The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-05, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"

My Mommy Told Me Not to Put Beans in My Ears

or...

Yes, We Have No Bananas!!!

Week 5 stats by sittem and tidbits of Love List info here!!!

So the teams are on their way from Panama to Costa Rica. After getting a clue from Xavier, they arrive to find a yield outside of the roadblock. It's one of only 2 yields on the race. The Paolos use it on the Weavers and then they have to find a single red coffee bean in a huge sack.

At the detour, the teams must choose between finding relics in the rainforest or hauling bananas. Then it's on to the mat to catch up with Phil.

On to the list...

Rank. (last week's rank) Team name:

1. (1) Paolo: OMG! They came in first 2 weeks on a row?!?!?! I am very impressed! Papa Paolo totally manhandled those bananas! Does it seem like they argue less as the race goes on or am I just not noticing it? They really aren't as irritating as I thought they'd be at the beginning of the race. I actually like them and root for them.

2. (2) Bransen: The girls are really carrying Wally, but they continue to do well. I like them.

3. (3) Linz: Yay!!! Megan is one of the boys now! They're just having fun. That's what this should be about, FUN!!!

4. (5) Gawdawfulooskeee: I just can't take the screeching anymore! That nonsense about who should drive was stupid! Go home! ...but as much as I can't stand them, the last place is reserved for...

5. (6) Weaver: PFFFT! ...and I quote, "We are above talking about other teams..."

later at the yield... "Brian looks liks a squirrel.", "Look, they're standing in front of a garbage truck!" and "Look at all those implants." (or something to that effect about the "desperate houswives").

Philiminated: Gaghan (4) ~ Poor Carissa! I felt so bad for her. This is why it's hard to have little kids on the race. Too bad Billy's encouragement with, "SHECANDOOEET" didn't help find that red bean sooner!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 HistoryDetective 11-02-05 1
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Seana 11-02-05 2
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 PlumBlossom 11-02-05 3
 Everyone hates my GG's but they nee... pink lady fan 11-02-05 4
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 redbaronii 11-02-05 5
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Cygnus X1 11-02-05 6
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 ARnutz 11-02-05 14
       RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Cygnus X1 11-02-05 16
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 flipxcyd 11-02-05 7
 LOVE LIST beau_30 11-02-05 8
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 CouchTater 11-02-05 9
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 All50 11-02-05 10
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Peetah 11-02-05 11
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Estee 11-02-05 12
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 ARnutz 11-02-05 15
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 bostonrobfan 11-02-05 13
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Ryan DeMaster 11-02-05 17
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Max Headroom 11-04-05 18
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 sittem 11-04-05 19
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 coolflowerpowerman 11-05-05 20
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 cahaya 11-05-05 21
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 louislam 11-06-05 22
  Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Rank... sittem 11-07-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Ho Hum. Not too much movement in my list, just the Bransens and Godlewskis swapping places --- and good riddance to the Gaghans.

1. (1,1,1,1,1) Linz - Team Doofus, but still the ones that would be most fun to go out for a beer.

2. (9,8,7,3, 2) Paolo - I can't believe that this team is actually growing on me. At least they have some personality.

3. (6,5,4, 4, 4) Godlewski - More of the same: Cluck, cluck, cluck, BAWK, bawk, bawk, BAWK, BAWK!!! The temper tantrum was fun though. Keep it up, hens.

4. (3,4,2,2, 3) Bransen - Yawn. Wally and the young women are boring.

5. (7,4,6, 5, 6) Weaver - Horrid people. At least Rolly put a bandage over that giant gaping zit.

Philiminated - Gaghan - I'm not disappointed to see Bully and Caressa go. They weren't cute, just annoying. I wonder how often Bill tells Tammy to get down on her knees to find his coffee beans.

Sigs by Syren and Seana. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal
"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
1. Paolo (1): That's it. I love the Paolos. They're my favourite. They'd really have to screw up to get out of first now.

2. Linz (3): By default.

3. Bransen (4): I don't care.

4. Godlewski (6): Oh, shut up.

5. Weaver (5): What dreadful people. I can understand being a bit upset at being Yielded, but that was an awful display. Pfft to the lot of them. And here I was wondering only last week what exactly it was about them that the other teams found so repugnant.

Philiminated: Gaghan (2) Wah. I liked them so much.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
1. Paolo (3)
2. Linz(4)
3. Bransen (2)
4. Godlewski (5)
Extremely HUGE gap

666. Weaver (6)

The Gaghan family was number 1 last week and would have been #1 again this week.

an IceCat original

pink lady fan 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pink%20lady%20fan Click to send private message to pink%20lady%20fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Everyone hates my GG's but they need someone to root for them."
I guess that would be me.

In Jesus name, please get rid of the Weavers.

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbaronii Click to send private message to redbaronii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Ranking this week:

1 (9,8,4,3,1). Paolo Family - They're the ONLY interesting team in the race. I mean it, the others are boring, but their bickering is actually interesting (just how bad this season is...). Tony Paolo shows his sons "who owns", nice job by Marion again by trying the hardest even with all the bickering. Oh yeah, props to them for yielding the Weaver (this is the ONE time I appreciate the Yield!)

2 (1,1,2,2,3). Linz Family - Not the same old Linzes. Still having fun, but this time they finally let their sister do something. Nice job on supporting each other.

3 (4,4,1,1,2). Bransen Family - The producers are trying SO hard to find something to talk about them. What's with the "trying to moon" again?

4 (3,6,3,4,4). Godlewski Family - Oh...my...god...please...shut...up....

10000000 (8,3,7,5,6). Weaver Family - Not joking/get over the yield = talk about implants and garbage track (and Brian Paolo). A horrible Christian teams...I mean, Christians don't pray for "winning and get us there". Guess why everybody hate you?? Because YOU ARE HATFUL!

Phlim (2,7,5,6,5). Gaghan Family - Misfortune. I mean, they're bad racers anyway...Bill Gaghan did a nice job on the "not giving up" attitude, and they try hard...just bad luck in all.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Way to unearth that old tune, Nutzie!

1. Paolo. They did start sniping again (surprise, surprise), but not as much. They continue to grow on me. And the way Tony took command of the bananas was unbelievable; just another bunch of garbage cans to him, I suppose! I think this family will get the most out of this experience.

2. Linz. Showed a little more personality this time around. The boys are grudgingly conceding that Megan is -- and needs to be -- part of this team.

3. Bransen. By default. Wally may be starting to become a little unglued, however.

4. Godlewski. I so want these banshees gone. They'd be last, except for . . .

5 billion. Weaver. This can't be an act, or just mourning: I suspect they were this bitter before their father's death. Sad that they can't see how the harder they try to attribute everything they do to Christianity, they just alienate themselves even further. If not for Tammy's Beans In Her Ears, they'd have gone home instead. And . . . they could be the first team in TAR history to be Yielded TWICE. If they're around that long.

Kiss The Kids Goodnight: Gaghan. They never gave up, they never complained (all right, Billy did, a little), and the way Bill and Tammy acted on the mat was exemplary. They never said anything disparaging to their kids, and although obviously disappointed, Carissa and Billy handled themselves well. I doubt they could have won, but they were among the best people ever to have competed on the Race.

I like how Bill Gaghan talked about wanting to come back to Costa Rica for a vacation, even though he knew they were about to be Philiminated.

11-02-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Way to unearth that old tune, Nutzie!

*snort*

I had to do something childlike, given that the kiddos had to go home.

It was either that or...

I like to eat, eat, eat... BEANS and bananas!

Icey bounced me!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
You chose wisely, my dear.

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-02-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
(1) Paolo - At first annoying, but they're performing well and I'm beginning to like them.

(2) Linz - Loved the comment from Meghan saying that at 21 she now has balls. LLLOL

(3) Godlewski - Mute them, and they're fine.

(4) Bransen - by default; not much of an edit for them. I see them flaming out

N/R Weaver - Did they not understand that all of the teams wanted to yield them? The snide comments about the Paolo family was so junior high. Even with the daughter punching the sign - uh, do I sense abuse issues? (j/k - maybe I'm going too far on that comment). Get over it and move on already. But....it's too late for them. I hate how they use their religion to justify their acts.

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-02-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "LOVE LIST"
PHILIMINATED OR NOT
GAGHANS(1) - One of the best teams to run the race. Carissa stood in strong and didnt break down like we thought she would. I know it was so hard for her not to cry. We all cried for her I bet.

Poalo(1) - This team as two first place finishes just like Brasnens. Next week its another teams try to get first place. And I think it will be the Linz.

Linz(2) - Megan grow some balls. Aint that great. They finally let her achieve something.

Bransnes(2) - There are good team. and overall the girls do carry wally alot.

Gawdoflooskees(3) - They are annoying as all get out. The bickering I can not take anymore.

Rolly (4) - He is not as bad as the weaver women, which is a good thing, he is very quite, but he needs to start speaking up and taking control of that family.

WEAVER(6) - Stop with all this praying. Please I wish you would of been eliminated, and not the gaghans. When you are eliminated don't blame god.

"Its the most daring competition every attempted."

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-02-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
From WWE Smackdown, to Hippy Love Fest- my list this week

1. (1)(2)(1)(2) (1)- Paolos- How do I love thee’s, let me count the ways: DJ admitting that he’s impressed with mama, the boys hugging mama at the mat without being asked, Papa professing his lurve for Mama after 24 plus years marriage on national TV, (aww), helping the other teams find the Pico bus terminal, yielding the wanna be Christians, and for being the family who’s changing the most and being most entertaining.

2. (3) (4) (2) (1) (2)- Bransens- I still like them and want them up there in the end, but I think that Wally is REALLY missing his afternoon naps. It’s the first time this week that we saw any kind of friction with this family, but that makes them more real and only slightly more interesting.

3. (6) (6) (3) (3) (4)- Linzs- By default. I kind of liked them this week, again. They either entertain me or really piss me off. I think that they have a good chance of winning though.

4. (8) (7) (5) (6) (6)- Godlewskis- unlike the Paolos, these gals stay in perpetual Smackdown. I did enjoy the nerve one of them (I still can’t tell them apart) asking for a 20 instead of a 5 at the bar or hotel where they were scrounging for money.

Oh Jesus, if it be thy will, please oh please Philiminate the Weavers. I don’t think I’m asking much. I’ve been a good person, I do good deeds; just this one time can’t you smite them? The Weavers are giving thee and decent Christians all over a really bad name.

Philiminated: The Weavers- Yeah!!!!! Oh wait, they’re still there. I’m having a bad dream. Oh no Mr. Bill…

5. (9) (3) (6) (4) (6)- Rolly- nuff said.

Really Philiminated- The Gaghans- Booo… I wasn’t that fond of them, but I think that they had really bad luck. I’m mean finding the red bean didn’t really require skill, just luck. I also give them credit. They got pretty far carrying the wee ones.

All50 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-02-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail All50 Click to send private message to All50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
And now for an entirely different opinion:

(1)Weavers -- the ONLY likeable team left in the Race (after the Gaghans were eliminated). They are "real", not perfect. Gosh, all you folks who hate them, you'd probably hate the hurricane victims too -- if they don't act perfect (or if they're imperfect Christians).

(2) Godlewskis -- can't believe I'm putting these annoying gals this high, but I'm guessing they're the only ones left who are NOT involved in the gossipy Weaver-hatred.

(3) Linzes -- I liked them before this past leg. Their plan to Yield the Weavers reveals who they really are -- mean.

(4) Bransens -- Did I see them trying to moon again? What's up, has Wally already forgotten his view of his daughter's ****** ?

(5) Paolos -- If theres a "good vs evil" in this Race, the Weavers are the "good" and the Paolos are the "evil". What in the world do you folks like about these nasties? Yielding the Weavers was not only mean, but it was dumb! If they were really playing the game to win, they would've yielded one of their top competitors -- the Linzes or Bransens.

Peetah 334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-02-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peetah Click to send private message to Peetah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Basically the same as last week:

1. Bransens (1) --They work tight, cooperate, and get the job done. My only regret is we don't know them better. It reminds me of my all time favorite team Kris & Jon

2. Linzs (3)--Exuberance continues to shine. Originally I thought they wouldn't last long because they're inexperienced, but they are doing well. But will they ever be able to win a leg?

3. Godlewskis (4)--These ladies are fun, but they are starting to fray. They need to listen to each other and stop talking over each other. I have to say Sharon's fit was disappointing.

4. Paolos (5)--Go Papa! I was glad to see the boys giving him and Ma credit. However, Marion is getting too frayed to go much further. They are still quite negative people. Congrats on the second (can't believe I'm writing that) win!

5. Weavers (6)--Other than their close family bond which I admire, these people continue to show odious behavior. I don't blame them for lashing out at the other teams while they were waiting out their Yield, but they are in some other universe when it comes to interacting with people. First they isolate themselves, then they criticize, then they're paranoid, then they're vindictive. They make no sense!

Philimintated--Gaghans (2) Sorry to see them go. I was quite moved by them and their positive, if slightly sickingly sweet, attitude. I wish them well.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
1. Linz. In real life, the brothers are exactly the kind of people I avoid at all costs: loud, not too bright, in love with their own bowel functions, and of the distinct (and wrong) impression that the world is in love with them. What's saving them here? They actually care about their sister. Won't save them from having a drink thrown in their face on the first pickup line, but for now, they get to pass in peace. It doesn't hurt that they're several hundred miles away, either.

2. Paolo. 'I fight my brother, and my brother fights my mother, and my parents fight us -- until other people come along. And then we all stop fighting long enough to kill them.'

By the way: before this Race is over, Tony will invite Phil to dinner. Or propose to him. Whichever involves more dessert.

3. Godlewski. And now, a stirring chorus of 'Ain't too proud to beg' in four-part cluck harmony. (What did they actually need money for on that leg, anyway? The buses were charters -- they still had their credit card for gas -- they feed on each other's stress, so there's no way they would have been hungry...)

4. Bransen. 'I can't keep up. I'm a drag on the rest of the team. Everything I do slows us down.' Wally, here's a new term for you. 'Wind drag'. Close your mouth and everything will go a lot faster.

5: Weaver. The sad thing: no matter how much I despise them and want them out of the Race, they loathe me and want me dead even more. Maybe I should upgrade from 'despise'...

Sequesterville: Gaghans. I always hate it when the smartest person on the course goes out. And yes, I mean Carissa.

11-02-05, 08:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
*gasp*

*blinks*

What is this? Do my eyes deceive me??? Estee wandered over to fanatics and made an actual *gulp* love list???

Wow!

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-02-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
1. Linzes
2. Paolos
3. Bransens
4. Godlewskis
5. 'they'll know we are Christians by our love' Weavers

Ryan DeMaster 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-02-05, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ryan%20DeMaster Click to send private message to Ryan%20DeMaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Long time reader, first time poster. Well, not really a long time reader either >_>, but I still have a couple cents worth, and I'm gonna throw 'em in:

Note: Previous Ranks are from most recent to earliest

Still in the Race
1. Linz - They act immature at times. But come on, they're in their late teens and early 20's, what would you expect? Out of the 5 remaining teams, they'd be by far the most fun to hang out with, so I like 'em.

2. Paolo - They bicker a lot, and DJ's an @$$hole, but they'll defend each other to the death. And plus, 52-year-old Tony completely KICKED THE BANANA DETOUR'S @$$. I wouldn't be surprised if this spunky group wins the Race (unless it comes back to New Yawk, then they'll lose ).

3. Bransen - The three girls are carrying Walter (well, not literally...), and he knows it.

4. Godlewski - I XD'd at the driving spat, but they get on my nerves, especially with how awesome they think they are.

5. Weaver - I could spend about 10 pages explaining why I hate this team. Gotta give Rolly some credit for not turning on the other three from all their bullshit so far.

The fifth team Philiminated from the Race
Gaghan - Dammit. I hoped they could come from behind and sneak into the F3, because anything can happen after that. I guess finished second-to-last 3 straight legs, and Tammy's problems finding the damn red bean, caught up to them. I'll miss their constant love and encouragement for each other, among many other things, when I tune in next week.
Had they not been Philiminated, they would have ranked in at number 1, and it wouldn't have even been close.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Better late than never, right? Not many changes, but here goes:

1. Bransen (1)- Still my favorites, but I have to admit they're pretty boring. I'm sure they all have personalities-- can we see some of it??
2. Paolo (3)- Moving up to the #2 slot, which doesn't say much about the other teams. They're growing on me, though.
3. Linz (2)- Team Junior High still doesn't impress me. They should be doing a lot better, but they just don't get it.
4. Godlewski (4)- Squabbling, arguing sisters just don't do it for me. Wonder if all the bickering is due to race stress, or just their usual way of communicating with each other?
5. Weaver (6)- Somebody please Philiminate them!

Philiminated. Gaghan (5)- Mentally defeated last week, physically defeated this week. I liked them early on but lost interest after a while. Still, they looked like a strong family unit, unlike a few others around here!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-04-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Interesting - I posted this morning and it's not here - wonder if I responded to something else with my post? Oh well, forget what I said - here's my ranks. I had a long explanation for my reasoning, but it's lost now with a lack of time to go back there.

1. Branson (1)
2. Weaver (2)
3. Paolo (4)
4. Linz (6)
5. Godlewski (5)

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Sorry this is late!

1. Paolo Family-- They've redeemed themselves. Good on them for using the Yield and being a good, loving (if slightly dysfunctional family)

2. Bransen Family-- I'm still on board the Bransen love train. Wally and the girls rock my socks.

3. Godlewski Family-- Sharon is a bit of a control freak, but they're still a'ight.

4. Linz Family-- Megan's physical fitness is kind of pathetic for someone here age, but I think she definitely has the brains behind their team and will help them get far.

5. Weaver Family-- Obnoxious, ignorant, preachy hag + muffin-topping, cruel, hypocritical teenage girls + nondescript 14-year-old male does not a good team make. I hope they leave our television screens soon.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
Well, I missed this week's episode, traveling around Malaysia for a long holiday week, without access to the AXN sat network. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch Tuesday's rerun. Thanks to Silvergirl, who wrote a great episode summary, I've "seen" the episode and won't miss posting to this Love List, keeping a perfect record for the season so far. So, here's a ranking, but without specifics since I didn't actually view the episode.

1. (9/8/5/4/2) Paolo - Wow, first place finish again! Well, that feat alone deserves a first place here.

2. (3/2/1/1/1) Bransen - It's about my crush on the ladies. Really. I missed them this week.

3. (4/4/3/3/4) Linz - Yup, the favorites to win it all.

4. (5/6/4/6/6) Godlewski - Here by default, and I think another team has a monopoly in the 'God' part of the 'Lewski' name.

5. (6/5/6/5/5) Weaver - A miracle will soon happen: A Yield sign transforms into a Dead End sign. Next week, according to the prophecy.

Philiminated: Gaghans - (*sob*) Maybe I'm glad I didn't see the episode after all. I'd been driven to tears, just seeing Carissa's eyes. No, on the other hand, I'll catch a rerun, if not sooner, then later when AXN does the whole season replay. It's a moment I'd like to capture and remember. The Family Edition just won't be the same without them.

A tribephyl cultural creation.

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-05, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6"
1. Paolo (3) - Wow, I can't believe they are the team no.1 again. Seems that they really work well with each other day by day. However, didn't the Weavers share information with them in Alabama airport? Why they turn out to yield the Weavers? They don't need to piss the other team off as there must be some team (Linz) willing to do that.

2. Weaver (4) - After suffering from the yield, they still manage to escape elimination. I really appreciate their effort paid in this leg. But it is unwise to ask for direction when you see other teams passing you and going the same direction. Why not just following them? Regarding to the yield, I don't know why all teams seem hating team, I really want to know the reason as I can't get it from the show.

3. Godlewski (2) - Actually there is no preference for the following three teams after this episode, just rank them according to last week standing. They prove that most of the previous non-elim team can survive the next leg. I think that they can do better, the only thing they lack of is the navigation skill. Maybe when they head back to the US the problem will be solved.

4. Bransen (5) - No comment for them this week. They seem being plain after getting two 1st place finishes.

5. Linz (6) - I still think that there is lack of bonding between them, and they are the only remaining team without 1st place finish. Taking into account of their athletic appearance, they still underperform at this point.

Philimilated - Gaghan (1) - The underdog is gone! I suppose they can be this season's Adam/Rebecca or Meredith/Gretchen, but they fail this time. Unfortunately, there is no excuse for them. In previous legs, their weak standings were due to bad luck, but this time it is their fault. They get one team being yielded and still lose because of the roadblock, while other teams doing it quickly, they are really deemed to lose. That's not the same case as Lena in TAR6, because this time Tammy can see how the others find the bean, just kneeling down and find directly, but she chooses to do it the other way, a slower way. As far as I like them, their elimination is reasonable.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-07-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. " Fanatics Love List Volume 8.6 Rankings"
It’s clear there’s just not much lvoe this season – the Family edition is a relative bust – hopefully, next season will bring the franchise back!

Welcome to new peeps, Ryan DeMaster and Estee (well, not exactly new – though she lasted posted a lvoe list week 8 of season 6. Again his week we had 19 rankings – same as last week.

This week we have four PAPs! We’re at a point in the season where feelings have gotten deeper and with only six teams left PAP’s are more prevalent. Congrats to our Perfectly Average Posters: PlumbBlossom, redbaronii, beau_30 and Cyggie.

On to the rankings. They’re presented as: this week’s ranking; name; (last weeks ranking) total points this week - average ranking this week (first place votes)<last place votes>

1. Paolo (1) 33 – 1.74 (11)<1>
2. Linz (4) 46 – 2.42 (4)<1>
3. Bransen (2) 52 – 2.74 (3)<0>
4. Godlweski (5) 69 – 3.63 (0)<1>
5. Weaver (6) 85 – 4.47 (1)<16>

Observations:

1. Paolo – what a turnaround. They get 58% of first place rankings this week. They are the first team in the past four seasons (and I would guess for all of TAR) to go from an almost unanimous last place rank to a very strong first place rank. For week six of this season they have a better average rank (1.74) than Brian and Greg in TAR 7 (1.8). That’s one reason this race is so AMAZING!

2. After two strong weeks in first and a one point loss last week, Bransens move all the way down to third. Wally, Wally, Wally…tsk, tsk.

3. Weaver – 16 of 19 lasts (with three holdouts giving them first or second). This is the worst week of any team since Jonathan and Victoria in week 8 of season 6 (coincidentally, the last week that Estee posted a love ranking). JV were slightly worse with only one non last place vote. But, the Weavers are now hated just about as much as JV (for different reasons I believe).

4. Linz/Godlewski – both moved up a place or two – but does anyone really care about these teams? Actually – four people

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •