The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankins - Top 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-09, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankins - Top 3"
I'm simply going to start this thread for reasons of technical difficulties.

I sat down to watch Idol via Tivo 15 minutes after it started only to find out that my Tivo crapped on me and wasn't properly tuning in Fox. I quickly went to another room and watched Adam's first performance while my Tivo rebooted.

Needless to say, i missed Danny and Kris' first songs.

I'm not going to make any rankings judgements based on missing 1/3rd of the performances. I'll chime in tomorrow at some point with my full rankings after I find those two performances online somewhere.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 Snidget 05-12-09 1
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 bostonrobfan 05-13-09 19
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 DoodleBug 05-12-09 2
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 SilverStar 05-12-09 3
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 ulalame 05-12-09 6
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 sica077 05-13-09 8
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 DoodleBug 05-12-09 4
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 singmeasong 05-12-09 5
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 Glow 05-13-09 7
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 TanNymph 05-13-09 9
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 samboohoo 05-13-09 11
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 mrc 05-13-09 10
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 kingfish 05-13-09 12
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 mhdallas 05-13-09 16
       RE: Rankins - Top 3 zazzy 05-13-09 21
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 samboohoo 05-13-09 13
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 emydi 05-13-09 14
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 geekboy 05-13-09 15
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 zazzy 05-13-09 17
   RE: Rankins - Top 3 sica077 05-13-09 18
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 djnew 05-13-09 20
 RE: Rankins - Top 3 Belle Book 05-13-09 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-09, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
check mjsbigblog.com it often has video up.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-13-09, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
1. Kris- Heartless
2. Kris- Apologize
2. Adam- One
4. Adam- Crying
5. Danny- You Are So.. zzzzzzzzzz (sorry, dozed off)
6. Danny- Dance Little Sister

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Rickey has videos and MP3s: http://www.rickey.org/

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-09 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

1. Kris "Heartless"-- Awesome! I loved this so much. He took a song from a completely different genre and made it suit him perfectly. The best of the night by far IMO.

-gap-

2. Kris "Apologize"-- This was a very nice performance. I wasn't blown away by it, but I really can't say anything bad about it.

3. Adam "Cryin"-- I didn't like this at first, but upon a second viewing I think it was mostly because of the female backup singer. She was trying to screech along with Adam and it was extremely unpleasant. I tried really hard to just focus on him and it was much better. Damn. I wish he wouldn't have had her sing backup. I said in the ECST that he probably took his earpiece out because he was sick of hearing himself wail (I was only partly kidding) but now I'm wondering if he did it so that she wasn't squealing in his ear.

4. Adam "One"-- Meh. I really didn't like the way he changed the song. I was into it in the beginning and then it suddenly became almost unrecognizable. One of my least favorite from him, I think.

5. Danny "You Are So Beautiful"-- This actually wasn't terrible. I've never liked anything Danny has done, and I didn't neccesarily like this, but it wasn't too bad. The ending was much better than the beginning. I far prefer him singing ballads so that he isn't jumping around like an idiot. Which brings us to...

6. Danny "Dance Little Sister"-- Ugh. Did not enjoy. And that doo-doot vs. sax interlude? Horrendous. Go home.

Kris in the F2! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-12-09, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Ditto, almost.

For the first time tonight I really got the appeal of Kris. Maybe he was more confident, maybe there's more contrast now that we get to see them sing twice and now that Alison is gone, but I thought Kris was great tonight. Before tonight, I though *maybe* he'd have a short career doing music videos for the Disney Channel, but now he's grown on me and I can see his place as a contemporary musician doing music adults would listen to. I thought Heartless was the best tonight. I'd flip order with Adam's Crying for second and put Apologize third. The rest of your order I'm right on.

Adam did great, but not the greatest he has ever done, and I was expecting him to do so tonight. While he did good on One, I think he could have performed it better if he'd actually stayed truer to the original.

Gokey has a good singing voice, but he's a little bit of a bore. I wish him well, but I do not wish him into the final two.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-09, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Once again, I agree with you 100%, SilverStar.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-09, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
I thought the judges choices were odd. The guys picked better songs for themselves.

Kris - Heartless - when I first heard his choice I was like huh? Then he let a little giggle saying it was fun and boy was it! I found some video of Kris singing Come Together unplugged and it was fabulous. I knew if he came out with an unplugged song that was different, he would have a fighting chance for the finale. He brought it and delivered! LOVED IT!!

Adam - Cryin - Not my favorite from him, but vocally, he was flawless. I wish it was toned down just a little more though. I don't know, a lot of his screechin' gets on my nerves. And that backup singer was WAY TOO LOUD at the start! The sound was bad tonight.

Danny - You Are So Beautiful - I thought it was really nice. I really liked it especially in the middle as it was building - "boy to a man" - very nice.

The songs they HAD to sing.......

Kris - Apologize - aside from the falsetto notes, I liked it. I kept thinking of Matt during this song though . And again with the backup singer! She was too loud.

Danny - Dance Little Sister - best song choice from the judges. I thought Danny did well but there was a whole lot of yellin' going on! His voice is really raspy because of it too (and probably not in a good way).

Adam - One - big disappointment for me. Didn't like it. He took too many liberties with the song. Also, something stuck out for me on this song... I don't like the deep breaths that he takes when he sings. They are distracting. But that glory note - wow. Anyway... not his best. Would love to hear what Bono had to say.

singmeasong 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-09, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singmeasong Click to send private message to singmeasong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
After tonight I really do not care who is in the finals. Each of the final three have done a great job throughout the season with Adam being a bit more consistent (only one week I did not like). My thoughts on tonights show:

1. Kris (heartless): Really made it his own and I agree with Randy...better than the original! His was the only song I loved tonight.

2. Danny (Dance little sister): Very nice and in his range...you either love his raspiness or you hate him. I really liked he kept in the high range (to me his strength) throughout the song.

3. Adam (Cryin): Props for doing a good job with this song. Not his usual high standard in my opinion...definitely not as good as Mr. Tyler...which is always bad when you sing it like the oringinal.

4. Danny (you are so beautiful): Good but did not feel it was great...

5. Adam (one): Just OK for me. First time I did not atleast like an Adam song.

6. Kris (poligize): Just seemed a bit off and did not make it his own so I compared to original...bad for kris on this song.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
#1 by a large margin - Kris “Heartless” – I loved this so much. He really took that song and made it his own. I liked it better than the original too, Randy.
2. Kris “Apologize” – gorgeous. I love the song. I love his voice. I loved this. Kris really shined last night. I am already anticipating his CD. I cannot wait to buy it.
3. Adam “Cryin” – the backup singers were way OTT. Almost made it unlistenable.
4. Adam “One” – I wasn’t crazy about his arrangement but MY GOODNESS he looked smoking hot last night.
5. Danny “Dance Little Sister” – right artist but wrong song, Paula.
6. Danny “You Are So Beautiful” – he tried his hand at rearranging a song and I didn’t like it. His voice sounded just wonderful though.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-09, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
I'll just ditto Glow! I voted for the first time all season last night, for Kris.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Agree with you about Adam's backup singers on Cryin. Even DH said something.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
1. Kris “Heartless”--Good, funky performance.

2. Kris “Apologize”-–Great performance.

3. Danny “You Are So Beautiful”--Say what you want about the guy, but I felt the emotion.

4. Adam “Cryin”-–Since I always compare Adam to Steven Tyler, I thought this would be a perfect song for Adam. Boy, was I wrong. What a train wreck.

5. Adam “One”-–Ruined a perfectly good song with the screeching and wailing. If he had sung a muted version of this song, I might have bought it.

6. Danny “Dance Little Sister”-–This song exhibited all of the worst Gokey qualities: bad dancing, yelling, doo-doo-doos, etc.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
"I'm not going to make any rankings judgements based on missing 1/3rd of the performances.

Hey, lack of information hasn't stopped anyone else...especially me!

As usual Lambert blew the others away, but both Kris and Gokey did well. I liked Gokey's Joe Cocker song.

It's interesting how much improvement there is from the first tryouts to now. The show does a good job at bringing out and honing the talent in these people. I think that (the musical professionalism behind the scenes) is a big reason key to AI's success, we would be bored if they were still singing like amateurs.

1. Lambert

(a country mile)

2. Gokey
3. Kris

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
At last someone I agree with!
Adam is so far above the other two that it's turning almost sad. Title or not, he's already won the competition.

Danny was pretty good last night - I liked the first song better. I've always hated 'You Are So Beautiful' and I still do, but I do like the way he livened it up at the end.

And Kris was just as boring as always. Playing guitar, playing piano, standing up - it's all the same. The Opie Taylor act is getting really old.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-09, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
MH, you know I don't agree with you, and that's all good, but darn it, you cracked me up with the Opie Taylor reference!

(and yes, I'm an Andy Griffith fan of the early episodes, so I guess it all fits, lol.)

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Again I watched it all. Again, I picked a good night. Well, for Kris at least.

1. Kris “Heartless": Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

2. Kris “Apologize”: One of the rare times I will disagree with Simon (well except for his opinions on Adam). I liked it.

3. Danny “You Are So Beautiful: I agree that he probably could have just sang it without completely re-doing some of the arrangement, but it still worked.

4. Danny “Dance Little Sister”: I didn't really like it that much, but it was better than either of Adam's.

5 & 6. Adam. Both songs. I hated them both. I thought he completely destroyed them, and it was all I could do not to turn it off. Since he has been hyped so much, I thought I need to listen in case I missed the big wow factor. The thing with him is that I do think he has an amazing voice, and he can do amazing things with that voice. But sometimes, it's just too much.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-09, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
1. Kris Heartless-this was his best song of the season...but it was covered by The Fray which is what Kris used. That's Kanye West in the bear suit in the video?

2. Douche-I can't believe I'm putting this up here but if his voice sounded like this all seasona and he wasn't such a douche (I see myself in the finale..pfft) then I'd probably like him (but if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a great Christmas)

3. Adam-One-I really wished he had just stuck with the original on this. The beginning was nice but then why did he start shrieking like that..the last glory note was ok but the screeches were uncalled for

4. Kris-Apologize-this was better than the rest but it bothered me he enunciated the A in apologize..it was weird

5. Adam-Cryin-c'mon Adam, I know you were trying to one up douche from last week but this was a cop out choice...and it got really messed up in the middle

6. Douche-old stupid Paula song-he screamed all the way through it it was awful

Kris avg: 2.5
Adam avg: 4.0
Douche ave: 4.0

I really am kind of hoping that Adam gets booted tonite, but he won't. That overpimping was way OTT, esp. by Simon, why didn't he just sell his soul to the Devil for Adam to win this thing....hmmm a Reaper episode in the making Sam would have to capture escaped soul Simon with a big bottle of Adam's foundation....

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-13-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
OK, i watched the two songs i missed and rewatched the others online again.

I think this vote will be very very close. We'll see. Everyone had their ups and downs last night. Let me summarize MY views on each contestant.

Adam - Adam had some great moments last night, specifically the beginning of each of his songs. On "One", it was soft and tender and you could really hear his true voice show thorugh. On the intro to "Cryin'" i actually said "Wow, good vocals" to my wife. Then, as usual, he took both songs to his 'screamy place', and although i keep repeating myself, for me - that ruins the performance. Yes, he can scream. So can Axl rose...but do you need to do that so much? When you actually just sing a song throuhg, like TOMT, its great. These two songs had great potential but i think he wasted them.

Danny - For me, i think Danny is seeing his true competition in Kris and Adam. "Dance Little Sister" was for me disappointing. Nothing special and he looked uncomfortable singing it, even though the song pick suited his vocals well. he didn't pull it off. On YASB, again i was bored. I didn't feel the emotion coming through at all, like i did when Taylor sang it. Overall, i was quite disappointed for my hometown boy, Danny.

Kris - Wow. Talk about 'bringing it' when you need it most. I think Kris shined the most last night. "Apologize" was a really good rendition of the song, and i'm not sure how he could have really mixed it up. The song stands on its own, and singing it at the piano was a good choice. Unlike Danny, you could feel the emotion coming through. Then, 'Heartless'. Wow, that level of risk is right up there with Bo doing 'In A Dream' acapella. You take a rap/synth song like 'Heartless' and strip it down to just an acoustic guitar, a mic and you. Brilliant. I think it could have saved him this week.

Here is how i break it down, although i honestly think this could break any of the three ways.

For me - Kris shined the most. Adam was Adam. Danny disappointed.

I would pick Danny to go home. Will he? How the #$%& do I know.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-09, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Not ready to rank yet but wanted to throw this out there:

Randy kept saying that Kris was "Mraz" like...so why didn't Randy select a Mraz song for Kris?

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-09, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-09 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

I agree, zazzy. Not to mention, if any of the contestants had chosen this song on their own, I am almost certain they would have been bashed by the judges for it being too current a song. To me, it seemed like a Danny/Kris type un-unified collaboration situation (but that's just the conspirator in me... is that a word?).

ET fix the spelling of a word that I don't think is a word.

djnew 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-09, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djnew Click to send private message to djnew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Who should go....

Adam... Danny... Kris

Who will go...

Adam... Danny... Kris

Really? at this point who gives a carp?

Though a Adam/Kris Finale will be awesome!

Danny "Dead Wife, Douche, Screaming Guy" Much love and you will do well... to heck with the haters!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-13-09, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankins - Top 3"
Here's my rankings:

1. Kris Allen, second performance -- I really liked it!
2. Danny Gokey, "You Are So Beautiful" -- very good.
3. Kris Allen, "Apologize" -- I like the song and I liked his performance of it.
4. Adam Lambert, "One" -- I liked him more when he was subdued than when he went into his wail. It got on my nerves.
5. Danny Gokey, first performance -- too boring, sad to say.
6. Adam Lambert, "Cry" -- he got on my nerves even more!

Belle Book

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •