The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-02, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
I saw this asked after S-II, so I'll ask it here:

What was your best spoiling moment of Survivor IV? And what was your worst moment?

Also, please elaborate on what new things, if anything, you learned about spoiling Survivor during the S4 series.

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Not a lot of good moments, mostly b... JeffGator 05-30-02 1
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... jkokoj 05-31-02 2
   WORST=KATHY BaquaR13 06-08-02 18
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Bebo 05-31-02 3
   RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Survivor Freak 1987 05-31-02 5
       RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Bebo 06-04-02 8
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Survivor Freak 1987 05-31-02 4
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Swami 06-03-02 6
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... SurvivinDawg 06-04-02 7
   RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... dabo 06-04-02 9
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... mistofleas 06-04-02 10
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... MakeItStop 06-04-02 11
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... samboohoo 06-04-02 12
   RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Kokoro 06-04-02 13
       RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... ivoryElephant 06-04-02 14
           RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Kokoro 06-04-02 16
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... janisella 06-04-02 15
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... s_man 06-06-02 17
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... ShowMeTheWinner 06-08-02 19
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... MattyMax 06-10-02 20
 RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... NightScribe 06-10-02 21
   RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling... Bebo 06-11-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-30-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Not a lot of good moments, mostly bad but..."
here is one of my few proud moments. I noticed in John's interview in "The Advocate" that he said that the coconut challenge was the beginning of "our" demise. He was referring to the Rotu 4 alliance. I speculated that this meant that Zoe, Robert, Tammy would be the next 3 voted off or else he would have said "my" demise.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-31-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Barely any!!!LOL

When I read over at Survivorfever about Rob coaching in St. Louis and Jizzy went to meet him.

Calling Paschal's office and the Clerk's office to find out the court schedule. I think that gave us a little idea that he was sticking around.

Otherwise I had no shining moments. Hopefully someone from Columbus will be on next time so I can become a real sleuth!LOL

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-08-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "WORST=KATHY"
I must have voted for that girl at least 5 times, and of course i was wrong about her every time. I learned that Survivors are capable of game altering change.

The True Survivor Fox!!

BaQuAr13

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Best moment was when I was one of the people who figured out the hints CBS gave out that someone would get peed on. There were several of us who were posting about that within minutes of each other. That's one of the few instances where I was actually figuring things out instead of reacting to the vidcaps, research of others.

Worst moment actually was related to my biggest lesson: Don't vote on a bootee/challenge winner too early. My voting record was horrible this season because I jumped the gun and voted before I had full information, and didn't want to keep being a goober and going back to change my vote.

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, nasty witch while we're at it. Got it down to a science.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-31-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
How Did you figure that out?

06-04-02, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
>How Did you figure that out?

The preview kept building up that we viewers would not believe what we had to see, plus all of the injuries. I am among the "Friends" defectors who remembered the beach episode where Monica got stung by a jellyfish and had to have the guys try and pee on her. Two of us posted about it at the same time, and turned out to be correct.

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, nasty witch while we're at it. Got it down to a science.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-31-02, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Well, personaly, I think by far the worst momentS was anything to do with Tahiti Presse, it stunk.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
MB was very stingy with the content of his previews in S4, so vidcap pickings were pretty slim. However, I think, as a group, we did an excellent job of interpreting what we did see.

Personally, no biggies. I noticed Tammy's immunity necklace, but someone else posted that before I could. I figured out from the position of the sun (in the RC Pappy won for the boat trip) that the Survivors headed for shore as part of the challenge.

Shortly before Snewsers big Vee Wins! news hit the boards, I had a sinking feeling that MB might sneak in Vee as his UTR winner. At the time, I couldn't figure out why I thought this, and why his bombshell was so instantly believable to me. In retrospect, I have come up with this--I think Vee was in a preview for every ep of S4. Not featured, rarely talking, just there--usually in the background. I don't think this is true for any other player. In S5, I will try to keep an on-going log of who is/isn't in the previews of each episode. If someone UTR has a continuous preview exposure, I might expect them to go very far.

Swami

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-02, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
My own high and low points:

High point: correctly picking Hunter. At the time, I did not even know of the existence of acmebraintrust or tdt.com. I started looking at Hunter as a possible bootee very early in the "week" (like Friday or Saturday), and became more convinced as time went on. I was in a distinct minority in choosing Hunter, but didn't let that deter me from a really good feeling in picking him.

honorable mention: knowing when to be a lemming. A few times, I allowed myself to be persuaded by others' arguments rather than going on some crazy scheme of my own.

I guess my low point would be not picking Sarah. For some reason, I went off on a brain tangent and decided the highly-advertised swap wouldn't happen, after all. Of course it did happen.

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Well, I too didn't believe the swap would happen that quickly, but I guess my absolute worst "moment" would have been wasting my time figuring out the bingo cards well enough to explain what they were saying, and then posting explanations. I didn't base any of my predictions on that stuff, it was a waste of time because the poster I was trying to help turned out to be uninterested in learning how to better himself. Well, that and thinking Zoe would break out with some kind of fascinating strategy.

Best moment? I think I was the first, or among the first, to identify Gabe as a nonplayer, which came from rereading his bio and reviewing segments of the show. I may even have been the first to call him a male Gretchen.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
I know I didn't do tons of spoiling on my own. I just added my own 2 cents now and then. However I would like to say that my

BEST spoiler moment in S4 was:
Bonding with Shakes to help people realize that the Snewser information was something that you could take to the bank. That his "predictions" and his "inside information" were different things but something to trust. I bonded with Shakes in spoiling and came out unscathed.

WORST spoiling moment of S4:
Bonding with Shakes to help people realize that the Snewser information was something that you could take to the bank. That his "predictions" and his "inside information" were different things but something to trust. I bonded with Shakes in spoiling and came out unscathed.

-- knows that this sig pic is too big for everyday use but wanted to bring it out of the closet for a little air --

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-04-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Well, I don't have many best moments. Usually, by the time I get over here someone has already said what I was thinking. But I do remember one:

BEST MOMENT
My best moment happened BEFORE the show even started. I was the FIRST person to notice how tall Peter was (he was by far, the tallest person in his tribe), and I used that info to declare GINA as the mystery person in the vidcap of Mara going to the IC in the second episode vidcap. Which meant that Peter was the first bootee.

WORST MOMENT
Whenever I voted wrong! DUH!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Call me corny, but the absolute best moment was when I found the site and escaped from the losers in the CBS chat room!!!

Other best moment was when I picked a Rob boot based on Gina's early show interview and not being swayed by the spoiler talk blowing her interview off. (On the Early Show she talked about Rob playing a stupid game, but still being in the game.) You had to see the interview to really get it.

Worst spoiling moment was reading Snewser's prediction that Vee would in fact win it all and not believing it. I could have scored big points on fantasysurvivor4.com if I had just gone with the flow.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-04-02, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
<<Call me corny, but the absolute best moment was when I found the site and escaped from the losers in the CBS chat room!!!>>

lol that's so sweet - hey, remember during Survivor 2 when the people in the chat rooms on the CBS site actually used to talk about Survivor? ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-04-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
"<<Call me corny, but the absolute best moment was when I found the site and escaped from the losers in the CBS chat room!!!>>
lol that's so sweet - hey, remember during Survivor 2 when the people in the chat rooms on the CBS site actually used to talk about Survivor? ;)"

OMG, you guys went there too?
Do you remember all the Hackers and Clones? I never saw you guys in there. Those people are idiots. We can talk more on that later.

My best and worst spoiling moments

Best:
Predicting that Zoe would get booted on "the most unpredictable episode yet" by my own analyzing skills.

Worst:
Thinking Mark Burnett would edit the show to have an interesting outcome and writing a HUGE post on how kathy would win.

Hail Kathy! the Sole survivor!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-04-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
<<I never saw you guys in there.>>

I've actually seen you in there IE (during S3 - I didn't bother with them during S4 ;)

I tend to go under many different names in those chats....

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-04-02, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Best moment (and it's pretty lame at that) - deciding to take the spoiler info of Zoe returning from Australia as evidence that she had to come back to do the Early Show and choosing her to be booted before Tammy or Robert.

Worst moment (there were soooooo many) - refusing to believe that Neleh and Vee would be the final two. It just seemed (and still does, actually) too stupid.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Sounds like the place to toot my own horn:

My BEST spoiling was by far the initial "outing" of Patricia, news which, b/t/w, was right here in SBlows and refered to on all the other boards. Also, in talking with her a second time when she was NOT HAPPY about that fact.

My WORST spoiling was the pure speculation about the final 4. Although I got the final 2 rightr, I missed the order of all 3 final boots and had picked Neleh to win.

Here's to another great upcoming season (is it REALLY that far away?)

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-08-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Best: One of the first people to pick Hunter's boot and guessing most of the RC winners correctly.

Worst: Picking Nelly as the Survivor winner despite Snewser's spoiler and not checking the boards and missed out on Gabe's boot speculation.

Still a decent 36th place finish on my first complete Spoiler Island despite all the dumb mistakes (S3 didn't count coz I started in the middle of the season). Will hopefully do better on S5. Happy spoiling to everyone.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
BEST- Decoding the grammar of the 'Red Herrings' on CBS.com to predict outcome twice.
1. Guessing the John Boot from the red herring "Sean and Vee fight to survive", knowing that they either will or won't survive, and since they BOTH couldn't be booted, they would survive.
2. "Last minute deals" in the last episode pointed to Vee winning immunity, because if she didn't there would be no deals cut.

WORST - Relying on storyline evidence. I discounted Vee because her story didn't exist.

MattyMax

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-10-02, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
Ironically, my best moment spoiling S4 was week 11 when I was so busy I couldn't even read the boards, so I just did some random picks and guessed everything right. LOL!

Worst moment: every ounce of energy wasted on Zoe.

I would like to take this opportunity to mention what I think was the best post of the season, and unfortunately it was virtually ignored.

I think it was week five or six -- anyway, Frau Hexe (who doesn't post much on spoilers) predicted that the males would bump each other off in a struggle for power, leaving the women to finish the endgame. Obviously, there was a lot more to it than that, and the post was so analytically sound that I used that theory to help me with my weekly picks. I didn't fair to badly either. Anyway, if you're interested in checking out the thread, it's titled "Power Can Only Be Granted -- But by whom?" It should be easy enough to find in the archives.

Even though she predicted that Zoe and Tammy would go far, I think the general analysis was right on target. Go Hexe!

06-11-02, 09:14 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Best and Worst Moments Spoiling S4"
I would like to take this opportunity to mention what I think was the best post of the season, and unfortunately it was virtually ignored.

I kept Hexe's post in the back of my mind throughout the rest of the season, because she did make some excellent points. I think one reason it got lost was because of all the chart nonsense, etc. that kept pushing good material off of page 1. People would post ep titles as soon as they were known, but by the time the ep aired, that post would have ended up in the cobwebs of page 4. Sigh.

Rude, snotty, mean, horrible, nasty, witch, yadda yadda yadda...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •