The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Theory: Is the shocking "event" Sept. 11?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rat Patrol 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-02, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rat%20Patrol Click to send private message to Rat%20Patrol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Theory: Is the shocking "event" Sept. 11?"
When I saw the preview for next week's episode, with all the contestants expressing what appeared to be overwhelming shock and sadness about an "event" that shakes up the whole tribe, I immediately thought that the "event" must be that someone comes to tell the tribe about the events that occurred on September 11th.

I don't know anything about when the filming of Survivor 4 took place, so I don't know if this makes sense chronologically, but I think it's the best explanation for the reactions shown by ALL the contestants. If the Tribe had received news of the death of Vee's grandmother, they all might be saddened, but I really don't think it would elicit all the powerful, raw responses we were shown (tears from many, shock from Robert). This also makes sense with Pappy's comment about "something like this makes you realize what's really important."

FYI, I've also been watching Frontier House (a sort of reality show on PBS where families have to live for 3 months like pioneers on the 1883 Montana frontier -- no contact with the outside world), and on that show the producers came in mid-filming to tell the families about what happened on Sept. 11 and they showed the families' reaction to the news.

If, in fact, Survivor 4 was in the process of being filmed on Sept. 11, how could MB justify not telling the contestants about such a significant event? (especially if Sean has friends and family in NYC)

What do you think about this theory?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 December... MikeD 05-03-02 1
 RE: Theory: Is the shocking "event"... samiam 05-03-02 2
 Also... MikeD 05-03-02 3
 NO TechNoir 05-03-02 4
 Hey Shakes... Bebo 05-03-02 5
 RE: Theory: Is the shocking "event"... jenlenzi 05-03-02 6
 RE: Theory: Is the shocking "event"... Rat Patrol 05-03-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "December..."
I think this season was filmed at the end of last year - the survivor people got back to the US a few days before Xmas, I believe - can anyone confirm?

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-02, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Theory: Is the shocking "event" Sept. 11?"
This is the SECOND post I've seen today about this. S4 was filmed in November and December. Sept. 11 had nothing to do with it.

Lock, mods, please.

"You are a fluke of the Universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not, the Universe is laughing behind your back." - Tony Hendra, Deteriorata

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Also..."
these were happy tears. Im guessing that the tears they are crying are tears of joy because one lucky person will be runited with their family...

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "NO"
If you read this board at all you will know it is December.
And this was asked (and answered) on the East Coast Spoiler thread yesterday.

60 Pixel Series, No. 2

"Sweetie, if you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up space..." Flo Kennedy

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Hey Shakes..."
Is this a new nominee for WORST.POST.EVER?

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

jenlenzi 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenlenzi Click to send private message to jenlenzi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Theory: Is the shocking "event" Sept. 11?"
It was Vecepias Birthday last episode and her Birthday was December 9th. SOOO...it is December, so the shocking event must be something else other than Sept 11th..

Rat Patrol 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rat%20Patrol Click to send private message to Rat%20Patrol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Theory: Is the shocking "event" Sept. 11?"
Well, sorry about the mixup then. I don't have time to check the board very often or read all the posts, and I hadn't seen anything on the board about this issue or about filming dates.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •