The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"For Dog Lovers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-07, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"For Dog Lovers"
This is your morning infomercial. I tried out a new (ok, new to me) product lastnight, the D.A.P collar. And, I'm here to give my review.

My Sheltie is a nice, normal, calm dog.....until a thunderstorm rolls thru. Then he becomes this wild-eyed, panting, pacing, shaking dog-from-hell.

I've tried desensitizing, crating, swadling (don't ask) and countless other remedies. None worked. I didn't want to drug the poor guy, but after thinking he was going to have a heart attack the other night I gave in and called the vet to ask for anti-anxiety meds. Instead of getting meds she sold me a pheromone releasing collar that I was really not sure about. But...it works!

Last night, big storm. Dog, not totally freaked. Panted a little, but no shaking, shivering, running in circles maniac. Me, still stayed awake with him, but happy he wasn't straight-jacket crazy.

And, it smells good. I think I'm going to buy myself one and wear it at work.

3 1/2 out of 4 stars. I'd give it 4 if I'd gotten to sleep all night long.

tummy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oxyclean jbug 10-03-07 1
 Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Breezy 10-03-07 2
   RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 3
       RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Breezy 10-03-07 4
           RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 5
               RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Breezy 10-03-07 6
                   RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 7
                       RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Breezy 10-03-07 8
                           RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!! Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 9
 You live in OK? CutsyTootsy 10-03-07 10
   RE: You live in OK? Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 11
       RE: You live in OK? CutsyTootsy 10-03-07 12
           RE: You live in OK? Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 13
               RE: You live in OK? CutsyTootsy 10-03-07 14
                   RE: You live in OK? Ahtumbreez 10-03-07 15
 RE: For Dog Lovers Asrai 10-03-07 16
 I have no idea if this works or not... KeithFan 10-03-07 17
   RE: I have no idea if this works or... smokeysmom 10-03-07 18
       RE: I have no idea if this works or... KeithFan 10-03-07 19
   Holly is happy... northernlights 10-03-07 21
       RE: Holly is happy... Ahtumbreez 10-04-07 22
 RE: For Dog Lovers RudyRules 10-03-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oxyclean"
None of those products work for me the way they claim on tv.
so minus 10 stars.

SurfKitten Siggie Shop 2007
Butch (our minpin) could sleep thru a tornado, so he doesn't need a collar - glad it worked for you tho.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
How YOU doin?

Morgan is an angel so no need... *snort* yeah right she's an angel. She doesn't like any loud noises and hides behind the couch during storms. The Shelties I had would act like yours did though, crazy dogs.

Did I miss the summary of your road trip? How did it go?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

10-03-07, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
Hiya sweetie.

Good gawd, I don't even know where to begin. So I'll give you the short version.

*deep breathe*

Good trip out to Cali, emergency room visit, lost camera, 250 mile backtrack to find lost 1200.00 camera, missed flight for girls going to HI, mixup with Bravey, Mom gets sick, put her and sis on plane back to OK, niece and I do Hollywood and have great time just the two of us on the way back. 4500 miles later...collapse.

Stay with mom, find job at local Doc office, still looking for a house, manic dog, happy to be back on OT. And you?

And now I'm really back into the swing of things since particpating in a thread-jack on a thread I started

Missed you!

10-03-07, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
Yikes! *giggle* Awwww the memories you made.

You're in OK now? Are you going to buy or rent there?

Missed you more.

10-03-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-07 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

Memories and lessons I learned 4 days is about max for close family fun! By the 5th day, well, hell-in-a-handbasket sound familiar?

I'm in OK now, we bought 40 acres, but we're not going to build for a couple of years so I'm looking for a rental. I missed out on a house I really liked, and now nothing I look at compares, but I think I'm going to have to settle. Ugh.

No you did not!

10-03-07, 09:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
Finding a rental that will take a dog is fun, isn't it? *sigh*

40 acres! wooohoooooo That means I can come visit and camp out, right?

How does DH like being on the road by himself?

Yes I did!

10-03-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
It freaking sucks!

You can come anytime you want. I wanted to buy land right on the river, but price goes way up. We do have canoes and kayaks to rent right down the road though. I took a kayak out last weekend and peacefully floated 12 miles and had a great time. You guys should come down and visit....after I find a place

He's getting used to it. Ok, no, he really likes it, which sucks Since I've been off the truck he's been to Vegas, hiked with the Park Service guys in Yellowstone, camp with some Native Americans at some Medicine Wheel in WY, done sea kayaking in Maine and been robbed at gunpoint in Oakland. Ok, he didn't like that last part, but you get my drift. He's having fun. It's me having the hard time.

No. You. Did. Not

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

10-03-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
We were supposed to go tubing down the river this summer, never made it. Way too busy summer.

Ack! Robbed at gunpoint?!?!? *thud*
I'm glad he's doing well. I'm sure after you find a place, you'll be doing better. *smooch*

Yes. I. did. too.

10-03-07, 09:37 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Tummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!"
See, I think fall is the best time to do the river. After the summer crowds are staying home and vegging out to football.

Unless of course it's a partytime weekend, then the more the merrier. When we were younger we would get a keg and put it in it's own tube and party all the way down. Now? you can't even have 6 point on the river! Ah, the good ole days

There's. No. Way. Nu-uh.
Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-03-07, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "You live in OK?"
As in, Oklahoma? I have never met anyone on OT from Oklahoma!

OK tag

10-03-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
11. "RE: You live in OK?"
I lived in MO when I joined OT, then for the last 3 years I've been traveling , now I've settled in Eastern OKlahoma. Originally I'm an Okie (almost from Muskogee ), so I've just come home.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro

10-03-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: You live in OK?"
Wow! I grew up in Tulsa and now live in a suburb of Tulsa so we're not too far from each other I bet. Fun!

10-03-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
13. "RE: You live in OK?"
Nope. I go into Tulsa. Alot. I have a close friend that lives in Owasso and we try to get together quite a bit, especially during softball season. I get my fix of fastpitch softball thru her girls

We should try for a peep meet sometime!

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro

10-03-07, 10:12 AM (EST)
14. "RE: You live in OK?"
What a small world! We live in Owasso - well, outside the city limits but in the school district. We moved in February out to our 10 acres. We're living in the shop building right now with hopes to build the house soon.

I think a peep meet sometime would be fun- I've never had one!

10-03-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
15. "RE: You live in OK?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-07 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

Me either >evil eye at Bravey < so definitely, let's plan it.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro

you have a pm

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: For Dog Lovers"
I'll have to show this to my GF. We've been trying everything to settle one of our Schnauzers down during thunderstorms. We have two, Hank & Charley, but Hank does just fine.

Charley does the run and hide under or behind everything while she shakes violently as his tongue hangs to the floor dance! I feel so bad for him. We usually give him a benedryl, but the trick is to give it to him early enough that it's doing it's job before the biggest part of the storm is affecting him.

Thanks for sharing...maybe this could help Charley.

Summer Siggies by Sharnina

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I have no idea if this works or not, but"

...this is the newest member of the OT extended family.

The people who got him decided they couldn't handle a puppy, so they gave it to my wife. We already have a Shi who is 14. Not a good situation so far but it has only been 3 days and it seems to be getting better.

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I have no idea if this works or not, but"
awwwwww! What's his name? May I suggest "Gandhi" as he has such a positive aura? Oh, er, ooops -- you mean that's a Photoshop effect?

I hope they learn to get along well, good luck!

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I have no idea if this works or not, but"
Thanks!

They had named him "Toby"; I think after the country singer or something. My DD wants to keep it, because apparently it's his name. My wife wants to name him "Cosmo", and I like "Stupid-puking-and-pooping-machine"- but that won't fit on the tag very well.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Holly is happy..."
...to have another Shih Tzu in the OT family!

What a sweet little face! I'm sure mr lights would be happy to take him if he's too much. *grin*

Holly's seven and could use someone to keep her company while we're at work all day.

She's a freak during thunderstorms ever since the big storm we had last summer. We got some all natural drops from the vet in the spring but you're supposed to give them to her one hour before the storm. Ya, that's doable. *rolls eyes*

Where would one buy this collar?

~ can't stop looking at that puppy face!

10-04-07, 09:16 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Holly is happy..."
I bought Diesel's from his vet. It comes in collar, atomizer and spray. They say if you crate you can put the collar on and put the atomizer near the crate and/or spray their bedding for best results. I don't crate so I'm just trying the collar. Which seemed to really help. It was 25.00 for the small one.

If you and Rudy and others try the extra stuff you'll have to let me know how it does.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: For Dog Lovers"
I might have to get one of those. SS is terrible with thunderstorms. Rudy isn't phased at all but SS is just a mess!
If that collar really works... that would be great!

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •