The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 5 filming dates"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-24-02, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 5 filming dates"
I realize that the Tahitian Press was worthless for spoilers, but I thought I would scrounge around and see what I could find in the Thai papers. The Bangkok Post is one of 5 or 6 English newspapers in the country. It has been running stories on the show (at least three can be found in archives) and the last story dated April 30th gives the dates of the filming which is June 5-July 18. I do not know if you have someone who seeks out foreign newspapers, but this should be the time that we need to be looking at the paper for possible spoliers. for what it is worth, here is the link:

http://scoop.bangkokpost.co.th/bkkpost/2002/apr2002/bp20020430/business/30apr2002_biz49.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 5 filming dates survivormitsx 05-24-02 1
   RE: Survivor 5 filming dates drawde236 05-24-02 2
 RE: Survivor 5 filming dates jkokoj 05-24-02 3
   RE: Survivor 5 filming dates Kokoro 05-28-02 4
       RE: Survivor 5 filming dates dabo 05-28-02 5
           RE: Survivor 5 filming dates Naked 05-30-02 6
               Here's further proof that we cannot... drawde236 06-01-02 8
 RE: Survivor 5 filming dates Survivor Freak 1987 06-01-02 7
 And so it begins... dabo 06-05-02 9
   RE: And so it begins... jkokoj 06-05-02 10
       RE: And so it begins... PackMan 06-05-02 11
           Weather jkokoj 06-05-02 12
           RE: And so it begins... Kokoro 06-06-02 16
               RE: And so it begins... ShowMeTheWinner 06-07-02 19
   RE: And so it begins... tribephyl 06-05-02 13
       tribephyl & Weather jkokoj 06-06-02 14
   Update: And so it begins... dabo 06-06-02 15
 Weather Bebo 06-06-02 17
   RE: Weather jkokoj 06-07-02 18
   RE: Weather ShowMeTheWinner 06-07-02 20
   RE: Weather infinitesurvivor 06-08-02 21
       RE: Weather Ra_8secs 06-10-02 22
           RE: Weather infinitesurvivor 06-12-02 23
               infinite... jkokoj 06-13-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-24-02, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
Oh damn....this is just going to be like Tahiti Press,filming hasn't even started andthey are screwing up!June 5-July 18 is 43...so is it gonna be 42 like australia?

05-24-02, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
It's the same length as the last two, the contestants will be there for 39 days, but perhaps the crew has to stay for the entire 43 days?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-24-02, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
Thanks drawde236. I was just thinking about the filming dates for S5. I remember the application stating that filming would start approximatley the first of June 2002.

So when are the contestants sequestered(SP)? When do you think they fly out to Thailand? Did they have an opportunity to view the entire S4 show?

If the S5 contestants viewed the entire S4 season what twists and changes will lie ahead for them?

We know that they will arrive in a different fashion as stated by MB and JP.

Anyone care to fly to Thailand next week and see if you can catch a glimpse of our new "characters"? LOL

Just a little speculation to last us through the summer (YEA RIGHT).

Here is to good spoiling!!!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-28-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
<<Did they have an opportunity to view the entire S4 show?>>

Most likely - I'm pretty sure they only have to be availiable for 6 weeks (well actually, they may have just missed the finale then) but still - they've seen the more important parts, really (except for the stupid purple rock thing, possibly)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-02, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
It could make a difference if they learned about the tie-breaker rule (reach a consensus or else) and the deadlock-breaker rule (luck of the draw); and as well if they got to see how Vee turned the tables on Kathy and then went on to win the game.

As for the 43 days, they have to build the TC set, prepare for some challenges, and the film crews can get a lot of wildlife footage and so on, before the game begins.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-30-02, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
Crews go in about a month before filming starts to take stock footage of scenry and wildlife, and to build sets.

I think we do have the first evidance of the Bangkok publication screwing up.

06-01-02, 03:39 AM (EST)
8. "Here's further proof that we cannot trust the Thai newspapers"
Here is the latest out of Thailand.

http://scoop.bangkokpost.co.th/bkkpost/2002/may2002/bp20020528/news/28may2002_news18.html

Nothing too exciting, just some banter about increasing security (trying to keep people like us away, I guess), but the one notable thing is the new filming dates are now June 1-July 31. Spoilers, beware!

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-01-02, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 5 filming dates"
Thats cool

You are all figments of my imagination! Now go away!

06-05-02, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "And so it begins..."
Supposedly, anyway. Actually, if the game started on 6/5/02 that would have been sometime yesterday (Thailand is ahead of us in reaching the calendar date by 12 hours from the Eastern U.S., I believe). Hope someone is paying attention to what the weather's like in Thailand, it could come in handy later on in establishing the actual timeline.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

06-05-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: And so it begins..."
Good point Dabo. I will check out the weather channel tonight and our international channel and see if anything is happening. Sometimes we are lucky to get info. It might be worth it to check out some weather web info as well. I will try and take the time to do that this week.

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-05-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: And so it begins..."
jkokoj,

I wish I had time to keep up with the weather in Thailand because I think it will play some part in S5. The link below is the USA Today weather page for Phuket (just north of Tarutao Island). This might help you, if you wanted to keep up with it.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/basemaps/asia/nw485650.htm

PackMan

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, all problems begin to resemble a nail." - Abraham Maslow

06-05-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
12. "Weather"
Thanks Packman.

I will use your link and try and see what is happening. I usually have a little down time while at work and I really want to add to this spoiling community.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-06-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: And so it begins..."
<<The link below is the USA Today weather page for Phuket>>

I have to ask - is that pronounced the way I think it is?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-02, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: And so it begins..."
I have to ask - is that pronounced the way I think it is?

LOL... I'm no expert, but I think it's pronounced as pooh-cat.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: And so it begins..."
I have been watching the weather via this link from CNN, which gives the weekly averages with three maps Satellite, Temperature and Rainfall. I chose Satun, Thailand as it is the closest city to Taratau Island.

The weather has seemed to be pretty mild as of yet. With the temps in the High 80's to low 90's in the day to the mid to high 70's at night (that is Fahrenheit) Rainfall being negligible at most recently. But as you can see from this chart.

June and July have, on average, 8 to 10 inches of rain each month, it will definately be a wet one. And check out the humidity. 82% on average. This may rival Africa as the most inhospitable site for the show. Just a lot wetter.

I am keeping my eyes and ears open also as to any big weather developments.

06-06-02, 09:24 AM (EST)
14. "tribephyl & Weather"
You are way ahead of me tribephyl. Looks like you win the spot of keeping track of the weather patterns for futre reference. As suggested by Dabo!

Thanks for the great info.

06-06-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
15. "Update: And so it begins..."
Survivornews has reported that the game will begin on Sunday the 9th (late on Saturday the 8th here in the U.S.).

Survivorfever has the filming of the game slated to begin on Monday the 10th (late on Sunday the 9th here in the U.S.).

The weather reports should be very helpful, eventually, in establishing the actual timeline.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Weather"
Here's the forecast, courtesy of Weather.com for Phuket, Thailand:

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/THXX0018

Fri Jun 7 T-Showers 91°F 79°F
UV Index: 10+ Extreme

Sat Jun 8 T-Showers 91°F 78°F

Sun Jun 9 T-Showers 91°F 78°F

Mon Jun 10 T-Showers 91°F 78°F

Tue Jun 11 Mostly Cloudy 90°F 78°F
UV Index: 9 High

Wed Jun 12 Partly Cloudy 90°F 78°F

Thu Jun 13 Partly Cloudy 90°F 78°F

Fri Jun 14 Partly Cloudy 90°F 78°F

Sat Jun 15 T-Showers 90°F 78°F

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. Let's add mean, horrible, nasty witch while we're at it. Got it down to a science.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

Carolina Hurricanes - Eastern Conference Champions
Bedeviled NJ, nabbed the Habs, and raked the Leafs!

06-07-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Weather"
It looks like S5 survivors first few days of play are going to be wet & sticky. I hope they brought their orange and purple ponchos!

How on earth are they going to be able to get through the challenges every three days if there is conintual rain.

Thanks for the report Bebo

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Weather"
Oh My Heck! The weather forecast sure is grim and I think so will the show. If it's raining all the time, then all the Survivors have to stay within the confines of their own tents during the rainy weather. Can you imagine seeing 16 people cooped-up in a tiny tent for days???
No wait... we have Big Brother on national tv.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-08-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Weather"
Assuming the filming is starting around now (does...........anyone know for sure?), the conditions at the playground
could be substantialy different from the previous, duh.
MB, being stuck with the predisposition that the tropical settings promote lively participation, is sticking
with the 'you can live off the land' site, and, at the same time, plops'em down on the wettest spot yet, answering
to the African drought scene with: 'you want water?", to the Marquesses scene with: 'here it is', and rubbing it in with a S5
'say when!'. Where the 'when' might be early on for the pain-in-the-ass players.
It's hard to tell from a news/weather report, the actual conditions, but the potential is blatenly there, including a
possible production nightmare for MB (pushing the envelope). The noticable difference of setting effect is: confining the tribes,
resulting in dramatic confrontations and edge-iness (to the patient players: good things come to those who wait),
v/s, competitors having more space/escape-time, resulting in: time for deep, thought-out strategies
laced with more opportunities for moral stand-ups and stetegic alliances.

weather.com..........Phuket, close enough.
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/THXX0018?GO=GO&letter=P

It's gonna be hot, it's gonna be wet, and it might be health-risky (let's hope not). From the (6/4/02) reports, rain
is the norm (since 6/1/02) with winds under 10 mph for that lingering effect. Feel's like 100° daytime and 80° nighttime.
From Thai-sites, there are admittions of virus risks, wild smart-monkeys who're just survivin', virus carryin' mesquitos,
and, sneaky snakes of the large type. I'm recomending: demanding bug repelant (lest "we quit"),
multiple fires sites at night, despite the rain, a overnight "anchor watch", and, a be-carefull-when-you're-walkin'round attitude.

Inevitably, MB provides certain provisions to ensure taking competitors as close to the
survival-line as possible and still pull off a show without mishap. Bravo to Sarah/Rob calling dibbs on the
infalable raft bed, and the producers for turning it into an eppisode issue. Did they later use it for a roof?
I don't recall much detailed camera focus on the shelters, leading me to wonder exactly how much real support
is given there, as well as medical maintainence, in order to prevent show downfalls. The vidcap of Sean falling
off a tree...was he spreading a plastic tarp, where did that come from? Without a doubt, S5 campers will
need a better shack than seen before. Will it be off-handed to them, or not? Will S5 (makers and cast)
be the first to face reality, without the comfort of control? So far, "Mother Nature" has not made an appearance, else
MB is succesfully avoiding? His ability to push the enviromental conditions to a contestant's agreeable limits is the mark (no pun intended).
The games' voting-stategy-lure is being replicated, without care, with all the proceeding spinoffs.
The only appealing projects will be those that are the most real, duh, and blending of challanges...
physical/mental/social/moral, and, Survivors' ace-in-the-hole, "life threatening existence". Paschal's
strength-to-the-end is a comendable monument (without the trophy), with equal respect to others' successes. If
produced on the up and up, the "winner" will swing between 1.the most decietfull and 2. the most undecietfull. Too much
of either will dead end.

Future challenges...Amazon? Have you lost your mind? That would have to either be at an unconvincing
safe-haven-site with misleading video portraying a deep territory setting, or, an actual remote location
with presecured quarters (like Africa). Cold weather spot (like antartica): creates confrontation only, might as
well be a "big brother" thing. Altho, with game-layout creativity, any location can support the issue of:
giving players some space/creativity, instead of forcing quick confrontational situations. It is important to
be able to make quick decsisions, and one's ability to do this effectivly, coralates directly to one's "value" in our
society, but also, when time permits, deep consideration, when possible, will determine the best outcome.
That's a fine-line.

Weather forecaster: strongly needed...good pay...no accurracy required...Where do I sign?
Nature's balance/check......"You are a little, little, man"

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-10-02, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Weather"
That was nice, infinte.

I'll apply for the meteorologist position. Fire and Brimstone!

I've got a feeling we'll see more "nature" here, but little hunting. Again, a park-protected setting. Cold weather's good for perky nipples, but not good for bikinis and bare-chested hunks. They should finally do a Rocky-Mountain western setting, but MB's probably too worried about being close to instrusive civilization and the papparazzi.

Someone should lease a spy plane and do photo-recon over the site every day.

Nature's balance: Remember Dustin Hoffman? Little Big Man. "I have three wives and 1 horse."

and hugs and sunshine for all, Ra

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-12-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Weather"
Oh my heck, my spy plane is in the shop for a makeover. I knew I would need two! In the meantime I'm repositioning my yacht to the international waters near Tarutao for flybys on the heli, until a no-fly-zone is established. Phuket....what are they going to do, shoot me down in the name of national security? (fines..shmines)

All kidding aside, I'm in touch with a more local Tarutao source, which might provide some great setting info/pics. Look for them soon.

As far as a continental U.S. site: probably more expensive and definetly a major security headache. This would be a CBS profitability issue.

06-13-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
24. "infinite..."
Sounds like good spoiling to me! Cannot wait to see the pics!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •