The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
It's a Family Affair, or If I hear the Paolo Mom and Kids Scream at Each Other One More Time I'm Going to Kill Someone.

Or, the dad might kill Phil with his pent up aggression after listening to those mopes in his family for two days.

Anyway - that's not why I'm here. The point is Nutzy isn't and I just know there's a plan to do the Lvoe List, but it's not up so I'm putting up this place holder until AR shows up and takes it over.

In the mean time feel free to post your already completed lists (HD!).

Me? I'll be back later when I've had time to reflect and get the image of the P's out of my mind so I can think clearly.

Posting this sigpic in honor of 'nutz who is a proud member
of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate...
and Shroomhater! - shroom go
boom!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 HistoryDetective 09-28-05 1
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Joools 09-28-05 7
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Rothschild 09-29-05 20
       RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 HistoryDetective 09-29-05 22
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 coolflowerpowerman 10-01-05 29
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 yensid 09-28-05 2
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 FLORIDAGAL 09-28-05 3
 *smooches* ARnutz 09-28-05 4
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Seana 09-28-05 5
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 ARnutz 09-28-05 8
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 redbaronii 09-28-05 6
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 mrbluesky 09-28-05 9
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 CattyChat 09-28-05 10
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Max Headroom 09-28-05 11
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 j11kat 09-28-05 12
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 callasin 09-28-05 13
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 712 09-28-05 14
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 television 09-28-05 15
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 djandy 09-28-05 16
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 FFantasyFX 09-28-05 17
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 PhoenixMons 09-28-05 18
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Diego 09-29-05 19
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Lisa0116 09-30-05 25
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 sittem 09-29-05 21
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 PlumBlossom 09-29-05 23
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 CouchTater 09-29-05 24
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 ARnutz 10-01-05 26
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Cygnus X1 10-01-05 27
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 adricharlie 10-01-05 28
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 cahaya 10-02-05 30
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 Seana 10-02-05 31
       RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 cahaya 10-03-05 32
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 ARnutz 10-03-05 33
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 sittem 10-03-05 34
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1 HistoryDetective 10-04-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
So far, I hate all these people. It’s hard to choose a family to put at the top of the list.

1. Linz Family – Cute but stupid, which is fine for the first episode. They better get on the ball though because cute only gets you so far. (Just as the youngest Black kid.)

2. Aiello Family – Way too heavy on the “worthy to be in the family” crap, though the comments at the end seemed to be the result of Phil’s pointed questioning.

3. Bransen Family – They didn’t make much of an impression, though there seems to be a preponderance of young blonde women this season.

4. Schroeder Family – The most inane things just came out of that man’s mouth. He’s quite a little performer in front of the camera. That's not a compliment.

5. Gaghan Family – Don’t send the rugrat to get the clue from “Frank” if she’s going to just stand there and look timid. The singing in the buggy as they passed another team was funny, but a little bit of precocious kid goes a long way.

6. Godlewski Family – Too much squealing. You’re grown women, not teenage girls.

7. Weaver Family – It’s not their fault, but I feel as though they were cast just for the emotional manipulation factor. I hope they learned to check their equipment and make sure they know how to use everything, like the brake, before they begin any other tasks. The mother seemed rather stupid: “Is Pennsylvania a state?” Too much testifying; God didn’t intervene to help the Christian models win…

8. Rogers Family – So, the man is the head of the family? Sexist pigs can live near the bottom of the love list. I’m sorry that the rest of them are stuck with him, though maybe he’s managed to indoctrinate them to the point that they will just smile and nod in agreement with everything he says.

9. Paolo Family – The mother and the oldest son need to STFU already! No, Marion, you can’t just stop for a sandwich. The older son acted like a snotty teenager. I was surprised to find out that he is 24.

Philiminated - Black Family – I wish they could have stayed around longer, especially considering who is still in the Race, but the scowl on the youngest one’s face at the end was pure evil. I guess that being “cute” didn’t get him too much after all.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Yay!! I'm so glad this post went up. I swear I was compiling my list in my head as I was going to sleep last night.

1. Aiello family - The dad is the weak link for sure, but the sons-in-law are great. The "stroke it" line in the boat had me doing a double-take. This is CBS??

2. Bransen family - I like the idea of a dad doing the race with his daughters and I think they're going to wind up a pretty strong team.

3. Godlewski family - Glad to see them do so well, very happy about the 20K win. Makes me wish I had a sister.

4. Linz family - Love, love the sister/brothers relationship. They make me laugh and I hope they go far.

5. Weaver family - Waaaay too much shrieking and squealing, but I still like them.

6. Rogers family - I honestly don't remember a single thing about them so they're here mostly by default.

7. Schroeder family - Don't like the dad, like the daughter more than I thought I would, mom and son didn't make any impression on me.

8. Gaghan family - Someone call Planned Parenthood, I think I've found the stars of their next campaign.

9. Paolo family - Crossing my fingers they'll self-destruct next week so I won't have to listen to their constant disrepect towards the mom.

Philimnated - The Black family. They weren't my favorite team but I was sorry to see them go considering who's still around.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-29-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Yes, Mrs. Weaver is a Christian and that automatically makes her stupid in the eyes of all the "good, open-minded" people in the world, but couldn't her confusion about Pennsylvania be between a State and Avenue ?? As a Jew who lived in the West Village (a neighborhood north of SoHo) for more than 5 years, I was on numerous occasions asked during the summer tourist season (US, foreigners -- even Canadians ) "Where's Pennsylvania Avenue?" Previous NYC clues mentioned streets, considering the stress and TV editing, maybe a little humanity is in order --- God be with you Mrs. Weaver.

09-29-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
I believe that the clue instructed them to go to the state park in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania. Usually in the word combination (town or city)(comma)(word) that (word) is the name of a state. For example, I live in Baltimore (city), (comma) Maryland (state). My parents live in Reading (town), (comma) Michigan (state). It's a quite useful convention in the way that we write the English language.

For the record, I'm a Christian who is smart enough to not only know the names of all fifty states but also recite them in alphabetical order. I never said that her stupidity is linked to her Christianity.

If you're looking for "humanity" toward reality television contestants (DAWs) then you're going to be really disappointed in the bashing that takes place around here.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-01-05, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Gaghan Family-- The kids are cute and funny, the parents are supportive... it's all good!

2. Godlewski Family-- After putting up with a lot of crap from the other teams they proved themselves by winning the leg.

3. Linz Family-- They're nice and funny enough, but severely underperformed in the first leg!

4. Aiello Family- Meh. Don't care.

5. Rogers Family- Meh. Don't care.

6. Weaver Family- Annoying... God is not going to help them win. Their screaming is annoying, and yes, Pennsylvania is a state. They are probably pretty nice people though, so they're not on the bottom.

7. Branson Family- Meh. Don't care.

8. Schroeder Family- Ewww, they suck.

9. Paolo Family- The Worst Team Ever... I can only hope their elimination will happen sooner than later.

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-28-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Great first episode. Interesting families, this should be fun.

1. Gaghan family - I love them. Good strength for all 4. Helpful to the other teams, as in the tent building. Seem pretty smart and few mistakes. Even with doing the harder of the two detour tasks, they were able to make up ground and finish in 2nd.

2. Linz family - typical brothers and sister. They don't take each other too seriously. Don't forget to get a map the next time.

3. Godlewski family - ok...too much screaming, but I guess if I had just finished first after running with the middle of the pack for two day and also getting $20,000, I would probably be screaming too. Just don't do it again.

4. Bransen family

5. Aiello family - too much worthiness going on but a strong team if they can over come dad's weaknesses

6. Schroeder family

7. Weaver family - Way to much screaming and they are too loud. Calm down and pay attention. Not too bright either.

8. Rogers family - don't like the father is always right stuff going on

9. Paolo family - this is parental abuse. I feel sorry for the mom

Eliminated - Black Family - sorry to see you go, I had high hopes for you.

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-28-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Gaghan family - They are freakin hilarious. I love the Rugrats. Someone will stuff that boy in a trunk before it is over.

2. Linz family - Most likely to win it all. Very athletic brother's and sister. The boys need to listen to sister a little more. But they were fun to watch. "I'm gonna Puke"

3. Godlewski family - I love the nickname on them already. The desperate housewives.

4. Bransen family - OK

5. Aiello family - Father in law is the weak link.

6. Schroeder family - The father is a Drill Seargent

7. Weaver family - My personal favorites!!!! The whole Florida thing and all. I am a Nascar fan and remember when the father was killed. A little preachy but they have been through a lot.

8. Rogers family - OK

9. Paolo family - IF THIS WERE SURVIVOR THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN VOTED OFF!!!!!! They have to go!!!!! How do you spend 1/2 of the first leg of the race on your home turf and come in 2nd to last?

Eliminated - Black Family - I loved this family! I hated to see the sad faces on the kids.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "*smooches*"
Thanks sittem for the shout-out!!! I had a blonde moment!

I'll be back with my list later too!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
I feel badly for bugging Nutz now. *smooch* to Nutz for not telling me to kiss off.

My list:

1. Gaghan: They've got spunk. I like the little girl. I loved the singing in the wagon. I like the encouragement they give each other. Like 'em.

2. Weaver: So far I like their teamwork. But people, please - praying the loudest doesn't get you the win.

3. Linz: I was kind of looking for a fun dynamic for this bunch, but I don't think they're really focussed on what they're doing. I repeat: the Aiellos beat them in the wagon pull.

4. Godlewski: Don't know them well enought to (dis)like them.

5. Aiello: same as above

6. Bransen: same as above

7. Schroeder: Some people can do insensitive humour and it works. This guy is not one of those people. The mom said that Southern peeps were stupid. They keep calling the Gaghan kids "rugrats".

8. Rogers: The man drives? Oh-kay then. If it weren't for the Paolos, they'd be last.

9. Paolo: How much more disrespectful can they possibly be? And in the scenes from next week, we see how it's the father's fault, when the mother blames him. I can see why he just stays quiet and looks straight ahead. Those boys are an embarrassment.

Philiminated: Black family. I liked them, too. Dang. They'd have been 2nd.

This is the 3rd season I've wished the first eliminated team was still in the game. FYI: Avi and Joe (TAR6) and Chuck and Ryan (TAR7)

Dubbed "Gong Show Reject" by zombiebaby 09/14/05

09-28-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
No bother at all. I? would never tell you to kiss off! (I'm inoffensive that way)

I promise, promise, promise that I will not forget my duty to my fellow TAR fans again!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbaronii Click to send private message to redbaronii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
My list #1 of the season...

1. Kevin and Drew - Can I do this??

OK...I would be serious now...but it's just hard to do the middle list since I don't have much impression with some of the families...
1. Linz Family - Well, they're really cute but HORRIBLE racer. They're kind of hilarious, however.
2. Gaghen Family - The children OWN another team. Really, they're smart, "good" racers. The singing in the buggy is a plus.
3. Godlewski Family - Well, the only reason they're this high is because they're the #1 team. Else, I really have to turn down my volume for my TV....Yep, they ARE the Desperate Housewives
4. Bransen Family - Blah...
5. Aiello Family - The dad is the weak side of the team. Other than that, not much impression
6. Schroeder Family - Blah...
7. Rogers Family - Again, not much impression. The father...ehh...yeah, just like what others said...
8. Weaver Family - Stop with the Praying thing!! They're just too loud, and the mom seems to be dumb...
9. Paolo Family – Can they EVER SHUT UP?? I'm sorry for the camera guy on their car.

Philiminated - Black Family – *sighs*Sad to see them go. The whole family is so in Unity, the parents are good at bringing the team together no matter what. Next time, stop getting lost...

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-05 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

1. Weaver family Didn't like them at first but somehow began to cheer for them as the show went along.
2. Bransen family I like how they get along.
3. Gagham family Probably unlike the rest of the world, I like the little boy more than the little girl. The little girl kind of runs the family her own little way.
4. Aiello family Will probably move them up as the race goes along.
5. Linz family Gotta give them credit for a hard fought effort.
6. Godlewski family Enough of the screaming already. Once the newness of the race wore off, they were more bearable.
7. Rogers family Kind of an uneventful race, imo.
8. Schroeder family He's openly a jerk and his family makes excuses for him.
9. Paolo family Whew, enough fighting already.

RIP -- Black family. I was hoping they would not be eliminated, but they were. Very nice family it seems.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-28-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
This is starting out better than I thought it would. Great 1st ep, but with a lot of surprisingly poor showings for what one would assume would be the strongest teams.

1. GAGHAN - I knew this was going to be a team that had it together. That little girl is the BEST RACER in this edition so far, IMO. The boy is a little obnoxious, but this is an overall great family.

2. LINZ - They kept me chuckling & have a healthy sibling rivalry thing going on. They better step up their game & play smarter, though.

3. AIELLO - Daddy No-Neck & the 3 SIL's are fun to watch.

4. BLACK - I'm bummed they're out so soon, they were such a sweet, cute family. Reggie is blessed with a great family.

5. BRANSEN - Daddy & his 3 daughters are all sweet. At least they're showing that not all of us blondes are squealing idiots (sorry Godlewski's) or airheads (I'm talking to you, Linda Weaver).

6. ROGERS - Neutral opinion. They didn't get on my nerves, but didn't impress me so far.

7. SCHROEDER - Neutral also. See #6. Father a bit obnoxious & on my nerves, mostly because it's so obvious that he's trying to be an a$$ for the cameras. Pathetic.

8. GODLEWSKI - If they would quit that high-pitched squealing, I would like them a lot better. They hurt my ears.

9. WEAVERS - Again, too much screaming!! Also, mom is not too swift. I wanted to like them more, especially for the sympathy for their father. I'm sorry, but I have to say that I think someone is telling this family to stay away from motorized (and un-motorized transportation) -- daughter driving wrong way on one-way street in NYC; then the buggy taking down mom. I'm really frightened for this team on this race

10. PAOLO - Being of Italian heritage myself & coming from a completely functional, non-obnoxious Italian family, I am so over these stereotypical families. The Paolos take the cake & I do see families like theirs all the time. It's sad & I can't watch them anymore.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Here goes:

1. Bransen - Doomed because Dad can't keep up, but my faves thus far.
2. Gaghan - Kids make the team funny, parents make the team go.
3. Aiello - Tons of potential here, but dad-in-law's gonna be a heavy burden.
4. Schroeder - Not too exciting, not too unexciting.
5. Rogers - Hasn't TAR had enough beauty queens?
6. Linz - Will probably move up, but ran a poor race leg.
7. Weaver - Sorry, I'm not impressed.
8. Godlewski - Team Estrogen, way too much squealing.
9. Paolo - At least Teri and Ian were competitive.

j11kat 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-28-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail j11kat Click to send private message to j11kat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
I went to school with tommy for 8 years so i am rooting for the LINZ family all the way!!! Megan..u go girl!!

callasin 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-28-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callasin Click to send private message to callasin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Linz Family – My favorites. I bet they think twice before choosing the physical task next time.

2. Aiello Family – The cute quotes about proving their worth in the family was a bit much but overall I like these guys. I think that gimick will end soon.

3. Weaver Family – I'm going to forgive all their praying because they have just been through a terrible time and their faith is probably much more a part of their lives than it may have been in the past. They don't seem to be the smartest racers but they genuinely care for each other and I want something good to happen for them.

4. Bransen Family – They really didn't stand out much but seemed like a nice family.

5. Rogers Family – Another family that I don't remember much about other than they talked about being from LA and seemed like a nice family.

6. Schroeder Family – I love the kids but the father seems to think he has to act like Jonathan.

7. Godlewski Family – Please stop screeching!

8. Gaghan Family – I keep getting the creepy feeling that they are doing this to get their precious kids some exposure and an agent.

9. Paolo Family – They need to go next. They should have gone last night. My mom would never have put up with us kids mouthing off like the Paolo boys. The only thing I liked about them was the kid recognized Kevin and Drew.

Philiminated - Black Family – I liked them even if they weren't the strongest racers and I feel bad that a team with little kids was eliminated first. The dad reminded me of my dad, calm under pressure and always there to support his kids.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-28-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1) Schroeder - I was expecting a kid who thinks he's top shit, a Flo, a Ray, and a stepmother who the kids hate. As much as I would have loved to have had this been the case (aside from the Ray), I LOVE THEM ANYWAY. The kids seem more like actual kids than I would have predicted, and they all seem gung-ho about the whole thing.
2) Godlewski - Remind me of my mom and her sisters so much it's not even funny.
3) Bransen - Two Kamis, a Karli, and their dad.
4) Weaver - Mom's got that whole cigarette smoker vibe that I find endearing, Rolly's gonna carry this team.
5) Aiello - I LOVE DAD-IN-LAW'S POSTURE!!!
6) Paolo - Older son is a total and utter #####, younger kid not only slightly better but also only racer to recognise Kevin and Drew. Mom is funny. Dad is invisible.
7) Linz - I'm the leader! No I'M the leader! NO I'M THE LEADER-uhh.
8) Rogers - Dad doesn't seem like a very nice man. I predict that they win.
9) Gaghan - I hate them so much, all of them equally. "The All-American family with the golden hair." Make me vomit.

Black - Good riddance. Not only some of the worst racers of all time, but also DULL as all get out.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-28-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
This edition is going better than I expected. It's really interesting to watch the different dynamics at play in the different teams, how their decisions are made and how they relate to each other differently based on their relationship to each other. At any rate...

1. Linz Family – Definitely my faves, to the point where I was praying that they would beat SOMEBODY at the end. They have a great attitude towards each other and the game, and I enjoy that. Interesting, funny, silly, and they don't take the race too seriously and bicker with each other (which I can never stand in teams). Their easygoing relationship with each other seems to bode well for their success in the race. The first time they fell back from first was a dumb mistake, but they made it back into fourth for the detour, which showed their skills. The detour, in my opinion, wasn't their fault, as the tasks weren't equal. So, they'll do well.

2. Gaghan Family - Give them props for finishing so well with the "handicap" of small kids. Also, the mom and dad seem positive (not necessarily authoritative, which is good), and the kids are no more annoying than any kids at that age - sometimes I enjoyed their attitude. It's interesting to have kids - as the singing in the wagon showed, they can get away with being obnoxious where other people wouldn't, just because they're kids. I hope they stick around.

3. Aiello Family – I like the way they get along. Another team positioned to do well by the nature of their relationship - they don't have those lifelong quirks that annoy each other all the time. The sons-in-law seemed to be personable, and it's kind of neat to think that none of them are actually related, and yet they're going on this grand adventure together.

4. Weaver Family – An obvious sympathy vote for viewers, but they do seem really genuine and I do want them to do well. Yes, they're a bit heavy on the God, but I thought it was nice to see TAR (and television in general) focus on the healing power of faith rather than simply casting people that shove their faith down everyone's throats all the time.

5. Godlewski Family - Good racing, and they're fun to watch sometimes, although very annoying at others.

6. Bransen Family – Nice folks, but the dad kind of gets on my nerves for some unidentifiable reason. He just seems a bit too.... bland, or something.

7. Rogers Family – I was turned off by the "the man is the boss" talk, and laughed ironically when the daughter said "because we're from the south, people will think we're slow, which means that we're stupid", but they kind of grew on me from there. A bit of charm, they could go up or down in weeks to come.

8. Schroeder Family – Dad looks like John Ritter, acts like Jon Baker. The dominant personality in the group, he just made me hate his whole family right away.

9. Paolo Family – If you're reading this, you probably saw the show, which means I don't have to say anything more. As with the post above mine, the only thing I liked about them was the kid recognized Kevin and Drew.

Philiminated - Black Family – They were nice and all, but bland as heck. That might have just been editing because they had no story to develop, but I never got a feel for them. They'd probably be just above/below the Rogers' if they were still around.

Honourable mention - Kevin/Drew would have been on top of the list, just for handing out hot dogs. Great to see them again. God, I hope they do an all stars sometime.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-28-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Bransen - Loved the father-daughters relationships.
2. Gaghan - That little girl can run! She beat all 3 Weaver females to the mat.
3. Aiello - Love the joking back and forth.
4. Linz - Fun-loving siblings.
5. Godlewski - Calm down and you'll be more entertaining.
6. Weaver - I hope this trip brings them together as a family.
7. Rogers - Male chauvenist Dad.
8. Schroeder - Awful Dad.
9. Paolo - Horrible family.

Out: Black - Nice family. Too bad they moved so slowly and kept getting lost.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-28-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Rankings:

1.) Aiello Family
2.) Schroeber Family
3.) Gaghan Family
4.) Linz Family
5.) Weaver Family
6.) Rogers Family
7.) Bransen Family
8.) Godlewski Family
9.) Paolo Family

OUT: Black Family

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-28-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Been a while since I've done a love list...here goes

1. Gaghan family - cute kids, smart/strong team & overall good racers - what more could you want?

2. Schroeder family - dad is a little irritating, but the kids are hilarious and the mom seems fun, too.

3. Aiello family - a guy and his sons-in-law...this could get interesting, but for now they are a fun team

BIG DROP

4. Linz family - sucky racers thus far but amusing (as someone else said, the brothers need to listen to their sister more often)

5. Weaver family - if for no reason other than that mom got right up after having been run over by a buggy...

6. Godlewski - their cawing is uber annoying, but they are good racers (so far)

7. Bransen - were they even there? I don't remember the dad at all

8. Rogers family - that the 'head of the house' is a sexist asshat surely doesn't help - the kids seem fine so far but dad's little intro speech sure made me biased against them...maybe in time they'll move up

666. Paolo family - O.M.H. - those boys are the kids from HELL - the younger one in particular (gee I wonder where they learned how to treat women) and I hope the mom strangles them a few thousand times before the race is over.

Philiminated: Black family. They were a nice family, was hoping for a better showing from them because they were so supportive and friendly AND because they had little ones.

The family edition, to me, should have been either 2 adults, 2 kids or all adult family members, not a mix. Now there's really only one family with two small children...a bit odd, IMO.

Oh and which of the gals said "is Pennsylvania a state?" YIKES! MY 4 year old daughter knows that Pennsylvania is a state!

Got blog?

Diego 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-29-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Diego Click to send private message to Diego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Great to be back, hope everyone enjoyed their summer. I used to be Diego Trip but I cannot remember my password and the email I used is now cancelled. By the by, does anyone know how to change the password?

Season 8 - Here we go ...

Best Moment - Kevin and Drew pimping franks at the worst possible location for a hot dog stand in NYCity.
Worst Moment - Keeping track of the mostly non-diverse racers (thirty-six white people and four Blacks - I guess America is not the melting pot I was taught it was.)

Best Task - None of them.
Lame Task - All of them.

1 - 6 - Paolo - Stereotypes in Motion - These guys must stay in the race for a few more weeks. They make Jonathan and Victoria look normal. They are hi-larious. Their antics will wear in a few episodes, so I going to go ahead and give them props while I can. Is there a penalty for losing a clue?

2 - 3 - Weaver - Wing and a Prayer - I really like this team. That Rolly boy is gonna pull them through in many challenges. I questioned their change-up during the detour, but what do I know, they still came out first out that task.

3 - 9 - Linz - Raging Bulls – So pretty to look at, but so very clueless behind the wheel. Why didn’t they do a better job of switching positions during the detour? No more love for them next week unless they step up their game.

4 - 1 - Godleweski - Desperate Housewives - The editing wasn’t evident but I swear these ladies were hitting the juice during the entire leg.

5 - 4 - Rogers - Father Knows Best - eh ...

6 - 8 - Aiello - Stroke It, Hard - SILs will drag FIL through every leg.

7 - 7 - Bransen - Future Desperate Housewives - eh ...

8 - 5 - Schroeder - Needs more Airtime - eh ...

9 - 2 - Gaghan - Not So Cute - I tried liking them. I really did. I think they’re good racers, but 25% of the team (that annoying little $#!+) gets on my nerves and that’s enough to bring them to the cellar. On someone’s blog, they called them the Gaggin Family ...

10- 10 - Black - (Philiminated) - There goes the Black Family. Quite frankly, those kids had no hustle. Their name totally reminds of my favorite Chapelle Show skit evah ... (I'll keep it PC and not go into further details.)

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-30-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Keeping track of
>the mostly non-diverse racers (thirty-six
>white people and four Blacks
>- I guess America is
>not the melting pot I
>was taught it was.)

Just wanted to comment on this-you are right that the cast is not very diverse, but I was taught that America is NOT a melting pot. We don't melt into generic people that all think and act and look the same.

America is a salad bowl-full of lots of good and diverse people who retain their own cultural flavor.

09-29-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Ah, it’s great to be back to the ole’ lvoe list!

I think this’ll be a quick one today as it’s almost 48 hours since they raced and memories fade quickly. I did find I wasn’t quite as disappointed as I thought I might be going in with the family approach.

1. Weaver – I didn’t think I’d like this family all that much. I was concerned about the sympathy factor. However, they showed up and took it seriously and raced well. Also, the "faith factor" works for me - I may expand on that some day.

2. Branson – They get my support here for the “local factor”. They live a few miles from me so I have to support them. In addition, two of the girls attend the same college my new DIL graduated from in Michigan. Beyond that, they did ok and will continue to get my support, though I doubt they’ll go far.

3. Rogers – I’m not sure what it was about them but they felt pretty positive to me.

4. Gaghan – I have to respect them for the buggy ride, though I hated the singing and wasn’t to fond of the kids – even my kids of the same age say they shouldn’t be on the race.

5. Godlewski – Another “local factor” family, but very aggravating with their screaming. They’ll have to do better with that next week or they could fall.

6. Aiello – Could prove to be entertaining in the long run with interplay internally, but they didn’t show me enough this week.

7. Linz – I love that they got smoked in the buggy part. I don’t like their attitudes, but I fear (as I usually do) that the young and the strong will eventually win. That would really disappoint me.

8. Schroeder – If it weren’t for the P’s they’d so easily be last. This guy could be as bad as Jonathan IF his kids weren’t there. That may be all that’s holding him in relative check. Can’t stand them.

9. Paolo – I won’t even bother because I’m sure all of you have said it better than I could. I don’t think I’ve been this disappointed in a non elimination for a long time. Dad better get a handle on this family soon.

Eliminated - Blacks - it was very disappointing to see them get eliminated. I thought they were very likeable, but they were NOT prepared to be in a race. There was just no sense of urgency with them. Had they survived a week or two maybe their calmness could have become an asset, but we'll never know.

It’s so great to be back and have a number of people already participating in the LL. I’ll be back on Monday to wrap up the weekly statistics and make some observations about what YOU like and don’t like from your ratings.

And finally - a shout to PM - it's been a long time lady!!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-29-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Gaghan
2. Bransen
3. Aiello
4. Godlewski
5. Linz
6. Rogers
7. Weaver
8. Schroeder
9. Paolo

Black - so sad to see them eliminated. They would have tied for first with Gaghans if they had stayed

an IceCat original

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-29-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Philiminated, but #1 in my book- The Black Family!- I love these people. I’m sorry that they got the ax so soon.

1.- Paolo’s- While I think that they probably don’t deserve this position, and how they treat each other is crap, they are by far the most entertaining family for me so far. I love the mother. For some reason these guys’ bickering doesn’t bother me like Jonathan and I forgot her name, did.

2.- Aiello’s- I think that they work great together, but the father-in-law might keep them from going as far as they can go. I’m rooting for them though.

3.-Bransen’s- I like this family, but here again, the father is the weakest link and might be the Philimination of them.

4.- Gaghan’s- These guys work well together, they don’t fight and they stick together. The boy was really funny when singing “she’ll be comin round the mountain,” (didn’t know kids even knew that song today), but I think these kids will get annoying real fast.

5.-Roger’s- I don’t remember anything about them.

Families I can’t stand right now

6.- Linz’s- The brothers- obnoxious jerks. I couldn’t stand to be around them for any length of time. I was glad they had to sweat the last road block. I feel sorry for the sister; she’s obviously a non entity in that family.

7.- Schroeder’s- The father is an A** plain and simple. While on some level his anti political correctness could be taken as refreshing, it’s NOT. He’s just a jerk and so are his wife and kids for laughing at his stupid comments.

8.- Godlewski’s- Just ridiculously annoying! That constant screaming got on my nerves from the get go. Can’t wait to see ya’s go.

9. Weaver’s- While I really feel for them loosing their father and husband and all, I just don’t have any respect for people who ask Jesus for everything. What ever happened to “God helps those who help themselves.”

I’m sure the list will change

10-01-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Like:

1. Aiello: A fun and funny bunch of guys. They had a lot of good quotes during the first episode (although I can't remember them now)

2. Gaghan: I like the little kids! They worked well most of the time and did a good job despite having two small kids.

Not sure yet: ~ I'll probably have more to say about them mext week.

3. Linz: How does a very strong looking team screw up so badly? I like the personalities here though. The sibling dynamic is great!

4. Bransen:
5. Schroeder:
6. Rogers:

Do not like:

7. Godlewski: Ugh!!! These ladies are totally annoying!!! maybe it's because I'm one of 4 sisters?

8. Weaver: God doesn't have time for your frivolous race issues. He's busy with much bigger problems in this world. Please stop praying so much! Please go home!

9. Paolo: That poor dad! The mom & sons are horrible to each other!

Philiminated ~ Black: Very sorry to see them out first. I felt really badly for the little boys.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Gaghan. They may not stay in this position, but you gotta love a couple kids with snark. I'm surprised Carissa didn't know who the Festers were.

2. Bransen. Maybe the most down-to-earth family out of this bunch.

3. Aiello. They may have chosen the wrong Detour, but I like their pluck.

4. Linz. While they too made the mistake of the buggy pull, just like the Aiellos, their attitude should serve them well. Of all the women on this show, Megan (one of the few non-blondes) may just be the prettiest.

5. Weaver. Okay, the prayer thing got old (separation of church and DAWs?), but they at least had the sense to abandon the buggy and go build. But we'll have to see if Linda says anything else like "That's the state of Pennsylvania?"

6. Rogers. Who dey?

7. Godlewski. I want to see the look on their faces when they get Philiminated.

8. Schroeder. You asked for the eeevil family edit, you got it. Wonder what the kids' mom thinks?

9. Paolo. Drama queen and her court. Including the clueless dad who thinks everything's okay.

Nice Teams Get Philiminated: Black. I'd sure love to have them over to dinner, but they just seemed to be way too much along for the ride.

We go to Lancaster every fall for outlet shopping (no tax on clothing!) and R&R.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-01-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
1. Linz - They are very entertaining but definitely need to work on their racing ability if they're going to stick around very long. They kind of remind me of Brian and Greg.

2. Aiello - These guys seem to work good together, I just hope the FIL doesn't slow them down too much.

3. Gaghan - Kids were kinda funny and they worked well together.

4. Weaver - Not the brightest group in the world but they are at least trying hard and working well together. Probably partly a sympathy vote but we'll see......

5. Godlewski - They're ok.....

6. Bransen - They didn't seem to get a lot of airtime but they're not annoying yet.....

7. Schroeder - I thought they were being set up to be the evil team but they weren't too terrible yet.......maybe next week.

8. Rogers - Can you say male chauvinist pig?

9. Paolo - Ok the kid recognized Kevin and Drew but other than that I cringed every time they were on the air. That youngest one needs to learn a little respect. If I had ever even hinted to talk to my mom that way my dad would have shut me up real quick. Not only are the kids totally disrespectful but the Dad is non-existent.

Philiminated - The Black family - I kinda liked them and felt bad when they lost. That is a lot of pressure to put on such little kids.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Thanks sittem for posting this season's love list! Nutz, somehow I can't imagine you blonde, even for a moment.

It was quite a premier episode, with somewhat unexpected good & poor performances, as well as some early revelations of character (or lack thereof).

Now that I'm back in Malaysia after a hectic visit back home to Indiana, with some online time at last to do a few posts, here's my TAR 8 Leg 1 love list (subject to revision after viewing a rerun on Asia's AXN early next week):

1. Gaghan - Good, fun, sing-song family chemistry, bringing out a little bit of being a kid that's within each of us. I'll be cheering for them!

2. Aiello - Dad and three son-in-laws get along unexpectedly well for being in-laws. Dad may be a slow-down factor in future episodes, though.

3. Bransen - Dad and three daughters have good chemistry and seem to have it together, individually and together. It's good to see CFO dad doesn't treat his family like a corporation.

4. Linz - For being what should be the strongest team, they barely escaped elimination. Good chemistry, easygoing attitude, but they'd better get going in the race!

5. Godlewski - Someone mentioned 'desperate housewives', but I wouldn't put them at that debased level just yet. While they were initially high in the noise factor, they were also amazingly high in the race factor, winning this leg.

After somewhat of a gap...

6. Weaver - The old man upstairs helps those who help themselves, probably more so for those who invoke it privately rather than publicly. Then again, it isn't divine knowledge that Pennsylvania is a U.S. state. Their placing here is more out of sympathy than reason.

7. Schroeder - Ho hum. Unlikeable Mr. Schroeder is trying way too hard to get his 5 minutes of lame-humor fame before the Philiminator strikes. Placing here is more out of pity for (and actually kind of liking) the other family members.

8. Rogers - Mr. Rogers isn't my idea of a role model father, no pun intended. Who says we don't have unlikeable models this season?

Another gap...

9. Paolo - Mama mia! We'll be seein' ya! (We can only hope!)

Sincere condolences: Sorry to see the Black family go. They seemed nice, maybe too nice. I would much rather see them in the race than some of those still in the race.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
*Insert TAR-related statement here*

There you are! Come play!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Ah! Almost forgot about the 'Be the Amazing Racer' fun. Thanks for the heads up, Senna!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

10-03-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Nutz, somehow I can't imagine you blonde, even for a moment.

LOL! I was born a strawberry blonde and over the years my hair has faded from it's original glowing glory to a dirty blonde.

...but I am forever working hard to erase those stereotypes!

Welcome back!!!

10-03-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-05 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

Where to begin with the Family season? First, it’s great to be back and we’ve had some pretty good participation to begin in spite of not a lot of hype heading into the season. So far this week we have 24 lists (last season for the first week we had 27), but I’m hoping for some late entries – especially from three of our top regulars from last season, seahorse (understandably absent with his hurricane problems), dasmole and jealousy. If you know ‘em, let ‘em know we miss them!

We want to welcome some “newcomers” to the list this season – at least they are new in that they did not post last season – PhoenixMons, yensid, mrbluesky, CattyChat and PlumBlossum.

One thing I introduced last season was the Perfectly Average Poster. Any poster whose list perfectly reflected the total average postings of the list received this special honor. This week we don’t have anyone who is Perfectly Average, but we do have one poster who was 89% Perfectly Average, with only their 3rd and 4th place rankings being switched from the total list average – our man in the East – cahaya!

On to the rankings. They’re presented as: this week’s ranking; name; (last weeks ranking) total points this week - average ranking this week (first place votes)<last place votes>

1. Gaghan (-) 75 – 3.1 (9)<2>
2. Aiello (-) 79 – 3.3 (3)<0>
3. Linz (-) 83 – 3.5 (5)<0>
4. Branson (-) 94 – 3.9 (3)<2>
5. Godlewski (-) 123 – 5.1 (0)<0>
6. Weaver (-) 127 – 5.3 (2)<1>
7. Schroeder (-) 147 – 6.1 (1)<0>
8. Rogers (-) 155 – 6.5 (0)<0>
9. Paolo (-) 197 – 8.2 (2)<21>

(edited to fix some big errors on averages - used wrong divisor)

Observations:

1. The obvious one doesn’t really have to be stated, but I will. The Paolo family is drawing the ire of almost everyone, though there are a few who love the controversy and rated them #1 (in fact they tied for fourth in first place rankings). We’ll see if they can maintain their Jonathan/Victoria type of loathing.
2. The top three spots are very close – within 8 ranking “points”. At one point as the rankings progressed, each one of these families held first place at one point or another. It seems likely at this point that we could have multiple first place teams this year. Last season we had three who held it down – BG, RA and UJ in that order
3. There’s still a lot to shake out. Seven families of nine received first place ranks, though only three received last place due to the P’s.
4. Two families got no first place nor last place ranks. It’s odd that the Rogers received no last place ranks since they ended up in 8th.
5. The most diverse family was the Weavers. They received at least one rank all the way from 1 through 9. Their biggest “issue”, whether positive or negative seemed to be their faith expressions. No other team matched that diversity of ranking.

Looking forward to our next Pheeeelimination and your rankings for the next leg of the race

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

10-04-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 8.1"
Thanks, sittem. I always enjoy the rankings and the analysis.

In regard to #4, I wonder if it was because people found Mr. Rogers pretty awful as an individual and consistently ranked the family low as a result, whereas people found the entire Paolo family just awful and consistently ranked them at the very bottom.

I'm nuts for Nutz ... and Syren too.
journal

Congrats on almost 3K.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •