The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"You're sad and upset!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-27-07, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"You're sad and upset!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-07 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

Okay, you probably aren't... But, for the sake of discussion, let's say that you are.

Now let's assume that you want to listen to some music now. What kind of music would you choose? Upbeat and peppy stuff? Angry and mournful stuff? How would this apply to other forms of media (TV, movies)? Would you gravitate more toward the lightheated and happy themes or the dark and wistful stuff?

I'm not really depressed right now, but this subject has recently come up. In the form of a twenty-minute argument. Many of my friends said that they'd like to crawl into a hole and listen to the darker stuff, but I was completely the opposite. When I'm in a funk, I need upbeat "happy music" to lift my spirits. Songs like Outkast's "Hey Ya" does that trick extremely well. Depressing things only make me want to throw a pity party for myself, which usually lengthens my lousy mood. I don't understand the rationale of listening to depressing music when you're sad or upset.

So what do you usually go for? "Dark and angry" or "light and upbeat"? What does it for you? Inquiring minds want to know.

It's actually kinda depressing that we had a twenty-minute argument about this subject. I need to listen to some happy music now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: You're sad and upset! ginger 06-27-07 1
 RE: You're sad and upset! arkiegrl 06-27-07 2
   RE: You're sad and upset! brvnkrz 06-27-07 3
       RE: You're sad and upset! arkiegrl 06-27-07 4
           RE: You're sad and upset! brvnkrz 06-27-07 8
   RE: You're sad and upset! Jims02 06-27-07 5
 RE: You're sad and upset! Breezy 06-27-07 6
   RE: You're sad and upset! Jims02 06-27-07 7
       RE: You're sad and upset! samboohoo 06-27-07 12
 RE: You're sad and upset! Sagebrush Dan 06-27-07 9
 RE: You're sad and upset! Seana 06-27-07 10
 RE: You're sad and upset! CutsyTootsy 06-27-07 11
 RE: You're sad and upset! anotherkim 06-27-07 13
 RE: You're sad and upset! zipperhead 06-27-07 14
 RE: You're sad and upset! Max Headroom 06-27-07 15
 RE: You're sad and upset! miamicatt 06-28-07 16
 RE: You're sad and upset! J Slice 06-28-07 17
 RE: You're sad and upset! cahaya 06-28-07 18
 RE: You're sad and upset! syren 06-28-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
I'm into the Sex Pistols for many moods. Anger is one of them.

((HUGS JIMS))

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
It depends on whether I'm wanting to wallow in my misery or not. I know I'm letting everyone see what a pyscho-b!tch I really am, but sometimes, I need that period of darkness and so I listen to music that keeps me there.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
I'm sorta like you on this. I usually need to wallow in my misery before I'm able to get out of it.

Celebrating Pride with Syren

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-07 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

Yeah, I can't always just snap out of it.

Summertime siggy by Sharnina
You forgot to tell me that being a psychobitch is part of my charms and what you really like about me. *pouts*

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Honey? It's like one of your best qualities and what attracted me to you in the first place. *smooch*

Celebrating Pride with Syren

06-27-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Depending on the circumstance, I definitely see where you're coming from. If a loved one died, for example, happy music wouldn't be my first choice. For normal "bad day" kind of situations, my first priority is usually to get myself in a better mood, which is where the upbeat stuff comes in.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
I want happy peppy get me out of the funk music.

Hey Ya is a very good choice.

06-27-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
What's cooler than being cool?

It's hard to host a pity party when listening to that.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Ice Cold

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Heavy-duty hardcore blues. Takes me into the depths so that I can wallow my way out of them.

Born and bred by Arkie

More wagging, less barking.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
When I'm truly upset, as in over a death, I prefer quiet. I don't like to listen to someone else's thoughts and even just classical music interferes with my own thoughts.

If it's just a crappy day, I like to listen to something snappy to help me out of it.

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-27-07, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
If I'm sad and upset I like to listen to music I know well enough to sing along with. It makes me feel better.

My very own Slice of beach!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
i usually go for more upbeat stuff, i think--maroon five, all american rejects, miranda lambert, shakira, pussycat dolls, dixie chicks, gin blossoms. i turn it up LOUD and i sing at the top of my lungs.

i am not a crier, so i save the more emotional stuff for when i'm at a more even keel.

Kimmah Says
--i sing when i'm happy or sad and especially when i'm drunk or pissed off.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-27-07, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Whatever mood I'm in, I like to listen to music that fuels that particular mood. I guess that I figure, "As long as I feel ______, might as well feel really ______."

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
I have music for brooding. It varies from introspective stuff like PJ Harvey to heavy, electronic stuff like late 70's Tangerine Dream. And there are times (and moods) where only Nine Inch Nails will do.

Summer sigpic created by Slice!

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
"Sexyback".

I simply cannot stay upset if I hear that song.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Frequently, some of the more melancholy songs of Steely Dan. They're not so sad or down as depressingly clever. Or cleverly depressing. Dark comedy, I suppose.

You should really read my crappy blog

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-28-07 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I'll usually go with some oldies, songs that remind me of my youth, like Carlos Santana, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Grand Funk Railroad, Iron Butterfly, Jimi Hendrix and more, including old-time blues guitarists (I could make a long list).

Often, too, I'll play (electric guitar) instead of listen, letting my play flow with my moods. It's a great outlet.

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: You're sad and upset!"
Marilyn Manson, Lest We Forget, The Best Of...

It's mostly covers, and they are good, not dark, however most people never give it or him a chance as the majority of his music is Goth.

What?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •