather here hasn't broken, yet. Except for about 3 days a few weeks ago when it got into the 50's. It's going to be close to record high temps this weekend. Mid to upper 80's, possibly hitting 90 on Sunday. In October. Sheesh.

Agman made me a pack.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-05-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
Go with your original idea, mystic. but put a big blob of cow poop on the bad toe. That's country-western!

And it's a new perfume, to boot.

10-06-07, 10:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
Gee. Thanks, matt. You're always so helpful.

Agman made me a pack.
My new nephew-in-law's name is Matt. I'll try not to hold it against him, as he's a really nice guy.

10-06-07, 10:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What do I wear to the wedding?"
I took your advice and wore the black dress with copper flips with a slight wedge heel that had the straps encrusted with amber gemstones. Embellished with amber earrings and a glow-in-the-dark Sponge Bob Square Pants bandaid for my little toe.

The perfect ensemble.

It was a lovely wedding and I wish the young couple much happiness in life.

Agman made me a pack.
Never occurred to me before, but I found a kids size bandaid is the perfect size for toes. I have small feet. I've never had a bandaid that worked well there before, so usually go without even if it hurts. Thanks for the suggestion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •