The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-26-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
LAST EDITED ON 12-26-06 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

The Finale

Today, we have a new WINNER of The Office Pool! But before we announce who the winner is, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for playing in the Pool this season. For those of you who made it to the end game, Congratulations. It is not easy to do! Once again, I enjoyed being your “Lifeguard on Duty” and I hope you all enjoyed the game. Now, for the announcements …

Here are the top three finishers in ascending order from third place to first ...

In third place with 1706 points we have a past Office Pool Champion ...

In second place, with 1897 points is …

Close, but no cigar ...

Now for the BIG announcement,

and the Winner of Survivor 13 Cook Islands Office Pool with 2335 points is...

Dear Abby, please accept the winner's prize ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, thanks for playing every one!

For those of you who absolutely have to know, we had two hidden bonuses in the Finale thread week. Most of you found the first one - The words “Post the word “Mistletoe” in your post for 100 points” could be seen in invisible ink scrolling across the bottom of the Entry thread underneath the words “Warning: If you pick the same Survivor two weeks in a row …” and just above your Hostess’s sigpic. If you posted the word “Mistletoe” in your post, you were awarded an extra 100 points.

The second hidden bonus was much harder to find! In fact, I ran this Hidden Bonus in last week’s thread and NO ONE found it. This week TWO of you found it. If you clicked on the period at the end of the sentence that read: “The Rules are HERE and the Scoring is HERE.” You would have found this:

Congratulations to Dear Abby and last year’s Champion byoffer who were the only two who could find that clue!

Here are the final results:

Leaderboard:
Rank / Last Week’s Rank---Player---This Week’s Score---Overall Score---Survivor you may not pick this week

1 / 1 DearAbby 710 2335 Yul
2/ 3 kircon 560 1897 Yul
3 / 4 Flowerpower 515 1706 Ozzy
4 / 5 byoffer 380 1478 Becky
5/ 3 KObrien_fan 55 1333 Adam
6/ 7 dreamerbeliever 200 1219 Sundra
7 / 8 Wallflower66 200 1137 Sundra
8/ 9 smokedog 130 947 Becky
9 / 12 tribephyl 465 912 Ozzy
10 / 9 OntheroadAgain 85 737 Adam

Fallen Comrades: Malb730, Higgs, Jenna_F, Bystander, 5 cats, Road Kill, Bystander, kingfish, Ohmyheck, lasann, alwaysintruble1, Xwraith27, Molaholic, Xwraith27, Corvis, taffnic, Das Mole, michel, Kermit the Vixen, CattyChat, Survivor_21, Survivor Maniac, Mjewel, Seahorse

Thanks as always to my friend Tribe for creating the Office Pool Logo and Sig pics. You are truly generous and talented, my friend. Happy New Year all!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... Flowerpower 12-26-06 1
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... DearAbby 12-26-06 2
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... Wallflower66 12-26-06 3
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... alwaysintruble1 12-27-06 4
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... tribephyl 12-27-06 5
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... byoffer 12-27-06 6
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... dreamerbeliever 12-27-06 7
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... kircon 12-28-06 8
 RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Re... MJewel 01-02-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-26-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"

Thanks for a great game, Scarlett! I always love the Office Pool! And a huge congrats to Dear Abby...a MOST deserving winner! Happy New Year everyone! See you soon when it's time for the pool once again!

fp

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
OMH, after finishing as Office Pool runner-up in S11 and S12, I can't believe I finally pulled off a win! Third time is definitely the charm.

It was pure luck that I wound up with Yul for the finale. I just happened to check the board a few minutes after the post first went up. And I would've preferred Ozzy—I really thought he was going to win—but I couldn't pick him two weeks in a row.

Thanks, Scar, for a wonderfully fun game. Those hidden bonuses sure kept me on my toes. I hope you'll be back to host S14. Thank you, tribe, for the kewl siggie. Thanks, everyone who played the game, for the tough competition.

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-26-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
Congrats to my bud D'Abby for a well-deserved win! What an awesome new siggie you have there!
Thanks again, Scarlett, for an entertaining game. I'm thrilled to have lasted the whole game. Can't wait to do it again!

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-27-06, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
Conrats D'Abby, and to everyone else who lasted the whole game. Maybe one season I'll be able to last to the end at this one.

Thanks again Miss Scarett for running things.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-06, 04:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-06 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

ohmagawdohmagawdohmagawd!
I made it to near the end! No where near the leader in points mind you, but I actually wasn't kicked out of the pool until way late.
I owe most of it to sheer freakish luck. With liberal doses of "friends in high places".
So thanks to everyone who didn't pick my survivor before me, each week. And a huge-normous thanks to Scarlett for the life-saving "mouth-to-mouth" sessions.
I'll have to use the "help I'm drowning" ploy more often.

Thanks for a wonderful season, Scar.
I'll be here for Fiji.

Congrats! To Dabby!!!

(Oh and to my friend nemo in the LOD. Wowie Kazowie!!! Nothing against Higgs, but I gotta give a shout-out to my underdog, alwaysintruble.
Way to come out of nowhere and grab one for the "little guys"!!!
You're my LOD hero!!!)

As far as the lodge goes though, I miss my little misterdemeanor.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
Congrats to D'Abbey for her big win. Nice to pass the torch to a very deserving champion. And nice to have this huge target off my back - being defending champion is exhausting! Now the new champion will bear this load.

Super-humongous-large-enormous thanks to Scar for hosting this game again. I know we all curse you throughout the season as we wait for the post to go up, but we curse because we lvoe. Or is it because we are cursing with you? Regardless, we appreciate all you do for us.

*smooches to all my fellow poolies*

Next year I am bringing a new strategy to the game, that may or may not involve throwing an unwrapped Oh Henry bar into the pool during one of the early weeks.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-06, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
Congrats to the Dabster. Well done!

I'm actually happy with a sixth place finish. Maybe Fiji will be my season in the pool. Got a very special red Speedo to wear next season. Going European

Thanks to the very lovely lifeguard Scar. Ya know, every time I saw you sitting in your high chair looking all hot in your bikini, thought about the movie "Sandlot". If I fake a drowning, I'll get a little mouth to mouth CPR action.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
Thanks for the fun game Scarlett. I have a new saying in my house: "I have to go check my game." That means everytime I left the house & came back and if I hadn't checked in an hour. I would run to the computer to see if you had posted yet. Thanks for keeping me entertained. Enjoy your break. I'm going to try to learn to swim a little better, maybe dolphin boy could teach me.

Good going DearAbby. You & I picked the right winner. You were just a better swimmer than me. I'll see you next season in Fiji!

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-02-07, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S13 "The Office Pool" Season Results"
I just wanted to say I enjoyed playing the game and congrats to the winner. A big thanks to Scarlett for hosting the game .

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •