The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hey Sean, how's the Saturn?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-02, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hey Sean, how's the Saturn?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-02 AT 01:27 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 09:59 PM (EST)

I decided to start a new thresd since one of the vidcap thresds has turned into a PTTE discussion and the other one is focused on the walk to TC and the IN discussions, plus the challenge spec thresd is a general discussion about IC's and does not pertain to this week.

So, this thresd is to discuss the RC, which I believe Sean wins based on the vidcaps......

First, these two caps came from the original preview....

>

>

...notice the clothing and buff placement....as I will show these pictures were most likely taken post RC back at camp. Notice that Sean's right arm is partially obscured by Kathy, but you can't see his buff anywhere. Therefore, it is possible and likely taht the he is eitehr not wearing a buff or it is on his right arm in an area we can't see because of kathy being in the way.... kathy and heleN have their buffs on as headbands....also pay attention to the clothes Vee and Pappy are wearing.

Also make note of how happy they all are in the pics....it looks like P/V are responding to something off camera, most likely the celebration scene between K/S/N.

Now some pics from the challenge itself.....

Okay, I posted these to show that the clothing is exactly the same from the at-camp pics.

So, why am i sure that the first set of pics is after the challenge and not before it...first of all, the mood is way too loose to be pre-challenge. Second of all, the huggin scene between S/N/K is not your typical hello were in the love tribe hug we see every morning...its celebratory.

Now, why do I think Sean is the winner since it looks like he is hugging kathy just as much as she is hugging him....well, i think the clue is that heleN is hugging Sean and not kathy. Also, we all know that Sean is the funny one in the cast and the off camera reaction of V/P is more likely as a result of something Sean said or did as opposed to Kathy.

As for the challenge itself, there are too many elements involved to try and determine clues from the caps, other than the cap of Pap's tiki falling over.

Edited to change one sentence that I had incorrect

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hey Sean, how's the Saturn? George Tirebiter 05-14-02 1
   Kathy's shirt Spidey 05-14-02 2
   The shirt is OLD shakes the clown 05-14-02 3
       RE: The shirt is OLD George Tirebiter 05-14-02 4
       RE: The shirt is OLD PagongRatEater 05-14-02 5
       RE: The shirt is OLD true 05-14-02 7
       RE: The shirt is OLD FesterFan1 05-14-02 10
           RE: The shirt is OLD -- Yes it is (... ulalame 05-15-02 20
       Pat's shirt? MeToo 05-15-02 26
 RE: Hey NELEH, how's the Saturn? Napalm in the Morning 05-14-02 6
   RE: Hey NELEH, how's the Saturn? PagongRatEater 05-14-02 9
   Napalm gets flamed shakes the clown 05-14-02 11
       RE: Napalm gets flamed Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 14
           RE: Napalm gets flamed shakes the clown 05-15-02 16
               RE: Napalm gets flamed Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 17
                   Scoreboard! shakes the clown 05-15-02 18
                       RE: Scoreboard! Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 21
                           RE: Scoreboard! shakes the clown 05-15-02 25
                   RE: Napalm gets flamed Naked 05-15-02 19
                       NAKED gets it! Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 22
                   RE: Napalm gets flamed shakes the clown 05-15-02 24
               The Clown is WRONG! Dianetic 05-16-02 41
       RE: Napalm gets flamed Naked 05-15-02 15
 RE: Hey Sean, how's the Saturn? diamond 05-14-02 8
 RE: Hey Sean, how's the Saturn? FesterFan1 05-14-02 12
 If you insist PAGONRAT EATER Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 13
   Can this please stop? toddE 05-15-02 27
   RE: If you insist PAGONRAT EATER NightScribe 05-15-02 28
       How old are we here???? ycartdraw 05-15-02 29
           RE: How old are we here???? BMH 05-15-02 30
           RE: How old are we here???? Ayla 05-16-02 39
       You are absolutely right. Napalm in the Morning 05-15-02 31
           Comment AyaK 05-15-02 32
           Stay down Rocky, stay down........ shakes the clown 05-15-02 33
   One final reply AyaK 05-16-02 38
 Napalm received unfair treatment JeffGator 05-15-02 34
   Gator... shakes the clown 05-15-02 35
   Napalm received something alright bergdogg 05-15-02 36
   RE: Napalm received unfair treatmen... corcam 05-15-02 37
 Spoiling sorgee 05-16-02 40
   A tale of two cities.... Lisapooh 05-16-02 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-02, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hey Sean, how's the Saturn?"
shakes, what about this shot from TDT?

I certainly don't remember seeing Kathy or anyone else wearing a turtleneck like that. . . certainly easy to believe it might've been waiting for her in her new SUV, isn't it?

GT

I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I bet I'd be just darling at it. - Dorothy Parker

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Kathy's shirt"
I just can't figure out why in the world they would give her a new shirt with 3 days to go. Unless the reward is the car and a trip into town to go shopping?

I like Shake's analysis of the photo. And Sean winning such a physical RC is by no means a stretch. (Plus I would like to see him win the car. I am sure he could use it on his schoolteacher's salary!)

05-14-02, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The shirt is OLD"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

>

...GT, look how beat up that shirt is....check out the left elbow area, it looks like the before picture from an Tide commercial. No way that's a new shirt.....more likely we just haven't seen it yet, much like Pappy's dark blue long sleeve shirt that made its first (and maybe only) appearance midway through the show.

Also, does anyone know (I don't remember) if kathy has been featured in any other sweatshirt type of clothing....they are all allowed to bring one such type of shirt and since it is the thing they will be wearing the least often (only for cold weather) it is not out of the question to think that we simply haven't seen it yet even though its been there the whole time.

Edited to say that it looks like Vee is also wearing a sweat shirt we haven't seen yet.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The shirt is OLD"
You could be right, shakes--but then. . . everything that woman wears looks unsavory! (think PigPen. . .)

I do recall Sean wearing something long and dark, and it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they all had something warm to fall back on.

GT

Predestination was doomed from the beginning.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The shirt is OLD"
GREAT catch Shakes. Looks like Sean just got to upgrade his ride. As to the shirts, take a look at S/V apparel. The same clip shows Sean and Vee also wearing non-typical clothing. We have not seen many cool weather days and these are probably the clothes they brought for exactly this type of occasion (the weather, not Sean's victory).

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The shirt is OLD"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

I agree the shirt looks too dirty and worn to be new. I seem to recall Kathy in a long sleeeve shirt before . If I have time, I will try to hunt it down. As I recall, she was required to wear long sleeeves, and long pants to her meeting with Rob, in the merge episode. Maybe that's where I remember seeing it.

I came to the same conclusions you did about the RC, again based on Neleh hugging Sean in the picture. The caps of Sean show him on stilts, I don't remember him doing very well with them, but he should blow the others away in a physical race. (as long as he doesn't have to do any diving)

edited to add-

ok, not the shirt seen in episode 7. Then again, I dont think it's a new shirt either.

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The shirt is OLD"
I'm pretty certain that Kathy was wearing the white(ish) long-sleeve shirt in E11 the morning after her son spent the night in camp. Perhaps Pat brought it and took the nasty blue one with him?

In any event, it's not new (at least this week, anyway).

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-15-02, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The shirt is OLD -- Yes it is (photo evidence)"
Kathy had the white shirt when her son was in town.

Kudos to quartzeye over at Surviiivor.com for the caps.

Here they are, in the original

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-15-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Pat's shirt?"
Is it possible that son Pat left her a clean shirt? It does look awefully big for her - does anybody have any old vidcaps from this?

MeToo

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-14-02, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hey NELEH, how's the Saturn?"
WOW, Shakes! That is a ton of speculation over some vid caps. I believe you are really stretching, but maybe not as much as my theory that NELEH wins the RC based on her DREAM CONFESSION VIDEO.

Plus, you could make many of the same assumptions you did above, and conclude that NELEH wins the RC.

Finally, NELEH is the only one who has NOT won a challenge since the post merge. We know that EPMB likes to "handicap" the challenges so the "weak" have the best chance.

Regardless, I don't believe the RC winner will prove to be harmful to anyone. Actually, it might hurt Kathy who has already one IC and two RC's. She would then appear to be the biggest challenge threat. However, we are 99% sure she wins the IC this week. Thus, she WILL be the biggest threat going into the F4.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hey NELEH, how's the Saturn?"
Speculation is groundless theory with no basis in fact. This is good solid spoiling. Looking at the vid-caps, you really can't say that they indicate a win by anyone else. Obviously there is a chance that they are not congratulating Sean, but the likelihood is much higher that they are. Given the evidence, the fact that they are wearing the same clothese and looking at the clips - the deduction should be that Sean wins. This is not speculation, but it is not knowledge either - it is a strong hypothesis with the facts to back it up.

If you think the clips show something else. Tell us what it is rather than your random speculation about a dream Neleh had that did not even make the show.

05-14-02, 11:49 PM (EST)
11. "Napalm gets flamed"
>WOW, Shakes! That is a
>ton of speculation over some
>vid caps. I believe
>you are really stretching,

....this the amongst the dumbest comments I've read on the spoiler board this season. Congrats Napalm, you've stumbled into teh exclusive club occupied by such spoiling legends as mararotu, oGenesis, and rudeawakening.

Word of advice, if you're going to tell me or anyone that their theory is "really stretching it" at least have to the guts to, oh I don't know, give an actual reason.

WORST. POST. EVER.

05-15-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Napalm gets flamed"
WORST. POST. EVER.

Your "flame" is about as weak as your RC challenge winner theory, your spelling, and your grammar.

I didn't want to waste my time with the obvious, but here is the actual reason why your SPECULATIONS are lame.

Even if you are right, it won't be due to your SPECULATIONS. As SB said, "even a broken clock is right" sometimes.

05-15-02, 01:17 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Napalm gets flamed"
>Your "flame" is about as weak
>as your RC challenge winner
>theory, your spelling, and your
>grammar.

....Rule #1 on the internet = ripping on someone because of their spelling or grammar on a friggen message board is the equivalent of saying that you have no real merits to dispute the actual content of that person's post. If you were here longer than about a week you would know that I don't waste my time proof reading my posts for grammar and spelling errors cause I'm not an anal retentive loser who actually gives a sh!t about crap like that.

>
>I didn't want to waste my
>time with the obvious, but
>here is the actual reason
>why your SPECULATIONS are lame.

....yeah, I read your post and you say NOTHING to debunk my theory, only that it contains elements of speculation. Well, hate to let you in on a little trade secret, but about 80% of all spoiling is based on speculation. However, there are different types of speculation....speculation that one pulls out of his/her ass without having a single piece of evidence to back it up and two, speculation that is fueled by spoiler evidence such as cast interviews, spoiler rumors, and get this, VID CAPS.

Virtually every single spoiling decision we have made this season has involved speculation, whether it be at a small level such as SPECULATING that Peter was getting voted out because he wasn't in the picture of Maramuu walking to IC from ep #2 to far reaching speculation that helped some of us (including me thank you very much) figure out that Hunter was getting teh boot in ep#3.

I seem to remember Patricia saying in her CBS chat that she was cheering for Hunter to win the million.....and then I went ahead and did something crazy and SPECULATED that Pat was a bitter ass who was trying to play MB and screw with us by misleadsing us into thinking that Hunter stuck around for awhile. Therefore, because of my SPECULATION abilities I was able to predict that Hunter got the boot that week.

I also remember a series of vidcaps where all we had for the challenge was a picture of Zoe on what looked like stilts....yet based on that one vidcap several people were able to accurately SPECULATE that the IC was stilt fighting.

There are a million more examples I could pull out to make you look stupid since every single prediction made on this board has involved some level of speculation, but I think I've more than adequately made my point.

>
>
>Even if you are right, it
>won't be due to your
>SPECULATIONS. As SB said,
>"even a broken clock is
>right" sometimes.

.....if the RC turns out as I say it will according to the vidcaps then you'll make yourself look like even more of an ignorant ass if you continue to assert that I was just lucky.

P.S. I accept apologies in written and song form.

P.P.S Robert Duvall sucks and Deer Hunter was a much better Vietnam war movie.

05-15-02, 02:00 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Napalm gets flamed"
Shakes,

It's a total waste of my time trying to debate someone with obvious low self-esteem. In addition, it's obvious you insist on having the final word. So, before you do, please know this will be the last post I make addressed to you.

I could totally rip to shreds what you just posted above, but I refuse to waste SB's time and space proving what an obvious CLOWN you really are. (You do that fine yourself.) So, I will just refer you and everyone else to your own words regarding your own speculations:

QUOTE: "it really helps those of us that screwed up in seeing exactly where we made our mistakes."

I love the smell of Napalm in the Morning . . . smells like, victory.

05-15-02, 02:10 AM (EST)
18. "Scoreboard!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-02 AT 02:12 AM (EST)

>It's a total waste of my
>time trying to debate someone
>with obvious low self-esteem.

..wow, you sure showed me.....just one question, with such an amazing and accurate psychological evaluation don't I at least get a script for some Xanex?

>I could totally rip to shreds
>what you just posted above,
>but I refuse to waste
>SB's time and space proving
>what an obvious CLOWN you
>really are. (You do
>that fine yourself.)

...once again, put me right in my place. Damn, I might never show up here again out of shame.

So,
>I will just refer you
>and everyone else to your
>own words regarding your own
>speculations:
>
QUOTE: "it really helps those of us that screwed up in seeing exactly where we made our mistakes."

...thank you, I knew it would only be a matter of sentences before you showed everyone what a complete and utter moron you are. So, let me get this straight, because I don't have a PERFECT record this season I don't know what I'm talking about?

Just for the record, and not that I'm keeping track, let's just take a review of the back of my Shakestheclown Topps trading card...

SURVIVOR 3 STATS

Boot Record = 9 correct, 2 incorrect.
SB Spoiler Island = Rank #6 out of over 6000.
Yahoo Pick'em = Rank #134 out of 90,000.

Hey Napalm, what's on the back of your card, besides the smell of stale chewing gum?

BTW, you've been dismissed.

05-15-02, 02:35 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Scoreboard!"
>Just for the record, and not that I'm keeping track, let's
>just take a review of the back of my Shakestheclown Topps trading card...

>SURVIVOR 3 STATS
>
>Boot Record = 9 correct, 2 incorrect.
>SB Spoiler Island = Rank #6 out of over 6000.
>Yahoo Pick'em = Rank #134 out of 90,000.

Dear SB,

I'm very sorry, but I couldn't resist correcting my position that the CLOWN has low self-esteem. Obviously not with those incredible Survivor 3 stats he proudly posts for all to see.

ALL HAIL THE CLOWN!!

BTW, in case you don't recognize sarcasm, I was a great golfer last year too. Please feel free to SPECULATE what I mean.

As KOKORO eloquently states, "Now let us never speak of S3 again."

05-15-02, 10:52 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Scoreboard!"
> Obviously not with those
>incredible Survivor 3 stats he
>proudly posts for all to
>see.

....oops, meant to say Survivor 4, but I'm sure everyone realized that.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Napalm gets flamed"
Napalm,

Too far on that one...

There is no reason to be insulting to anyone around here. For any reason...

Shakes has come up with, In my oppinion, a more than valid "speculation" that Sean wins the RC. I also concur, that to look at this an any other way that you would have to be an IDIOT

Let's look at Facts, and then make some speculation based on them.

1. Sean is around 6'0 tall, and is VERY physically fit.
2. Nelleh looks to be about 5'4, and is as skinny as a rail.
3. We have several pictures showing that this is a physical
challenge.
4. Sean has done well in almost all of the physical challenges.
5. Nelleh has not.
6. Pics show that there is an RC congratulatory hug between Sean (The physically fit one), and Nelleh, (the string bean not-so-fit wannabe sweetheart)

Ok, I know it is hard, but 2+2 = ...

Shout to Shakes.....
It is probably better to not have a battle of wits with those who are unarmed....

I did like Apocolips Now better than Deer Hunter though...

05-15-02, 02:46 AM (EST)
22. "NAKED gets it!"
There is no reason to be insulting to anyone around here. For any reason...

Ummm, you DO mean SHAKES, don't you?

Let's look at Facts, and then make some speculation based on them.

It would definitely be a change from what the CLOWN posted.

1. Sean is around 6'0 tall, and is VERY physically fit.
2. Nelleh looks to be about 5'4, and is as skinny as a rail.
3. We have several pictures showing that this is a physical challenge.
4. Sean has done well in almost all of the physical challenges.
5. Nelleh has not.
6. Pics show that there is an RC congratulatory hug between Sean (The physically fit one), and Nelleh, (the string bean not-so-fit wannabe sweetheart).

Now THIS, is MUCH better. I now think I'm leaning towards SEAN as the RC winner. Thanks NAKED!!

05-15-02, 10:50 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Napalm gets flamed"

>In addition, it's obvious you
>insist on having the final
>word. So, before you
>do, please know this will
>be the last post I
>make addressed to you

.....I guess we all know ow that Napalm's word is about as reliable as Pappys.

Dianetic 618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "The Clown is WRONG!"
>P.P.S Robert Duvall sucks and Deer
>Hunter
was a much better
>Vietnam war movie.

Deer Hunter is more of a post-Vietnam movie and isn't really about the war at all. I would say the best Vietnam war movie would have to be Platoon. It depicts the war realistically without getting involved in Brando' weirdness.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Napalm gets flamed"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-02 AT 02:21 AM (EST)

Shakes,

I agree with you completely that Sean wins the RC. I have been saying that he would win a multichallenge hands down since last Thursday.

Coupled with the picture proof, Who could it be but Sean?

To not pick Sean to win this would be like not picking Nelleh to win an "annoying your tibe" challenge.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-02, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hey Sean, how's the Saturn?"
shakes, I completely agree that the caps must be post-RC, because of the clothing and buff placement. Sean's buff was near his elbow in the running cap, so it's definitely behind Kathy or taken off, like you said. However, I remember that many people thought Robert would win the kite-flying challenge based on a vidcap of him hugging John, which seemed to indicate that he was celebrating a win. But of course, he didn't win, and the hug ended up being unrelated to the RC.

Clearly, since the caps are post-RC, it makes it more likely that the hug has something to do with the RC, but I still think it's as likely that it is Sean who wins as it is one of the others. They often seem to hug for many other reasons in addition to winning challenges. Also, a group hug with people moving around could give the impression that the hug is more "directed" at one person when we see only one frame. Do we have any other caps from the sequence, or has anyone actually seen the video?

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hey Sean, how's the Saturn?"
Another point to consider is this quote from the SeeBS Misdirection thread:

"While one castaway celebrates jubilantly, Paschal is less than pleased after arriving at an important determination about two tribemates."

Sure the "jubilant" celebration could very well be Kathy celebrating her immunity, but I'm guessing if someone just won a new car, they might have occasion to crow a bit. And who would crow more than Sean, the underdog, winning his first SOLO challenge and getting a new ride out of the deal?

The minute I read that, I thought "Sean wins a car".

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

05-15-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
13. "If you insist PAGONRAT EATER"
If you think the clips show something else. Tell us what it is rather than your random speculation about a dream Neleh had that did not even make the show.

If you insist PAGONRATEATER . . . allow me to dissect (and correct a few misspelled words along the way):

So, this thread is to discuss the RC, which I believe Sean wins based on the vidcaps......

First, these two caps came from the original preview....

...notice the clothing and buff placement....as I will show these pictures were most likely taken post RC back at camp. Notice that Sean's right arm is partially obscured by Kathy, but you can't see his buff anywhere. Therefore, it is possible and likely that he is either not wearing a buff or it is on his right arm in an area we can't see because of kathy being in the way....

It's OBVIOUS he's wearing the buff on his right elbow in vid cap 32 below, and his right elbow is behind Kathy's head in vid cap 01 above. Therefore, to suggest he is "not wearing a buff" is SPECULATION, although he corrects himself in the same sentence by saying the buff "is on his right arm in an area we can't see."

Maybe he took it off. Maybe it's on his knee. The point is, WHO CARES?!!

kathy and heleN have their buffs on as headbands....also pay attention to the clothes Vee and Pappy are wearing.

OK! They are the same damn clothes. We get it!!

Also make note of how happy they all are in the pics....it looks like P/V are responding to something off camera, most likely the celebration scene between K/S/N.

I suppose you call this "a strong hypothesis with the facts to back it up"? IMO, this is MAJOR SPECULATION. (If anything, it appears they are reacting to something happening at Vee's feet.)

Now some pics from the challenge itself.....

Okay, I posted these to show that the clothing is exactly the same from the at-camp pics.

GREAT! It is established they are the same clothes. Yippee!

So, why am i sure that the first set of pics is before the challenge and not after it...first of all, the mood is way too loose to be pre-challenge.

I suppose this is another example of "a strong hypothesis with the facts to back it up"? Sorry PagonRatEater, this is pure SPECULATION.

In fact, he completely contradicts himself. On the one hand he says "the first set of pics is before the challenge and not after it." In the next sentence he says "the mood is way too loose to be pre-challenge." In essence, he saying the mood does not match the pictures!!

However, I have "a strong hypothesis" he means the vid caps are after the challenge based on his other SPECULATIONS.

Therefore, I will play devil's advocate here and say they would only be this happy and relaxed BEFORE the RC, not after when they may be tired and/or individually bummed they did not win.

(For the record, I do believe they are post RC based more on the campfire near Pappy's feet than their mood.)

Second of all, the huggin scene between S/N/K is not your typical hello were in the love tribe hug we see every morning...its celebratory.

Once again, absolute SPECULATION. Tell me what "facts" would make this a "strong hypothesis."

Now, why do I think Sean is the winner since it looks like he is hugging kathy just as much as she is hugging him....well, i think the clue is that heleN is hugging Sean and not kathy.

Who's to say Neleh didn't just take her left arm away from Kathy instead? Once again, this is SPECULATION!

Also, we all know that Sean is the funny one in the cast and the off camera reaction of V/P is more likely as a result of something Sean said or did as opposed to Kathy.

Do I need to say SPECULATION again?!! Unless Sean is laying down at Vee's feat and farting, we can't assume they are reacting to him.

As for the challenge itself, there are too many elements involved to try and determine clues from the caps, other than the cap of Pap's tiki falling over.

FINALLY, "a strong hypothesis with the facts to back it up." The facts being, "there are too many elements involved to try and determine clues from the caps."

I would argue similarly that there are too FEW elements involved to try and determine clues from the "post RC" vid caps!

The hypothesis that this was post RC should have been limited to the clothes. Everything else is PURE SPECULATION!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Can this please stop?"
I mean really, Shakes has a proven record and should let this go. Napalm as well, it's just a TV show and we just cruise these boards for fun. No need to get all pissed and stressy.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: If you insist PAGONRAT EATER"
Napalm: You have essentially turned a decent speculation thread into a freakin' pissing contest that you will never win. Speculation is what we do around here, plain and simple. Shakes' intent here was obvious - to speculate about the winner of the RC. For whatever reason, you have found it necessary to argue a moot point. Speculation based on logic and limited evidence is really the best any of us can do (well, those of us without inside info). For you to take this opportunity to flex your "spoiling prowess" is annoying and unproductive. We have less than a week of Survivor left, which means we need to sift through the crap and get down to business. Please do not add anymore crap to this otherwise helpful thread. Thank you.

p.s. I agree that Sean wins the RC based on the speculation and vidcap evidence presented in this thread.

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-15-02, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "How old are we here????"
Seriously guys, this has been the most rediculous thread I have ever seen. First of all Napalm, I think you need to look up the word Speculation in the dictionary. It seems you have a different definition in you head than the rest of us. The whole point is to bring all opinions together and try to come to a conclusion as to what comes next. But regardless of who is right or wrong, both of you guys (Napalm AND Shakes) need to grow up or get a life. If you get this upset over a tv show and not having the same opinion on the subject, you need to take a few minutes to breath and realize, who gives a s@#$!!!! And don't waste 30 minutes or more of peoples time trying to read past you guys' bickering to get the spoiling material!! We actually have better things to do than listen to childish squabble!!

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: How old are we here????"
I agree completly ycartdraw..this thread is crazy..SB is for spoiling survivor and now ppl are arguing about the most stupidest things..Shakes was purely throwing some speculation out for us to work with..Napalm u need to get a grip

Ayla 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ayla Click to send private message to Ayla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: How old are we here????"
In the words of Claire Fisher, from Six Feet Under, "Oh just take out your d*cks and measure them so we can get this over with!"

05-15-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
31. "You are absolutely right."
NightScribe, ycartdraw, and BMH you are absolutely right, and I sincerely apologize for wasting SB space and time.

However, for the record, I simply pointed out my opinion that I believe Shakes speculated quite a bit on the vid caps, which was followed up by the RatEater's challenge to explain myself.

It was my intention to have a intellectual debate regarding the vid caps, but instead I received this note from Shakes:

"....this the amongst the dumbest comments I've read on the spoiler board this season. Congrats Napalm, you've stumbled into teh exclusive club occupied by such spoiling legends as mararotu, oGenesis, and rudeawakening.

Word of advice, if you're going to tell me or anyone that their theory is "really stretching it" at least have to the guts to, oh I don't know, give an actual reason.

WORST. POST. EVER."

Add to that RatEater's comments that "speculation is groundless theory with no basis in fact. . . This is not speculation, but it is not knowledge either - it is a strong hypothesis with the facts to back it up."

I think you can see why a response was necessary.

Finally, since I have always noticed the CLOWN thinks he's God's ordained minister of S4 spoiling, and spends quite a bit of time "flaming" others who might have legitimate questions, I felt it was time someone put the court jester in his/her/it's place.

Obviously, I got to the CLOWN who can give it, but can't take it. I just hope he considers having a piece of humble pie as SB served in the recent past.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Comment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-02 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Napalm...

shakes has a special place on SBlows. We have given him a lot of freedom because he has shown before that he can be trusted with it.

Basically, unless we have a tip (like we received from Snewser this week), all of our posts are informed speculation. As shakes noted, they often begin with vidcaps.

Anyway, if you want to pick another fight with shakes, please take it somewhere outside SB.

05-15-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
33. "Stay down Rocky, stay down........"
>It was my intention to have
>a intellectual debate regarding the
>vid caps, but instead I
>received this note from Shakes:
>

...oh yeah, an intellectual debate based on your well thought out and presented theory that I was "stretching it"....nothing else, no reasoning, no explanation, nothing. I guess it doesn't take much to qualify as an intellectual in your world.

>Finally, since I have always noticed
>the CLOWN thinks he's God's
>ordained minister of S4 spoiling,

...I give God NO credit for my stellar record this season...it was all me.

>and spends quite a bit
>of time "flaming" others who
>might have legitimate questions

.....I'll tell you what, let's have a "loser leaves town" type of match. You come up with ONE example where I have "flamed others who might have legitimate questions" and I vow that I will NEVER post on this board again. If you can't come up with one tiny little example, you take the same vow...only this time you have to mean it unlike earlier today in this very thresd where you PROMISED never to post on this thresd again....since that empty declaration you have posted here at least three times.

, I
>felt it was time someone
>put the court jester in
>his/her/it's place.

....who are you fooling other than yourself? I had a tougher time sparring with Skierdude than with you.

>
>Obviously, I got to the CLOWN
>who can give it, but
>can't take it.

.....I think the veteran members of this board would agree that I have "taken it" more than anybody here, and that I "take it" just as well as I give it.

BTW, feel free to come back to this thresd anytime you feel like gatting beaten down like the prison b!tch you are.

And no I don't mind that this thresd has been hijacked....I'm so confident in the theory that I don't think it really needs anymore substantive discussion anyway.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "One final reply"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-02 AT 00:49 AM (EST)

Since no one has replied substantively to Napalm's logic here, and since two of our newer posters think that Napalm has been treated unfairly, I'll reply to this (even though I disagree about any unfairness)...

>...notice the clothing and buff placement....as
>I will show these pictures were most likely taken post
>RC back at camp. Notice that Sean's right arm is
>partially obscured by Kathy, but you can't see his
>buff anywhere. Therefore, it is possible and likely that
>he is either not wearing a buff
or it is
>on his right arm in an area we can't see
>because of kathy being in the way....
>
>It's OBVIOUS he's wearing the buff
>on his right elbow in vid cap 32 below, and
>his right elbow is behind Kathy's head in vid cap
>01 above. Therefore, to suggest he is "not wearing a
>buff" is SPECULATION, although he corrects himself in the same
>sentence by saying the buff "is on his right arm
>in an area we can't see."

Actually, shakes is doing no such thing. Since shakes hasn't introduced the second set of vidcaps yet, he's pointing out the alternatives. This is basic stuff.

>Maybe he took it off. Maybe it's on his knee.
> The point is, WHO CARES?!!

We care, because the vidcaps are often the only clues that we have. This type of analysis -- trying to fit the pictures to a scenario -- is what the BEST "spoilers" do. If Sean were wearing his buff as a headband in the RC shots, then shakes' theory would be much weaker.

> kathy and heleN have their buffs on as headbands....also pay
>attention to the clothes Vee and Pappy are wearing.

>
>OK! They are the same damn clothes. We get it!!

But that, of course, is crucial to the argument. shakes is starting with nothing except for some pictures from different spots in the promos (note the sequence numbers) and is proving that they relate to one another.

>Also make note of how happy they all are in the
>pics....it looks like P/V are responding to something off camera,
>most likely the celebration scene between K/S/N.

>
>I suppose you call this "a strong hypothesis with the facts
>to back it up"? IMO, this is MAJOR SPECULATION.
> (If anything, it appears they are reacting to something
>happening at Vee's feet.)

Napalm, you're completely right about this -- it's a guess. It doesn't add anything to the theory. So let's go on....

>Okay, I posted these to show that the clothing is exactly
>the same from the at-camp pics.
>
>GREAT! It is established they are
>the same clothes. Yippee!

As I've pointed out before, this is a VERY important point. If it bores you, then ignore the threads with vidcap analysis ... but you'll miss out on some of the best spoiling.

>So, why am i sure that the first set of pics
>is before the challenge and not after it...first of all,
>the mood is way too loose to be pre-challenge.

>
>I suppose this is another example of "a strong hypothesis with
>the facts to back it up"? Sorry PagonRatEater, this
>is pure SPECULATION.
>
>In fact, he completely contradicts himself. On the one hand
>he says "the first set of pics is before the
>challenge and not after it." In the next sentence
>he says "the mood is way too loose to be
>pre-challenge." In essence, he saying (sic) the mood does not
>match the pictures!!
>
>However, I have "a strong hypothesis" he means the vid caps
>are after the challenge based on his other SPECULATIONS.

shakes' comment that this is "before" the challenge, not "after" it, is obviously a typo (which shakes ignores with reckless glee). And I disagree with your characterization of this comment. This is INFORMED speculation. If you've watched Survivor for a while, you know that these people are usually tenser than a coiled spring before the challenges; they only relax afterward.

>Therefore, I will play devil's advocate here and say they would
>only be this happy and relaxed BEFORE the RC, not
>after when they may be tired and/or individually bummed they
>did not win.

This is an OK argument, but can you give me an example of a time when the survivors were relaxed/congratulatory BEFORE a challenge? I can't think of any. Instead, everyone congratulates the winner ... and then goes off to bitch to their friends.

>(For the record, I do believe they are post RC based
>more on the campfire near Pappy's feet than their mood.)

Well, good.

>Second of all, the huggin scene between S/N/K is not your
>typical hello were in the love tribe hug we see
>every morning...its celebratory.

>
>Once again, absolute SPECULATION. Tell me what "facts"
>would make this a "strong hypothesis."

Here's one -- they are wearing their buffs (or, at least, Neleh and Kathy definitely are and Sean probably is). It's logical to conclude that the celebration is related to the reward -- Occam's Razor applies.

>Now, why do I think Sean is the winner since it
>looks like he is hugging kathy just as much as
>she is hugging him....well, i think the clue is that
>heleN is hugging Sean and not kathy.

>
>Who's to say Neleh didn't just take her left arm away
>from Kathy instead? Once again, this is SPECULATION!

Yeah ... but isn't Kathy holding on to Sean's hand? That seems very inconsistent with your claim that Kathy was hugging Neleh to congratulate her. The only way I can read this picture is as Neleh and Kathy hugging Sean.

>Also, we all know that Sean is the funny one in
>the cast and the off camera reaction of V/P is
>more likely as a result of something Sean said or
>did as opposed to Kathy.

>
>Do I need to say SPECULATION again?!! Unless Sean is
>laying down at Vee's feat (sic) and farting, we can't assume
>they are reacting to him.

Agreed ... and even if they are reacting to Sean, that doesn't mean that he won. But why else would Kathy and Neleh hug him after the challenge?

>As for the challenge itself, there are too many elements involved
>to try and determine clues from the caps, other than
>the cap of Pap's tiki falling over.

>
>FINALLY, "a strong hypothesis with the facts to back it up."
> The facts being, "there are too many elements involved
>to try and determine clues from the caps."
>
>I would argue similarly that there are too FEW elements involved
>to try and determine clues from the "post RC" vid caps!

Well, shakes is arguing otherwise. I think he makes a solid argument. It may be wrong, but it's solid based on the little bit that we have to work with. And that's what we do here -- take the little bit that we have and try to put it together to figure out what's going to happen next.

>The hypothesis that this was post RC should have been limited
>to the clothes. Everything else is PURE SPECULATION!

For the reasons stated above, I disagree.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Napalm received unfair treatment"
First off, I agree with Shakes' speculation and will hand it to him that he did a great job. But why the hell is everyone treating Napalm like crap??!!!!?

All Napalm ever said was:

WOW, Shakes! That is a ton of speculation over some vid caps. I believe you are really stretching, but maybe not as much as my theory that NELEH wins the RC based on her DREAM CONFESSION VIDEO.
Plus, you could make many of the same assumptions you did above, and conclude that NELEH wins the RC.
Finally, NELEH is the only one who has NOT won a challenge since the post merge. We know that EPMB likes to "handicap" the challenges so the "weak" have the best chance.
Regardless, I don't believe the RC winner will prove to be harmful to anyone. Actually, it might hurt Kathy who has already one IC and two RC's. She would then appear to be the biggest challenge threat. However, we are 99% sure she wins the IC this week. Thus, she WILL be the biggest threat going into the F4.

All he said was that Shakes was stretching it a little bit. And then he said "maybe not as much as the Neleh Confession video." He didn't say a damn rude thing! All he said was that he wasn't 100% sure he agreed with Shakes' theory, and he did it in a nice way!

But here is the reply Napalm was met with:

....this the amongst the dumbest comments I've read on the spoiler board this season. Congrats Napalm, you've stumbled into teh exclusive club occupied by such spoiling legends as mararotu, oGenesis, and rudeawakening.

WORST. POST. EVER.

People post speculation that gets flamed, but Napalm just says he wasn't sure he believed it, and he gets a beating?!! Maybe if it wasn't Shakes who did it, everyone wouldn't have ganged up on Napalm like that. Shakes is very respected/feared here, but I'm sorry, I don't see anything that Napalm did wrong.

And Shakes you know I'm a very big fan of yours, so I'm definitely not against you and I loved this and your other speculations, but i feel that Napalm has been treated unfairly and it hurts me that no one else is sticking up for him.

Napalm may have said nasty things later on, but it was after he was called an idiot. So anyone here bashing Napalm needs to reread this thread from start to finish in my opinion.

"Vee will win Survivor. Not because she's such a good player - after all, she's aligned with Sean, who is an idiot - but rather because she is lucky."--Richard Hatch in US Weekly

05-15-02, 11:22 PM (EST)
35. "Gator..."
The reason I gave Napalm a little flame at first was not because he didn't agree with my theory, but because he claimed that I was "really stretching it by basing my spec on some vidcaps". He then went on to say that his theories were instead based on analysis of an unseen CBS.com clip and what he claimed was the "knowledge that MB likes to handicap his challenges to favor the weak."

To say that those two methods are better spoiling methods than vidcap analysis was and is amongst the dumbest comments I have ever read on the spoiler board.

Further, he didn't say I was "stretching it a tiny bit" as you claim in your post....he said I was "really stretching it". There's a huge difference. When someone tells me I might be stretching it a bit, I would tend most likely agree with that person since all vidcap spec involves stretching it to some degree. But, when someone tells me that I am really stretching it, that to me means that the person thinks I am completely full of sh!t. That, too, is a fine thing to say to me PROVIDED that you back it up by taking the time to EXPLAIN why I am "really stretching". The veterans on this board will tell you taht I am an open minded spoiler and always (sometimes at the cost of a correct vote) open to changing my mind about a theory if confronted with a new and better way of looking at something.

But, to simply show up an thresd that I obviously took time to think about and prepare and then to basically say that I am full of sh!t and then just walk away you better believe that person is going to hear it from me.

Under those circumstances, Napalm was not treated poorly by me in my original reply, he was treated in exactly the manner that his post warranted.

After that I think you would agree that his next volley of posts were completely ridiculous and irrational and therefore open season for flaming.

That's all I'm gonna say on the subject, and unlike a certain person, when I make that statement I actually mean it.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-15-02, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Napalm received something alright"
I take no sides in this, but the truth is, Nepalm unknowingly said something that lit a fire under the clown and he started a war that has yet to be finished.

I wouldn't have minded if this was ended after another Nepalm reply, but it went on and on and on and on and ........

Plain and simple, it got out of hand. Now, as far as fair treatment goes, that is never going to happen. Shakes has earned his stature here on these boards. He gives great speculation, and he has Reality tv expirience (that was my official Love Cruise plug of the season). Nepalm entered a world that they didn't want to, even though they didn't mean to.

Well, I think this should be added to are rules of the board, more as a warning: BEWARE THE CLOWN!!!

HULK STILL RULES!!!

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-15-02, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Napalm received unfair treatment"
I agree with Jeff Gator on this one...... Napalm recieved unfair treatment, he speculated Shakes thread with a speculation of his own.. there is no need for name calling, if you don't like someone's spec just say I don't agree, this is my opinion or don't say anything at all, there is no need to bite someone's head off.

"Jesus this, Moses that, Abraham hit me with a wiffle ball bat"

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Spoiling"
I am a little disappointed at how the spoiling seems to have fallen by the wayside and a tit-for-tat between Shakes and Napalm have taken up precious energy that could be spent on spoiling.

I'm not going to ask that people not participate in this activity, because I know that sometimes people write really stupid things and they do warrant a response. I would like to ask that people use the email feature and take the bickering offline.

Let's just try to be nice to each other and respectful. If you don't agree with what someone wrote, take it offline UNLESS you think you can add to the thread by posting a reply.

I'm a new poster this season. I try like "heck" to obey the rules. (I have even e-mailed "older" board members BEFORE I POST if I have a question about the relevance of a post.) I have made my sahre of stupid posts(they seemed right at the time). I feel like I do my part to obey the rules of the spoiling/speculation community. I love reading this board.

I try in ernest to read all of the posts so that I can make informed decisions and reply with my own speculation if I feel that I have something to add. Lately I have noticed a lot of bickering that has really IMHO disrupted the flow of a few threads. These disruptions make it really hard for people (especially those of us that are newer to the board)to read all of the threads and add value by posting.

IMHO, if you aren't adding to the value of the thread, then the post is crap. (Yes, you may even want to include this post into that category.)

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "A tale of two cities...."
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I won a car, then I got booted."

from the library of....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •