The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

bubbatex 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-29-01, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbatex Click to send private message to bubbatex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
Alright. I'll admit that I was highly skeptical when my gay buddy was saying that he just knew that R&B were probably gay... I disagreed, but after last night's comment (although small) I gotta say I'm turning around.

Let's look at the facts:
- they're both attractive guys
- they're both lawyers (I doubt they're really poor)
- we've never seen them get into a serious argument

Number 1, how many poor lawyers you know? Poor enough that they'd have to get a roommate just to afford a place...

Number 2, I'm lookin at their behavior, and compare it to other guys. You see the frat boys and they're best friends too. They laugh and cajole eachother, but they also get on eachother's nerves and they yell at eachother for little stuff. nothin big, but still it's there. Then you see the two lawyers who are also friends -- but it seems like they behave more like a couple. Very supportive of eachother (at least what we've seen on the show).

And feel free to flame this posting, cause I'm biased, but I don't give a rats. I'm gay, and you can laugh at me or believe me but gay guys have a 'radar' for other gay guys. And these guys just have a vibe about em. But who better to judge gay guys than a gay guy right? At least - that's what I'm thinkin.

So now it's time to tell me what you think... And if it's something like 'you just want em to be gay' then you're wrong. If anything, I just wanna know - cause i'm curious like that.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... Cole 11-29-01 1
   RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... LifePartner80 11-29-01 2
 WHO CARES??? anotherkim 11-30-01 3
   I CARE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rEEl_bitEs 12-02-01 10
 RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... katem 11-30-01 4
 RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... earcpa 11-30-01 5
   RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... Goober 11-30-01 6
 RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... claygroney 11-30-01 7
   RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... katem 11-30-01 8
       RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... JinkyPop 12-01-01 9
           RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? ... katem 12-02-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-29-01, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
Give it a rest. This topic has been discussed before to death, in fact just as recently as today in a topic called "the show claims there are only two life partners...." If you want to post, combine your postings to that topic heading. Rob and Brennan are not gay, they're just friends. Why is that everyone assumes that a single guy in his late 20's must be gay? Why doesn't anyone think Kevin is gay?

LifePartner80 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LifePartner80 Click to send private message to LifePartner80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
I totally agree that my gaydar goes off when I see Rob & Brennan - moreso now than at the beginning of the show. There's always prolonged touching that just really seems to be gay. And I agree with you that there's no one who can better point out gay people than other gay people themselves. I'm always very good at figuring out who is gay, and they just really stick out. As for the Fat Brothers, there's no way they're gay. Just because a guy in his 20s is single doesnt make him gay. There's more evidence to lead one to think that R&B are gay than their ages.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-01, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "WHO CARES???"
How is the discussion of their sexual prefereance relevant in the slightest?? They could screw goats for all it matters...the game is about winning a race.

With all the obsesive compulsions to out them and others on TV, no wonder those who are gay prefer to keep their orientation a secret.

It isn't anyone's business.

Kim

rEEl_bitEs 20 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-01, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rEEl_bitEs Click to send private message to rEEl_bitEs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I CARE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

HEY,KIM...

1ST,what kim are you?..okay,don't mind..

u know what,kim..i care..i do care if they're GAY..
but this never crossed my mind before, until this topic.
it's such an annoying thought to think about. i don't mind Rob,'cos he 'can' be gay. but not for Brennan. no,no. there's
no-no for him to be a gay. he looked like a nice guy, a
good husband for a wife someday.

by the way, if they ARE what bubbatex thinks they are, i think
maybe ROB WOULD BE THE ONE THAT STANDS OUT AND PROTECTED
FOR BRENNAN. Brennan looked like he agreed with rob all the time..

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-30-01, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""

>Number 1, how many poor lawyers
>you know? Poor enough
>that they'd have to get
>a roommate just to afford
>a place...

I'm a lawyer, and I can tell you that when you finish law school AND take the Bar you are dead broke. It's not uncommon or weird at all to find two young attorneys still living with roommates.

earcpa 16 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail earcpa Click to send private message to earcpa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
I don't really have a guess on their sexual orientation, but I would doubt they are in a relationship based on how well they are getting along. Anyone who has travelled with a significant other knows how stressful that it. The fact that these guys never argue seem more an indication that they have no strong emotional bond than that they care deeply for each other.

Maybe I'm wrong, but TAR is travelling in the most highly-stressed mode I can imagine. I think if they were together they would be acting more like Frank and Margarita.

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-01, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-01 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

>I don't really have a guess
>on their sexual orientation, but
>I would doubt they are
>in a relationship based on
>how well they are getting
>along. Anyone who has
>travelled with a significant other
>knows how stressful that it.
>The fact that these guys
>never argue seem more an
>indication that they have no
>strong emotional bond than that
>they care deeply for each
>other.
>
>Maybe I'm wrong, but TAR is
>travelling in the most highly-stressed
>mode I can imagine.
>I think if they were
>together they would be acting
>more like Frank and Margarita.
>

Earcpa, you have a point. It has always struck me as amazing how civilized R&B are towards each other and everyone else in the contest. I'd add however that a couple that has just started dating or newly in love tends to behave similarly too.
R&B have an inordinate amount of social grace, can't imagine what it's like when they actually bicker (LOL).

claygroney 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail claygroney Click to send private message to claygroney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
you've got to be kidding. theres no way brennan or rob are gay.

11-30-01, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
>you've got to be kidding. theres
>no way brennan or rob
>are gay.

I agree, but what are your arguments?

JinkyPop 5 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-01, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JinkyPop Click to send private message to JinkyPop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
Ahh yes... young love is such a grand and wonderful thing, especially when it is shared between two young handsome males. Did you see the way they stared into each other's eyes adoringly at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, a.k.a. The City of Love - or how Brennan put his arm around Rob in the back of the taxi cab to hold his young lover closer to him... or the romantic boat ride through the lake... ahh if only Rob was holding a pink parasol, it would have been perfect. These two never argue because they are soul mates for each other. They work as a team because they are already reading each other's thoughts before they make a singular decision. They are role models for all the other players, especially Frank and Margarita who love to bicker on and off about the pettiest things. If you notice the other players who have been eliminated from the game thus far, they all argued with each other without any hint of understanding for the other person's thoughts or feelings.

Team Guido are a bunch of tired old queens who rely on cheating and being devious to get ahead in life. They will soon discover that this will not be enough to carry them all the way through life when they lose this game and go home empty handed with nothing but an empty Judy Garland CD case and a plate of crow to be eaten.

When Rob and Brennan win the million dollars, they will splurge it on a huge celebration at Fire Island, followed by the opening of their new club, "Manheat" with special guest singers Liza Minelli and Cher to help kick off the celebrations. I will be there with bells on to congratulate them.

And as for their decision to practice the law, more power to them to fulfill their lifelong dream and get that treaty ratified where gay marriages will finally become legally recognized in this flawed, but wonderful country!

Yours sincerely,
Lainie Kazan

12-02-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rob & Brennan - Just Friends? or "Friends""
Here, here Lainie !!!!!! Beautiful letter, but my question to you is, when are you recording a new album?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •