The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Ted Rogers Jr., 37, software design manager, Durham, NC

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... weltek 08-15-02 1
 RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... PackMan 08-15-02 2
   RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... SurvivorBlows 08-15-02 3
       RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... Bebo 08-15-02 4
           RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... PackMan 08-15-02 5
               RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... Bebo 08-15-02 6
                   RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... ConanRDU 08-15-02 8
               RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... Naked 08-16-02 9
                   IBM Confirmed Bebo 08-16-02 10
       RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... lroy 08-15-02 7
 RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... Bebo 08-16-02 11
 Weight Loss s_man 08-16-02 12
 Durham Herald Sun article Bebo 08-20-02 13
 Raleigh News & Observer Article - 8... PackMan 08-22-02 14
   RE: Raleigh News & Observer Article... s_man 08-26-02 15
 RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... Rain Crow 09-10-02 16
   RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr... Spidey 09-10-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 09:56 AM (EST)

Luxury item is a shaving kit. Hope it works better for him than Kel's razor did. He is married.

Ted Rogers, Jr. was born and raised in Roosevelt, New York. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Management in Information Systems and was a member of the Iota Phi Theta Fraternity (Alpha Chapter) at Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland. A former football player, Ted fulfilled a dream by playing in the NFL for the Dallas Cowboys during their 1994 pre-season.

Ted is currently a software development manager at a major computer corporation. He previously worked as a software engineer, software designer, software developer and substitute teacher. He enjoys motorcycle riding, web page designing, and listening and dancing to music. Ted is most proud of creating the Big Dog Riders Motorcycle Club, which he feels not only eliminates the stereotype of a sports bike rider, but also provides a way to affect his community directly in a very positive manner.

Ted currently lives in Durham, North Carolina, with his wife and newborn baby, Morgan. They have a miniature schnauzer named Nino and mixed breed dog named Sade. His birth date is December 28, 1964.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-15-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
I found this website for Ted's motorcycle club. They emphasize physical and spiritual strength, a strong sense of community, and a strong sense of commitment.

Website for Big Dog Riders Club:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010124034000/www.bigdogriders.com/

Here are some exerpts from the website on requirements for membership in the riding group:

Weight Requirement
All potential members must complete either of the following:
Male: Bench press 315lbs at least once OR 900lbs overall in 3 exercises*
Female: Bench press 115lbs at least once OR 500lbs overall in 3 exercises*
* = Bench, Squat and Leg Press

Ted, no doubt, is physically strong.

Once fulfilling the Big Dog Riders requirements, each Big Dog Rider is committed to the following general rules:
-ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING AND RIDING
-Each Big Dog Rider must participate in a minimum of 1 community project per year
-1/2 hour grace period for all group ride departures

I expect religion may play a part in Ted's stay in Thailand. Look for him to possibly have some common ground with John.

We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. - Abraham Maslow

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing. - Anonymous

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
He might enjoy web page designing, but it doesn't look like he's very good at it

Serious question -- what's with all the software marketing (Lex) and project manager people (Jeff Varner, now this guy) and no actual programmers? I mean come on, not every developer is a pasty white faced geek, there has to an engineer somewhere that can get on this show, right???

Just for once it would be nice to see a sterotypical Silicon Valley or Route 128 programmer on this show instead of these project managers from North Carolina or Lex the Tattood Freak.

-SB

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

>Just for once it would be nice to see a sterotypical
>Silicon Valley or Route 128 programmer on this show instead
>of these project managers from North Carolina

Webby, you're hitting a bit too close to home here for me. We aren't all a bunch of silly rednecks in this area, y'know.

Trying to track down which "major computer company" they're talking about...any ideas, PackMan?

edited to add that it's nice to see one stereotype being broken - this time, the African-American man is a professional, not a coach or aspiring actor. To steal Sean's word, I also like seeing a family man "representin'".

all evil is seductive and Ms. Bebo is most certaintly the most evil of them all !!!!! -katem

08-15-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
I'm trying to find out. I've been able to track down his address and phone number, but nothing yet on the company. On the Big Dog website, it lists his occupation as Networking Support Manager.

Initial thought is Cisco, but I'm still trying to confirm. I'll be sure to check the Noise and Disturber over the next few days. I expect them to do an article on him soon. The local news will probably cover it, as well. G105 follows Survivor, so I expect to hear something on their show, as well.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. - Abraham Maslow

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing. - Anonymous

08-15-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
Nothing on the WRAL site yet, either. I think they'll want to take advantage of the local tie for promos too.

Yeah, SAS and Cisco were the first two names in my mind, although we can't forget the Big Blue, now, can we?

all evil is seductive and Ms. Bebo is most certaintly the most evil of them all !!!!! -katem

ConanRDU 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-15-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConanRDU Click to send private message to ConanRDU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
I thought about Red Hat as well - I'm not how that fits in with "major" computer corporation though.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-16-02, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
I know that IBM had a plant out there about 5 years ago. I'm not sure if it is still there though.

08-16-02, 07:32 AM (EST)
10. "IBM Confirmed"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-02 AT 07:59 AM (EST)

I know that IBM had a plant out there about 5 years ago. I'm not sure if it is still there though.

IBM still has a major presence in our Research Triangle Park, and I have confirmation from this morning's News & Observer (local Raleigh paper) that IBM is indeed Ted's employer.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-15-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
>Serious question -- what's with all
>the software marketing (Lex) and
>project manager people (Jeff Varner,
>now this guy) and no
>actual programmers? I mean
>come on, not every developer
>is a pasty white faced
>geek, there has to an
>engineer somewhere that can get
>on this show, right???

Webby, i live in the Silicon Valley, and you just described all of the programmers/engineer at my company...

The Anti-Executee Winner & Shameless Self Promoter

08-16-02, 09:12 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
http://www.wral.com/news/1617198/detail.html

Durham Man Among Survivor: Thailand Castaways

POSTED: 8:24 a.m. EDT August 16, 2002
UPDATED: 8:41 a.m. EDT August 16, 2002

DURHAM, N.C. -- A Durham man who has been helping his own community will soon be a familiar face across the country.

Ted Rogers Jr., of Durham, is one of the castaways on the latest edition of Survivor.

CBS announced the latest group of 15 contestants Thursday. The group was stranded on an island off Thailand to compete for the million-dollar prize.

"Working in corporate America, you do have to adapt to changes immediately, in a second's notice. So for me, I had years and years of practice and so I'm just going to apply that principle here with the Survivor challenge," Rogers said.

The fifth installment of the series begins September 19 on CBS.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Weight Loss"
It looks as if Junior was found out beforehand, and had significant weight loss.

There are 2 thresds over on iii. Here is the one where he was found before the anouncement, and here is a weight loss discussion.

08-20-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
13. "Durham Herald Sun article"
http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-258947.html

Durham man set to tackle ‘Survivor’

By Hope Ullman : The Herald-Sun
Aug 19, 2002 : 11:45 pm ET

DURHAM -- Tropical bugs, monsoon season and a used car salesman.

Those are just a few of the challenges a Durham resident will face when he vies for the million-dollar prize on the fifth installment of the popular reality TV show "Survivor: Thailand."

Stranded on a remote island off the southern coast of Thailand with 15 other castaways, Ted Rogers Jr. will attempt to outwit, outplay and outlast his rivals.

Viewers can catch all the excitement from the comfort of their couches when "Survivor" kicks off at 8 p.m. Sept. 19 on CBS.

Forced to provide their own shelter, food and water for 39 days -- while simultaneously bonding and trying to bump each other out of contention -- contestants will brave life on the island, Koh Tarutao, during the region’s dangerous monsoon season.

A daunting feat to be sure, but those who know the 37-year-old software developer say he is up for the job.

"He’s a true, die-hard competitor to the end," said wife Beth Rogers. "He’s competitive at everything. When he starts something, he’ll finish it to the end."

Backgammon, Monopoly, "Survivor: Thailand," you name it -- Rogers knows how to play and he shows up to win.

Born and raised in Roosevelt, N.Y., Rogers has never been one to balk at a challenge.

A Bull City resident since 1989, he once realized a dream by playing in the NFL for the Dallas Cowboys during the 1994 preseason.

These days he works as a software designer at IBM in Research Triangle Park.

"The coolest thing about Ted is that he’s not afraid to step out of himself," Beth said. "He can go from corporate, to funny, to dad to husband."

Versatile and easygoing, this new dad even changes diapers and sits up nights with the couple’s 2-month-old daughter, Morgan. Buff and tough on the outside -- he once played offensive tackle for the semipro Triangle Cardinals -- the guy is, in fact, all heart.

"He just loves life," Beth said. "He loves people and he loves having a good time. If there’s somebody who has a need, he helps them out. He’s like a big teddy bear."

Able to put a positive spin on any situation, Rogers sounds like a darned good person to have around if you happen to find yourself on a remote, buggy island during monsoon season.

"He’s the life of the party," Beth said, but the responsible kind. "He’s a nonsmoker, non-drinker and he doesn’t curse."

According to the CBS/Survivor Web site, his favorite drink is a Shirley Temple. And while he’s a fan of the New York Yankees and Jets, hey, we all have our flaws.

His favorite TV shows? "Survivor" (but of course), "ER" and "The Sopranos."

When he’s not busy working at IBM, being a husband and father and competing on tropical islands, Rogers devotes his time to volunteer work, mentoring youngsters, coaching youth football, building homes for Habitat for Humanity, tutoring at-risk students … the list goes on.

A winner of a countywide volunteer award in 1994, he founded the Big Dog Riders motorcycle club, a local group of community-service-oriented motorcycle enthusiasts who work to boost the black community.

Still, does he have what it takes to "Outwit, Outlast and Outplay" the competition and nab the coveted title of "Ultimate Survivor"?

You bet, said Kimble McEachern, a longtime neighbor and pal.

"I’m looking for the million dollars," she said, when asked for her hunch on the outcome.

"Because I want a percentage of the win," she added with a laugh.

One of the rare individuals never to have watched "Survivor" -- "I’m not a reality TV kinda gal" -- McEachern plans to faithfully tune in to every "Survivor: Thailand" episode, with her celebrity neighbors and her husband Noel.

Hey, it’s the least she can do for that percentage of the winnings, and for a neighbor who’s always there to lend a hand when she locks herself out of the house.

"My son, Nigel, is just in awe of him," McEachern said of her 3-year-old. Whenever "Survivor" promos come on, "He’s like, ‘There’s Uncle Ted on TV.’ "

---

Once a prison, now home to animals

Koh Tarutao (koh means island in Thai) is an island off the southwestern coast of Thailand and is one of several dozen islands that are part of the Ko Tarutao National Park.

It is mainly a mountainous island with beaches and some plains, and at one time it was home to coconut plantations. All the residents were moved off the island in 1974 after Thailand named it a marine national park.

Back in the 1940s, Tarutao served as a prison. One prison site at Talo Wao on the eastern side of the island housed normal prisoners. Another site at Talo U-dang Bay was where political prisoners from the first democratic movements in the country were detained. Escape from the island was unlikely with its distance from other islands and the mangrove forests that were full of crocodiles.

Today, the 58-square-mile island, situated just north of the equator, is home to monkeys such as gibbons, macaques and langurm; birds like kingfishers and hornbills; and reptiles such as pythons and water monitors. Sea turtles, whales, dolphins and some shark species live in the waters around the island.

Another interesting site at Tarutao is the Crocodile Cave, which was home to pirates and is located in the hinterland of Phante Malacca Bay.

08-22-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
14. "Raleigh News & Observer Article - 8/22/02"
http://www.news-observer.com/front/Features/story/1662810p-1684955c.html

Will 'teddy bear' triumph?
Durham software developer competes on 'Survivor.'

By MATT EHLERS, Staff Writer

DURHAM - If the Internet buzz is any indication, Durham's Ted Rogers Jr. might have a tough time surviving on national television.

Rogers, a software development manager at IBM, is one of 16 people vying for the $1 million prize in "Survivor: Thailand," which debuts Sept. 19. He's competing against a varied group, including a restaurateur, a firefighter and a pastor.

Fueled by the little bit of cast info provided by CBS, fan Web sites already are guessing about possible favorites in the show's fifth installment. According to the guru at http://www.survivor-central.com, Rogers, 37, probably has an analytical mind and will be able to separate emotion from game strategy during his "Survivor" stint.

But, according to the site's author, "in his pictures, he has very sad eyes, which lead me to believe he is a pretty nice guy." And niceness doesn't always equal success on "Survivor." The Web site ranked Rogers as the eighth-strongest candidate.

Then again, all this is from someone who has never met Rogers. His mom takes a different tack.

"Oh Lord, I'm just so excited," Gwendolyn Rogers said from her home in Roosevelt, N.Y. Rogers said she signed an agreement not to talk about her son's chances at the grand prize, but confirmed the presence of a nice streak. "Nobody is a stranger to him."

Until his TV fate is known, Rogers is not allowed to speak with the media.

He's not the only new "Survivor" cast member with Triangle connections. Brian Heidik, 34, attended N.C. State University for a couple of semesters in the 1980s, according to the registrar's office. Heidik, who hails from Maryland, lives in California now and works as a used-car salesman, according to the official CBS biography. But it's his past acting career that's receiving all the attention. In addition to his parts on "Days of Our Lives" and "Baywatch Nights," Heidik has appeared in soft-core porn flicks, including "The Virgins of Sherwood Forest" and "Passion Cove 2."

Rogers' resume is varied in a different way. In addition to his software work, the former college football player tried out for the Dallas Cowboys and later formed a motorcycle club, the Big Dog Riders.

But anyone who takes a look at her motorcycle-riding, football-playing husband and assumes he's a hardened tough guy would be mistaken, said Elizabeth Rogers.

"He's like a big teddy bear," said Rogers, who works as a real estate investor. That's not to say he's a pushover. "He's very competitive at what he does."

Ted Rogers' trip to Koh Tarutao, an island off the coast of Thailand, coincided with the May birth of the couple's first child, daughter Morgan. Elizabeth Rogers said her husband took off for Thailand before she was even released from the hospital.

That's about all she can say about his trip. "They've given us some very, very strict guidelines," she said. "I don't even know who's going to win. I have to wait along with everybody else."

His mother was tight-lipped, too. Gwendolyn Rogers, a self-described " 'Survivor' buff," watches each episode and calls her sisters to chat about the game during commercials. This year, they'll have extra incentive to make those phone calls.

"We're praying for him," she said.

Friends and family have been enthusiastic about her husband's impending stardom, Elizabeth Rogers said. When the show begins, the couple won't have to look far for a place to celebrate. "A lot of people are inviting us to come for 'Survivor' parties," she said.

Staff writer Matt Ehlers can be reached at 829-4889 or mehlers@newsobserver.com.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-02, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Raleigh News & Observer Article - 8/22/02"
Hey Packey - Not that we want you stalking or anything, but surly there in RTP you could "happen across" our man, Ted, Jr., for an exclusive SB interview.....?

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-10-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
Ted Rogers Jr., 37

His luxury item is a shaving kit. Comparing the two photos below, I would say he brought it to shave his head, not his beard. His head is still smooth but his beard is definately longer in the second photo. The growth is most visible in the moustache area. I believe this indicates that he will last for 3-4 episodes at least, depending, of course, on his rate of beard growth.

>
>

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Contestant #13 -- Ted Rogers Jr."
It only looks like a few days (maybe six tops)worth of growth to me. Depends on how quickly his facial hair grows. I know my husband is a hairy beast and can conjure up that much hair growth is just a few days. But I guess my Yeti isn't a good point of comparison. I would definitely agree that he is not Boot #1.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •