The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Higer Power?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-07-02, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Higer Power?"
I have a line of thinking that came to me last night. I was reviewing the series thus far and something struck me. Maybe not a pattern, but a higher POWER! What if the final four is as follows: N/P/S/V. Now let me explain.

In episode 1, when Maraamu lands on the beach, Sean and “Holy” Peter roll around in the surf, etc. Sean thanks the almighty, etc. Boston Rob states that either these two are crazy or they are playing the game way early. Well history showed us that Peter “holy” boy was crazy, and maybe Rob was right, Sean was playing the game early.

Next would be V. She is clearly a very religious person. She has said that Maraamu members must find their inner strength, etc. and that hers came from the Lord Jesus Christ. Enough said about V.

When N/P/K/G were the little tribe that could (following the boot of Sarah “don’t stand to close to the oven” Monkey-girl) we would see N leading them in morning prayers. She is most likely a Mormon from Utah, otherwise known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or LDS. So she is obviously got a religious streak as well.

Paschal is a southern, white, conservative judge from the heart of the Bible Belt. I’m sure he is religious and has also taken an active part in the prayers, etc. He also seems to discuss “This Feeling” a lot. He did it when Gabe was around; He did it after they voted John off.

Could the final four bind together due to faith? Will they vote The General out, then instead of fighting over Kathy as the swing vote to break up either the N/P or S/V pair?

This would then leave N/P/S/V in the final four. Sean and Vee will think they have a much better than 50% chance of winning the next immunity. (Sean is strong; V has been an IC contender all along, whereas Pascal and Neleh may be thought of as weaker, and not as much as a threat as Kathy is.)

They can hope to win the next immunity, vote out either N/P (most likely Neleh, since Sean and Pascal are close, or are they?) and go into the finals against Paschal.

This would also tie into the episode 2 statement by Sean saying an AA can’t win this game, and MB setting us up for an AA to win the game.

What do you guys think? Never underestimate the power from above, not just the power of the waterfall or water in general on this series?

Thanks for listening, hope you enjoy some food for thought.

And Remember, Youth and Wisdom Rarely go Hand in Hand.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Higer Power? MC_Hampster 05-07-02 1
 RE: A Higer Power? Ra_8secs 05-07-02 2
 RE: A Higer Power? toddE 05-07-02 3
 RE: A Higer Power? samboohoo 05-07-02 4
   RE: A Higer Power? Dreamkumo 05-07-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Higer Power?"
Funny, I had this same sort of idea this morning. I remember hearing about a comment from Jiffy before the show aired that religion played a big part in this game and something about people voting together for religous reasons. Now, you could easily make an arguement that this has already happened with S/V/N/P/K, but we really know that they simply voted together out of necessity to counteract the Rotu-4. Perhaps there was more to their bonding then that, but who knows.

I was wondering though though, if when it comes down to final 5 that S/V/N/P would vote together against Kathy, all of them being Christian or part of a Christian-like religion. After thinking about it, I think we're going to see K/N/P vote against S/V, mostly out of respect for their original tribe.

-MC

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Higer Power?"
I agree with the all the God reference stuff. It's actually a spritual show this S4. (Maybe subconscious post 9/11 editing from the crew?)

I've had fun tracking the prayer meter, and the Oh My Heck meter (much less blasphemous than OMG!). There's been much greater spiritual community on the show than in the others. (Just don't give me too many Amens! Amen Sister or Amen Brother or Halellejua. (however you spell it).

So, the S/V and N/P pairing up for final 4 makes good sense.

It's also a habit (pun intended) for MB in his hidden Monk's cloth to give us misdirection clues that the masses buy into, omissions that the masses miss but not us spoilers, but also the occassional snippet of true statement and belief. Sean's AA win comment could therefore be true.

Rating them, regarding who's really pssied off whom, and won challenges, I think

Neleh - "She's so damn sweet" said Kathy. That's a burr in the jury's side, and she's joined Pappy on a RC win. They won't like her laughing control of the situation after John committed suicide for his group.

Paschal - winning challenges now. Morally he may deserve it, but financially the jury will say he doesn't need it.

Vescepia - She's like some ghostly spirit just sliding through the game. Hasn't won anything, I think. But the office manager doesn't have to do anything, really, just make sure the rest of the office runs smoothly. Giving a little tweak here or there. It's a smooth run for her. For that the jury will think she hasn't "suffered" enough to get their vote.

Sean - painted bad angry black male early, and hence lamo competitor. An RC win with Pappy. He is really a smart one. And the "we didn't see it coming" thread that MB always tries to produce could very well have him winning.

-RA

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-07-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Higer Power?"
An interesting thought, and it was mentioned that religion plays a part, but I think it was referring to some religious CONFLICT, which I could only see possible if some of the other "biblies" turn on Neleh. I also don't see this happening, so I think it was a red herring, like the continuous "romance" and "villain" rumors.

The challenge at 4 is the fallen comrades, not in any way physical and anyone's game. If they vote out Kathy fifth, they are idiots.

Not that they won't do it.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-02, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Higer Power?"
I think you have made some good points, but I just don't know if it will happen. I would have really believed it had it not been for Sean & Vee's little talk last week about going after Neleh this early. I just don't see him planning to go into a tie with N/P.

Also I agree with you about Sean being strong. He therefore could be an IC threat. But Vee -- no way. I wouldn't label her as a contender, unless it's a bible trivia challenge. Look at how easily she gave up in the RC last week.

Dreamkumo 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-07-02, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dreamkumo Click to send private message to Dreamkumo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Higer Power?"
I believe that Vee is an IC contender. She gave up in the water RC challenge because she obviously cant swim. Maybe a basic Doggy Paddle, but not much. I picked up on Vee not swimming during the RC with the coconuts that Pappy and Sean won. Vee was one of the only two to not go into the water, instead she gathered on the beach. So Vee isnt a good swimmer, but the last two IC's usually dont involve swimming so it wont matter.

Last week, Vee was right behind Robert in the IC, I'm not sure but I do believe that she was second to get fire. She wa pretty darn close to winning IC but she didnt feel like she needed it like Robert needed it, so that might explain why she didnt win. When Tammy won IN in the stilt fighting, who came in second? Vee did. Vee may not have won a reward challenge, but has come in second in several ICs. And the people that she is coming in second to, are either voted off or on the chopping block (Tammy, Robert, and maybe Zoe)

Vee is definately an IC contender, which is the one that counts. Giving up in the last RC may have been good for Vee. It made her look weak and she didnt look like an IC threat. But when it came to the IC, she was right behind the winner.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •