The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Create-A-Twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tejayes 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-25-04, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tejayes Click to send private message to Tejayes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Create-A-Twist"
What kinds of twists would you like to see in the future of the Survivor game? Here are some ideas of mine:

1) There are two separations of the castaways: by tribe and by camp. Half the members of each tribe live at one camp, and same with the others. RCs are played by camp, ICs by tribe.

2) Both tribes live on one camp for the duration of the game.

3) A third challenge type: Tribe Member Challenges. Winning tribe gets to permanently steal one member from the losing tribe until the tribe is dissolved or the merger happens.

4) The tribe with immunity votes someone off the other team.

What are your ideas?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Create-A-Twist JohnMc 09-27-04 1
   RE: Create-A-Twist chrisconcert 09-28-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-27-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Create-A-Twist"
I'm all about brainstorming. I think EPM has his peeps watching the boards for ideas. Where do you think he got the All-Stars idea?! I'll add to the list, but let me first say my piece on these ideas.

<<1) There are two separations of the castaways: by tribe and by camp. Half the members of each tribe live at one camp, and same with the others. RCs are played by camp, ICs by tribe.>>

Bad idea. Automatically creates alliances. Your "camp" within your "tribe" is your alliance.

<<2) Both tribes live on one camp for the duration of the game.>>

Still not good. No opportunity to create a swap or anything different to change tribe dynamics.

<<3) A third challenge type: Tribe Member Challenges. Winning tribe gets to permanently steal one member from the losing tribe until the tribe is dissolved or the merger happens.>>

I like this one. If you win a challenge, then you get to take a tribe member from the other tribe. I think you need to give them immunity from the next tribe tribal council so they have a chance to blend into the tribe.

This has a chance to really mess with the tribes, as one player could be tugged back and forth and never go to TC until the merge. Or one tribe keeps picking people off until the other tribe only has 3 people left (the point which immediately requires a merge).

Let's play this out, hypothetically, with 18 people.

1st TC - Yasur wins. They take Chad, and Lopevi boots Brook
2nd TC - Yasur wins again. They take Brady, and Lopevi boots John K
3rd TC - Yasur wins again. They take John P, Lopevi boots Rory

only people left on Lopevi is Lea, Chris, and Travis. Now, you have to merge, because if Yasur wins the next challenge, then one person will be picked, and there will only be 2 people left who have to vote for each other.

Then they merge, and you have 9 Yasur and 6 Lopevi. You still have too many people in one tribe with an obvious pagonging. Boring television. I guess this doesn't work out well.

But it could work out well for, maybe, the last 2 challenges before the merge.

<<4) The tribe with immunity votes someone off the other team.>>

This really isn't fair. You don't even have a chance to rally votes against someone, which is part of the fun.

Here is my idea:

1 - Have a team immunity challenge in which the teams compete in pairs. The team that has all of its pairs cross the finish line first gets immunity. On the losing team, the first pair is also granted immunity.

2 - Same ideas in competing in pairs, except that the first, for example, 3 pairs are now on one team, and the remaining 3 pairs are now on the other team. This could also work as a 3some, or even as individuals. (For individuals, though, you need to make sure that the challenge is fair for men and women so that it doesn't create the same male/female teams. Or if they are split teams, then maybe you have an imbalanced challenge in order to create a new m/f team!)

chrisconcert 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-28-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chrisconcert Click to send private message to chrisconcert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Create-A-Twist"
I posted this last week but here it goes----

When the two tribes get to the immunity challenge they are suddenly forced to chose different colored buffs. For example a purple buff and a red buff.
(kind of similiar to last season when Ambuh got swithched to Kathy, SHii-ANN, and LEx's team)

After the teams are chosen the tribes could be re-worked and the people they were against could now be their team member (for the challenge only)

The newly formed team that loses goes to tribal council and after tribal council, teams return to their respected tribes (this includes the survivors that won)

This could stir things up because people would probably get booted off based on their challenge performance.

Could you see the newly formed team that just lost scrambling to decide who should go, when half the people aren't even on their team! This would send votes into a tizzy and the drama factor would be upped.

I think this is a good idea to try in the beginning or more toward the merge.

LEt me know what you think
Chris Concert

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •