The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 02:56 AM (EST)

Welcome, friends, to yet another season of Gufu Award. The Gufu Award was established to determine the dangdumbest gamemoves in Survivordum, and boy oh boy can we have fun with that! There are some new rules this time, but before we get to that, the past winners!

S1 Pulau Tiga (ep 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting (non)Strategy!
S2 Australian Outback (ep 11) Amber Doesn't Realign With Kucha!
S3 Africa/Kenya (ep 4) Silas' Strategy Proposal!
S4 Marquesas (ep 8) Rotu 4 Reveal Boot Order at IC8!
S5 Thailand (ep 7) Shii Ann's Defection Strategy!
S6 Amazon/Rio Negro (ep 10) Alex Scares Rob Out of Alliance!
S7 Pearl Islands (ep 4) Burton Gets Drake to Throw IC!
S8 All Stars: to be determined, go to this thread

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/2725.shtml
to cast your ballots!

So, the rules this season! Each week a new thread will be started for you to cast your votes and make your nominations!

Contestant Gufus: As before, you have two votes each week for Contestant Gufus. You can make these for whatever you like that can be blamed on the contestants, whatever dumbdumb things they've done that you think gufuworthy! You may cast your votes for gufus others have already brought up, or make new gufu observations. Each week's Contestant Gufus with the highest vote totals will be voted on at the end of the season to determine the ultimate winner.

Production Gufus: You have one Production Gufu nomination which you may make each week. Production Gufus are for all the things that can be blamed on production (rather, not on the contestants but on the producers, directors, camera operators, sound technicians, film editors, promo copy writers, etc.). Once that nomination has been made that Production Gufu will go into the pool to be voted on at the end of the season, so don't waste your nomination on something that has already been nominated!

Honorable Mentions: You may make as many Contestant and Production honorable mentions as you wish. These won't count as votes or nominations, but you won't be wasting your time by speaking your mind!

Marks: Please Please Please appropriately mark all your Contestant Votes, Production Nominations, Honorable Mentions, and Seconds. Failure to do so, especially repeated failure to do so, may earn you a Poster Gufu, which I will award entirely at my discretion.

Seconds: You have one Second each week which you may cast. Like that Honorable Mention Contestant or Production Gufu someone else came up with but you've already made your votes and nomination for the week? Well, second it, and that Honorable Mention plus Second will count as a vote or nomination. Who knows, maybe someone will second one of your honorable mentions. One Second per week, no use if used on a vote or nomination, only useful on an honorable mention, don't waste it.

Okay, people, there you have it. Get set, get ready ..... Gufu It!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Draco Malfoy 09-17-04 1
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 dabo 09-17-04 2
   RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Twisted Sister 09-17-04 3
       Ruling dabo 09-20-04 14
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 ssshaw 09-17-04 4
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Gin 09-17-04 5
   Ruling dabo 09-20-04 15
       RE: Ruling Gin 09-23-04 20
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Femme 09-17-04 6
   RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Dakota 09-17-04 7
       RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Femme 09-19-04 12
           Ruling dabo 09-20-04 17
       Ruling dabo 09-20-04 16
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 shanana banana 09-17-04 8
   Ruling dabo 09-20-04 18
 CHRIS Cathy the Canadian 09-18-04 9
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Molaholic 09-18-04 10
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 anotherkim 09-19-04 11
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 Ra_8secs 09-19-04 13
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1 dabo 09-20-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant Gufus:
1. The "bowheads" sunbathing while the older women work on shelter.
2. The men actually get an ember (amber?) from rubbing sticks together, but have no idea what to do with it.

Production Gufu:
It really should have been a hour and a half premiere. With 18 contestants and a pig-killin', there just wasn't enough time to show hardly anything, resulting in us not knowing exactly why Brook was booted.

09-17-04, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant:
Vote #1: Rory tries to herd the sheep before they even get to camp.

have to do the rest later

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Twisted Sister 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twisted%20Sister Click to send private message to Twisted%20Sister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
For a production GUFU I'd definitely vote for having an opening ritual that favored the male tribe and ignored the women.

09-20-04, 00:56 AM (EST)
14. "Ruling"
Good production nomination, I'll count this one as yours for this week. While the weekly Gufu Award threads are nominally vote threads, discussion replies are not discouraged here as they are in other voting threads. Gufu is just funny that way.

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant GUFU
1. Chris keeps falling off the balance beam and loses the challenge for Lopevi.
2. The men vote off Brook, who was one of their stonger tribemates.

Production GUFU
They decide not to show why Brook was the first person out.

Gin 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gin Click to send private message to Gin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant #1: inability to perform on balance beam causes loss. (or did he do that on purpose?)

Honorable Mention #1: Suggesting that the Lopevi (sp?) split up in the dark to find the campsite.

Honorable Mention #2: Insisting that the ladies give up on finding their campsite.

Production: Flat opening ceremony eats up too much game time & Did we really need to see the guys puking up the native juice?

09-20-04, 01:09 AM (EST)
15. "Ruling"
You have made one Contestant vote and two Honorable Mentions. You are allowed two Contestant votes, you have one left. The one you made will not count double simply because you made just one, it doesn't work that way.

Your Production nomination is actually two separate observations. I will count the first part as your Production nomination this week, the second part as an Honorable Mention. In the future please don't throw multiples at me.

Gin 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-23-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gin Click to send private message to Gin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ruling"
There were just so darn many. I hear ya.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-17-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant Gufus:
-Eliza alienates herself and her clique by not working, then complaining about others working (just to make her look bad, apparently). Has she ever watched this show before?
-Chris incapable of crossing the balance beam. It's not that difficult, so I think the pressure just got to him, which is a bad thing to display in front of the entire set of competitors.

Production Gufu:
-Having a balance beam competition as the first challenge. Way to dimish the women's victory; why not just say, "We want the women to win the first challenge, so save your strength; we're just going to give them the immunity idol."

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant GUFU's
1. Rory wanting the tribe to split and go in different directions. What were you thinking, Rory?

2. The younger, pretty girls (sorority gals) getting facials while the older women build the shelter. Well, Jenna did win that one, so maybe it's not a bad strategy. In the Amazon they laid around for three days before they started thinking, "Hey, should we maybe build a shelter?" At least someone thought of it this time.

Honorable mention:
Voting out one of their strongest players. Gee, has that ever happened before?

Production GUFU's
1. Not making the first episode 90 minutes to allow for the tribal welcome party. By leaving it a 60-minute episode, we didn't have as much time to get to know the survivors before we found out that Brook didn't get a rose. Let's face it, Reality TV is about the personalities. Surprising mistake by MB.

2. Not giving the survivors the regulation 4-inch beam. I think Mia and Scout were anxious to do a walk-over, the splits or something and I was ready to give someone a 9.6!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-19-04, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
I can get onboard with Dakota's honorable mention. I would like to second that. You don't vote the strong people out til just before the merge. Duh.

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

09-20-04, 01:15 AM (EST)
17. "Ruling"
Only Honorable Mentions may be Seconded. Good usage of the new rule!

09-20-04, 01:12 AM (EST)
16. "Ruling"
You have presented two Production observations when you are allowed only one. The first counts as your nomination this week, the second as an Honorable Mention.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

Contestant Gufus:

1. Rory already getting off on the wrong foot by being "bossy." (don't these people watch previous Survivors? lol)

2. "Younger, prettier" girls sunbathe and frolic in water while older women build shelter.

honorable mention: Chris falling off the beam 50 times in a row. Dude, scootch across already! You got further the one time you tried that way than the 49 times you tried walking it.

Production Gufu:

Having only a 60-minute opening episode of which 30 minutes was taken up by the opening ceremonies.

ETA: Dang, Dakota --- we're two minds alike here! lol

09-20-04, 01:18 AM (EST)
18. "Ruling"
Since another poster beat you to the punch on your Production nomination while you were typing, you may still make a Production nomination this week if you wish.

If Gufu is anything it is out to encourage as many observations as possible.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "CHRIS"
I'd have to agree with the votes for Chris. Not just because he couldn't do the beam, but because at the end he wasn't even trying.

Also, his comments at TC, about not having felt vulnerable at all despite his crappy attempt at challenge - it smacked of arrogance. Not something his tribe-mates were happy to hear I'm sure.

Rory - not so much his suggestion, but the way he said it all bossy and condescending.

Editing guffa - the selection this year. Not enough diversity. We are going to see a repeat of Africa's older/younger split in both tribes.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant GUFU ... Chris failing and flayling on the balance beam. Giving up while there was still a chance nailed it.

Production GUFU ... Too much time for the native cerimonies, give us the cultural lesson, but make it a 90-min premier.

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant: the bowheads sunbathing. Team building is essential in this game and they just blew it. Not only did they alienate themselves from half the tribe, they came across as lazy. Not exactly the image you want your tribe to have when it comes TC time. I can't vote for Chris's move because while it did send his tribe to TC, it did not elminate him from the game. He wasn't the only reason his team lost the challenge...he was just the last straw.

Production--the entire 10 minute "specatular" with the natives. Yawwwwnnnnn. Didn't even come CLOSE to living up to the hype (surprise) and wasted valuable "get-to-see-the-tribes-in-action" time. Horrible idea. Horrible. I no more watch Survivor for the cultural education than I do TAR for travel tips. Puhleaze.

--thanks for organizing this, Dabo!

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-04, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant

1. Chris failing to cross the balance beam. Tactical purposes saved his burly butt this time, but he's marked now.

2. Rory thinking it was a good idea to explore side trails in the dark of night on their way to camp. Paint a leader-wannabe target on yourself first day with an idiotic plan like that" Hey, guys! Here's what I say we should do: split up and get lost before we even find our camp."

Honorable mention. Eliza's inability to stop yapping. Her mouth was as open as her big beautiful round ... eyes.

Production

1. Making the tribes walk in the dead of night along their "beach paths" full of obstacles and slippery rocks. Somebody could've gotten hurt. I guess the moon and volcano gave enough ambient light to get through.

09-20-04, 01:37 AM (EST)
19. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 1"
Contestant #2: Eliza motormouth gets torqued at the workers for getting things done.

Honorable Mention: Twila gets angry at the goldbrick eye candy for making themselves easy targets.

Production: Making them crawl in the mud before walking the plank ... err, the "balance beam."

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •