The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Buffs and teams"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-15-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Buffs and teams"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Looks like the buffs will be Purple and red/orange?

If these are taken before a merge, then these two are NOT on the same starting team.

another purple buff

possible boy buff

Would they possibly make and all girls and all guy team???? If they do the challanges right then they would have equal chances of winning.

Thoughts?

Cin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Battle of the sexes tribes SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 1
   RE: Battle of the sexes tribes Cin 08-15-02 2
 Buff in first photo? Rain Crow 08-15-02 3
   RE: Buff in first photo? Cin 08-15-02 4
       RE: Buff in first photo? weltek 08-15-02 5
           RE: Buff in first photo? mistofleas 08-15-02 11
               RE: Buff in first photo? Rain Crow 08-15-02 23
                   RE: Buff in first photo? ShowMeTheWinner 08-22-02 59
 RE: Buffs and teams Cin 08-15-02 6
   RE: Buffs and teams Strider 08-15-02 9
       RE: Buffs and teams PepeLePew13 08-16-02 55
 RE: Buffs and teams Tumbler 08-15-02 7
   RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 8
       RE: Buffs and teams Tumbler 08-15-02 10
           RE: Buffs and teams Lost Soul 08-15-02 12
               RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 13
               RE: Buffs and teams Tumbler 08-15-02 14
           RE: Buffs and teams SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 15
               RE: Buffs and teams Tumbler 08-15-02 20
                   RE: Buffs and teams SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 22
 Division of Teams -- CBS Commercial samboohoo 08-15-02 16
   off topic a sec ;) Cin 08-15-02 18
       RE: off topic a sec ;) samboohoo 08-15-02 19
   RE: Division of Teams -- CBS Commer... SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 46
 RE: Buffs and teams true 08-15-02 17
   RE: Buffs and teams SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 21
       RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 24
           RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 25
               RE: Buffs and teams Cin 08-15-02 28
       Fair challenges? bebekid 08-15-02 26
           RE: Fair challenges? SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 29
               RE: Fair challenges? esquire 08-23-02 62
 RE: Buffs and teams CatEyes 08-15-02 27
   RE: Buffs and teams survivorscott 08-15-02 34
 RE: Buffs and teams s_man 08-15-02 30
   RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 31
       RE: Buffs and teams Cin 08-15-02 32
           RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 36
 RE: Buffs and teams Tumbler 08-15-02 33
 More buff vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 35
   RE: More buff vidcaps smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 37
       Un-ID'd vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 40
           RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps Tumbler 08-15-02 41
           RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 49
               RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 51
               RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps I_AM_HE 08-29-02 67
                   RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-29-02 69
                       RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps I_AM_HE 08-30-02 70
               RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps pancho 08-29-02 68
   Buff status SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 38
       RE: Buff status SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 52
           RE: Buff status samiam 08-15-02 53
           Ghandia is purple??? SurvivorBlows 08-16-02 56
   RE: More buff vidcaps FesterFan1 08-15-02 39
       RE: More buff vidcaps SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 44
           RE: More buff vidcaps Tumbler 08-15-02 45
 RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-15-02 42
   RE: Buffs and teams SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 43
       SOOK-JAI tribe is purple VanQ 08-15-02 47
           RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple VanQ 08-15-02 48
               RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 50
                   RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple Lost Soul 08-16-02 54
                       RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple VanQ 08-20-02 58
 RE: Buffs and teams MattyMax 08-16-02 57
 RE: Buffs and teams JeffGator 08-23-02 60
 RE: Buffs and teams zzz 08-23-02 61
   RE: Buffs and teams GuessItRains 08-23-02 63
   RE: Buffs and teams dabo 08-23-02 64
       RE: Buffs and teams smrtNsassybnkr 08-23-02 65
 RE: Buffs and teams Kokoro 08-24-02 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Battle of the sexes tribes"
Well, a "battle of the sexes" tribal breakdown would be a new and interesting way to enter the game... and it certainly would CREATE a need to come up with all new, distinctly non-physical challenges on order to keep things fair.

The test for this theory will be what we learn about the first challenge -- it's usually as very visual, very physical challenge -- if we hear or see nothing about it in pre-show clips, then maybe you're on to something.

The only issue with this theory is that I'm not convinced that Burnett would pass on the chance for all the usual pre-merge flirting and romance that he normally seems to hope for... (and of course, one vidcap of a purple buff on a guy and it's been disproven! )

-SB

08-15-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Battle of the sexes tribes"
I have been looking for a guy in a purple buff, and I will keep looking. The idea I think is kinda neat.

I'll keep on it

Cin

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-15-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Buff in first photo?"
I don't see a buff in the first photo. If you are looking at the reddish orange thing on the pole in front of the guy in the cave, it is not a buff, it is an oriental mask. Looks kind of like a devil or something.

08-15-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Buff in first photo?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

look about even with his chest. It looks like a buff to me, with the survivor stuff written on it, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is what it is. Can anyone magnify it?

ETA: DOH that does look like a devil also, maybe someone else can chime in and tell us what they think

Cin

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Buff in first photo?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

No doubt it is a buff, but why would it be hanging from that stick? It could be laying vertically on a rock, but that's unlikely....seems fake to me.

These pictures indicate to me that they arrive as usual by water (oar, clothing spread out on the beach presumably to dry).

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Buff in first photo?"
I'm chiming in here with my little opinion. The orange thing looks much more like a mask than a buff. You can see the mouth and eyes very clearly. I'm not sure why it would be hanging in that particular place but it sure looks like a mask to me.

--just wants to let everyone know how totally JAZZED she is that S5 starts soon.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Buff in first photo?"
I am still puzzled over this and can't help but feel that the thing is a mask. If it isn't, then it has the most conveniently placed patterns and lumps since the man-in-the-moon.

Easily visible is one horn, one eye, a lump of a nose, hideous mouth, and an angular chin. As I see it, the "mouth" could be a survivor logo, but I don't think the "eye" could be one since it is pretty small compared to the other logos we are seeing.

In the final analysis, I doubt if it has any spoiler value as a mask, but since we are at the beginning of our speculation, it is something to look at...I guess I am starting to get into the spirit of spoiling agian!!!

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Buff in first photo?"
>
>In the final analysis, I doubt
>if it has any spoiler
>value as a mask, but
>since we are at the
>beginning of our speculation, it
>is something to look at...I
>guess I am starting to
>get into the spirit of
>spoiling agian!!!

Hey, for all you know the tribal mask could be the immunity idol for this season.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

08-15-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I'm finding lots of pictures with just boys together and lots of pictures with just girls together. I am gonna go with my initial theroy that it's boys against girls till I can find a man in a damn purple buff.

Check out all these pics

http://survivorfever.net/vc-es-8-15.html

Cin

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-15-02, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Speaking of pictures together, on the Survivor web site, the men are all in one row, and the women in another. Is this always how they are layed out before the teams are revealed? I don't recall.

Also, didn't they advertise S5 as "beginning in a whole new unbelievable way" or something like that? This would certainly qualify.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Buffs and teams"
From my understanding, they're already given their tribal assignments during the drop-off at the very beginning -- they aren't allowed to talk to each other until the drop off takes place (S1 - boat, S2 - helicopter, S3 - truck, S4 - boat).

One image I remember from S4 is that Sarah was throwing up and someone else on the other tribe had an arm comforting her on the back, and there were people from opposing tribes sitting next to each other on the boat just looking around silently.

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Buffs and teams"
If anyone wants to try to find clues in the video from The Early Show, here's the link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml

What I found interesting were the introductions. Jeff's voice-over is clearly different for Robb the bartender. Was it spliced in later???

Tumbler

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I noticed the same thing....girls in purple, boys in red...but some pics don't show any buffs at all. Do you think they had their first challenge to determine teams? (I do) I also think they didn't show pics of everyone intentionally to make it appear that it was going to be the battle of the sexes.....I don't think it will truly be men on one team and women on the other. If it is....I suspect the women will win!!!!!

08-15-02, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I agree with you smrtNsassybnkr, in that, I think the division of sexes with the buffs was done intentionally. I watched the Early Show clip several times (link above) and was only able to confirm four men wearing red/orange and four women wearing purple.

red/orange buffs - Brian, Clay, John, and Ted.
purple buffs - Erin, Stephanie, Shi Ann, and Penny.

I think we will have two tribes as usual. How they are determined, should be interesting.

Tumbler

Lost Soul 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Soul Click to send private message to Lost%20Soul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Buffs and teams"
You can also see that Jed and John are in the same team:

and if that doesn't convinve you, I think that Jed is in the same team as Clay (he's playin golf in this vidcap, he's the one with his back turned):

If it's not Jed, then it's Robb. I don't think any other Survivor has the maleness or hairstyle to be the Mystery Golfer with His Back Turned.

But anyway, this gives us 5 males on the same team...

08-15-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I don't see buffs on Jed and John in the first picture. Do you suppose that was taken before teams were determined? You can barely see buffs on Clay and Ted, but the mystery golfer (presumed Jed) doesn't seem to be wearing one in the 2nd pic.? I think they are intentionally trying to catch us off guard from the very start. I think they are purposely leading us to believe there is a battle of the sexes, but I think the people NOT shown in the pictures are the real key here! Let me know if you hear anything....!?

08-15-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Lost Soul,

Your first picture is clearly Jed and Jake (not John). However, your second picture is a little more suspect. It looks like it's Ted, Clay and Jed **OR** Ted, Clay and Brian. It's kind of hard to tell with his head down. If it's Brian, we could still have only four men on the tribe. If not, then I guess you are right.

Lost Soul. I hope you're not right. But only because I don't like the idea of men against women in this game. I think it would lose something...

Tumbler

08-15-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Buffs and teams"
>I agree with you smrtNsassybnkr, in that, I think the division
>of sexes with the buffs was done intentionally. I watched
>the Early Show clip several times (link above) and was
>only able to confirm four men wearing red/orange and four
>women wearing purple.
>
>red/orange buffs - Brian, Clay, John,
>and Ted.
>purple buffs - Erin, Stephanie, Shi
>Ann, and Penny.
>
>I think we will have two tribes as usual. How they
>are determined, should be interesting.

Who's John, do you mean Jake???

...we have footage of Jeb talking with Jake and we have footage of Clay, Ted, and another guy playing golf.

If you say you saw Brian, Clay, Jake, and Ted with red buffs, and we have a photo of Jeb and Jake, then that seem to put Brian, Clay, Jake, Ted, and Jeb in the same tribe.

-SB

08-15-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Buffs and teams"
SB,

I never saw Jake or Jeb with a red buff, but I did see John (the pastor) with one around his wrist. I also saw Brian, Clay and Ted with red buffs. If, in fact, that is Jeb, and not Brian in the golf photo, then it would appear we *DO* have more than five men on the same tribe. I just hope not. Maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Tumbler

08-15-02, 03:57 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Woops, for some reason I was thinging that guy's first name was Pastor and that there was no John this season. That said -- another damn John?!?!? Geez... well, I guess it's better than the alternative of having a Paschal one season and a Pastor the next...

Ok, so we have:

- John, Brian, Clay and Ted and with red buffs
- Jeb talking with Jake
- Clay, Ted, and another guy playing golf

Has anyone seen Ken or Robb???

-SB

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Division of Teams -- CBS Commercial"
Okay, I listen to the soaps on the radio on the CBS station and today there was a commercial for Survivor. In the commercial, Jeff makes a statement to the extent of: "Ladies on the right, gentlemen on the left." I'm not sure of the exact quote, but the teams definately appear to be divided by sex, at least initially. Would definately explain the different buffs and a new beginning.

Guess we'll see how this unfolds.

08-15-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
18. "off topic a sec ;)"
Sam, how do you listen to your soaps on the internet????

Cin

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: off topic a sec ;)"
Not on the internet, on the radio. 87.7 FM in Richmond, Virginia. I think it was on during Young & the Restless or Bold & the Beautiful -- I had to go into a meeting at 2 and it was before then.

08-15-02, 07:04 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Division of Teams -- CBS Commercial"
>Okay, I listen to the soaps
>on the radio on the
>CBS station and today there
>was a commercial for Survivor.
> In the commercial, Jeff
>makes a statement to the
>extent of: "Ladies on
>the right, gentlemen on the
>left." I'm not sure
>of the exact quote,

Here's the sounds:

http://www.bigbrothercentral.com/s5promo1.rm

There's vidcaps floatign around as well -- basically it looks like they paddle big boats to shore SPLIT INTO mixed gender 4/4 GROUPS, but then when they get to shore Jiffy has they separate into Men/Women. It's unclear what happens after that -- random buff selection, etc. but the paddle ashore to the same place and then SOMETHING happens, likely some type of swap

-SB

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Buffs and teams"
If there's one thing I've learned from trying to spoil this show, it's that what you see is usually what you get. In other words, the simplest explaination is usually the most accurate. From what I see in these pictures, it seems clear to me that we have a team of men and a team of women. Good catch Cin.

Add that speculation with the knowledge that there are all NEW challenges, and it seems pretty likely that the twist to start the game is the makeup of the teams. What could be more different than dividing the teams by sex? And who knows, it may not stay that way for too long, since MB can employ the old switcheroo at any point in the game. Hmmm, should make the early going quite interesting.

Gotta love the shallow, the deep will drown you -Buggy

true

08-15-02, 03:50 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Buffs and teams"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

I agree, a men versus women start wouldn't be that big a deal -- think about it, so you start men versus women, do three non-physical challenges, then you bring out The Switch after Episode 3 and things are mixed up and back to "normal."

...that still leaves another 9 days before the merge for male/female alliances to build and 30 days for flirting, etc.

It's an interesting new take on the game -- for example, what would S4's Sarah's initial strategy have been in a All Female tribe??? Will the bond of sisterhood or brotherhood prove more enduring after the switch than S4's arbitary bond of tribal circumstances did???

All and I I'm not crazy about the idea, but I can envision why Burnett would try it, it's a whole new type of mindf*ck -- a Burnett speciality.

-SB

08-15-02, 04:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Once again, I have to say, that I think the REAL key is the people we are NOT seeing with buffs......Jed, Robb, Ken, Jake, Ghandia,Helen, Jan, and Tayna. By the way, John is the "pastor" If, in fact, Brian, Ted, Clay and John are on the same team, it would make sense for them NOT to show the others with their buffs....same for the girls. We COULD still have both sexes on each team, but they are alluding to the idea of having same sex teams. I'll be watching for clues!! If anyone has additional info....please add your two cents!

08-15-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I just read that Jan was seen riding on Robb's skateboard, and it looks like Pastor John has a purple buff in his back pocket while building a shelter. You can see these pics in the Survivor Fanatic forum......So much for Boys against Girls!

08-15-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Please post the link for this forum or post the pic please.

Cin

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-15-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Fair challenges?"
Hey Webby,

What kinds of challenges (maybe some you have seen on past Survivors or other reality shows) would you say would be completely fair to both sexes? I think one would be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't favor one gender over the other.

I like the idea of same sex teams. It would certainly be a new dynamic, one that wouldn't work for the entire game, but for the first 9-12 days it could be interesting. As for S4's Sarah, her boobs wouldn't have impressed the other 7 women of S4, and they would have tossed her out to sea to float at their first TC.

bebe

08-15-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Fair challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 04:55 PM (EST)

>Hey Webby,
>
>What kinds of challenges (maybe some you have seen on past
>Survivors or other reality shows) would you say would be
>completely fair to both sexes? I think one would
>be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't favor one gender
>over the other.

Well, a purple rock always works

Seriously, off the top of my head I'd say previous tribal challenges such as the "Tapestry Weave," and "Coconut Maze Race," "Distress Signal," and even the "Human Maze Race" tribal immunity challenges from S4 would fit

And then of course there's always the "gross food" classic! That's 5 right there -- and S4 had all those as the tribal IC's for episodes 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 so it's not like non-physical tribal immunity challenges would exactly be like changing the rules. ...the only "unspoken rule" is the the Ep1 IC is usually very physical.

But based on the above this might all be mute now...

-SB

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Fair challenges?"
I'd add to the list, quizzes about nature and different baord game concepts usually reserved for the last few episodes

CatEyes 6 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CatEyes Click to send private message to CatEyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Buffs and teams"
If you go to the CBS.com website they survivors are seperated per sex. Women introduced on the top row, men on the bottom row. In the past if the survivors were on the same tribe, then they were listed together as a tribe. Showing this on the website is a confirmation in my eyes that there is a battle of the sexes for the first part.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-15-02, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Buffs and teams"
when they were introduced on The CBS Morning show, they did so in alphabetical order. A forst time for that.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Some of you guys beat me to it, but from the Early Show preview:

Jake - no buff seen
Erin - Purple
Steph - Purple
Jan - Orange (in hair)
Helen Purple (I think)
Brian - Orange
Jed - no buff seen
Shii Ann - Purple
Ghhandia - no buff seen
Clay - Orange
Penny - no buff seen
John - Orange
Ted - Orange
Ken - Purple
Tanya - no buff seen
Robb - no buff seen

May be worth something in figuring out Tribes.

08-15-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Buffs and teams"
By the WayGood Catch. I taped the early show, but I am at work, so I haven't seen it yet. at www.SurvivorThailand.com you can watch a lengthy slide show...perhaps this will help. I don't think anyone has seen a buff on Ken or Robb... By the way...CIN if you are out there, look at the subject "Sooner or Later Boys are with Girls" this may give us additional info. That subject is here in the Survivor Spoilers forum. I am not too computer savvy and I don't know how to list the link...sorry!

08-15-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Buffs and teams"
yeah I caught it right after I read this one ;) I thought you were getting info from someother site ;) Thanks for pointing out the back pocket buff, the earlyshow symbol hide it from me!

Cin

08-15-02, 05:25 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Cin, I'd love to take the credit, but the purple buff was pointed out by someone else, not me. I'm certainly happy to pass on any info though....Happy spoiling!

08-15-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Anyone have a comment on why they think the voice-over for Robb's introduction is different? I have watched and listened to the Early Show video several times and it is definately spliced in. What's up with that?

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml

Tumbler

08-15-02, 05:22 PM (EST)
35. "More buff vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 05:27 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

More to come...

DEFINITIVE BUFFS

Brian... RED -- with lots of stubble. ...a post-TC1 image???

Penny... PURPLE

Erin... PURPLE

Shii Ann... PURPLE

Stephanie... PURPLE

INCONCLUSIVE BUFFS

Helen... PURPLE???

Jan... RED???

Clay.. RED???

Ted... RED???

John... RED??

CASTAWAY INTERACTION

Ted, Clay, and Brian

Ken and Jake

Jed and Jake

Shii Ann, Erin, and Stephanie

Erin and Penny

08-15-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
37. "RE: More buff vidcaps"
Cool, I see the stubble on brian, perhaps they ARE split by sex initially, and then intermixed after Tribal Council 1? I imagine we will be guessing until Sept 19!!!

08-15-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
40. "Un-ID'd vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

Who's in these:

08-15-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 05:53 PM (EST)

SB,

In the first pic, from left to right, is Erin, Penny, and Shi Ann. (90% sure)
The second pic is definitely Erin. (100% sure)

Tumbler

Edited to add: In the "Sooner or later boys are with girls" thread, could they (Ken and Stephanie) be on top of the structure that is in your pic 1 (above)? If so, it's no raft.
Sorry, I don't know how to move the pictures to this thread.

Tumbler

08-15-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
>

The middle one clearly seems to be Jan (see below)... but do we have any images of a woman in black pants or the polka dot outfit???

08-15-02, 08:54 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
I just saw another clip and it's clear the woman in the black pants is Ghandia.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
personally, i think that's Erin, Jan, and Penny

you could be right about the black pants being Ghandia though. Still, I know for a fact that we've seen Erin in a similar black sports bra type thing, and the skin coloring seems to light to be Ghandia. Could be wrong though

And I believe we have seen a pic of Penny in a polka dot bikini. I'll try and find it. If its not Penny, I agree with the above comment that it could be Tanya though.

08-29-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
69. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
>personally, i think that's Erin, Jan, and Penny

No offense intended to Ghandia, but there's no way that's Erin's body, look at the two body types. Besides, as I mentioned before, you can't see it in the above vidcap. but when the scene plays live on TV you can see a split sec of blond tips in the hair. Also, as someone else pointed out, the polka dot is now clearly Tanya.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-02, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
yeah, you're right. i was gonna post earlier and retract my statements, but i had to run to class
we've seen a bunch of the women sporting a black sports bra in previews, and i was wrong on the bikini (Penny's is a two-tone blue, not a blue and white polka dot)

ah well, looks like its time to get the rust off the spoiling gear

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-02, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Un-ID'd vidcaps"
It looks like the "polka dot" outfit is Tanya

pancho

08-15-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
38. "Buff status"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

CURRENT CONCLUSIONS

OK, then based on the above, we can definitely say:

RED TRIBE:
Brian

PURPLE TRIBE:
Penny, Erin, Shii, Stephanie

SHOWN TOGETHER:

Ted, Clay, and Brian
Ken and Jake
Jed and Jake
Shii, Erin, and Stephanie
Erin and Penny

CURRENT CONCLUSIONS:

GROUP A: Ted, Clay, Brian
GROUP B: Ken, Jake, Jed
GROUP C: Shii, Erin, Stephanie, Penny

- This means if ONE MORE GIRL out of the four remaining of Jan, Helen, Tanya, or Ghandia is seen with a PURPLE buff then we'd have a fifth girl the PURPLE TRIBE

- Currently we have INCONCLUSIVE images of Helen in PURPLE... but also of Jan in RED??? Possiblities: A) That's not a buff Jan is wearing, but a scrunchy (girls, how the hell do you spell those things??!?!), B) Helen's image is not PURPLE, C) that's not Jan. I believe Helen's buff is clearly PURPLE -- and having gotten one of these buffs myself at the S4 Live Finale, I think that thing in Jan's hair is way small to be a buff, they don't get that small.

- Currently we have INCONCLUSIVE images of Clay, Ted, and John in RED. If this holds true, then we can add JOHN to "Group A" making "Group A" contain Clay, Ted, John, and Brian. This would mean if the tribes ARE NOT male/female, that ROBB would join Ken, Jake, and Jed in "Group B"

- IF YOU BELIEVE HELEN'S BUFF IS PURPLE, THEN WE HAVE AT MINIMUM A FIVE FEMALE TRIBE. If you also don't believe that's Jan in a RED buff, then there is zero evidence of an women in the RED tribe with: A) FIVE women accounted for in PURPLE, FOUR men accounted for in RED, and the other 3 remaining women and 4 men unknown.

This would create a scenario where either the tribes are "unbalanced" such as after in after S4's Switch, or a scenario where the tribes are split along sex, but there's no possiblity of a 4/4 even split if you believe that is a PURPLE buff that Helen is wearing (unless Burnett threw in some post-Switch images just to totally screw us up!)

08-15-02, 09:01 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Buff status"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

In light of the partial ID of the image in this URL:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2924.shtml#51

We can now add Group D -- Ghandia, Jan, and Mystery Polka Dot Girl.

That brings us to:

GROUP A: Ted, Clay, Brian
GROUP B: Ken, Jake, Jed
GROUP C: Shii, Erin, Stephanie, Penny
GROUP D: Ghandia, Jan, and Mystery Polka Dot Girl

If you believe Helen is wearing a PURPLE buff ( and therefore part of Group C) then Polka Girl would likely have to be Tanya??? (assuming these images are all from the same time period)

-SB

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Buff status"
I think Polka Dot Girl is definitely Tanya, if the choice is between her or Helen (as it seems to be). Helen does NOT seem the Polka Dot Tankini sort, and the body type looks all wrong for it to be Helen.

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat Him.

08-16-02, 10:33 AM (EST)
56. "Ghandia is purple???"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-02 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

I saw the following promo five minutes into CSI last evening -- and even taped it and vidcap'd it myself in case we needed caps -- but it wasn't until just now that I noticed the below (unfortunately my CBS station on my cable syystem seems to get interference from an over-the-air signal, so the quality of my CBS vidcaps aren't the best and I didn't notice the buff in my vidcaps)

Is that a PURPLE buff?

If so, combined with the below image, that would seem to put Group D's Ghandia, Jan, and Mystery Polka Dot Girl in the same PURPLE tribe as Group C's Shii, Erin, Stephanie, and Penny

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: More buff vidcaps"
Based on this info and the 2 pics of the "raft" under construction that link Ken and Stephanie, and allowing for the possibility that some sort of swap occurs in E1, we're looking at the following:

Purple Tribe:
Jake
Ken
Jed
Erin
Shii Ann
Stephanie
Penny

Red Tribe:
Brian
Clay
Ted
John
Jan

Not linked to either:
Robb
Ghandia
Helen
Tanya

If they maintain the traditional 4 men, 4 women per tribe at the outset then Robb must be in the Purple Tribe and Ghandia, Helen, and Tanya in Red. Of course, that may not be the case.

Fester

08-15-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
44. "RE: More buff vidcaps"
>Based on this info and the
>2 pics of the "raft"
>under construction that link Ken
>and Stephanie, and allowing for
>the possibility that some sort
>of swap occurs in E1,

If there's a swap, how do you know that both photos were taken either BEFORE or AFTER the swap??? (the raft or hut thing seems to show progress betweeen the photos)

...what if the photo of Ken is AFTER the swap and the photo of STEPHANIE is before the swap?

...and how about if the SWAP is that they SWAP CAMPS after Day One? (that sneaky Burnett)

-SB

08-15-02, 06:22 PM (EST)
45. "RE: More buff vidcaps"
...and how about if the SWAP is that they SWAP CAMPS after Day One? (that sneaky Burnett)

SB,

Swapping camps after day one would be priceless! Thanks! Now I will be hoping that this happens...hehe. That would have been great for Africa.

Tumbler

08-15-02, 05:57 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Buffs and teams"
if you go to www.survivorfever.net you will see the following conclusions:

Purple tribe: Erin, Helen, Penny, Shii Ann, Stephanie, Jake, and Ken

Red tribe: Ghandia, Jan, Brian, Clay, Jed, "Pastor" John, and Ted

The only two who havent been associated with a colored buff, or tribe are Tanya and Robb

My guess is that Robb is on Purple and Tanya on Red, just because of the sex factor. Purple is mostly women, and red, mostly men.....

08-15-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I'd like to see some explanation of the reasonong behind these conclusions

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "SOOK-JAI tribe is purple"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

I believe this is KEN..

and this is ROB with I believe HELEN (thats NELEH backwards..)in a red buff,(and clashing with her navy fatigues...ack)

Thanks to survivorfever.net

edited to add...
Could you not conclude that with Ken on Sook-Jai (purple) and seen with Jake and Jake seen with Jed, that these 3 are on the same team?
KEN JAKE JED are Sook-Jai

ROBB HELEN BRIAN are red team

08-15-02, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple"
okay... now I am confused. Robb shown in the pic above has Penny in the red shirt behind him. SHE is on the purple team.. hmm, maybe that isnt a red buff on the person in the fatigues (and maybe it isnt NELEH spelled backward either!)

maybe ROBB (why does he have 2 b's??) isnt on the RED team..hmm.

08-15-02, 08:44 PM (EST)
50. "RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple"
Well, at least we know for sure now that thing on her wrist isn't a buff:

Lost Soul 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Soul Click to send private message to Lost%20Soul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple"
I'm wondering... based on these two vidcaps, could Jake and Ted be on the same team?

They seem to be moving through a similar area, and in the same direction (right shoulder on the mountain side...).

Personnally, I think this is rather far-fetched, but it *would* place one more male on the Red Team.

-----

Personnally, Probst's "ladies on the left, gentlemen on the right" comment seems a bit too obvious. I mean, it more or less gives away one of the season's surprise. I'm leaning more and more toward a sort of draft team (possibly with Robb as team leader, and picking seven girls on his team because "he'll try to charm someone's pants off". )

08-20-02, 01:26 PM (EST)
58. "RE: SOOK-JAI tribe is purple"
uhm.... lost soul.. think ya got the wrong person there. The top pic is unmistakenly Ted, but the bottom pic isnt Jake. It is JAN, she wears the denim overall shorts (a big fashion mistake in my mind).
Just realized the similarity in names on this show, make it somewhat confusing. Ken, Jan, Jed, Ted, Jake, John, lets hope this isnt our F6.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Okay, I think that the game will start with some sort of challenge/activity that will determine the teams. as a result of the activity, the teams are uneven as far as male/female ratio, as we see it looks like there are 5 men/women on the two teams respectively. Because there seems to be evidence that Helen and Robb are on the same team, I don't think that the teams will be completely segregated by sex.

MattyMax

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-23-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Buffs and teams"

The bag in the picture of Ted's looks like Stephanie's or Ghandia's. The straps match up perfectly. I guess this doesn't tell us too much but is just a thought.

Attending FSU, another unfortunate side effect of hunger

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-02, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Buffs and teams"
I am about to do what I often criticize others for doing--i.e., commenting on a topic without reading all the relevant posts closely. So if my input is stupid--feel free to give me a virtual internet smack.

I have quickly read through this thread. Someone pointed out that a promo had a Jeff voice over saying men on the right--women on the left (or vice versa--I can't remember which gender went in which direction). What I did not see anyone report--and what I have heard on the CBS promo a couple of times--is one of the women speaking and saying something to the effect "we are going to kick the men's butts"--or something like that. Doesn't this all add up to battle of the sexes to start out? Is there still some doubt that the initial teams are 8 men on one team and 8 women on the other? Isn't CBS telling us this straight out? What am I missing? Please enlighten me.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Buffs and teams"
zzz you're talking about Ghandia. I saw the promo during BB3 for the first time last night and it sure sounds like she says "we are going to kick the men's butts." CBS is being a bit cagey about it, but I think that is likely so they can spring it as a surprise on the casual viewer who doesn't pay much attention to promos and spoiler boards.

As SB speculates above, if Ghandia's buff in the promo is purple then we have 7 women on one team, and in all likelihood all 8.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Buffs and teams"
zzz, I do think it would be a neat twist if the initital tribes were all women and all men, the "men on one side, women on the other side" scene could relate to the initial tribal selection process in a different way. It could be something like there are eight disks for the women to randomly stand on, eight disks for the men to randomly stand on, four red and four purple buffs for each gender.
ARRRRRRR!!!!

08-23-02, 04:17 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Rumor has it, that they are split men vs women, they paddle in those long boats to the island where they choose a pole that is stuck in the sand, Each pole has a bag containing a buff, thus determining teams. The teams seem to be split as follows:

Purple: Shii Ann, Penny, Erin, Stephanie, John, Ken, Jed & Jake

Red: Brian, Ted, Clay, Robb, Jan, Ghandia, Helen and Tanya

Again, this is speculation from what has been released! Most have been confirmed with still shots of the video releases thus far.....

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-24-02, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: Buffs and teams"
Didn't want to start a new thread just for this purpose, but this is just to let y'all know that the CBS site has now updated with "exclusive video interviews" of the contestants.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •