The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-02, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread

This is the official thread for discussing all final spoilers and speculation regarding this contestant. With such a short time to the final episode, it is crucial that all spoiling discussion be well focused and strictly organized.

A (State of the Spoiling) SOTS thread will be generated that will link to and summarize the posts that are generated on this thread along with the discussion that develops on the other Official discussion threads.

Remember... there are only three days... organization will be all important.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 sloppy attempts at foreshadowing qwert 05-17-02 1
 RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... jkokoj 05-17-02 2
   RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... toddE 05-17-02 5
 Neleh - S4 champ PagongRatEater 05-17-02 3
   RE: Neleh - S4 champ PepeLePew13 05-17-02 4
   RE: Neleh - S4 champ steppingrazor42 05-17-02 6
   Time to blow holes JohnMc 05-17-02 7
       RE: Time to blow holes PagongRatEater 05-17-02 12
           RE: Time to blow holes Q 05-17-02 20
           Marry me JohnMc 05-17-02 23
               RE: Marry me PagongRatEater 05-17-02 24
                   RE: Marry me JohnMc 05-17-02 26
   RE: Neleh - S4 champ Bebo 05-17-02 8
       RE: Neleh - S4 champ PagongRatEater 05-17-02 13
           RE: Neleh - S4 champ Bebo 05-17-02 18
       RE: Neleh - S4 champ War on Jeff 05-17-02 14
       RE: Neleh - S4 champ cowboyroo 05-17-02 15
       RE: Neleh - S4 champ qwert 05-17-02 17
   RE: Neleh - S4 champ frisky 05-17-02 9
   RE: Neleh - S4 champ Loree 05-17-02 10
   Reunion in UT jancan 05-17-02 11
 RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... SawCvive 05-17-02 16
 RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... SMGLover 05-17-02 19
   RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... Q 05-17-02 21
   NELEH V. KATHY MattyMax 05-17-02 22
       RE: NELEH V. KATHY Bebo 05-17-02 25
   RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... cutie 05-18-02 30
 The interview weltek 05-17-02 27
   RE: The interview PagongRatEater 05-17-02 28
 Neleh - Too Sweet To Swallow Napalm in the Morning 05-18-02 29
 RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... corcam 05-19-02 31
 EW article Rebel Crown 05-19-02 32
 RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode... Kokoro 05-19-02 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwert 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-02, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwert Click to send private message to qwert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "sloppy attempts at foreshadowing"
For the immunity challenge Jeff Probst told a story about a warrior and his infiltration of another tribe. At the end of the story, after having infiltrated the opposing tribe, the warrior was told to have returned to his tribe, let down his long hair, and killed the chieftain of their rivals which denominated the warrior as the strongest warrior and ultimate victor. During this part of the story, the camera was focused on Neleh drawing a parallel to her long hair, the warrior’s long hair, and made when the warrior was named as victor. This could have served to foreshadow the victor of the immunity challenge itself, (it did not), or possibly to foreshadow the winner of the entire game.

Also, drawing from memory without the benefit of taped episodes, there was a point where the camera focused on Kathy who made a comment similar to, “I love wining this thing,” as a reference to the immunity challenge. The cut was made in an odd position. It was not a tracking shot that followed Kathy from the beginning of her celebration after winning immunity to the end of the celebration. It was a clear-cut juxtaposition; at one moment her celebration was in progress, then a direct cut was made to her remark, which could possibly signify Kathy winning the final two immunities. There was also the comment made by Probst at tribal council, something like, the only sure way to make it to the final two is by winning the last two immunities, again, I think, followed by a cut to Kathy.

Why this is relevant:

The show has used simple foreshadowing to show who stays, who goes, and who wins immunity. The episode with The General building the pig snare, “I got pig!” foreshadowed him winning immunity with his comments about it in a conversation with Tammy.

The episode during the merge with Kathy winning the immunity was similar. She was put on screen saying she needed immunity then wa-laa! Kathy wins immunity. Even the vid-caps for episode 12 seemed to signify Sean’s boot with a large spinning “LOSE” flying over top of Sean’s picture.

However, having said all this, the editing appears to be so random; people edited as targets then staying, people edited as safe then staying, people edited as safe then not staying, that it’s possible this speculation is arbitrary.

If the foreshadowing is significant then it seems to point to a final two of Neleh and Kathy with Neleh winning. It also seems the simplest answer with a boot order of Vee next, then Kathy winning final immunity and choosing Neleh, since Kathy’s been shown to think of Paschal as her biggest threat. I hope I’m wrong and Kathy wins.

Also Neleh, along with Paschal, seem to be edited with a focus on their negative traits; selfishness, lying, hypocrisy. This indicates a character shift from sweet and innocent to malicious and greedy. If one of them were to win then it could demand more interest from an audience. Compare Ethan’s victory (S3) to Richard’s (S1) with Richard’s seeming to generate more crowd interest.

Random Speculation: In the final two John and his cohorts vote against Kathy because she peed on his hand.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-17-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
I watched Sean on the Early show this a.m. and he made a remark regarding Neleh and how he would not let her play the sweet girl next door image all the way to the million. I believe that is telling that Neleh may be the possible next boot. Or even if Neleh made it to the finals I do not think Sean would vote for her.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-17-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
Well, I have to say Neleh is my least favorite player left and has been since the horrid Zoe got booted. I don't see her winning against anyone, really, unless it is her and Paschal in the Final 2. Maybe against Vee.
K/N F2:
Kathy: Sean, Vee, John, Tammy, maybe Robert
Neleh: Paschal, Zoe, maybe Robert

V/N f2 (very unlikely, IMHO)
V: Sean, Tammy, Kathy
N: Paschal, Robert, John
I don't know how Zoe would vote, could go either way.

N/P F2 (horrible thought)
N: John,
P: Sean, Vee, Kathy, Tammy
Don't know how Zoe, Robert would vote, wouldn't matter unless Paschal said "give the money to Neleh."

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Neleh - S4 champ"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-02 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

I am going to reserve the right to change my mind, but I wanted to take this opportunity to get some holes blown in my theory as to why Neleh wins and see if there are potentially any takers for this theory.

Obviously it is very easy to come up with a scenario of Neleh making it to the final two. If form holds, which it usually does despite MB attempts to make us think otherwise, then Vee goes next. Based on multiple Kathy spoilers, it looks like she is very likely to make it to the Final two - especially considering that she is physically the best player left in the game. So, who does she choose - the loveable Pappy or the controversial Neleh? Assuming that she doesn't know about Pascal's "promise" to John, she has no idea that there may be resentment on the jury of his "switch." From her perspective, it was a smart game move anyway and her own POV probably precludes her from seeing their alliance from the perspective of John, et al. Knowing that Neleh HAS built up a lot of resentment, I think in the end she decides to go with her instead of having to guess on whether or not people are mad at Pappy.

So, now why do I pick Neleh to win against Kathy? There are several hints that I have seen that have me leaning this direction. Looking at the jury objectively, I would guess that Kathy would beat Neleh, but the jury has always defied logic so it is really hard to go on that. My reasons, therefore, are as follows:

1) the alleged proliferation of reverse shots through-out the show are subtle, a-la-Ethan, hints that neleH wins.
2) the yellow totem in focus in the preview is the color or Neleh's totem from the superchallange (AND Rosie is wearing a yellow buff which is very limited in value unless there is a connection between both appearences in yellow).
3) Neleh hosted a reunion for all Survivors in UT last month - seems like something that a winner would do
4) Sean's multiple statements that Kathy would have been better off siding with V/S - could be sour grapes, could be something.

Admittedly, it is thin logic that holds all of this together, but we have very little to go on and you have to start somewhere.
PLEASE blast away.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
Not going to blast away at all... you present some intriguing possiblities out there -- right now I'm thinking Kathy wins but certainly there are a lot of things that can happen and it's not out of reach for any of the 4 to win it all.

I'm very intrigued by Sean's comments this morning -- he could be just blowing off steam or he could be telling us that Kathy falls flat on her face. Sean is exactly the type of person to grouse about something that 'should' have happened, so how much can we take out of his comments... but then again, he's had a few months to cool down and think more rationally before going on TV. So, perhaps there IS something there about his comments regarding Kathy's vote.

Neleh is perhaps the strongest bet to win it if Kathy isn't the winner -- as you've pointed out, PRE, Neleh hosted a reunion in Utah for all the survivors and several booted contestants had nothing but good things to say about Neleh. This contradicts with what we're seeing the last few weeks as she's been edited more and more as a controversial person with an edge. This probably means that MB is taking what precious little 'nasty edge' Neleh is showing and hyping it up as something much bigger -- we're seeing 2 minutes worth of footage out of 200 or so hours on tape, so we're not getting the full story when it comes to Neleh.

Thx for a great year.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
I just don't see Neleh winning over the jury...I am sure Sean went back to the loser lodge and let it all out about his perception of what was going on. I don't think the Rotu 4 dislike Sean, they'll listen.

IF there is a N/K F2:

John-might go either way, but I think he and Kathy had a bond and Neleh might be guilty by association with the Paschal giving his word thing.

Zoe-Hard to tell...might still be bitter about being voted out by her "friend" Kathy and she seemed to really bond with Neleh.

Tammy-I think would vote for Kathy, Didn't have any issues with her at all it seemed. The used mint thing threw her over the edge with Neleh.

Robert-Also think he'd vote for Kathy.

Sean-Obviously Kathy gets his vote

Vee-I don't see her voting for Neleh

Pappy-Obviously Neleh

I guess it could happen, but IMHO I don't see the Rotu4 falling for the girl next door act either, they'll kow that Kathy had to play the game harder to stay alive and reward that with votes. All I know is if Neleh wins I will be SOOOO F#!@#$%* displeased!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-17-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Time to blow holes"
Sorry, PRE, you know you had it coming. Here goes:

<<1) the alleged proliferation of reverse shots through-out the show are subtle, a-la-Ethan, hints that neleH wins.>>

This is the only one I let you get away with. But you will end up losing 3 to 1.

<<2) the yellow totem in focus in the preview is the color or Neleh's totem from the superchallange (AND Rosie is wearing a yellow buff which is very limited in value unless there is a connection between both appearences in yellow).>>

Yellow is also the color of Maraamuu. All of the F5 players had a yellow buff at some point.

<<3) Neleh hosted a reunion for all Survivors in UT last month - seems like something that a winner would do>>

Did Rich host a S1 reunion? no. Did Tina host a S2 reunion? no. Did Ethan host a S3 reunion? no. Sorry, but a reunion just doesn't point to anything aside from the fact that this S4 group was tighter than the previous casts had been.

<<4) Sean's multiple statements that Kathy would have been better off siding with V/S - could be sour grapes, could be something.>>

I think this is an indication that Kathy could have gone farther against him and Vee than P/N. Doesn't point to a N victory, but it does say that N may get farther than K. Could mean that Vee wins immunity and that Kathy is booted next? Not sure, but I just don't think it means a N win.

Hope I don't sound too much like Peter blowing holes in your theory...

05-17-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Time to blow holes"
>Sorry, PRE, you know you had
>it coming. Here goes:
>
>
><<1) the alleged proliferation of reverse shots through-out the show are subtle, a-la-Ethan, hints that neleH wins.>>
>
>This is the only one I
>let you get away with.
> But you will end
>up losing 3 to 1.
>
>
><<2) the yellow totem in focus in the preview is the color or Neleh's totem from the superchallange (AND Rosie is wearing a yellow buff which is very limited in value unless there is a connection between both appearences in yellow).>>
>
>Yellow is also the color of
>Maraamuu. All of the
>F5 players had a yellow
>buff at some point.
>
The focus of this is not necessarly the buff, which I said was not necessarily the pointer. It was showing Neleh's yellow totem in the CBS preview. Definitely not ironclab, but worth considering.
><<3) Neleh host
ed a reunion for all Survivors in UT last month - seems like something that a winner would do>>
>
>Did Rich host a S1 reunion?
> no. Did Tina
>host a S2 reunion?
>no. Did Ethan host
>a S3 reunion? no.
> Sorry, but a reunion
>just doesn't point to anything
>aside from the fact that
>this S4 group was tighter
>than the previous casts had
>been.
>
I would just think that since she chose to host the reunion, that she feels pretty good about the way things turned out. Again, not a definite indicator, but it is a part of my chain of evidence.

><<4) Sean's multiple statements that Kathy would have been better off siding with V/S - could be sour grapes, could be something.>>
>
>I think this is an indication
>that Kathy could have gone
>farther against him and Vee
>than P/N. Doesn't point
>to a N victory, but
>it does say that N
>may get farther than K.
> Could mean that Vee
>wins immunity and that Kathy
>is booted next? Not
>sure, but I just don't
>think it means a N
>win.
>
You're right on this one. If there is ANY value in Sean's statement (which is certainly debatable), it only helps thi argument IF Neleh pairs up with Kathy in the final per my scenario above.

>Hope I don't sound too much
>like Peter blowing holes in
>your theory...

I want holes blown in my theory - any opinion worth having should be questioned and be able to stand up against that questioning. The genesis of this theory anre the "backward shot" spoilers and then trying to find other pieces of evidence that fit with what those shots may or may not be trying to tell us.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Time to blow holes"
Great Attitued PRE. I agree if you can propose it, you can handle it being refuted, Otherwise how would you know when you have overlooked something? All theories are that theories.

Keep it up though, you make interesting points.

D.R.

05-17-02, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Marry me"
PRE, I just have to say...

YOU ROCK !!!

You have an awesome attitude. I agree that your ideas are possibilities. My dissension is simply that I don't agree with them for the reasons that I outlined.

The backward shot theory is the only one that I just can't say anything about, particularly when I didn't agree w/the Ethan as Jesus theory either, and then look who won?!

05-17-02, 04:24 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Marry me"
I'm flattered but I don't think I'm you're type...unless you like married Italian men who eat rodents.

05-17-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Marry me"
Lol!!! Well, 2 out of 4. How do you cook your rats? Sauteed in butter? or simply bbq'd?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
My one issue with Neleh as S4 champ is the editing.

Up until recently, Neleh was Sweetpea, and the audience saw her only in a positive light. But then we started to see the endless "Oh my hecks" and comments from the other contestants that showed her in a less than favorable light.

When the editing started to show a little tarnish on that halo, I speculated that it was to give the audience a way to understand why Neleh would be voted out before Paschal. Now I'm starting to think it's a way to show the audience why she would be excluded from the final two, but in such a way that the winner comes out looking good.

Why would MB edit the show to make us like the winner less as the show went on, especially when it would have been so easy to keep showing her as Sweetpea?

Rude snot fluent in Sarcastic...and those are my good points.

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

05-17-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
I'm going to try not to hijack this thresd, but I wanted to respond to your thought Bebo. I think that the whole "evil" Neleh editing has been a red herring to - a) make her appear to be a target which she has not been; b) create some imaginary tension at the final TC.

If Neleh were truly as controversial as editing would lead us to believe then WHY didn't she get any votes from the Rotu four on their way out. If you know that someone is a target generally you try to cast your vote for that person - especially if you already have an X on your chest. The fact that Neleh got no votes until last night really make me wonder if this supposed anger with Neleh isn't being overplayed.

BTW, MB never tried to edit Rich to make him likeable and he is really trying to revisit that wining forula with S4.

05-17-02, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
BTW, MB never tried to edit Rich to make him likeable
and he is really trying to revisit that wining forula with S4.

Agreed, but his editing of Rich was consistent throughout the entire show. Rich was devious, cunning, and plotting throughout. There wasn't any sort of redemption, or any sort of editing to try and change the audience's opinion.

War on Jeff 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-17-02, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail War%20on%20Jeff Click to send private message to War%20on%20Jeff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
Or, MB is playing it up so you don't think she will win it all... the infamous misdirection.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-17-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
Good points Bebo. I have kept an eye on Neleh since the backwards editting stuff came up, but it doesn't seem like the type of editing to point to a winner except for a bunch of firsts that have to deal with Neleh in S4. She is the first gross food challenge victor to make it to the Jury (and now F4), she is the "little sweet thing" that didn't come in 6th place a la Colleen, Amber, Kim P. And I debated whether this was why MB might used the backwards editing as subtle clues for the winner.

However, I thought the same as you to an extent....why show this other side of Neleh...When interviewed the ousted castaways don't say she was evil, etc...they say she was playing the game hard.

But for some reason, I'm stuck on a Vee winning mindset and let all those images come and go.

qwert 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwert Click to send private message to qwert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-02 AT 03:36 PM (EST)

Villains generate a lot of appeal and make for good TV.

Richard Hatch (S1), Susan Hawk (S1), and Jerri Manthey (S2) had villainous celebrity. They are all still mentioned by talk-show hosts and mentioned in discussion boards because of their wickedness. For comparison, Ethan(S3), Colby(S2), Teresa(S3), receive less attention. Stories wrapped around competition need a good villain as well as a good hero. And oh how compelling when the villain defeats the hero; pulls the wool over our eyes.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-02 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

No blasts from me, PagongRatEater. I just want to point out one thing. In spite of the editing of late, in which EPM leads us to believe that, as you say,

"Neleh HAS built up a lot of resentment"

I think it is EPM and his evil editing team that is doing the "building."

Ever since the Nasty Neleh theme started, the only tribemate that has seriously complained about her is Sean. The "Gee My Hair Smells Terrific" thing seemed to be just an annoyance to the tribe and didn't seem to have any long term impact. It sure didn't result in any votes from the future jurors.

Neleh is being edited a la Lex. (Well, that may be going a little far ).

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Neleh - S4 champ"
>>3) Neleh hosted a reunion for all Survivors in UT last month - seems like something that a winner would do<<

But Neleh would not know she is the winner. The final 2 still don't know if they have won. So she would only be acting like a finalist. And the loser could also think they are the winner.

jancan 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jancan Click to send private message to jancan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Reunion in UT"
RE: PRE's "3) Neleh hosted a reunion for all Survivors in UT last month - seems like something that a winner would do"

I feel like this points away from Neleh winning, much like the Ethan/Tom photo from S3 convinced me they would NOT be the final two. Would MB allow the winner to host a party? I seriously doubt it. I think the winner is stongly warned on what they can and cannot do. MB controls the lives of the contestants as much and as for long as he can.

SawCvive 9 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SawCvive Click to send private message to SawCvive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
Ok I have already posted this on another thread but it got pushed back. I think it will have more significance here.

***** Definitely making the trip will be Neleh, of course; John Dennis and Neleh"s mother, Rebecca; Neleh"s grandfather; one of Neleh"s co-workers the family calls Grandma; most of Neleh"s seven siblings and some sibling spouses; and Neleh"s boyfriend.*****

This is from an article from her hometown saying that all these people will come w/her to N.Y..(S.News & S.Fever ) Now why would she bring all these people w/ her if she weren't in the final 2. I could she her parents & boyfriend. I have a big family too and the only reason for all of them to be there would be to see me win a million.

That being said. I don't think or want her to win. But I think she is in the 2. I hope w/Kathy. But the article about Pappy's hometown selling tickets at the locale theater for the finale, plus other large, public showings sticks in my head.

Peace & God Bless
Saucy

SMGLover 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SMGLover Click to send private message to SMGLover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
I have no idea who wins, but I do think Neleh has a BIG chance at it. While Kathy has actually been on the chopping block for a while, she escaped each time by either A)winning immunity or B)creating a distraction. Here is what I think will happen.

FINAL 4
Neleh, Paschal, Vee, Kathy

I would list the reversed images as a potential spoiler that Neleh takes it all, but almost all shows reverse screens, including ads and magazines and movies.

What strikes me is that obviously, up until these past few episodes, she has been portrayed as an Elisabeth. Nice, innocent, sweet. Not competitive, strong, or a threat. The 2 episodes where she had been majorly focused on, it seemed as though MB had to squeeze hate out of Kathy and Sean. He had no other distraction.

The Jury, they ultimately decide the final winner. The black clothes during yesterday's episode could represent hate and anger towards N/P for betraying them, or their voting for Vee.. or not, or just fun to show they are out.
Sean has always said and continues to say that Neleh is playing the game the hardest out there. Kathy says she is riding Pappy's coattails. Vee complains.

Obviously, Pappy will vote for her if she gets in F2.

It has been portrayed to us as everyone hates her, she has no chance at a million, she is being lazy. Everyone hated Rich and he won the million. This season has multiple times, been said its like Season 1. Is this some sort of foreshadowing for a "harsh talk"(aka Sue) by John who said he had a lot to say in the final TC. Neleh is being portrayed as RICH, strutting around, but not nude.
This is what will happen,
Next, unless Vee wins immunity, which I doubt, she will be voted out 3-1.
Final 3 is the endurance/holding on to something challenge. Pappy will pull a Rudy and let go of the pole or whatever it is they need to hold on to. Kathy will win this.
Kathy decides to take NELEH into the finals, because she has stated Pappy is their biggest adversary and would want to get rid of him because of risking more votes to him.
FINAL 2-Kathy/Neleh
Kathy goes into FTC with high hopes of beating Neleh.
VOTES..

JURY MEMBER - VOTE FOR WIN - REASON
Sean - Neleh - Even though he dislikes her innocent girl image, she is the first one to bring it to the end. He always have stated Neleh has been playing the game the most, and that is what seems to help the winners. Sean will vote for her because she made it that far by playing the game.
Vee - Kathy - Probably vote with Sean, or maybe will sway for one final time for Kathy.
Pappy - Neleh - Do I need to explain?..
John - Neleh - Even though Kathy did pee on his hands, she did piss him off during the first few eps. He stated he keeps in touch with Neleh a lot and is good friends with her. He would not hold a grudge against Neleh for betraying them becuse it was PAPPY who gave him his word.
Tammy - Kathy - She has never really displayed any dislikes/likes against Neleh, OR Kathy for that matter.
Zoe - Neleh - She will not vote Kathy out, because she did vote her out and for singling her out. She did not like having Kathy watching her 24/7 and knows that Kathy just sticks with the majority.
Robert - Kathy - They seem like good friends and Neleh is a good friend too, but I dont think he stuck around long enough to see how Neleh could play the game while holding up her innocent girl shield.

NELEH - 4
KATHY - 3

I hope i am right!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
You could be right, but I hope it goes for Kathy, not Neleh. I like K/P/N very much and wish they could all win, but...

Vee must go, N/P know that, K may want to join up with her, but N/P want her out! Kathy will sense this and not rock the boat, she will sweep immunity to the end and choose N over P, even though I think she is better off with P than N.

D.R.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-17-02, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "NELEH V. KATHY"
This would be a really exciting final 2, and it looks somewhat probably. As long as Vee doesn't win the next IC. Kathy would whoop Neleh and Paschal in an endurance challenge (shortest endurance challenge ever!) and take Neleh because Pappy is popular.

But, how will the Jury vote?!

John- Will vote for Neleh. Kathy really irritated John. John likes Neleh.

Zoe- Could go to Neleh, because of TC 7 where Neleh was leaning against her shoulder etc. But could go Kathy b/c of friendship.

Tammy- Who the hell knows? I have a feeling she might vote with John, for Neleh.

Robert- Will vote for Neleh. He likes her. He called her sweet and the ringleader in his EW interview.

Sean- Kathy. He really doesn't like Neleh.

Vee- Kathy. Kathy supported the tribe at the end, as we saw last night. She was the food provider.

Paschal - Nelehduh

Hmm... According to this, it's still up in the air. it hinges on Zoe and Tammy...

Does anybody know how Tammy feels about Neleh? or Kathy? What I'm thinking is that Kathy was the target at the merge, and was very alianated from the Rotu4. This may tip the scales to Neleh, who was much more UTR. While Neleh could be seen as grating, it was mostly Sean who really disliked her. I think a lot of it was editing, too.

MM

05-17-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
25. "RE: NELEH V. KATHY"
Does anybody know how Tammy feels about Neleh? or Kathy?

Her TV Guide Online interview suggests that she would favor someone like Kathy, who attempted to take a leadership role and play the game, over someone who was UTR.

cutie 58 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cutie Click to send private message to cutie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
this is my guess

pascal: neleh

sean: kathy (early show he mentions that he will not let the girl next door to win)

vee: probably kathy (influenced by sean, said she was
pretending to be busy), but may be bitter since kathy votes her off

john: neleh (he doesnt seem to like kathy)

tammy: kathy (she respects her from one of her post boot interview, she said she wants to boot her first, but get to know her better and thinks herself would be like kathy in 10 years time, i think that is a compliment)

robert: kathy (mentions in every interview that kathy is a great lady)

zoe: kathy (she isnt the type of sour grapes)

conclusion: kathy wins 5:2 or 4:3

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-02, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "The interview"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-02 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

If you recall, Neleh was one of the few Survivors who had an interview prior to the show airing with a local newspaper. Do we think MB would've let the winner do an interview? And we commented that her interview comments didn't sound like that of a winner at the time. Just throwing a bone out.

And another kind of silly "spoiler", as cowboyroo pointed out in his final four vote: Neleh is the only one left in the TV Guide photoflip game, making Pascal, Kathy, and Vee as the only left that weren't included in the game. It's silly, but it's yet another good bone to throw at ya.

05-17-02, 10:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The interview"
The fact that she did an interview, in and of itself is not necessarily detrimental to her chances of winning. What I think is for more interesting is the content of that interview and what would lead people to think that is didn't sound like an interview with the eventual winner.

If anybody has that link or can remember specifically what that article said, I would be VERY interested in seeing it.

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-02, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Neleh - Too Sweet To Swallow"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-02 AT 00:59 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-18-02 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

Let's look at Sweatpea in a hypothetical F2:

NELEH vs. KATHY
ROTU4 would all vote for KATHY in despite of Neleh as part of the alleged leaders in pagonging the Rotu4, and I don't buy any of the agruments that suggest any of the Rotu4 would vote for Neleh over Kathy.
SEAN/VEE votes for KATHY based on what happend at Ep12 TC, and many of Sean's previous comments.
PAPPY would be only vote for Neleh.

NELEH vs. VEE
ROTU4 would all vote for VEE in despite of Neleh as part of the alleged leaders in pagonging the Rotu4, and I don't buy any of the agruments that suggest any of the Rotu4 would vote for Neleh over Vee.
SEAN votes for VEE based on what happend at Ep12 TC, and many of Sean's previous comments.
PAPPY would be only vote for Neleh.

NELEH vs. PAPPY
ROTU4 would all vote for NELEH over Pappy who they feel was the true leader in pagonging the Rotu4.
SEAN votes for PAPPY. Even though Sean and Pappy had it out at Ep12 TC, he kept his "respect" for Pappy, and has always refered to Neleh as a major game player.
VEE would vote the same way as Sean for many of the same reasons.
KATHY would vote PAPPY as the more deserving winner.

Therefore, IMHO, Neleh's only shot to win it is if she's with PAPPY in F2.

Neleh does have a legitimate shot at reaching F3 for the following reasons:
1.) Vee is gone unless she wins F4 IC for the reasons stated HERE.
2.) If Vee wins F4 IC, she knows Pappy will not vote for Neleh. Therefore, Vee will likely vote with Pappy (who has no other choice but to vote Kathy), and Neleh would make F3.
3.) If N or P win F4 IC, they will obviously take each other into F3.

Neleh's chances at F2 (assuming she makes it to F3):
1.) Obviously, her best chance is if she OR PAPPY win F3 IC.
2.) If PAPPY is not in F3, then Neleh could make F2 since either Kathy or Vee would see her as less than a threat than their other option.

Thus, I believe Neleh has the best shot (besides Kathy) of making it to F2. She just better pray the Judge is with her in the end.

Edited twice for bad type-o's. I'm done for tonight.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-19-02, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
Well Neleh is my winner by all standards, just to start with

I think alot of her editing as "the villan" only came about b/c Tammy was getting the boot, which she proceded John, and then John Rob, so they really needed someone to take Tammy's place as "the villan".... they also toned it down in the last episode to where they were focusing on the evil Sean.

I am hoping for a final 2 of Paschal and Neleh and I don't really care who wins, b/c I think they are the most deserving of the 4.

I love this pic of Pappy falling LOL

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-19-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "EW article"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-02 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-19-02 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

I found this short article about all 4 - it capsulates each storyline, handicaps each one, but the comment about Neleh is interesting. They call her the inevitable winner. Probably very little spoiler value overall, but I found its viewpoint suspicious enough to add to the mix.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,236211-1-5~3~0~,00.html

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-19-02, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Neleh - Official Final Episode Discussion Thread"
It's so close to the show but I've been wanting to throw something in anyway.

On the CBS Popularity Poll, Neleh's popularity has dropped like a rock since the Tammy boot. This is because of the (IMO) "Grasping-at-straws-to-make-the-cute-one-not-so-nice" editing....Well it worked and the general public doesn't like Neleh but they don't ~hate~ her. There is no villain in the Final 4 - The polls from S2/3 always had the longer lasting nice guys stay at the top. Anyway quick conclusion she's not nice; she's not bad; she has no chance in hell of winning.

Kathy has also (for what reason I have no clue - I honestly don't remember Kathy being edited in a bad light lately) Kathy has also had a major drop recently (Which makes these CBS Polls highly suspect as falsified IMO, if you add in a few other pieces of info).

The only two that have constantly been rising are Paschals and (especially) Vee's and while I'm still praying to the Lord to work some kind of miracle to stop this nightmare of an ending, it looks like that's what we're stuck with.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •