The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are You an Internet Junkie?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-25-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are You an Internet Junkie?"
Find out how hooked you really are!
Worried you spend too much time online? Assess your level of addiction by answering the following questions using this scale:
1=Rarely, 2=Occasionally, 3=Frequently, 4=Often, 5=Always, DNA=Does not apply.
================================================================

1) How often do you find you stay online longer that you intend?
2) How often do you neglect household chores to spend more time online?
3) How often do you prefer the excitement of the internet to intimacy with your partner?
4) How often do you form new relationships with fellow online users?
5) How often do others in your life complain to you about the amount of time you spend online?
6) How often do your grades or schoolwork suffer because of the amount of time you spend online?
7) How often do you check your e-mail before doing something else you need to do?
8) How often does your job performance or productivity suffer because of the Internet?
9) How often do you become defensive or secretive when someone asks you what you do online?
10) How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Internet?
11) How often do you find yourself looking forward to going online again?
12) How often do you fear that life without the Internet would be boring, empty and joyless?
13) How often do you snap, yell or act annoyed if someone bothers you while you are online?
14) How often do you feel preoccupied with the Internet when offline, or fantasize about being online?
15) How often do late-night log-ins cost you sleep?
16) How often do you find yourself saying "just a few more minutes" when online?
17) How often do you try to cut down on the amount of time you spend online--and fail?
18) How often do you try to hide how long you've been online?
19) How often do you chose to spend more time online over going out with others?
20) How often do you feel depressed, moody or nervous when you are offline, a feeling that goes away once you are back online?
===============================================================
SCORING
Add the numbers you selected to determine your score.
20 - 49 pts: You are an average online user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.
50 - 79 pts: You experience occasional or frequent problems because of the Internet. Consider their full impact on your life.
80 - 100 pts: Your Internet usage is causing significant problems in your life. Evaluate the impact of the Internet on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Internet usage.

Source: USA Weekend Magazine, August 23-25, 2002.

Regards,

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? Drive My Car 08-25-02 1
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? TechNoir 08-25-02 2
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? RudyRules 08-25-02 3
 Believe it or not LadyT 08-25-02 4
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? true 08-25-02 5
   AhhhHaaa!!!!! Drive My Car 08-25-02 7
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? snoop 08-25-02 6
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? Asrai 08-26-02 8
 I am not an Internet Junkie, I am ... GeorgiaBelle 08-26-02 9
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? I_AM_HE 08-26-02 10
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? Bebo 08-26-02 11
 RE: Are You an Internet Junkie? PackMan 08-26-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-02, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
YIKES!!!
Are you sure you really want to popst this HERE?? heheheheehehe

I answered very truthfully ( the fact I don't have a job where I have access to the net may have come into play on my score)

I scored a 39, though while answering I thought it would be worse. Especially since I just hit 4000 posts, and 4000 may sound like a lot, but I am one of about 15 or 20 people who were here from the start and never left. I want to say I did 4000 with very few posts on Monster thresds ( dial up , I haven't even read half of them) I do awful in DAW races for the same reason, so I pass on them

I confess, that if I didn't have to share the computer with family members I would be worse, and if I had a desk job with Net access I might be hopeless.

Buggy-who neglects her other message boards

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
I don't think this works. I scored a 28 and my job is largely working on the internet. And I do it at home too. But I'm not secretive about it ... mebbe that's the ticket.

wonders why folks worry about the internet when peeps live in front of the TV

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-02, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
I scored 39, I guess it could be a lot worse!

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-02, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Believe it or not"

I DNA on a lot of questions. I have no access from work, which helps a lot. And I am totally open on what I do here to others.

Will anyone admit to a score of like 93?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-02, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
often adv. Frequently; many times; not seldom.

frequently adv. At frequent or short intervals; many times; often; repeatedly; commonly.

Ok, these two look just the same to me. If I answer often, I score a 39. If I use frequently, I score a 49. Hmmmm....
Looks like, from the scores above, y'all went with often, so I think I will too. A 39 for me. *waves to Buggy*

true -currently neglecting housework

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "AhhhHaaa!!!!!"

I think I have figured out where the glitch is!

true -currently neglecting housework

See ? We will admit to neglecting chores, but we don't neglect our families. Neglecting stupid crap like laundry or cleaning closets, is not the same as neglecting personal relationships. We score goodon people skills. That is the only thing that saves most of us from being total freaks on this test.

Buggy- who felt so guilty for only scoring a 37 that she lied about her score

snoop 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-25-02, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoop Click to send private message to snoop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-02 AT 08:56 PM (EST)

i think that's alot compared to most here, but my results are "You are an average online user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage" so it's good. thanks for sharing that!

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-02, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
Heehee! I got a 36, not too bad! I had 5 DNA's, so, that lessened my score.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-26-02, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I am not an Internet Junkie, I am a proud DAW!"
Ok, should I tell the truth here or lie. The truth is a boring 39, so I am normal and average. But, with a twisting of the numbers I can be a 93. Now which one should a lay claim to?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
40, give or take a couple (was just keeping track in my head, and not too carefully). I think there's something seriously wrong with this test though. I spend way too much time online to be a measly 40! :-P

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-02, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
I got a 52, because I hate doing housework and would do anything else instead.

Evil, rude, snotty, and proud of it!

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-26-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Are You an Internet Junkie?"
40 here. It's not like I can't stop any time I want to...

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •