The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kitchen tips that really work."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-03-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kitchen tips that really work."
While watching Food Network the other day the chef used an egg slicer to cut her strawberries into slices. I am making strawberry shortcake for about 70 people tonight and I decided to try this tip (I had to buy the slicer.) It works! It's easy and fast and it works! Yea!

So, have you got any good kitchen tips that you're willing to share?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 1
   RE: Kitchen tips that really work. mysticwolf 10-03-07 16
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. weltek 10-03-07 2
   RE: Kitchen tips that really work. jbug 10-03-07 4
       RE: Kitchen tips that really work. weltek 10-03-07 5
           RE: Kitchen tips that really work. CutsyTootsy 10-03-07 7
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. smokeysmom 10-03-07 3
   RE: Kitchen tips that really work. CutsyTootsy 10-03-07 8
       RE: Kitchen tips that really work. smokeysmom 10-03-07 9
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 6
   RE: Kitchen tips that really work. mysticwolf 10-03-07 17
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. dragonflies 10-03-07 10
 RE: Kitchen tips - stay out of it newsomewayne 10-03-07 11
   RE: Kitchen tips - stay out of it CutsyTootsy 10-03-07 12
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. J Slice 10-03-07 13
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. Sunny_Bunny 10-03-07 14
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. mysticwolf 10-03-07 15
 RE: Kitchen tips that really work. mysticwolf 10-03-07 18
   RE: Kitchen tips that really work. blacknwhitedog 10-04-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Rub your hands with a stainless steel utensile after cutting onions or garlic to get rid of the smell. A great tip if you're wanting a romantic night after fixing spaghetti!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Oops. I should have read first. I just posted almost the same tip. (Using cold water and not rubbing is safer if it's the knife blade you're holding. )

Agman made me a pack.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
One of the TWO times I watched the Rachel Ray show, she had on kitchen tips from viewers. Only one was new and exciting to me:

Store your saran wrap in the fridge and it won't stick to itself when you unroll it.

Ok, I admit, I haven't actually tried it, but it sounds good.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Dh told me he saw that the other day - problem is? I don't have room in my fridge for many extras (DH thought she said freezer tho).

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."

Maybe it was the freezer...I wasn't paying that much attention.

10-03-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
I think I'll try this. Me and my saran wrap don't get along too well usually.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-07, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
--Use balls of crumpled newspaper to kill odors in the fridge (or elsewhere, like shoes), it really works.

--If you put a sheet of paper towel above and below in the container you store washed / prepared lettuce in it will last A LOT longer. (If you buy salad bags , you can stick a sheet in the bag).

10-03-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Is the paper towel wet or dry?

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Ooooops -- good question! You toss it in dry.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
This isn't actually a kitchen tip but the item comes from a kitchen.....If you boil onion skins, you can use the water as a conditioning rinse for your hair.

We tried this once while camping, ok, there was tequila involved, but no one had any conditioner on them, so... It worked okay, and no it didn't stink.

10-03-07, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
I'd be a bit afraid to try this one. Boiled onion skins can also be used as a natural fabric dye.

Agman made me a pack.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
I've been doing that egg slicer for years. I love that thing!

My kitchen tip? Order out!

siggie by smokeysmom

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kitchen tips - stay out of it"
Let the woman have her space.

*runs*

surfkitten siggie shop 2007
Jokes, people. These are just jokes. - Sam Kinison

10-03-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kitchen tips - stay out of it"
*pops a kitchen towel at wayne*

Ok Mister. You are now in charge of dinner.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Butter improves everything.

Seriously.

Except fresh fruit - then it's kind of gross.

If you are sure that you're right, you probably aren't.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
The RR tip of smashing a garlic clove with the side of the knife before you cut it makes it ever so easy to chop it up fine.

If you oil slightly the top of a pan before you boil noodles, the water won't bubble over.

10-03-07, 10:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
My favorite tip? When you've sliced onions or something else that makes your hands smell, hold the blade of your knife (or any other piece of stainless steel) between your hands and run them under cold water. Smell's gone. It's just that easy.

Agman made me a pack.

10-03-07, 10:40 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
Since it seems my first tip is a repeat I'll go with my second.

Get a microwave safe collander. When you need to brown ground beef? Put the collander inside of another microwave safe dish and the beef inside the collander. When it's done just lift it out, all the grease has drained into the lower bowl. Discard grase, put the beef back into the bowl, and continue with your recipe.

Agman made me a pack.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kitchen tips that really work."
I read that one in a magazine so I tried it and it made a terrible mess. I put the ground beef in a plastic collander and placed a bowl under the collander to catch the grease. I ended up throwing the collander away because I could not clean the little specks of meat out of the holes- it was like baked on.

Syren 2007

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •