The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amy is a hypocrite"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-15-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amy is a hypocrite"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

Okay its a given that Bubba playing out of desperation made one of the most boneheaded moves in reality tv history. However Ami doesn't have room to talk it was her who doesn't want to show her new teammates how to do things because they weren't orignally there. Hell that comment she made about Jordan can even be applied to her there. Jordan might not give out plays to the opposing team but Im pretty sure he would help his new teammates to play better.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amy is a hypocrite Thistlethorn 10-15-04 1
   RE: Amy is a hypocrite GlassJax 10-15-04 3
       RE: Amy is a hypocrite nailbone 10-15-04 4
   RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-15-04 6
       RE: Amy is a hypocrite nailbone 10-15-04 7
           RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-15-04 9
               RE: Amy is a hypocrite nailbone 10-15-04 11
                   RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-15-04 15
       RE: Amy is a hypocrite Oscirus 10-15-04 8
       RE: Amy is a hypocrite Thistlethorn 10-15-04 13
       RE: Amy is a hypocrite landruajm 10-16-04 21
           RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-16-04 22
               RE: Amy is a hypocrite landruajm 10-16-04 23
                   RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-16-04 24
                       To the contrary landruajm 10-17-04 25
   RE: Amy is a hypocrite RocketAudy 10-15-04 16
 RE: Amy is a hypocrite Fishercat 10-15-04 2
 RE: Amy is a hypocrite nailbone 10-15-04 5
   RE: Amy is a hypocrite Swami 10-15-04 10
       RE: Amy is a hypocrite nailbone 10-15-04 12
           RE: Amy is a hypocrite anotherkim 10-16-04 17
               RE: Amy is a hypocrite okaychatt 10-17-04 26
               RE: Amy is a hypocrite Mr Canuck 10-19-04 39
           RE: Amy is a hypocrite Swami 10-16-04 19
               RE: Amy is a hypocrite Bebo 10-19-04 33
                   RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-19-04 34
                       RE: Amy is a hypocrite okaychatt 10-19-04 35
                           RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-19-04 36
                   RE: Amy is a hypocrite Oscirus 10-19-04 37
                       RE: Amy is a hypocrite HistoryDetective 10-19-04 38
 Amy is awesome arturbars 10-15-04 14
   RE: Amy is awesome nailbone 10-19-04 29
       RE: Amy is awesome HistoryDetective 10-19-04 31
           RE: Amy is awesome nailbone 10-19-04 32
 RE: Amy is a hypocrite Ra_8secs 10-16-04 18
 but... IceCat 10-16-04 20
   RE: but... LionChow 10-19-04 28
 Ami is smart. AMAI 10-17-04 27
   RE: Ami is smart. nailbone 10-19-04 30
   RE: Ami is smart. Oscirus 10-20-04 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Thistlethorn 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thistlethorn Click to send private message to Thistlethorn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Turns out she is not just a lipstick lesbian as I suspected, but a militant lesbian who hates men because they are men. I can't wait to see how she reacts to Rory's '40 acres and a mule' speech next week. Is race more of a factor than gender? Looks like race will win out. Wonder what her 'sisters' will think.

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-15-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Turns out she is not just a lipstick lesbian as I suspected, but a militant lesbian who hates men because they are men.

Nail.Hit.Head

her attitude changed my opinion of her too.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
OW!!

Handcrafted by GothMog - ain't it cool!!

Omnia in bonum o-

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
"Turns out she is not just a lipstick lesbian as I suspected, but a militant lesbian who hates men because they are men."

Isn't it a little harsh to accuse her of being an androphobe?! I never heard her give a reason for not sharing the information with the men, but there are plausible explanations other than an irrational hatred of people who happen to have a penis.

At some point there will be a merge and being "teammates" will not matter any more. It's in her best interest that as few of her competitors as possible learn any more about how to feed themselves. Information is a powerful tool. I don't blame her for not wanting to give away any advantages to other castaways.

And didn't we rip on John K for gathering all kinds of information but not keeping it to himself when he returned to the men's camp a couple of weeks ago? He blathered to the Fat Five instead of using his knowledge as leverage. Who can blame Ami for not wanting to make the same mistake?

10-15-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Well, first, I think merge strategy and how to crack a coconut are two different things.

Second, if they're gonna be in the same tribe together, wouldn't she want him to keep his strength up for the challenges? And, before or after the merge, does she think she's gonna just sneak around cracking coconuts without him seeing her to learn how?

Omnia in bonum o-

10-15-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Well, she could be a dutiful little woman and prepare the coconuts and other food for that man. Not teaching him how to crack the coconut is not the same as not feeding him. And they all do enough wandering around individually and in small groups that all the coconuts could be cracked at some point when men are not around.

Even if merge strategy and cracking coconuts are two different things, I still haven't heard anybody quote any man-hating rhetoric coming out of her mouth. So far, it's all supposition about her motives.

Ami didn't play nice with the new guy. The new guy didn't do himself any favors with the boneheaded "Psst! Chris! Even though I'm standing over here, I'm really still on your team!" Seems that people on both sides had difficulty integrating themselves into a cohesive new tribe.

10-15-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Oh I don't disagree that Bubba is a bone-head for trying to talk to Chris. And I personally don't go with the man-hating part of this theory as much as just that she's an unpleasant b!tch.

But I don't see the logic in not showing him how to crack a coconut.

Omnia in bonum o-

10-15-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
I won't argue with you on the b!tch part...

10-15-04, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

Removed nailbone beat me to it.

Thistlethorn 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thistlethorn Click to send private message to Thistlethorn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
She hates androids too? Kidding....kidding. Just seemed that it was a little much and that she has an agenda.

Besides, this is bashers, right?

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-04 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

HD, I need to give you the benefit of a small lesson in board semantics. "Lesbian" has several definitions here, and it's important to suss out which one you're dealing with in any given context.

1. A woman who prefers sex with other women to sex with men (generally accepted definition).

2. The only reason that b!tch isn't going after my boyfriend (occasional female definition).

3. Any chick who won't sleep with me (typical guy definition). Under this definition, a "militant" lesbian is one who not only one that won't sleep with me, but one that reminds me that I have an unusually tiny penis.

I hope that you find this helpful in your researches.

That said, I did think her tude was pretty freaking annoying.

ETFix typo.

10-16-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Thanks for the excerpt from the English-to-Forums dictionary, Landru. I stand corrected...

Yeah, Ami can be annoying, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she hates men. Maybe she didn't want to give up the information because she hates black people... (Is one person enough to be a "wolf pack"?)

10-16-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Well, the point wasn't to correct you, but rather to assist you in your understanding of the pathology, is all. I'm all about the non-superiority.

Clearly, she hates men, black people, rednecks, accents, and small breasts. I mean, isn't it obvious, based on the historical sociological association between women who remind me that I have an unusually small penis militant lesbians and oppression?

10-16-04, 08:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Nothing really to say up here...

Bummer. My attempt to simultaneously crossthread and crossforum failed. I guess I spend a lot more time here than is healthy...

10-17-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
25. "To the contrary"
No Right Turn, 9 PM to 5 AM

To the contrary. Just because I ignored your crossthread in my self-indulgent reply does not invalidate your perfectly reasonable crossforum effort. Just remember, I'm all about your self-esteem.

RocketAudy 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-15-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketAudy Click to send private message to RocketAudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
>Turns out she is not just
>a lipstick lesbian as I
>suspected, but a militant lesbian
>who hates men because they
>are men.

I think you are making quite a leap. There's no evidence so far that Ami hates men. What she said is that she wanted the men to "prove themselves" before she gave away secrets. Obviously Travis proved that Ami is a very PERCEPTIVE lesbian, since he proved himself to be untrustworthy within the team.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-15-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
I can't see a lot of reasoning behind the move. If your "bond" extends only to island tasks that you were tought, your bond is likely in deep you know what. There was really no harm, possibly only an advantage in telling the two guys as it expands their ability set and possibly creates a bond for a future swing vote. Definitely hypocritical of her to be that angry at Bubba for still associating with the men when she seems to still be seperating men and woman, but it was a far stupider move on Bubba's part to even try to contact a man in broad daylight, agreed.

And the Jordan analogy was a bit odd too, even outdated.
---
<== A Missionhockey21 creation

10-15-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
I couldn't agree more. I definitely lost any respect I had for Ami. Not wanting to share those skills with her new TEAMMATES was just asinine.

Omnia in bonum o-

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Some of the women, particularly Lisa, were practically giddy showing the men everything they knew and telling them everything they thought. The men were giving nothing. While they had no survival info to share they do have intimate knowledge of the social game going on in their former tribe as well as details on whatever resources they have over there.

It makes sense to hold your cards close, and to get knowledge as you give knowledge. I think Ami was smart. And right--as evidenced by Bubba immediately trying to regroup with his former tribemates right before a critical immunity challenge.

a slice of Slice
If Kali doesn't scare you, nothing will!

10-15-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
I still say that strategic information and survival information are two different things. Did the girls share any strategic info about the social game? Nope, not that we saw.

And Lisa seemed to be just giddy to be able to show off all the cool things they learned that the boys didn't know.

Omnia in bonum o-

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Lisa was too giddy---she was almost Shawna-like in the giddiness when the "boys" arrived. Can you imagine what she would have done if it had been Brady, J.P. and John K. instead? I imagine there would have been nudity, at the very least.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Ami is strikingme as very odd, though, no question. Just can't put my finger on it.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-04, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
<Ami is strikingme as very odd

I think Ami was angry at the change. Not sure why. Her behavior seemed very juvenile to me.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-04, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Interesting post as she COULD have joined Johnny K (remember it was her choice)

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-04, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Finding food is power. Jiffy could have un-switched or re-mixed the tribes the very next day. This group knows that MB is looking for new twists and nothing is for sure in the game. I think Ami was more right than Lisa. And I realize we didn't see everything.

a slice of Slice
If Kali doesn't scare you, nothing will!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
>Finding food is power.

Exactly. And how many times in prior Survivors have we seen players try and use the provider role to their advantage? From Richard in S1 to Rupert in S7, to even Brady's attempt to win his way back into the tribe. These were all seen as strategic moves.

So Ami meets the enemy for the first time on her turf, and her immediate response isn't to tell them everything she knows. Since there were many other ways her new tribemates could contribute to the strength of the tribe without that knowledge, I don't see why any problem with her strategy.

Oh, and I could open a huge can of worms by pointing out that in the prior Survivors, these "strategists" were all male.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

10-19-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
But would Ami teach anybody else how to cook and eat that can of worms...?!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
<would Ami teach anybody else how to cook and eat that can of worms...?!

Good one! But be careful - we don't want to bring that argument back to a boil. Simmer down.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

10-19-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
Ugh! Too many puns! (But I guess they might only be puns if you make the same assumption I did - worms are best prepared by boiling them...)

10-19-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
She only has power over rory now and at this point in the game he is pretty expendable so all she is doing is being petty. You can be damned sure in an effort to save themselves that Twila and Julie are showing the guys at Lopevi everything they know. So even if Rory gets lucky and makes the merge instead of a somewhat united tribe you have women on the other side who you aren't sure of how they vote and Rory who will probably be pissed when he finds out.

10-19-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
In all fairness, we don't know yet if she continues to be "petty" following tribal council. Could be that now Bubba is gone she has an attitude adjustment...

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-15-04, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Amy is awesome"
I would have done the same thing if two idiots like bubba and rorry came to my tribe. Those two morons along with chris don't belong there......

10-19-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Amy is awesome"
They belong in that tribe as much as Ami and Lisa do. Remember, it was Scout that put them together.

Omnia in bonum o-

10-19-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Amy is awesome"
I think that arturbars may have meant that none of those three belong on the island (no matter what tribe) any longer - period - because they have not pulled their weight as well as others who have been eliminated. (I'm not saying I agree; only that I read the intention of the message a little differently than you did.)

10-19-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Amy is awesome"
I see what you mean, and I agree except for Chris. I't been repeated several times in confessionals and last words that Rory basically doesn't do much.

Omnia in bonum o-

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-16-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Amy is a hypocrite"
I'm still searching for a lime to put in the coconut. Then I'll feel better.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "but..."
... she has luverly boobage.

A nice rack will make up for a lotta things...

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-19-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: but..."

A big "Amen" to that.

Some Survivors just make it easy to be their fan.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-17-04, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Ami is smart."
Why should she show her new tribemates about everything? Lisa is an utter fool, her brain dribbles out of her mouth.

Rory actually does have some information about the island - he's done a lot of wandering. Ami noticed how much stuff Rory brought back from his walks. Bubba that fool did next to nothing.

Don't forget - Ami didn't actually divide the tribe into two, Scout did.

So why isn't it hypocritical? Because Ami didn't make the decision to boot Bubba based solely on his fraternizing with the other tribe. She also based it on his contribution around camp - that's why we were shown the two contributions of Rory and Putz - Putz barely managed to carry an armful of wood from where it was cut to the firepit area. Rory hauled large timbers, brough fruit and fresh palm fronds. We were shown it to draw our own conclusions.

Ami might not be the winner but she's getting F2-type editing. It's funny how you don't like her. Funny, as in, interesting...

10-19-04, 11:06 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Ami is smart."
Interesting, as in, funny....

Omnia in bonum o-

10-20-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Ami is smart."
Because Ami didn't make the decision to boot Bubba based solely on his fraternizing with the other tribe. She also based it on his contribution around camp - that's why we were shown the two contributions of Rory and Putz

- At tribal council she had said that Bubba wasn't their first choice, if she isn't voting out women then it was a pretty safe bet that rory would have been gone. Even if that wasn't the case it is still hypocritical of her to even get mad at Bubba for doing the same thing that she was in keeping information from them.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •