The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-02 AT 11:19 AM (EST)

I really thought that was significant and could potentially have some spoiler value. There was no reason that Tammy and Robert should have voted for Vee, especially when it was her birthday and Neleh was the only potential target (aside from Tammy). I would like to throw out a jilted lover theory. I think that T/R approaches S/V (or potentially were approached by S/V) with the potential of voting Neleh off. In either case, we saw some of the discussion on the beach between S/V and apparently they ultimately decided to get rid of Tammy.

Perhaps, though, they decided to get rid of Tammy the immunity whore FIRST and then cast in their lot with the General in the next episode. Not likely, since this would only insure a tie, but potentially a line of line.

A more likely issue, if they did indeed approach T/R is that Robert rats them out to try to buy another week.

Any other thoughts on why T/R voted the way they did? I think it was definitely strange. You have to think that it is a relfection of something that happened off-camera, since there seemed to be no logical basis for it. Is there more to this vote?

EDITED TO ADD: The other possibility is that they were trying to put a scare into S/V - making them feel vulnerable so they may be more willing to cast their lot with Robert next week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What was with the two votes for... DarkLotus 05-03-02 1
   RE: What was with the two votes for... katem 05-03-02 10
 Tammy said... Wacko Jacko 05-03-02 2
   RE: Tammy said... DarkLotus 05-03-02 3
 It shows that Neleh is safe and Vee... JohnMc 05-03-02 4
   RE: It shows that Neleh is safe and... infinitesurvivor 05-04-02 11
       RE: It shows that Neleh is safe and... Loree 05-04-02 12
 RE: What was with the two votes for... jkokoj 05-03-02 5
   RE: What was with the two votes for... steppingrazor42 05-03-02 7
 RE: What was with the two votes for... simone 05-03-02 6
   RE: What was with the two votes for... PagongRatEater 05-03-02 8
   RE: What was with the two votes for... katem 05-03-02 9
       RE: What was with the two votes for... simone 05-05-02 14
 RE: What was with the two votes for... BaquaR13 05-05-02 13
 Tammy must have had a plan. Napalm in the Morning 05-05-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
Eh, I've noticed that random votes that seem to make little sense tend to go nowhere- Kathy's vote for Zoe, Zoe's vote for John, and T/R's vote for Vee.

I'm sure there's a good reason that we haven't heard. And unless Robert plans to tell Vee that the two votes were cast by two other people, I see no reason that it'll ever come into play.

- Dark Lotus
"My balls... my balls... my balls..." - Sean Rector

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
>Eh, I've noticed that random votes
>that seem to make little
>sense tend to go nowhere-
>Kathy's vote for Zoe, Zoe's
>vote for John, and T/R's
>vote for Vee.

I agree that last night's surprise vote against Vee was silly. But as for the others that you mention, Kathy's vote for Zoe, was more to let Zoe know that she was on to her, and indeed two TC later Zoe was gone for those reasons (she was lying to much).

As for Zoe's vote for John, he said in an interview (I believe it was at SFever) that Zoe really did not know how to play the game, and maybe that was the reason she did it.

Most of the time, I think, those random votes actually have some purpose, like the Kathy vote, we will have to wait and see if Robert just basically has cut complete ties with Sean and Vee and won't even bother trying to allign with them. Don't won't do it anyway.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-03-02, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Tammy said..."
When she cast her vote for Vee that it was because she didn't work as hard as the others in the camp. I thought that was strange because they were complaining about Neleh and even Sean in the past but never has that been said about Vee.

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-02, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tammy said..."
Maybe she's just as invisible in the camp when work needs to be done as she has been on the show.

- Dark Lotus
"My balls... my balls... my balls..." - Sean Rector

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-03-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "It shows that Neleh is safe and Vee is not"
I just posted this before reading this thread. Pretty much summarizes that Neleh is safe and we simply got misdirection from EBM.

<http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2757.shtml>

Robert is next in the pecking order, followed by Vee. Robert did foolishly expose himself by voting against Vee, thereby making himself a bigger target than before. But he simply couldn't vote for Tammy, his little sister.

One thing that I didn't mention in my earlier post was the importance of food. If Robert catches the pig, he will definitely raise his standing in the tribe. They are SO hungry right now that the food catcher will survive at least 3 more days just so that they can live. Also, if Kathy catches a shark (and we know she won't), her standing increases also, though she isn't remotely in trouble right now.

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-02, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It shows that Neleh is safe and Vee is not"
"Is a pig.........that hard to catch!"-Chandler Bing

How far would one go, to satisfy hunger....the pigs are obviously there.
A primative, yet effective, trap surely is always an option, or a last resort.
Due to the complexities of voting stradeges: providing food, with only days left, will not gain game-influence.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-02, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It shows that Neleh is safe and Vee is not"
I agree, with so few days left I don't think catching a pig will save Robert. They will eat good and feel they can make it to the end without catching another pig. Robert has to cause the final 5 to doubt each other or become angry with each other to save himself. Otherwise without immunity Robert is gone next.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-03-02, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
I think when Sean was talking about approaching R/T that it was not him that brought up the subject. I think Vee may have been the one to come to him. Remember Sean said something to the effect that if they did go to R/T that they would be on the chopping block if something would go wrong.

Maybe Vee went to Tammy and Tammy plan got tired of Vee switching sides. I was talking to my hubby about this last night. Vee has switched sides more than any other survivor. I count a total of 4 times. I am counting the first episode where she voted for Sarah and made good comments about Hunter. Then she votes with Rob/Sarah to get rid of Hunter. The switch comes and she votes with J/R/T/Z against Rob. Then she joins up with K/P/N. This girl has played on sooo many sides I would think someone would have caught up to her.

Maybe Tammy and Robert went to K/P/N and said look this is what is going on and they did not believe them b/c of past lies regarding John and the alliance. So in turn at TC R/T decide they will send a message to Vee.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-03-02, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
I definitely think you are right!! I think the votes for Vee were a message to her saying if she makes it to the finals "we won't forget you changed sides so many times". This morning on the Early Show Tammy was asked about the Vee vote and said it was only because of her lack of effort in the last couple days. She probably didn't want to say too much about "other" reasons.

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
On the morning show, Tammy said that she had approached Vee for an alliance (T/R/V/S) and Vee had refused (which suggests that the Vee-Sean conversation might have been initiated by Vee and not Sean). Seeing no way to save herself when Vee refused, Tammy might have just voted for Vee out of spite.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
Thanks for clearing that up. That is kind of what I was suspecting, so I'm glad to hear that I was correct! It will be interesting to see if Rob is able to use the failed S/V defection to stay around and get rid of those two first. With Vee's history of jumping around and the history of players who do that, there is at least on outside possiblity that the General can stay around a little while longer. It would certainly fit the "mpst unpredictable survivor ever" motiff.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
Simone, you actually incorrect. Tammy said on the Early Show the she approached Vee "to feel her out", to see if Vee might be inclined to switch alliances "again" (as Tammy said), but she got the vibe that Vee was not ready and let the matter alone and never approched Sean or Vee with it again.

She said that seeing the show last night and how Sean and Vee talked on the beach about switching alliances, that she practically kicked herself for not pursuing it.

In conclusion, she NEVER asked Vee to form a new alliance.

She also reiterated that she and R voted against Vee because in the last few days, Vee had been down and low energy and was not pulling her weight in the camp.

simone 52 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-02, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simone Click to send private message to simone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
Doh! I'm sorry about the misinformation...serves me right for not getting up and watching it myself and just taking what my boyfriend said at face value....I bet she is kicking herself, too.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What was with the two votes for Vee last night?"
It is hard to think that Tammy was "giving up", but in a sense i think that is what she was doing. She knew that she would receive those 5 votes and wanted her and Rob's vote to go to the person who deserves them. As far as her voting for Neleh, i doubt it was that much of a consideration, i think that this whole Neleh thing is edited to be something WAY bigger than it really is.

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-02, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Tammy must have had a plan."
Knowing how competitive Tammy was, I find it very difficult to believe she cast her vote for Vee simply out of spite and/or just because Vee "was not pulling (her) weight" as Tammy said when casting the vote.

From recent interviews, we know she at least approached Vee to "feel her out" about a potential alliance, which Tammy assumed lead to a dead end. More importantly, we know T/R went directly to P/N in Ep 9 hoping they would be open to the idea of voting off S/V. Remember they asked them, "Do you want (S/V) standing at your side in the end?" Since they knew Pappy had some small bond with Sean when they won the feast reward, V was a more likely target.

Therefore, IMO that concludes T/R felt their best (or only) shot was to vote for V, hoping either N/P may consider her at TC instead of Tammy.

WHAT ABOUT KATHY in all this? Is it possible we were not shown T/R approaching Kathy for a vote against V? (Was this ever brought up or discussed in any of Tammy's TV interviews?) Could T/R somehow thought there was a possibility of K voting V as well?

Regardless, in the end, I believe they all felt Tammy was just too dangerous as a IC winner. Therefore, any hints that N/P or K may have given T/R towards S/V did not come to fruition.

Still, S/V must be kind of freaking out about the two votes against her. It must be in the back of their minds that V is now a potential target even if they are certain T/R cast the votes.

Let's assume they all know T/R made the two votes against V. Then, the General will definitely be the prime target of S/V. Also, with his IC win last week, the General might as well ask the rhetorical question, "Do I have a bull's-eye on my forehead?"

The General now has no other shot but to convince N/P~K to vote off S/V. However, he has never seemed to be the type of player who can manipulate votes. If he thinks catching a pig might save him, then I guess he IS as dumb as he looks!

Unless the General wins IC again, he's gone despite they obvious play on Neleh that EPMB has thrown in our face.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •