The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did I miss something here?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Johnny88 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Johnny88 Click to send private message to Johnny88 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did I miss something here?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 03:42 AM (EST)

What did Brook do to deserve getting voted off? I must have miss that part.

Chris cost his team the competion that brought them to tribal council. Rory wasn't getting along with everyone. Yet Brook takes the fall. Was the group threatened by his good looks or something? I don't know. Maybe someone can fill me in.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did I miss something here? SatHizFakShon 09-17-04 1
 RE: Did I miss something here? Draco Malfoy 09-17-04 2
   RE: Did I miss something here? Drive My Car 09-17-04 3
       RE: Did I miss something here? Draco Malfoy 09-17-04 4
 RE: Did I miss something here? mmm_link 09-17-04 5
   RE: Did I miss something here? tvhead 09-24-04 33
 RE: Did I miss something here? ssshaw 09-17-04 6
 RE: Did I miss something here? mikey 09-17-04 7
 RE: Did I miss something here? landruajm 09-17-04 8
 RE: Did I miss something here? love2smile 09-17-04 9
   RE: Did I miss something here? anotherkim 09-17-04 10
       RE: Did I miss something here? Pretty_Kitty 09-17-04 16
           RE: Did I miss something here? love2smile 09-18-04 28
       RE: Did I miss something here? love2smile 09-18-04 27
 RE: Did I miss something here? Oscirus 09-17-04 11
 RE: Did I miss something here? Gin 09-17-04 12
 Agree FesterFan1 09-17-04 13
   RE: Agree Estee 09-17-04 14
   RE: Agree shanana banana 09-17-04 15
       RE: Agree Dakota 09-17-04 17
           RE: Agree nailbone 09-17-04 19
           RE: Agree Brownroach 09-17-04 24
 RE: Did I miss something here? jeremyagain 09-17-04 18
   RE: Did I miss something here? TanNymph 09-17-04 20
       RE: Did I miss something here? nailbone 09-17-04 21
       RE: Did I miss something here? AugustGirl 09-17-04 22
           RE: Did I miss something here? jeremyagain 09-17-04 23
 RE: Did I miss something here? Loquatrix 09-17-04 25
 RE: Did I miss something here? Nanook 09-17-04 26
 Bumping IceCat 09-19-04 29
 RE: Did I miss something here? dabo 09-20-04 30
 RE: Did I miss something here? KObrien_fan 09-20-04 31
 RE: Did I miss something here? jeremyagain 09-21-04 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SatHizFakShon 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-17-04, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SatHizFakShon Click to send private message to SatHizFakShon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
That boot came out of left field, huh? I think it's playing out to be the "old guys" versus the "young guys", and Brook was by far more of a threat than Chris.

Never mind that the men didn't exactly shine in the challenge, and that booting the weakest link first would have made more sense. But what do I know? I couldn't understand half of contestants' language.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Alphabetical? No, cause that would put Brady first. Unless they were afraid of how big their files would grow if they voted off the FBI agent first.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did I miss something here?"

Hey! No dissing the hot Fibbie!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Hey, any chance to tweak the feds is good with me. Hot or not.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-17-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Of course there is probably much behind the scenes to justify Brook's boot but we are not privy to see it. Another misdirection on MB's part.

tvhead 230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvhead Click to send private message to tvhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
i seem to remember a conversation including chris and ???
where it was decided brook should go due to the young, virile threat factor
he was a pawn

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-04, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
I'm not sure why Brook was the first one out either. Maybe MB thinks we don't care about the first boot and decided not show why he's the first boot.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-17-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
When they were showing the votes at tribal council, I was seriously asking "which one is Brook?" I still can't figure out what he did for a living.

With 18 contestants and an opening stunt, you really need a 90 minute episode to help us figure out who the players are. I don't think he even had his normal introduction of the players.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
MB gave it away with Brook's confessional about Chad's leg.

It was Brook because for one thing, he was a jerk, and for another, he was arrogant--remember the eternal theme of hubris? He was one of the four young guys conspiring against the older, smarter guys. And I'm guessing he was such a pig that there was some cutting-room-floor stuff, too.

love2smile 194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

I couldn't figure it out either! My husband and I were looking at the TV with disbelief! It would have made more sense to vote off the guy that made you lose, but not too many of them look that bright.

I sure hope these guys don't turn out to be moronic buffoons like the last men vs. women, but it looks like history might repeat itself!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did I miss something here?"

no, it wouldn't have made sense to vote off Chris, at least not from the standpoint of the "old" guys. They need to secure their numbers. If Chris was gone, they would then be picked off. Brook was no great loss. He wasn't a huge physical help and his attitude apparently sucked. Plus, this certainly showed the pretty boys who is in control. Excellent choice, IMO. Chris will much more useful in the future than Brook.

--hubris is an excellent word.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
I thought the idea to boot the youguns was a good one. If I have to watch another survivor with the "cute girls" and the egomanic young bucks winning everything I will lose my mind with age comes wisdom I'd like to see someone win who has played the game with their brain as much as their muscles

09-18-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail love2smile Click to send private message to love2smile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
<and the egomanic young bucks winning everything>

So now we'll have to watch the egomanic old bucks win everything. Young or old, they're stll gonna suck!

09-18-04, 10:15 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
I understand the other viewpoints. I was just saying IMO that I would have gotten rid of the weakest player.

But yes, I do realize that they have to "secure" their numbers.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-17-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
The older people finally started actually playing the game and weren't about to let brook and his dumb crew bully them into telling them who to vote off. So in terms of value I say that superman should be going next.

Gin 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gin Click to send private message to Gin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
So was it Chris (the balance beam challenged guy) who said during his TC tidbit that he started playing the game at the beach? Was the "old guy" alliance what he was referring to by that statement?

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Agree"
Who's editing this damn show, anyway? Rory barks orders, Chris completely unravels at the IC, but clearly Brook is the choice to send home? The guy makes one flip comment about Chad and conspires with the Johns to vote out the weak link (neither are the least bit unprecidented nor do they usually mark one for death in Burnettopia), and that is supposed to suffice?

Hey Burnett, if you're going to spend the first 15 minutes of your show on a pig roast and 2 tribes wandering around in the dark, you need 90 minutes minimum, especially with 18 of these idjits.

Fester

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Agree"
And a chorus here. Is this season being done by the same editing crew that's been working on The Apprentice? No contestant introduction, some confessionals that had better turn out to be relevant later because they were pointless now, the ceremony dragged on forever, the walk to the beaches managed to take longer than that, and what were the only things that really targeted Brook in the end? The spoilers and the Boston accent. Nice work, MB. Apparently you've gotten tired of playing cute games with us and decided to see how much we'd still enjoying bashing the show if you stopped. It's not an improvement. I admit that freely and of my own will. Can we go back to your standard 'I'm smarter than all of you put together' format now?

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Agree"
Agree, Fester. It's like we have no idea who Brooke ever was or is, and now he's gone. Usually they give the first boot a few extra confessionals or show some kind of friction -- something -- to justify the choice. Brooke's name just seemed to come out of left field. I surely hope this is not how MB is going to edit the show this year so those folks not privy to spoilers will have no freaking idea whose time is up each week.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Agree"
Saw his five minutes on the Early Show. He was funny during those five minutes. Seemed like an ok guy. So I replayed the episode to see what I missed. Still can't figure it out. As for young guys v. old guys, the young guys talked with Drill Sarg (whatshisname), so it's not like they were conspiring against the older gents. And where was Rory during all these discussions? MB blew it. I'm SO miffed.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Agree"
Drill Sarg (whatshisname)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Agree"
the young guys talked with Drill Sarg (whatshisname), so it's not like they were conspiring against the older gents.

No, but they were conspiring against "weak links", and Drill Sarge was afraid that he himself might be seen as one in short order.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

jeremyagain 25 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeremyagain Click to send private message to jeremyagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

Actually they showed why Brook was voted off. The "young" guys tried to get the Drill Sergant (don't know his name) to vote off Chris. Drill Sergant didn't say yes or no. He went away found Chris, and said hey if we want to win a million bucks we need to get rid of the strong competition. They first talked about voiting off Brady ? (FBI Agent), but decided he needed to stay as he was working hard on trying to make fire. So they then went to Brook. Made sense to me. It wasn't that Brook did anything. He was voted off because he was young, and strong. A potential threat near the end of the game. It's no different than when the younger players pick off the older players just because they are older.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Uh, yeah. I guess because voting off potential threats at the end game worked so well for Lex last time.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
But since the young guys were targeting older guys, he was a threat at the beginning of the game, too.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Omnia in bonum o-

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
I said the same thing to myself last night. Stupid, stupid, move. Wait until the merge to pull a Lex. Sheesh.

Lex = moron

09-17-04, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeremyagain Click to send private message to jeremyagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Well what was Chris going to say? He was grasping at straws he knew he needed something to stay in the game. Should he have said no I won't vote for Brook as I should go? Picking off the younger guys is no different than other Survivors when the younger people want to pick off the older ones. For Chirs it was a good thing that Drill Sergant came to him or he'd be gone.

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Was the group threatened by his good looks or something?

Er.... no?

Brook looked like a sock puppet, to me. An aesthetically displeasing sock puppet.

Nanook 189 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nanook Click to send private message to Nanook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
I respect them for not voting off Chris. You'd really kick somebody out just because they had difficulty walking across a slippery muddy balance beam that's about a inch wide? It's good they're giving the guy a chance. I'm not sure what the beef was with Brook. Perhaps poor editing resulted in us not seeing trouble he was causing? I'm guessing they didn't vote Rory off because dismissing the black guy first would result in some fool playing the race card. Based on his behavior on next week's show, I'm guessing he won't make it to the merge.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Bumping"

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
Sarge Lea wanted the Robfodduh job of being the one standing around calling the shots. He wisely laid back and let Brook reveal first that Brook wanted that job for himself, then Sarge targetted his main competition in the tribe for the Robfodduh job. Brook made the classic mistake of trying too hard to be the leader of the dumbdumbs.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
The reason the "Fat Five" decided to boot Brook was because the tribes are men vs women. They feel very confident that even their weakest guy is stronger than the strongest woman, so they aren't worried about losing Brook's strength this early in the game. (I am not in any way saying I agree with that way of thinking.) In fact, if they get hit with a twist and the men are then separated, who would you rather have working against you Brook or Chris? It was a logical boot in an all male tribe, and Brook was the least useful of the young studs.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

09-21-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Did I miss something here?"
What did Brook do to get voted off? How about join the game? There is a chance it will happen to most of them before the end.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •