The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tammy & Immunity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-29-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tammy & Immunity"

Can Tammy run the board and become a total "immunity ho"? I think it is more than possible that Tammy could ride immunity all the way to the finals.

Looking at the immunities that are likely to be left, we have:

* Jeff's lame story: Jeff tells a lame story, followed by everyone running around and answering questions based upon the story. This has been a staple in every season and produced one of the best Survivor moments of all time - Rudy and "I don't know".

* Second Chance: Once again, a staple. A combination of previous challenges. Generally has been won by the dominant immunity threat.

* Fallen comrades: Semi-interesting fact: The winner of fallen comrades has never won the $1,000,000. Even if she won, Tammy would have a very tough time with the jury.

* Endurance: Except for the Outback, there has been a pure endurance IC in the finale.

I think that Tammy could actually run the board, if the ICs are similar to the past. She has been strong in most challenges, so she would be the favorite in Second Chance. By trade, she is a reporter - used to gathering and summarizing facts on the fly - and therefor represents a significant threat in Jeff's Lame Story and in Fallen Comrades. As for endurance, she's probably as strong as anyone left and EPM has shown that he is not above tailoring the endurance challenge to the sex of a given contestant.

Looking at who is left, it would appear that most do not represent a real threat to Tammy.

Neleh - Out of it except for possibly Fallen Comrades.

Pappy - Same as above, unless EPM decides to add a Bar Exam as a IC.

Robert - So far, he has proven to be about as inept in immunity challenges as he has been in counting votes.

Vee- Other than a final 2 on the stilts, she hasn't shown much in IC.

Sean - Clearly the biggest threat left in physical challenges. He looked hopeless early on, and was pretty clumsy on the stilts, but he has the physique to be tough in the physical challenges. However, Tammy may have more "drive" and that could prove the difference.

All in all, I would not be surprised to see Tammy run off a complete string as Kelly and Colby did.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tammy & Immunity Solitaire 04-29-02 1
   RE: Tammy & Immunity spartan 04-29-02 14
 RE: Tammy & Immunity SurvivinDawg 04-29-02 2
   RE: Tammy & Immunity smiles 04-29-02 9
 RE: Tammy & Immunity steppingrazor42 04-29-02 3
 RE: Tammy & Immunity King William 04-29-02 4
   RE: Tammy & Immunity Bebo 04-29-02 5
       RE: Tammy & Immunity SurvivinDawg 04-29-02 8
   RE: Tammy & Immunity Fast Eddie 04-29-02 6
   RE: Tammy & Immunity westgirl98 04-29-02 11
       RE: Tammy & Immunity King William 04-29-02 15
 RE: Tammy & Immunity cowboyroo 04-29-02 7
   Tammy's video clip weltek 04-29-02 10
 RE: Tammy & Immunity The Collector 04-29-02 12
   RE: Tammy & Immunity spartan 04-29-02 13
 RE: Tammy & Immunity MatineeIdol 04-30-02 16
   Sean ~ fallen commrades wendyp 04-30-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Solitaire 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Solitaire Click to send private message to Solitaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
First of all, you forgot Kathy, who is definitely a threat in the final endurance challenge, should she make it that far, and maybe Fallen Comrades too.

Second, to make it all the way, Tammy would need the longest string of immunity wins we've ever seen. I think Colby's streak started at the final 7 and Kelly's at the final 6...going from Final 9 on is going to be tough. Not to mention that even one fluke loss would likely mean that Tammy's gone, unless she can come up with a last minute alliance.

On the other hand, Tammy showed last episode that she's got the grim determination to pull out a win because she knows she's on the chopping blocks as soon as she loses.

04-29-02, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
Thanks. I have some sort of mental block when it comes to Kathy. Maybe it is a reaction to too many shots of Kathy in the water without a bra.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
You beat me to this post. I have been formulating some ideas (I know, look out!) about how far Tammy can go by virtue of her ability to win Immunity Challenges.

In almost any challenge of physical skill and/or dexterity, Tammy has got to be a top 2 candidate to win. She would be favored over Sean in things like "Fallen Comrades" and storytellings (and I think "The Princess" is going to be the storytelling episode and the story will be about some Polynesian princess).

The only thing I can see Tammy clearly not being a favorite: something like the boomerang throwing contest in S-2 (which probably saw its equivalent in the kite-flying already), or an Internet-Cafe/Family Answers type of challenge in which the answers of families determine winners and losers. Usually these are RCs, but could possibly be an IC this time around.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-02 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

She would be favored over Sean in things like "Fallen Comrades" and storytellings (and I think "The Princess" is going to be the storytelling episode and the story will be about some Polynesian princess).

I don't think Tammy would be favored over Sean in the storytelling challenge. Sean has proven that he is a physical and mental competitor in the Trivia challenge. Depending on where the storytelling challenge falls Sean could be a stronger force to be reckoned with. Right now Sean is safe in his "alliance" and he will be safe for one more TC. At that point he (and all of the other SuperMoos) will realize that it will be time to cannibalize and they will up their challenge performances. Remember Sean didn't start "trying" in the challenges until his butt was on the line.

smiles

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
It would be a damn long run to make it all the way to the end, BUT I definitely think Tammy could win immunity a couple more times. She's more motivated than Robert at this point to stay alive so I think that determination might pull her thru ( I don't see her winning the "Fallen Commrades" though....if she makes it that far she'll be axed that night.) Kathy is a strong contender and could keep up with her physically and mentally.

King William 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-29-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20William Click to send private message to King%20William Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
I disagree that Tammy needs to win all of the rest. She needs to win the next two. At that point one of the Supermoo alliance will have to go.

I think neither Sean or Kathy are above allying with her at this point. Frankly I think sean should go for broke this episode but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Furthermore neither of them want to stand next to paschal or neleh so the two of them become candidates for boot about this time.

So just a point, Tammy could take advantage of a situation then to form a new alliance. This could be the tie we've been looking for. kathy sean and tammy vs. vee neleh and pappy.

I not sure how likely it will be, but we are headed for a shakeup when the five vote one off. I figured it'd be neleh or pappy going at final five but this is another way to do it.

Of course I really have no evidence, but from a logic standpoint it is something to consider.

King

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
>I disagree that Tammy needs to
>win all of the rest.

Something's been bugging me that makes me think you could be right. When Robert walked away from the discussion with Tammy, Pappy, and Neleh, Tammy stayed and continued to talk. We have no idea what she said. She may have cleared the air with them. Doubtful, but I'm still going to keep an eye on her interactions with them in the next ep.

>I think neither Sean or Kathy
>are above allying with her
>at this point.

On the vidcap thread, someone pointed out a pic of Sean and Tammy near each other which could support this idea. We were shown Tammy & Robert talking to Pappy & Neleh, but I would not be at all surprised if Tammy approached others on her own when that failed. Or could the stonefaces after the RC be when Tammy wins RC and takes Sean along?

fluent in Sarcastic, Blahblah, and Mockery

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
I just love the way you think, Bebo. You've got such a sexy... mind.

Another point to add to yours: Vee and Tammy were friendly earlier on, when Vee aligned herself with the Rotu4Now2. That friendliness could still be working there behind the scenes.

As to the "stone faces", they're really pushing it (See George Tirebiter's SeeBSEyeMail post), and I think it does mean something... it'll be interesting to speculate on exactly WHAT it means.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
I believe that people are assuming too much in saying that Tammy and Robert are the next to go. With the Gufu alliance completely broken, the Muumuu 5 are bound to be looking at each other suspiciously. An alliance of 5 is pretty unstable. You're guaranteed only to end up 5th - not much better than they had before. These 5 are not a natural group to begin with; they are together only because they were forced together. They all have to be thinking about how to improve on 5th place. Tammy and/or Robert could prove useful. I think we'll be seeing more power shifts.

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-29-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
King, I love ya but I totally disagree with you.Mark has shown us this season that things are pretty much as they seem. I think the final four will be n/p/v/k and that they will vote Sean out before the final 5 so to me its imparative that Tammy win the immunities. I personaly dont like her so I hope she loses,past spoilers have told us there are a man and a woman in the final 2. I think it would be neat to be Sean and Vee but it could possibly be n/p? Interesting,but then my opinion is subject to change in the next 5 minutes!!

King William 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-29-02, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20William Click to send private message to King%20William Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
> King, I love ya

Thanks.

>but
>I totally disagree with you.

Thats okay, I've learned to put up with people who are wrong. ;)

>Mark
>has shown us this season
>that things are pretty much
>as they seem. I think
>the final four will be
>n/p/v/k and that they will
>vote Sean out before the
>final 5 so to me
>its imparative that Tammy win
>the immunities. I personaly dont
>like her so I hope
>she loses,

Frankly, I don't like her much either, and I'd say her chances of winning both the next two are low.

But I don't see the n/p/k/v being to kathy's advantage. and while she may fall flat on her face I don't see her just letting that happen. She has always shown herself to be a grab the bull by the horns type of person. She realizes that she's got to form an alliance to get to the final three. She's got Sean and Vee or Pappy and Neleh. Who would you want to go against in the final two, since you like both groups fairly well.

At any rate, I think both Sean and Kathy want to win enough to vote out Neleh and Paschal. _Vee_ will decide who gets the mill.

Given that the outcome and my speculation here is very uncertain:

I began wondering what _might_ happen if Tammy gets the next two immunities and becomes a second swing vote when Supermoo breaks apart. If Tammy is smart she'll take the risk of a tie (she has nothing to lose) and try to ally with the 2 left in the cold, whether that be Kathy and Sean or Sean and Vee or Neleh and Paschal.

I just don't see it being so clear cut the follwing week when it is 4 of the now cannabalizing super moo and Tammy. They could lobby her for support or vote her out either one.

King

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
I do think they may keep Robert around since he is not much of an IC threat, but I would strongly say that the minute Tammy doesn't win IN she is gone. She is too strong of a competitor.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Tammy's video clip"
On the official CBS site, all the survivors have a little "exclusive video" clip. On Tammy's, she says something to the effect that her stragetgy after the merge is to simply win challenges. Hmmmm, coincidence that they picked this footage to show for this clip?

Almost exact word-for-word quote (I figured someone would make me go look it up if I posted without it):
"When it comes down to the more one-on-one, I'm going to win all the challenges so they can't kick me out."

The Collector 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-29-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Collector Click to send private message to The%20Collector Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
>Pappy - Same as above, unless
>EPM decides to add a
>Bar Exam as a IC.

I would disagree with your assesment of Pap's chances for IC. IMHO, Pappy, who is a lawyer as well as a judge, has a mind that has been trained to pay attention to detail. Furthermore, he has shown a genuine interest in the other people on the island. I think this bodes well for him in immunity challenges such as second chances, fallen comrades, etc. Finally, although its obvious that Pappy does not have the quickest feet on the island, an article posted by S-Dawg mentions that he runs daily. This could be helpful for him in an endurance challenge. Another advantage Pappy has, and shares with Neleh, they won't vote for each other. No other contestant left can boast of such and advantage. This could be big as the group gets smaller.

I agree that in competative spirit Tammy has it all over the rest of this bunch. Pappy in particular. If anything, I think that will be his undoing.

Just my two cents.

04-29-02, 06:31 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
>>Pappy - Same as above, unless
>>EPM decides to add a
>>Bar Exam as a IC.
>
>I would disagree with your assesment
>of Pap's chances for IC.
>IMHO, Pappy, who is a
>lawyer as well as a
>judge, has a mind that
>has been trained to pay
>attention to detail. Furthermore, he
>has shown a genuine interest
>in the other people on
>the island. I think this
>bodes well for him in
>immunity challenges such as second
>chances, fallen comrades, etc.

While I agree that Pappy does have a chance in Fallen Comrades, I would think he has zero chance in Second Chances which will simply be stringing together a bunch of physical challenges. As to his endurance, while he may be in great shape for a 58 year old man, he is not going to be able to compete with someone who is in great shape and 30 years younger.

As to fallen comrades, it is always difficult to tell who has been most attentive. My point was that, as a reporter, Tammy is trained to listen for details and to ask questions. This may give her a leg up in fallen comrades and Jeff's lame story.

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Tammy & Immunity"
Sean has another advantage that hasn't been mentioned - somewhere I read (and I am sorry I don't know where, maybe someone can lend a helping hand...) that Sean really took the time to ask his fellow Survivors personal questions which would give him a tremendous advantage in the fallen comrades challenge.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Sean ~ fallen commrades"
Not sure where it is written, but when they did the switch it showed Sean talking to Gabe, Robert and John (I think, not sure on 3rd person) asking now what is my nick name agian. I wondered then why they were showing this and thought of the fallen comrades. I thought this pointed to Sean winning or at least making it to this challenge (which was the final 4 in S3 but final 3 in S2) Gabe is gone and John is gone.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •