The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Original Alliances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-02, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Original Alliances"
why is it so hard for anyone to believe that original alliances will hold up this season. I may be the only one to see this but I really dont see a power play with Kathy. if she doesnt win
immunity she's gone leaving the S/V P/N. I think that pascal really has a good chance with the jury moreso than N/S/V. If kathy should win immunity then I see either Sean or Vee getting the boot.Mark hasnt really tried to fool anyone this season except for the mis direction which happens every time.so I see maybe paschal winning or possibly Sean. what do you think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Original Alliances ivoryElephant 05-11-02 1
 RE: Original Alliances Tumbler 05-11-02 2
   RE: Original Alliances westgirl98 05-11-02 3
       RE: Original Alliances Tumbler 05-11-02 4
   RE: Original Alliances katem 05-12-02 7
 Hmmmmm... Tumbler 05-11-02 5
   RE: Hmmmmm... Dreamkumo 05-13-02 17
 Applying the misdirection theory to... PsychoDoc 05-12-02 6
   RE: Applying the misdirection theor... Teddy_Bear 05-12-02 10
 RE: Original Alliances Tumbler 05-12-02 8
   RE: Original Alliances westgirl98 05-12-02 9
       RE: Original Alliances westgirl98 05-13-02 11
       RE: Original Alliances I_AM_HE 05-13-02 15
   RE: Original Alliances mistofleas 05-13-02 14
 RE: Original Alliances steppingrazor42 05-13-02 12
   RE: Original Alliances ConanRDU 05-13-02 13
       RE: Original Alliances spartan 05-13-02 16
           RE: Original Alliances Spidey 05-13-02 18
               RE: Original Alliances Dreamkumo 05-13-02 19
                   RE: Original Alliances spartan 05-13-02 20
           Splitting both alliances MeToo 05-13-02 21
               Rob's influence sorgee 05-14-02 23
           RE: Original Alliances alleyb 05-14-02 22
               RE: Original Alliances Ra_8secs 05-14-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-11-02, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Original Alliances"
> why is it so hard
>for anyone to believe that
>original alliances will hold up
>this season.
Paschal and Neleh broke their alliance with John et al.

I may be
>the only one to see
>this but I really dont
>see a power play with
>Kathy.
She doesn't need a power play. She is already sided with N/P or maybe she is sided with S/V, either way, one of those pairs needs her to eliminate the other and she is defineately bonded with them

if she doesnt win
>
>immunity she's gone leaving the S/V
>P/N.

Not really, one group needs her to eliminate the other, once they get to Three, THEN she must win the final IC

Mark hasnt really tried to
>fool anyone this season except
>for the mis direction which
>happens every time.so I see
>maybe paschal winning or possibly
>Sean. what do you think?

I see either Kathy or Paschal winning, most likely Kathy

Hail Kathy! the Sole survivor!

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-02, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Original Alliances"
Speaking of original alliances westgirl98, here are some tidbits for you. Neleh and Paschal have NEVER voted differently from each other. And EVERY time they’ve voted, the person they voted for left the game. So, basically everything has gone their way, as far as tribal council is concerned. Kathy did have that one stray vote in Ep. 7 for Zoe, however I think that had more to do with Kathy’s promise to Rob that she would not vote for him. The fact that she voted that way proves she can be unpredictable and untrusting, even of Neleh and Paschal. Neleh and Paschal should keep that in mind, but I don’t think they will.

As far as Sean and Vecepia, there is a similar situation. They have voted exactly the same in every episode EXCEPT in Ep. 7 once again, where Vee voted for Rob along with Rotu.

As ivoryElephant pointed out, Paschal and Neleh broke their alliance with the Rotu 4. So along with Vee and Kathy breaking their words in Ep.7, Sean, believe it or not, is the only one left that hasn’t broken his word. (correct me if I don’t remember Sean breaking his word as far as alliances).

We all have to thank The Robfather for making this all possible. If it weren’t for him stirring up suspicions, there would never have been a power shift within the Rotu gang. He really has made this season the best by far. Thanks Rob!

The way I see it, Kathy will get the boot next, or she will take the whole darn thing.

Tumbler

05-11-02, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Original Alliances"
yes maybe but do you see the rotu tribe voting kathy to win the million when they feel she betrayed them or will they think she is the most deserving. I do think neleh is riding paschals coat tails but she is playing the game,as we have said before if she IS in the final 2 with pappy he may very well give it to her because I dont really think he needs the money that badly. I would love to see a final 2 with either 2 males or 2 females because it has never happened. With a K/V i see Kathy winning because the jury doesnt seem that fond of Vee. With P/S the same thing so I see a man and woman in the final 2. I have to agree this is the best survivor yet but I just cant see kathy winning this thing. I still think she is a goner for next week.

05-11-02, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Original Alliances"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-02 AT 10:11 PM (EST)

I see it possible for the Rotu 4 to vote for Kathy to win over Paschal OR Neleh. We were never shown Kathy making any promises to Rotu 4. We were shown Paschal promising John that he would keep his word, and he didn’t.

Here’s another tidbit. Everybody left (the final five), has voted for everybody on the jury, at every tribal council. An obvious alliance, I would say. In other words everyone left has voted against the majority of the jury already. So all is equal there.

Of all of the possible combinations for the final two, I see Kathy and Sean having the best odds. Vecepia has the worst odds. Neleh and Paschal will depend on who their neighbor is.

As far as having two males or two females in the final two, that would be great. We haven’t seen that yet, however I think you are right in that it probably will not be the case.

There is a possibility you are right about Kathy being a goner next week, but like I said earlier, if she’s not, I think we have our winner. Next week sure will be interesting.

Tumbler

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Original Alliances"
> Kathy did have
>that one stray vote in
>Ep. 7 for Zoe, however
>I think that had more
>to do with Kathy’s promise
>to Rob that she would
>not vote for him. The
>fact that she voted that
>way proves she can be
>unpredictable and untrusting, even of
>Neleh and Paschal. Neleh and
>Paschal should keep that in
>mind, but I don’t think
>they will.

I have read other posts similar to this one, but one thing that all of those forgot, including yours Tumbler, is that Kathy felt very betrayed by Zoe. Rob was able to convince Kathy that Zoe was indeed lying to her and that Kathy was the one that was going to be voted out.

I think she gave Zoe that vote, as a way of warning Zoe that she was on to her and that her actions had been hurtful.

As for the "unpredictable and untrusting" comment, I believe that given that a LOT of poeple have lied to her, she should not trust anyone. If you meant to say untrustwhorthy, I have never seen anything of the sort coming from Kathy.

>As ivoryElephant pointed out, Paschal and
>Neleh broke their alliance with
>the Rotu 4. So along
>with Vee and Kathy breaking
>their words in Ep.7, Sean,
>believe it or not, is
>the only one left that
>hasn’t broken his word. (correct
>me if I don’t remember
>Sean breaking his word as
>far as alliances).

Disagree again, I have not seen Kathy break her word to anyone, but I will give you that Sean has indeed been honest to the others.

>We all have to thank The
>Robfather for making this all
>possible. If it weren’t for
>him stirring up suspicions, there
>would never have been a
>power shift within the Rotu
>gang.

Believe it or not, that idiot did serve his purpose, so he get deserved kudos for it. But he is still an idiot.

>The way I see it, Kathy
>will get the boot next,
>or she will take the
>whole darn thing.

Kathy wins

P.S. This is my 400th post, hooray for me

05-11-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
5. "Hmmmmm..."
I just noticed another tidbit while looking at the voting so far. This one could be really interesting to some of you.

Paschal, Neleh AND Vecepia have ALWAYS voted EXACTLY the same since they have been in the same tribe. Every time the person they voted for was ousted…Hmmmmm. Has this been discussed yet?

Tumbler

Dreamkumo 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-02, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dreamkumo Click to send private message to Dreamkumo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Hmmmmm..."
"Paschal, Neleh AND Vecepia have ALWAYS voted EXACTLY the same since they have been in the same tribe. Every time the person they voted for was ousted…Hmmmmm. Has this been discussed yet?"

The way it looks written down makes it seem like there might be something there. But an example of how just voting together in this season doesnt mean you have an alliance with them is when Zoe voted for John. People thought that it seemed like she joined up with Kathy and crew, but she was voted off the next episode proving that just because she voted with them, didnt mean they were allies.

Plus with Vee, she seemed to have an alliance with Rob and Sean up until she voted for Rob. Then it seemed like she joined up with the Rotu 4. But really she just wanted Rob gone because it would get rid of the drama, and I sensed that Vee doesnt like drama, but it just could be me.

And I am a Vee fan (Yes I admit) so I would be the last person to not believe something that would help her!

PsychoDoc 95 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-02, 05:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoDoc Click to send private message to PsychoDoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Applying the misdirection theory to alliances"
I know that this sort of deviates from the actual topic of this thread, but it didn't fit in the episode by episode misdirection.

What we are shown(not counting the recrap) is never what we get, and vice versa.(with more weight to such info if the consequence was primed the previous episode)

My thoughts and inferences in italic

old Maraamu:
*RobM, Sarah, Sean and Vee's vote for Pat. Until it occurred, I saw little indication that the 4 had made some sort of pact and Vee's flip was surprising, to me at least. I had sort of assume that Hunter, Gina, Pat and Vee were together, with 1 couple and an angry non-comformist guy.

*RobM was a dumb construction worker who didn't know that chickens fly and would defer to the smarter Hunter, ie follow Hunter's instructions(stop chasing chickens) as well as his vote(for Peter). But in actual fact, he was the Robfather.

New Rotu:
*Rotu 4 wants to boot Gabe. We see RobM making a play to get Gabe to defect(the actual discussion omited because Gabe refused, so it was strongly implied and the effort was greatly featured.

*Rotu4's plan to Pagong NM then OM. We all know what happened.

New Maraamu:
*Gina's bond with PN featured. She went to PN to c/o Kathy burying the fire. Kathy fretting over a threesome that never existed.
*We are family, we go into the merge together as I unit. The next week, PN were obviously in the bigger unspoken alliance of old Rotu and were unconcerned by the first 4 boots of RM, S, V, K. P's comment of, "So?" to Kathy when she said that they were pawns.

Merge:
*RobM & Kathy. That pact was over even before it came to play.

*R4+2 were together, J's "they are supporting me in my sucess." Also over very quickly. Just prior to that, the my-word fiasco.

*NP's resistance at pagong prevention, I thought that they did not have it in them. Then we saw NPKSV's work before the team.

* KZ "we are best friend" Z seemed to have flipped and partnered K. Didn't happen either.

* R & K to form a couple. Didn't happened.

What's shown:
NP: nothing to question other than who wears the pants. We are told that it was N. Is it really?

SV: Are they? V flipping against Sean and Rob, Sean's comment about Afican Americans together.

K+NP:Suggestion that they are not as tight, so K has to watch her back and plot.think that the 3some will stick together to the end.

SK: Just subtle signs of a strong bond, but not a partner in the million.
SP: Same as SK.
One of these 2 might be the secret alliance we are not shown yet, ie with a KS+V, SP+N F3.

Not shown: This is the everything under the sun, chart-guy-like thing, so I would not speculate this, other than to comment that these pairings are not likely as MB would not repeat the Colby-Tina secret pact again by totally blindsighting the audience.
KP+N, KN+P, KV+S, PV, NV(not with that if-looks-can-kill glare that N gave to V), KV, SN(yeh right), SNV(see my toes laughing)

The only thing I can think of that did not fit this is Vee's 5th wheel position never shown till the recrap. If R4 were sure that Vee was with them, that would explain why they were so cocky, John Can Count. If we were shown, John's boot would be even more unexpected.
Sticking my neck out, could we then infer that the person who betrayed R4 more was not P, but V. Thus the TR vote V, R vote S 'cause he could not vote V.

In Conclusion
I think one of 2 things might happen:
1. KNP will vote of SV to be the final 3.
2. V somehow manages to coast thru to F2by doing a Colby, and the day of reckoning refers to her losing the million 'cause she pulled a Pappy.

Knowing my track recond at spoiling(I have been wrong most if not all of the time), most of it is off the mark. Please feel free to tear this into pieces, as that is the only way I can brush up my non-existant spoiling skills.

Anyway, I'll be getting my witchy board out again for LionChow's contest rather than following this.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-12-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Applying the misdirection theory to alliances"
>The only thing I can think
>of that did not fit
>this is Vee's 5th wheel
>position never shown till the
>recrap. If R4 were sure
>that Vee was with them,
>that would explain why they
>were so cocky, John Can
>Count. If we were shown,
>John's boot would be even
>more unexpected.

PsychoDoc, you are partially correct here; Vee was originally supposed to be the fith member of the ex-Rotu. How that changed to N/P being fith and 6th, respectively was, that Vee--no great surprise here, flip-floped. According to John, his biggest regret was ejecting Vee from the final 5.

This happened because appartly when first approach by John, she agreed to vote with them; then she changed her mind and said that sho could not vote her "friend", the Robfather out; then she changed her mind back, yet again and agreed to vote with the Rotu-4 against him.

Unfortunatly it was--for the ex-Rotu-4--too much, too little, too late; they no longer trusted her--despite her Rob vote, and replaced her with N/P.

>Sticking my neck out, could we
>then infer that the person
>who betrayed R4 more was
>not P, but V. Thus
>the TR vote V, R
>vote S 'cause he could
>not vote V.

I agree with you here PschoDoc, had Vee not done a flip-flop on her initial agreement to vote out Rob M.; J/Z/T/R would not be sitting in the jurybox, but still in the game.

>2. V somehow manages to coast
>thru to F2by doing a
>Colby, and the day of
>reckoning refers to her losing
>the million 'cause she pulled
>a Pappy.

I partially agree with you, again; In Ep. 10, Tammy says to Robert (a.k.a. the General) that "no one has flip-floped more than Vee"--this is where she receives 2 votes.

In Ep. 11, Robert votes for Sean only because InVEEsible has the IN.

In an interview with Robert post-exit; he strongly praises Kathy, Paschal, and Sean (to a far lesser extent), but also wonders "why people only remember the good things" about him (Pappy), and forget about his (Pascal) breaking his (P's) word to John. He is less complimentary about Neleh, whom he refers to as the "true leader" and (I could be wrong about this) a schemer. He expresses the most contempt for Vee--"she knows where her bread is buttered."

It looks to me that the ex-Rotu-4 would likey vote in this order (given the choice): K/S/N/P/V--if he is on the level and felt the same way during the final jury vote.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Neleh: We're in Disneyland!

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

05-12-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Original Alliances"
I wanted to post the voting history for all of the Survivors active in the game. I hope this tool will help out in some way. Maybe we can find patterns that may show any hidden alliance or maybe provide clues to how the jury may vote. I just wanted to put this all on one post since I rambled earlier in the thread.

Jury:
J – RM / S
Z – RM / J / R
T – RM / S / Z / V
R – RM / S / Z / V / S
Final Five:
K – Z / J / Z / T / R
N – RM / J / Z / T / R
P – RM / J / Z / T / R
S - J / J / Z / T / R
V – RM / J / Z / T / R

Starting with the jury members, the votes are consistent with three of the Rotu 4 alliance. Zoe did her own thing at tribal council, and I think that will carry over into the final 2 voting. In fact T/R even voted Zoe off. So I see Zoe’s vote as a wild card.

In the final five, everyone has been together on the last four votes. Whether that was an agreement or an alliance, it has to end on Thursday. As I pointed out earlier, I find it interesting that N/P/V have identical voting records. This is where we were shown Vee betraying the Rotu 4, but in reality she was sticking with N/P. As far as K/N/P they have voted the same since day one, except Kathy’s vote in ep. 7. S/V the same thing, since day one with the one exception with Vee in ep. 7. Thanks again Robfather!

Thanks katem for reminding me about Zoe betraying Kathy in ep. 7. I always forget about that Zoe. I wonder if Zoe would vote for Kathy in the final two. I think we will find out. By the way, congrats on 400 katem.

With this post I bid farewell. I will be in a far off place until after the last episode. So I want to say thanks to everyone here for a great season. I will check back for updates, and definitely for SURVIVOR Thailand. See you then! Oops, I rambled again.

By the way since I won’t be around, my official picks are: N/P/S/V/K…..

Tumbler

05-12-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Original Alliances"
Well Tumbler I'LL miss ya!
sorry you wont be around to add your informative views. I still feel Kathy has a better shot with N/P than with S/V Unless it's a water challege which I doubt. Kathy has a better chance of winning immunity against Pappy and Neleh than Sean or Vee.For k
Kathy to win I feel she would have to take Neleh into the final 2 with her over Paschal. If she goes the other route then she has to beat out either Sean or Vee and they are both strong players. But I see her as the sure winner that way considering she can win. I dont really know if Kathy is the most deserving and that BOTHERS ME but......If she does then she played the game well. Vee on the oher hand has always voted with Pappy and Neleh so they may have a hidden alliance to get themselves into the final 3. I can see Vee voting off Sean if she sees him as a threat to her winning the game. Paschal has a good shot as well but it looks as though all the misdirection is setting us up for a Neleh win. We'll find out in 2 weeks, Until then Keep posting!!!

05-13-02, 01:31 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Original Alliances"
Kathy could have a good chance at winning the immunity this week and if that is the case then I can see possibly Vee or neleh going. that could be why pappy is sooo mad. what do ya think???

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Original Alliances"
if Vee is in an alliance with PN (a big if imho) then Sean MUST be the next boot, if Vee is smart- it is the only time she can get rid of him without having to vote him off (with KNP voting Sean and VS voting someone else). Then Kathy would go, unless she wins immunity, in which case Vee's plan backfires (unless she can get Kathy to vote with her and force a tie, a possibility)

but i think that is all very unlikely

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Original Alliances"
>>>>>>With this post I bid farewell. I will be in a far off place until after the last episode. So I want to say thanks to everyone here for a great season. I will check back for updates, and definitely for SURVIVOR Thailand. See you then! Oops, I rambled again.>>>>>>>

Ummm Tumbler, you wouldn't happen to be going to Thailand would you????

mistofleas - making the world a little more itchy

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Original Alliances"
I agree completely. Kathy has survived this long by adapting and being crafty. S/V & P/N ARE in alliances with eachother and I think they'll stick. Kathy will most likely end up voting with N/P to make it to the final 3. It seems too predictable to me...I'm hoping for something exciting to happen, maybe Sean winning the IC 3 times in a row ????

ConanRDU 20 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ConanRDU Click to send private message to ConanRDU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Original Alliances"
>I agree completely. Kathy has survived
>this long by adapting and
>being crafty. S/V & P/N
> ARE in alliances with
>eachother and I think they'll
>stick.

I agree with this part completely. If Kathy is smart, I think she'll make a move to bust up both alliances. Kathy is likely the swing vote next week. Therefore, I think she's safe until at least the final 4. I think HER best bet is to eliminate either Paschal or Neleh for 2 reasons. First, she doesn't want to face either of those 2 in the final 2 (assuming she can make it that far). Second, the final four IC has been the "fallen comrades" quiz in 2 of the past 3 seasons. Since this usually concentrates on the jury members and since Sean and Vee never really were tight with the Rotu 4, Paschal and Neleh are bigger threats in that challenge. Before the next tribal council, she makes nice with the remaining one of P/N to target Sean or Vee. It's a risk - P/N could disclose this to Sean and Vee making Kathy a target, or Sean and Vee could win the tiebreaker. If this strategy succeeds, Kathy has a good chance of going to the final 2 regardless of whether she wins immunity when there are three of them left. If the strategy fails, the downside is, assuming she doesn't win immunity, (a) she could go in 4th place instead of 3rd and (b) if she doesn't lose immunity at 3 she's gone (I assume an intact alliance of either P/N or S/V will vote her off between 3 and 2 if they can, so this isn't really a downside.)

We know that Kathy is thinking about the big picture (she thought about teaming with the General to get rid of someone), she may realize that the next two tribal councils are key to her place in the game.

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Original Alliances"
The problem with splitting both alliances (i.e teaming up with S/v to eliminate P, and then teaming up with N to go after S/V) is that sheis completely screwed with the jury. Unless she has a little Dicque in her (I'm not even going to touch that) there isn't a speech in the world the is going to leave her holding the $1M, after she stabs both sides in the back.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Original Alliances"
How in the world has Kathy stabbed anyone in the back? She was at best 7th place with John's little scheme, and never agreed with the rest of them to vote out Rob M. Then the 5 who now remain made a pact that it would be them at F5, may the best person win, no alliances. How is Kathy stabbing N or P in the back by voting them out? Maybe she feels connected to them more, because they were all original Rotu, but she isn't lying to anyone. Besides, if she ends up in a F2 with Sean or Vee, because she "picked off" N/P, who is are the 6 Rotu on the jury going to vote for? Sean? Vee? Most likely the last Rotu standing.

Dreamkumo 14 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dreamkumo Click to send private message to Dreamkumo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Original Alliances"
"How is Kathy stabbing N or P in the back by voting them out? Maybe she feels connected to them more, because they were all original Rotu, but she isn't lying to anyone"

I agree, and adding to that, remember in the episode that they merged, before the merge didnt Kathy say after they voted off Gina, that if Maraamu lost another challenge, she would be voted off no matter what. Plus the episode that Gina was voted off, Kathy also felt that she had a chance of being voted off by how Pascal and Neleh were acting. That is twice in where Kathy has doubted Neleh and Pascal. I think Kathy feels that she could vote off Neleh or Pascal without being guilty because they could have done the same thing if neccissary.

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Original Alliances"
IF Kathy agrees to ally with either of the "couples" and then turns around and works with the single that is left, it will be taken by both sides as scheming, maipulative and a backstab. Most likely, the jury will view it the same way.

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Splitting both alliances"
The other problem with splitting both alliances is that it sets up for that dreaded tie vote at F4. However MB plans to resolve this, it is likely out of Kathy's control and therefore, not a wise move.

Kathy MUST win immunity at F3 against either one of the 2 pairs. Either that or all of Sean's talk about not truly being in an alliance with Vee is true in that he's really in a hidden alliance with Kathy. Does anybody else see this as a scenario?

MeToo

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-14-02, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Rob's influence"
i have a theory that places rob as a bridge between sean and kathy. sean most likely knew about the rob/kathy alliance and i would bet that sean has talked to kathy much more than we have seen on the show.

i would not be suprised at all to see kathy and sean as the final 2.

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Original Alliances"
I disagree. In the final jury vote, it is the person who strategized the best who will gain the jury's respect and will win. Given the current situation, I know I'd be pretty impressed with Kathy if she can maneuver her way to the Final 2. Neleh and Pascal have made their way through the game on each other's backs, and Sean and Vee have largely done the same. Kathy has never ridden on anyone else's shoulders. If she gets to the Final 2, it will be on her own merits alone. This is why I think if she gets to the Final 2, she'll win against anyone (regardless of how she gets there).

Another point of greivance for me is the concept of the best liked person being a shoo-in for winning the game (and don't get me started about the concept of "integrity"). Richard Hatch won for controlling and manipulating the game. Tina won against the better liked Colby because she was seen as the real mastermind (Alicia said as much during her vote, as did Jerri). Now, Ethan doesn't exactly fit my profile of the strategist, but neither did Kim J, so Ethan was the only winner based more on likeability than strategy (although his strategy did get him through the game easily, while Kim J barely pulled her way through to the end).

Now, a good argument can be made for all 5 of the players left in the game employing good strategy. Who would have dreamed during the first half of the series that Sean and Vee would make it to the end? That is certainly worthy of respect. And Neleh & Pascal certainly took their own destinies into their hands, which also gives them strategic credence for the jury vote. But...I just can't shake my amazement at Kathy's ability to survive, and I suspect the Rotu 4 will feel the same. (Witness Tammy's comments about Sean being lucky while Kathy was strategic). If she can pull it off and make it the Final 2, I'll be pissed if she doesn't win.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Original Alliances"
I agree, alleyb.

Point 1. The jury votes their respect at playing the game. (There may be a wildcard of someone really pissed off at a Final 2 being a turncoat.)

This leads me to believe Kathy and Pappy have solid chances. They won't give credit to Neleh or Vee. Sean, actually, is a curious one -- he's always been honest, but nasty and whiney, too.

Point 2. The jury votes for honest partners. Richard, Tina, Ethan, ....?.... The winner has always been an honest - early 'till end - partner. flipflopping is a big nono.

Witness: Ethan,Lex,Rodger(and KimJ) in S3. S1's Richard,Rudy,Susan. S2's Tina,Colby,Keith. But the only threesome that seems to have bonded here is the new Maraamu of K/N/P. It's the only lasting alliance w/o any hiccups.

Point 3. Mark Burnett's manipulation. He skews things as best he can to give the crown to his icon of Survivor Integrity to the Game.

It's a girl's turn. Therefore Kathy wins because of good New England pluck. (And editing premonitions of "How's the money? - Good", and "I've got renewed energy.") Vee and Neleh have flaws. Sean and Paschal have flaws. It was really sad how MB, knowing Lex had been up all night w/ diarheah, called for a morning endurance/sweatfest.

and hugs and sunshine for all, Ra

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •