The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S5 filming begins in fishing village..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-02, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S5 filming begins in fishing village..."
The below seems to indicate to me that the survivors are taken to an area offshore and forced to swim into the island, so maybe we can finally agree that the "survivor enter the game a whole new way" comment from Burnett is more figurative (like drawing straws, etc. to assign tribes) than literal (like parachuting, etc.)

============================

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/page.arcview.php3?clid=3&id=61039&usrsess=1

'Survivor' payday for people in Satun

Published on Jun 11, 2002

The reality television series "Survivor Thailand", being shot on Ko Tarutao Marine National Park, generated at least Bt1 million for the province on the first day of filming, said Satun Governor Vichit Vichaisarn.

At 10am yesterday, police and provincial officials, including Vichit, arrived on Tarutao's Sai Yaow Beach, were the show is being filmed.

Its makers, major US television network CBS, has promised to involve locals in the filming.

In the first shoot yesterday over 200 villagers and 27 fishing boats were used.

Before filming began, the CBS production team and the 16 participants in the hit reality series donated sports equipment to a village school and visited a local mosque.

Santi Paitoon, location manager for "Survivor", said the first scene was shot at a fishing village, although weather conditions were far from ideal.

However, he said the scenery at Sai Yaow Beach was ideal for filming.

Vichit said he had briefed the "Survivor" crew and participants on the importance of preserving the environment.

At least one Bt1 million had been injected into the local community so far, he said.

Vichit added that several local people were reaping the benefits of the reality series being filmed on the island.

Meanwhile, the request by the "Survivor" production crew for fishing boats to stay at least two kilometres away from the island could cause concern among local fishing people, although there have been no reports of complaints so far.

Chidchai Omsapsin, the president of the Satun Fishery Association, said the issue was not raised by any members at a meeting yesterday.

The association represents fishing people throughout the province.

"I understand that the fishing people who might have been affected by the decision are operators of small fishing boats located close to the island. "During a storm, sometimes these boats have to seek shelter near the island," Chidchai said.

He said that few fishing boats usually come close to Tarutao and the effect of the temporary limitations requested by the "Survivor" crew would likely be minimal.

The Satun Fishery Association has, however, said it was ready to represent any fishing people who might want to lodge a complaint against the CBS crew.

It is estimated that up to 200 to 300 fishing boats could be affected by the "Survivor" production crew's request to keep the fishing boats at least two kilometres away from the island for the rest of the month

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S5 filming begins in fishing vi... bebekid 06-11-02 1
   RE: S5 filming begins in fishing vi... SurvivorBlows 06-11-02 2
       RE: S5 filming begins in fishing vi... mavsfan 07-16-02 3
   RE: S5 filming begins in fishing vi... sleeeve 08-15-02 5
 RE: S5 filming begins in fishing vi... infinitesurvivor 08-15-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-11-02, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S5 filming begins in fishing village..."

>Before filming began, the CBS production
>team and the 16 participants
>in the hit reality series
>donated sports equipment to a
>village school and visited a
>local mosque.

This stood out to me.

The way it is worded, it sounds like it was a group event. Wouldn't this be a change from the previous policy of not being able to talk to each other before the game began? Did MB make them take a vow of silence as they visited the school and mosque? I don't recall hearing of a similar event before filming the other Survivors.

Could this have any impact on the game?

bebe

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-02, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S5 filming begins in fishing village..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-02 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

>
>>Before filming began, the CBS production
>>team and the 16 participants
>>in the hit reality series
>>donated sports equipment to a
>>village school and visited a
>>local mosque.
>
>This stood out to me.
>
>The way it is worded, it
>sounds like it was a
>group event. Wouldn't this
>be a change from the
>previous policy of not being
>able to talk to each
>other before the game began?

Two words: "Tahiti Press"

I DO think that it would be pretty hard for this newspaper to get the fact the 27 fishing boats were invloved in the shoot wrong, but I can certainly see them getting the "cast and crew" instead of "crew" part of the article wrong.

Also, even if it's true, let's not forget that these people all eat on the same dining room during the Final 48 interviwes in LA, all flew to Thailand on the same plane, etc. -- not talking for a 30 minute tour shouldn't be a big deal.

-SB

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-16-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S5 filming begins in fishing village..."
>>Before filming began, the CBS production
>>team and the 16 participants
>>in the hit reality series
>>donated sports equipment to a
>>village school and visited a
>>local mosque.
>
>This stood out to me.
>
>sounds like it was a
>be a change from the
>able to talk to each

I know Lex's trip to donate the AIDS supply's was one of the few high points in S3, so Mark B might want to try something like that again, but I don't think he'd do it in the opening episode.

I think the problem with doing something like this during the 1st episode is that E1 is already VERY FULL ie. travel to camp, build a shelter, compete for fire, decide who to vote out... Too, during the 1st couple of episodes I have enough trouble learning who the players are and what their characteristics are without throwing in a bunch of locals in on top of it.

So, while some kind of "humanitarian" trip may be in the plan, I doubt it would come in episode 1.

Regarding the players entering the game in a new way, I'm half expecting MB to form 2 tribes again, but this time to keep them in one camp. Purhapse in the abandoned prison I've read about somewhere on this board.

In SI & SII alliances were supreme. In SIII with the switch, alliances were a little less strong. In SIV the switch was earlier, and alliances seemed to have broken down. If in SV, the 2 tribes are kept in the same camp from the start, it could allow for fluid, unpredictable and interesting alliances/betrayal. Many of the people I talk with who are casual SURVIVOR viewiers were annoyed by the switch thinking it was fundamentally unfair. Having the tribes share a camp from the start avoids the accusation of unfairness.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-02, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S5 filming begins in fishing village..."
>sounds like it was a
>be a change from the
>able to talk to each

Yes... but there's no indication of a change in this policy

> Did MB make them
>take a vow of silence
>as they visited the school
>and mosque?

I don't see a mention of a VISIT to a school anywhere... but the visit to the mosque makes perfect sense... what better place than a mosque to start the whole ordeal?? Let them choose tribes at the local mosque, and then start out to the island... seems like something that MB would definately include in a first episode.

>I don't
>recall hearing of a similar
>event before filming the other
>Survivors.

Hence it's a possibility for the twist .

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-15-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S5 filming begins in fishing village..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-02 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

I think I remember reading, long ago, they arrive in canoes with imported leaves for roofs (so as not to destroy the camp area trees). Sai Yaow Bay is on the NE corner of the island, on the opposite side of the island from the speculated camp sites. Are they setting up preliminary camp(s) at Sai Yaow, or hauling the leaves across the island? Or do they make 2 seperate beach landings?

The vidcap of the canoe with leaves on board, could be a challenge of sorts. The leaves themselves, or the amount of, seems pivital. The challenge could be pairs competition, showing us the winner? The bunch of clothes on the stern being impromptu.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •