The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"You Talk Too Much"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-04-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"You Talk Too Much"
What are your thoughts on talking during concerts/sporting events? I think it's okay to speak every once in a while...but not the entire time, non-stop. It's rude to the people around you. There was nearly a homicide at Verizon Center last night as we sat in front of three lawyers. One of them did most of the talking. I can tell you all about where he went to law school, what legislation he's working on, what tv shows he watches, etc. He had one of those voices (lawyer voices?) that carries...so others around us heard every word too.
Perhaps if he were more interesting or was actually talking about what he was watching I wouldn't have been so annoyed.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: You Talk Too Much newsomewayne 04-04-07 1
 RE: You Talk Too Much Wallflower66 04-04-07 2
 RE: You Talk Too Much weltek 04-04-07 3
   RE: You Talk Too Much byoffer 04-04-07 10
       RE: You Talk Too Much weltek 04-04-07 19
 RE: You Talk Too Much Snidget 04-04-07 4
 RE: You Talk Too Much KeithFan 04-04-07 5
 RE: You Talk Too Much Breezy 04-04-07 6
   RE: You Talk Too Much txmomma26 04-04-07 7
       RE: You Talk Too Much Breezy 04-04-07 8
   RE: You Talk Too Much qwertypie 04-04-07 9
 RE: You Talk Too Much geg6 04-04-07 11
   RE: You Talk Too Much mom2bjm 04-04-07 12
       RE: You Talk Too Much nailbone 04-04-07 14
           RE: You Talk Too Much mom2bjm 04-04-07 16
 RE: You Talk Too Much nailbone 04-04-07 13
 RE: You Talk Too Much PepeLePew13 04-04-07 15
 LOL moonbaby 04-04-07 17
   You're George emydi 04-04-07 18
       and they moonbaby 04-04-07 20
 RE: You Talk Too Much MKitty 04-04-07 21
 RE: You Talk Too Much StarryLuna 04-04-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
*looks around*

Oh,sorry. I thought this was a marriage thresd.

*leaves*

School Spirit by Syren, 2005

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-04-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
Ugh! I experienced the same situation last week during my son's Little League baseball game. Two of the moms behind me talked non-stop the entire game and didn't even bother cheering for the team or paying attention to their kids playing. It was soooo irritating!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
I just think that people need to learn to speak more quietly (as you said, those pesky voices that carry and that lawyers are probably used to using in the courtroom). I hate when loud talkers ramble on at restaurants, the bus or anywhere everyone else is co-existing peacefully. We were at BW3s this winter and a girl was bellering about her romantic woes whilet the rest of the room chatted at a reasonable tone. Everyone kept glaring at her and she never noticed. Her friend seemed embarassed, but never said anything to the girl.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
I agree. Too many loud talkers out there.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
Thanks for keeping your voice down.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-07 AT 10:17 AM (EST)

I have no idea why you would be offended. The only reason for other people to even exist in the world is so they can listen to the incessent nattering at full volume of everything that goes on in my magnificent brain. {/sarcasm}

*tries to switch to inside voice*

I've got one of those obnoxiously penetrating voices. Even at low volume it carries. I usually go to events in order to actually watch and listen to the durn thing. If I want people to listen to me talk I will invite them over to my house for coffee.

*sigh* I don't know why some people buy tickets to go see things, they don't pay any attention to anything other than the neurons firing in their brain. You can listen to that at home for free. Why annoy other people with every thought in your head? Why?

"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top."
- An English Professor

ETF make an s into the d it should have been.

and to add. I'm not usually one for justified homicide laws, but I don't think I could ever convict someone for offing an incessant nattering loud mouth.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
Simple solution. Every time they get too loud, join in the coversation. Say "Oh! you're a lawyer? We've got to talk. I was an abductee, and I want to sue the federal government to release all the Roswell documents!"

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
I would have said something to him. I have said something to a loudmouth before. "I paid to watch and HEAR this, please keep your voice down. Thankyou."

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
And this is why we call you the outgoing mouse.

A Tribephyl work of art

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
*SQUEAK*

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
I do speak up. It is my duty to to. Especially since I realized that "justifiable homicide" is not a valid defense in these cases. Now, if I could be guaranteed a jury of my true peers, I would have a shot of winning.....

I have also enlisted the help of an usher.

I am sort of joking. I get WAY too angry at obnoxious people that are wrecking my enjoyment of a function that I would either have a stroke or would lean over and slap them if I didn't speak up.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
Well, it depends on the situation.

Talking is one of the several reasons I simply will not part with my hard earned money at a movie theater. I simply will not pay $8 plus another $10-15 more for refreshments and then have to sit through a film that doesn't live up to my expectations while at the same time being forced to listen to several dozen teenagers' discussion of their sex lives, how stupid their parents are, how cute Joe Blow is, where they're spending spring break, etc. I've given up on seeing anything on the big screen ever again because I refuse to pay a premium for lousy service and rude customers.

I do, however, expect people to talk during a sporting event or a concert. I certainly do it, I must admit. I do, however, draw the line if:

1) the discussion is never about what is happening on the field, rink, or stage;

2) the discussion is non-stop for the entirety of the event, regardless of subject;

3) the discussion is someone on the other end of a cell phone line.

And then I turn into my mother and give them a piece of my mind. That's usually quite effective. My mom was an intimidating person when she wanted to be and I find I can channel her in these situations.

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-04-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
Along that same line, last movie we went to (Wild Hogs - your fave, Geg!) we had a lady in front of us that REEKED of perfume- (She was obviously on a date - trying to woo some dude) but we couldn't move to get away, due to the packed theatre on Opening Day.

And it was not a pleasant smell...just had to hold that $5.75 bag o'popcorn closer to my face!

And... she kept talking as well.

My hippos love Tribe!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
You need to pack one of those little personal fans in your purse, turn it on, and blow her fumes right back at her.

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-04-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
Or "accidentally" spill my $3.75 soda on her so she'd HAVE to leave.

But then I'd have nothing to wash the expensive, butter-laden popcorn down, so that's out of the question.

My hippos love Tribe!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
I'm with Geggy on this. In a movie or a play or a symphony, NO TALKING. PERIOD.

At a sporting event or rock concert, talking is OK *IF* the talking is about what's going on on the field or on stage. But if you're just gonna go jabbering on about whatever, take it someplace else...to a restaurant or bar, or somebody's house maybe.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
That was you?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "LOL"
For a second there I thought this was a whole thread devoted to my new office mate-aside from the constant talking he beatboxes. He ain't no Blake. HUGE hiring mistake. Oy.

I went to a show last month where the guy behind my group was talking almost the entire time. Yes, even during the quiet parts. OMG! Loud monotone. When it picked up again after intermission I turned and said ENOUGH! Please be QUIET!
-after that he got shusshed by everyone else after he opened his incredibly loud gob.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "You're George"
You're George...

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "and they"
are the unshushables.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-04-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
That totally sucks. I do the glare...the "shhhhh", and if pushed, the "glare with a "please be quiet I'm trying to listen" Usually the loud "SHSHSHHHHH" does it!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-04-07, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: You Talk Too Much"
It's definitely rude at a play or a movie, but it doesn't really bother me at a concert or sporting event. Of course, for me, concerts tend to be so loud, I can't hear the people I'm with, let alone the people seated around me, so that's not usually an issue.

As far as sporting events go, the only ones I tend to go to are races, so again, talking around me isn't really an issue, since I can't even hear my own voice screaming "C'mon, Dale, PASS HIM!!!!"

I do attend our school games for yearbook purposes, and I have to say I'm getting really sick of parents from the opposing schools. They scream at THEIR OWN team. I feel really badly for some of the kids on the opposing team because their parents are just screaming at them from the stands. "You should have gotten that!" "You're playing like crap!" Then they get going on the refs. Monday night was a perfect example. Our opponents were kicking our tail at a soccer game - it was just about over and they were up 5 to 2. But they still wanted to scream (right behind me, of course) that the ref kept making bad calls against them.

Luna's Eclipses

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •