The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quality Girls?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-25-03, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quality Girls?"
From an article that I read on another thresd here:

"Any dents to his ego were soothed by the responses that poured in when ABC announced he'd be the next "Bachelor." The network received about 15,000 applications from hopeful single women instead of the average 2,000 for the previous shows."

Out of 15,000 women, this is the best they could find? Tragic.

I.heart.BachelorBob

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quality Girls? PepeLePew13 09-25-03 1
 RE: Quality Girls? smiley 09-25-03 2
   RE: Quality Girls? Sophie 09-25-03 6
 RE: Quality Girls? djk 09-25-03 3
   RE: Quality Girls? Guppin1234 09-25-03 7
 RE: Quality Girls? Siren 09-25-03 4
   RE: Quality Girls? thndrcloud 09-25-03 8
       RE: Quality Girls? Siren 09-26-03 21
 RE: Quality Girls? Coconut 09-25-03 5
   RE: Quality Girls? Pamselfish 09-27-03 23
 RE: Quality Girls? Loree 09-25-03 9
   RE: Quality Girls? Cinder 09-25-03 10
       RE: Quality Girls? Cinder 09-25-03 11
           RE: Quality Girls? Pamselfish 09-25-03 12
           What... where? ashleybfogg 09-25-03 13
               RE: What... where? Cinder 09-25-03 15
                   RE: What... where? Guppin1234 09-27-03 25
           RE: Quality Girls? Guppin1234 09-27-03 24
       RE: Quality Girls? dajaki 09-25-03 14
           RE: Quality Girls? Guppin1234 09-26-03 18
   RE: Quality Girls? Guppin1234 09-26-03 16
 RE: Quality Girls? kyngsladye 09-26-03 17
   RE: Quality Girls? Guppin1234 09-26-03 19
       RE: Quality Girls? Cinder 09-26-03 20
           RE: Quality Girls? Guppin1234 09-27-03 26
 psycho chicks weltek 09-26-03 22
 Kelly Jo samboohoo 09-29-03 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-03, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quality Girls?"
You're right. Judging from the way the girls acted, the criteria for being selected to appear on the show had to be the size of claws and the level of cattiness over personality.

I can't believe that Bob's mom bought into Lee Ann's pathetic acting - "Uh I'm not aggressive at all and I'm gonna get my ass booted out, but can I talk to you about selling myself?" Not aggressive, my butt.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-25-03, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quality Girls?"
OMH Sophie

it was so painful to watch i had to tape the second half of the show and go to bed LOL. It seems to me the producers were looking for more the drama queen than the girl for bob *sigh*

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Quality Girls?"
I know...I'm so upset about it. As much as it will make for interesting/trainwreck tv...I like Bob so much and I want him to find the right girl.

djk 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-25-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djk Click to send private message to djk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quality Girls?"
The show will be interesting, but I am not sure there will be anyone left standing in the end that is likeable. The girls I liked the best were gone last night...Heather, Shae, Julie. I guess he likes the more outgoing, rather annoying type. I was really surprised be some of his picks!

Guppin1234 909 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-25-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Quality Girls?"
It would be difficult to pick. All Bob gets on the first night is a brief introduction and maybe a fleeting minute or two at the cocktail party. All you could really base your picks on during the first night would be looks or physical attraction.

It would be interesting to hear what turns Bob off, but they always want to keep it as positive as possible which is not that realistic for reality TV.

Siren 246 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siren Click to send private message to Siren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quality Girls?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-03 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

I have to agree that "mental cases" seems to describe most of the women well. I watched the Bachelorette, but not the other two Bachelor seasons. Is this how all the Bachelor women are? I was reminded last night why I can stomach men competing for one woman so much better.

By the way, Kelly Jo aparently went to my church growing up. I only vaguely remember her. If any Chicagoans are interested, there is an article about her in today's West Suburban edition of the Daily Herald. I don't believe I'll have any spoilers since she's in Michigan now, but I told my mom to listen for any news about her. Her family still lives in the area and the Herald article had a picture of her watching with her family. It seems like she'll make it at least after next week, since the previews seem to feature her.

Here is the link to Kelly Jo's article:
http://www.dailyherald.com/news_story.asp?intid=3788973

...Siren
Edited because I found the article.

thndrcloud 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-25-03, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrcloud Click to send private message to thndrcloud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quality Girls?"
This is my first post in this forum, but I've been hanging out on the Paradise Hotel board all summer....

Anyway, a local radio station had an inteview with Kelly Jo this morning, they haven't posted a clip but if they do it will show up on this page http://www.wtmx.com/ek.php?sub=archive. At the end of the interview they asked if she was still living in Michigan and she said no, that she had moved back home with her mom in Wheaton. Does anyone know if that's where she grew up because I know people her age that went to school in Wheaton?

Siren 246 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siren Click to send private message to Siren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Kelly Jo did grow up in Wheaton. The Daily Herald article (see link above) says she went to Wheaton-Warrenville South. Growing up I don't remember hearing her called Kelly Jo, just Kelly.

We'll have to keep an eye out for more local press about her.

...Siren

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Pretty bad.. I mean, did you get that girl that said to his mom "Oh, my god, aren't you cute?". Any grown woman I know would have backed right off from that. So, so patronizing. Ew.

Pregnant Canadian space alien howler monkey. Really.

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Ewwwww. How phony. I missed that comment. Do you remember which one said it - or if she was one that got a rose?

Thanks!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Quality Girls?"
All I was thinking was that I could believe these were the females that destroyed the mansion. After reading the SmokingGun about the mess left in the mansion used for this show I kept wondering what type of women they had on the show.

Cinder 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinder Click to send private message to Cinder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Quality Girls?"
I was on the phone at the very end! Ack!

It looked like Kristi...cocky, blond, red dress, did NOT get a rose? Is that correct? If so I'm glad, she was way too confident and sort of harsh for Bob, IMHO.

And I cant believe he ditched Shea, the fireman/woman! Made me start re-thinkin' that ol' Bob has a brain...or maybe not sure which brain he's thinking with!

09-25-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinder Click to send private message to Cinder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Me again. Forgot to ask...

It looked like he sent the virgin home, right? That's kind of a surprise to me...

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Kristi got a rose - I was surprized - I agree with you about her personality!

Christine, the virgin, was sent home. I wasn't surprized at that. She seemed way too quick to make that personal information known - also she's never had a relationship last more than 6 months. Sounds like stability issues to me.

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "What... where?"
Yep. Sent her home. (!) whereas most shows presenting a virgin just did it as a 'token', i thought she was cute for bob. he's such a nice guy, but i don't think he's gonna see what's good for him. he chose quite a few of the really aggressive ones - sorta strident (ie., desperate) women, and a few of those really cute little ones - gone. and the firefighter - gone. This might be wierd...
as for Smiley's post above (no time to multipost)
yes, the commercials - dragged it forever... I was able to watch West Wing, (AMAZING), and that new David E. Kelley show, I just popped in during commercials mostly, and when i checked my tape this am -
I hadn't missed a thing!
Ashlet

09-25-03, 08:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: What... where?"
>but i
>don't think he's gonna see
>what's good for him. he
>chose quite a few of
>the really aggressive ones -

I totally agree...that's what it seemed like, but I was hoping he'd have more sense or taste, or something.

It almost seems like he's going to sample all the things he's never had a shot at before (he's cute and all but I think alot of these women would never have paid attention to him if he hadnt been on TV).

And yeah on the commercials...I was channel surfing between too.

09-27-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guppin1234 Click to send private message to Guppin1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: What... where?"
"It almost seems like he's going to sample all the things he's never had a shot at before (he's cute and all but I think alot of these women would never have paid attention to him if he hadnt been on TV)."

I agree. I think just as soon as he was flattered by all the attention, he brought himself back to earth and realized the magnitude of this thing. He seems to have his wits about him and keeping in mind that he's been divorced and how marriage is an important decision to him "if it leads to that" as he says.

The mind set of someone who has never been married is completely different than someone who is divorced. They should have had a list of questions for these girls (a test) that Bob had previously answered that covered all areas of life including values, reactions to situations and so forth. Those women could learn a lot by comparing values/beliefs/life goals/attitudes/dealing with differences of opinion.

If they get into a major fight with Bob prior to meeting him, they would probably be casting their veils into the fire making the process much more efficient and interesting for everyone, and hopefully in the end, much more valid for both Bob and his mate.

09-27-03, 04:52 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Why? Most men want a test drive before marriage as do most women. Granted you don't want an HIV slut/giggalo, but you don't want a Frigid Freida either.

I think the virgin was just too reserved with next to no bubbly for Bob. He goes for the fun type with a hint of a serious side.

If he doesn't pick Mary or Karin, I hope they make one of them the next bachelorette.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-25-03, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Quality Girls?"
And I cant believe he ditched Shea, the fireman/woman! Made me start re-thinkin' that ol' Bob has a brain...or maybe not sure which brain he's thinking with!

He missed out here! Shea is beautiful and certainly seemed genuine. I was amazed that she didn't even make the first cut.

09-26-03, 01:15 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Quality Girls?"
I was surprised Shae didn't get chosen either, but her face showed a dark side to her personality when she wasn't chosen..... also, what's up with twins? What were they thinking. If Bob chose one over the other... a major rift in the family twin tree.

09-26-03, 01:13 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Quality Girls?"
Doesn't matter if the girls were slobs or not, the production company should have left the house as they found it. I hope they get reamed in the law suit.

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-03, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Quality Girls?"
I.heart.Bachelorbob too!

I'm really thrilled that the guy known as Fat Bob got picked to be the next bachelor. How awesome is that! I didn't get to watch all of the first episode, but I saw him on other shows and he is the most interesting bachelor they've had for me. He's not rich, he's been divorced and hey! he had a weight issue. Now, I missed most of the drama between the girls but I'll be watching.

La Métropole Go Bob!

09-26-03, 01:18 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Quality Girls?"
I couldn't agree more, very refreshing. They keep talking about recruiting another bachelor for the next one, what about another bachelorette? The men seem to be acting a lot more classy than the women on these shows.

09-26-03, 02:51 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Quality Girls?"
I think I'd like to see Shea as the next Bachelorette...except since she got bounced right away, I dont think the TV audience had enough time to 'get to know her'.

But alot of folks, including people chatting on the morning shows, really liked her too.

I didnt see her reaction when she got rejected...what did she do/say?

09-27-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Quality Girls?"
She seemed angry (bit*hy), then later she was crying - so I guess it's give and take with her. She's just young I guess. She's just not a match for Bob. Bob seems to come alive a little bit when he's with the right personality type, and he knows that.

I loved it when Bob said, "She doesn't necessarily have a look, but she has personality traits that are very important to me" - talking about his perfect mate with the host.

So true, he's pretty grounded for being in this situation. Most of the girls don't have that wisdom, they are only thinking about the wedding and not the marriage.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "psycho chicks"
See, the thing is, a lot of the women I know as acquanitances are just like these girls. Into themselves, DAWs-but not good DAWs like us, proud of silly seeming accomplishments, drama queens, over the top....

So I think these women DO represent a big part of the female population. Just sayin'.

Unfortunately those of us who aren't psycho just are not exciting enough, nor model-ey enough for the show. Can you imagine a show of normal women? The thing is, normal adult women who don't thrive on drama and attention wouldn't go on a show like this.

-is forced to be around too many college drama queens these days

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Kelly Jo"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

Does she remind anyone of that girl from Season 1 -- I think it was Rhonda. I can't remember her name, think she was from Texas, but she hyperventilated when she got rejected. I'll have to check and re-post.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •