The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kaycee 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kaycee Click to send private message to kaycee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
to this board,I'm sure the first time the flamers posted they were so perfect right? Be nice and patience to the newbies,you were once one yourself.JMHO

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... jkokoj 05-09-02 1
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... Bebo 05-09-02 2
   RE: Boy you people here are snots t... mistofleas 05-09-02 5
       RE: Boy you people here are snots t... idiotcowboy 05-09-02 7
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... MDSkinner 05-09-02 3
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... PagongRatEater 05-09-02 4
 Where are the guidelines? Obviously... kaycee 05-09-02 6
   RE: Where are the guidelines? Obvio... kaycee 05-09-02 15
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... Dalton 05-09-02 8
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... Q 05-09-02 9
   RE: Boy you people here are snots t... samiam 05-09-02 13
       Hehe... Jizzy 05-09-02 14
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... Squarepants party of one 05-09-02 10
 RE: Boy you people here are snots t... Majic Mitch 05-09-02 11
   RE: Boy you people here are snots t... smiley 05-09-02 12
 Stop dabo 05-09-02 16
 Locking... with a reminder... sleeeve 05-09-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-09-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
I normally don't reply because that is the job of the moderaters. However...

Yes I was once I newbie but prior to my first post I ACTUALLY READ THE GUIDELINES. I also read all the other posts and did not start a new one (on the SPOILERS BOARD) unless I really thought it had valuable spoiling information.

Yes some poeple are a little on the rough side, however, there are guidelines for a reason. Follow those and you will fit in just fine.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-02, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
Yup, I know what it's like to be flamed, because I have been.

But you know what? There have been some nice, clear guidelines put together that take only a few moments to read. The new posters who have obviously taken those to heart are being welcomed quite nicely to the boards. It takes effort on both sides.

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-02 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

I haven't been posting for quite some time now but I have been reading the spoiler board and using all of the wonderful SB spoiler people's brains as my reason for living until each Thursday. HOWEVER, I simply could not resist posting on this thread.

Kaycee, I don't know you from Adam (or Eve) but let me tell you something. You haven't seen flames yet and if you're really lucky you won't see any. You wanna see flames, go into the archives...seach under Shakes...Survivndawg...(for some good off topic flames look for Leif Erickson). Then, come back here to spoilers and re-read the "flames" that you're complaining about. You'll see, that what you're noting as a flame is simply a little match put under certain peoples butts to remind them that there are guidelines to follow. Those guidelines are very clear. Follow them and this will continue to be a Spoiler community with clout. The moderators will be locking this thresd soon, so I hope that you go back and look for the real flames and come back here more prepared to join the community at large.

Shout out to my sweet and dear spoiler friends (you know who you are and I miss you tons!) Keep up the good work and I'd just like to say I now know the world is coming to an end because Shakes and Dawg agree and get along!

*fades back into the woodwork* I was never here.

Misto-X

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-09-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
*hugs* misto!

We miss you girl

-ICB

PS: Kaycee, all we ever have asked is people to read before they post, which is something you obviously didn't do.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
This board is incredibly nice to people who post spoilers. That is because this is a spoilers board. This post is not a spoiling post, and has zero spoiling value, and this is exactly the sort of post that will typically get flamed. Guidelines are a great thing to follow, and if you follow them people are very cool here.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
Perhaps if the newbies didn't post dumb shi>t like this they wouldn't get flamed. Lurk, learn, figure out the rules and THEN post.

FIRST RULE of Fight club is you dont.....wait, I'm getting of track. The FIRST RULE is that the Spoiler forum is for SPOILERS!! Not for speculation or whiny baby temper tantrums.

Webby, lock this before Shakes shows this well-intentioned newbie the true meaning of flaming.

05-09-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kaycee Click to send private message to kaycee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Where are the guidelines? Obviously they are not in a place"
(like the top of the board in black and white)where they are in view,if they were maybe there wouldn't be so many misunderstandings with new posters......Just a thought and my last one on this subject,sorry to offend anyone;

05-09-02, 02:25 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Where are the guidelines? Obviously they are not in a place"
I am honestly still waiting for a response to this question.. Where are the posted guidelines for all to see?

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
>to this board,I'm sure the first
>time the flamers posted they
>were so perfect right? Be
>nice and patience to the
>newbies,you were once one yourself.JMHO
>

I'm having no luck finding anything NEW or USEFUL to Spoiling in this post.

Gosh, golly, gee whiz, we have been "snots" since S-1!!

If, by "snots", you mean discerning and expectant as to the quality and content of Spoilers Threads and posts.

And FWIW, rumor has it "nice and patience" lives somewhere on EZ street; check it out.

Dalton

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-09-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
I cannot agree more with you.

Although I have read the guidelines, and try my best as well, some people seem to be a little bit uptight on this board.

Ahh the impetuousness of youth.

Anyway don't worry about it to much. Just try your best, everyone learns from mistakes. The majority of mean spirited people on here need to Get Over Themselves.

This board should be about having fun, coming up with interesting spoilers, etc. Not builiding yourself up at the detriment of others who may be new.

I lurked here for quite some time for this reason. Just jump in and take what comes.

And remember Youth and Wisdom Rarely Go Hand in Hand.

"Hey I Think I Hear a Dingo Eating Your Baby" - Bart Simpson

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
some people seem to be a little bit uptight on this board.
*snort* We're not uptight. We simply have rules; firm, board-specific rules and guidelines. If people can't live within the framework of a very few rules (especially now that TechNoir has re-stated them so succinctly in her thread), they are welcome to take their spoiling elsewhere.

Anyway don't worry about it to much. Just try your best, everyone learns from mistakes. The majority of mean spirited people on here need to Get Over Themselves.

And you started this one off so well. Yes, try your best, AND learn from any mistakes. The "mean-spirited" people on here are enforcing the rules. Some do it with gentle reminders, others use sledgehammers. And if you think all of this is mean-spirited, you really need to get out more *grin*

This board should be about having fun, coming up with interesting spoilers, etc. Not builiding yourself up at the detriment of others who may be new.

See, this is where you're wrong. This board is NOT about having fun, and "coming up" with interesting spoilers. We are very serious about spoiling. Not that we can't have fun doing it, or laugh at ourselves. But the main purpose of this board is to undermine, attack, and burst Mark Burnett's little godlike balloon. To figure out what IS going to happen, post it, and then be very right, and very smug about it. *Grin*

No one here is building themselves up at the detriment of others who may be new. I've seen some "newbies" who have already proven themselves to be valuable members. And then there are others who feel they must start threads to insult the board regulars, to criticize the way we do things.

Accept the rules, and the way they're enforced, or find somewhere else to play.

"You are a fluke of the Universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back." - Tony Hendra, Deteriorata

Jizzy 2053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-09-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jizzy Click to send private message to Jizzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Hehe..."
...Sami said "coming up". DOH! Where the hell am I..oh yeah...SPOILERS!

*Just doing his part to get this thresd locked*

Everywhere I look, it's all I see. Just a fading, fucking reminder of who I used to be...i]

Squarepants party of one 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to send private message to Squarepants%20party%20of%20one Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
(This is not a bump it was already at the top)
Kaycee let me start by saying that I too am new here and only have a handful of posts but I have yet to be flamed by anyone. All you have to do is read a little and try to make a new point. If you make an honest mistake someone may tell you but that hardly consitutes a flame. If you want to see what true flameing is just wait until shakes gets a hold of this thread. Just pray that webby locks this thread before that happens.

No one else respond to this thread... Let it die a natural death.

Long live Sponge Bob

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-09-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
I've been lurking for years, never even bothering to register until lately.

I'd have to agree with most of the seniors, the majority of crap that gets posted to this "Spoiler" board has no spoiler value whatsoever. There are other forums for opinions, etc., and those who break the very obvious rules sould be corrected and directed elsewhere.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-09-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Boy you people here are snots to newcomers who are new to posting "
I also am a long time lurker, but relatively newbie poster and I totally agree with the seniors on this one. Spoiler board means spoiler board, if you don't follow the simple rules then expect to be flamed. Anyone with common sense could follow the guidelines.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Stop"
I wouldn't be replying to this post except it keeps getting bumped to the top of the page. Everything's been said, stop responding.

SMILES ARE FREE

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-09-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Locking... with a reminder..."
It is always innappropriate to flame. There are several people that have been here long enough to know when a newcomer needs to have the rules explained to them, but they are still under the same policy.

If you feel that a "veteran" (for lack of a better word) has flamed a newcomer, you are welcome to use hte ALERT button, and we will evaluate the situation.

If you feel that a topic is innappropriate, and you are concerned that your post may sound like a flame, then use the alert button and have a moderator post for you (for the record, I don't know what's happened to shakes, but he keeps beating me to all of the posts, and he says things a lot nicer than I would... must have lost that killer instinct )

If you flame anyone... newcomer or person that has instructed newcomer, or ANYONE for ANY OTHER REASON, you have violated the Zero Tolerance Policy, and your ID is subject to removal and your IP address subject to banishment... this is your one and only warning... ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse.

Now... let's get back to spoiling the show.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •