The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-17-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
I didn't see the whole show but one thing popped up in a major way. When asked about Kathy, Sean stated very confidently that he thought Kathy would have fared better if she aligned herself with him and Vee. I know he could have been talking about the past, and in that moment, but he seemed so confident about it, I personally take it that she doesn't go all the way. I would also speculate that she would win a jury vote against any of the 3 so I'd put her to come in 3rd or 4th...

He also spoke nicely about Neleh but somewhat cringed when they were discussing her. Said she is a real sweet person out of game, but was fierce competition there. His facial expressions said a lot more than his words.

He spoke well of Pappy as well, and not much on Vee.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... zzz 05-17-02 1
 RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... Cin 05-17-02 2
   RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... cowboyroo 05-17-02 3
       RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... Loree 05-17-02 4
 RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... katem 05-17-02 5
   RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... dangerkitty 05-17-02 6
       RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Ka... cowboyroo 05-17-02 7
 Link AyaK 05-17-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
I heard Sean on Howard Stern and he said pretty much the same thing about Kathy--namely that she would have been better off sticking with S/V because they would be easier to beat in a jury vote (being from old Maraamu, etc).

I don't think this should be taken to mean that Kathy does not make final 2 (or even that she loses the jury vote to P or N). I think Sean decided he would use this line in his interviews to try to show why--at the time--he was giving Kathy the better deal and she made a stretegic mistake (that she may or may not have paid for).

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-17-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
The way I took Sean's comments about Kathy on the Early show is that he was saying he was trying to make her see that with him and Vee she had a better shot at winning because him and Vee were not as "alligned" as everyone thought they were.

Cin

05-17-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
It's not his words that made me think that, it was the smugness in the way he said it. Body language says a lot more than words. I could be wrong but this seemed to be a very confident "She would have done better".

Just an opinion though...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
I thought it was interesting how he said it was up to him to expose that Neleh wasn't the sweet girl next door. I got the impression that he assumed he had done that and she doesn't win. He seemed rather pleased with himself. But then we all read his body language different. I didn't think anything he said meant Kathy doesn't win.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
There absolutely NO spoilers here. When Sean spoke of Kathy, he did it answering Jane Clayson's questions about his rant in last night's TC.

He said basically that he thought he had stated his enough, so that Kathy would know that she had a better chance with him and Vee. Which is something most people have been saying here. But, I did not perceive that, either from his tone of voice or body language, he was intuiting that Kathy did not win.

He was very charismatic, funny and fun. I think it was probably one of the most entertaining Survivor-Early Show interview in quite some time, maybe since John was there.

In conclusion, I got no spoilers from his interview.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-17-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
I agree, I didn't take what he said about Kathy, or how he said it, as any big deal (and I realize that it can be seen differently, that's just how I reacted to it).

The only possible spoiler, to me, was about Neleh. It seems crystal clear to me that Sean would NEVER vote for Neleh to win - he basically said, "I wasn't going to let her take that girl-next-door act all the way to a million dollars" - so I assume that if Neleh is F2, she doesn't get Sean's vote. Now, that may be obvious anyway, of course - what is relevant to me is, would he have said so much if in fact Neleh IS in Final 2? Now there is where I saw the confidence - and if she were F2, he wouldn't know for sure that she hadn't won; nor, quite likely, would he have been quite as free with talking about that so specifically.

One COULD surmise that Neleh is not F2 from this.

05-17-02, 03:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Sean on Early Show/Potential Kathy spoiler"
I love this site! Its so neat to see how the same things can be show to different people who see them totally differently (except for Snewser predictions that is!)....

I read into the body language of Sean about Neleh that she may make F2 as if his attempts didn't work...but it was against all else that I predicted so I let it go...

Hmmmm....now I'm wondering, if I hadn't had coffee when I saw the Early Show, I may have predicted Peter winning the whole thing...

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-02, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Link"
For those of us who did not see this in the AM, here's a link to the story and video of Sean's interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/17/survivor/main509399.shtml

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •