The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Act my age???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-14-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Act my age???"
After about 10 years now, it's time to buy a new car. It's time to let my Civic go. I had my eyes set on this Scion TC for quite awhile. Of course, I have to mention it to my GF, and she says, "you should be buying a car according to your age"! Huh? Is she implying I need to grow up? I'm 38 now. I explain it's all about the affordability and functionality, so the TC comes into play. So DAW's, what exactly should I be buying "for my age"?

Got Tribe? I did! Are you on the list?
You do know what they say about the quiet ones, right?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Act my age??? Ante Bellum 01-14-07 1
   RE: Act my age??? PepeLePew13 01-14-07 9
       RE: Act my age??? bystander 01-14-07 15
 RE: Act my age??? foonermints 01-14-07 2
 RE: Act my age??? frisky 01-14-07 3
   RE: Act my age??? arkiegrl 01-14-07 5
       RE: Act my age??? Estee 01-14-07 6
           RE: Act my age??? arkiegrl 01-14-07 8
 RE: Act my age??? J Slice 01-14-07 4
   RE: Act my age??? Snidget 01-14-07 7
       RE: Act my age??? Ante Bellum 01-14-07 11
           RE: Act my age??? Snidget 01-14-07 12
       RE: Act my age??? CouchTater 01-14-07 16
 RE: Act my age??? CutsyTootsy 01-14-07 10
 RE: Act my age??? MTW1961 01-14-07 13
   RE: Act my age??? PepeLePew13 01-14-07 14
       Whoops! MTW1961 01-14-07 18
           RE: Whoops! KwietOne 01-15-07 19
 RE: Act my age??? CouchTater 01-14-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-14-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ante%20Bellum Click to send private message to Ante%20Bellum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Act my age???"
She wants you to buy a minivan.

Many middle-aged men buy convertibles or fast coupes.

You choose.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Note Scions are not on either list.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-14-07, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Act my age???"
38 is considered "middle-aged"?? I'm 40 and I don't consider myself to be middle-aged yet by any long shot.

50 is the new 40...

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-14-07, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Act my age???"
I'm with you Pepe, I'm 40 and I don't consider myself middle aged either.

I drive a Camry that wants to be a gas guzzling SUV.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Act my age???"
A Volvo.

Handcrafted by RollDice
*Hides*

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Act my age???"
So your GF is one of "those people." Those people who tell me I should cut all my hair off now that I'm in my 40's.

You buy what YOU want.

Rolly made this.
Just stay away from the Ford Fvckscort.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Act my age???"
And you need to start wearing "sensible" shoes, too.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Act my age???"
Wait a minute. Cutting off all hir hair followed by sensible shoes -- are you two trying to create another lesbian?

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Act my age???"
Of course not. No one said anything about needing to wear flannel.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Act my age???"
Buy an Element. They're marketed for 20-somethings, but I only see folks my parents' age (mid-50s) driving them. Except for me. And Fishwoman.

Nah, get the Scion. Mr. Slice wants the Xb - the boxy one. I think the goal is for the two of us to drive cars with absolutely no curved edges.

Tribe is far-out.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Act my age???"
Because those, "Nice Box, where is the car that came in it," jokes never get old.

Strangely the more I see them, the more I start to think that maybe they are cool.

It's a tribe creation!

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-14-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ante%20Bellum Click to send private message to Ante%20Bellum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Act my age???"
They say you can get used to ANYthing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Act my age???"
Yet I still haven't gotten used to my neighbor's total lack of regard for property lines.

Guess I haven't tried hard enough?

It's a tribe creation!

Anyone up for a fence building/peep meet?

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Act my age???"
I got one a couple of months ago and I love it. I bought it mainly for the price and the fact that it has van seats but is not a van. Very easy on my back and for getting in and out. It is ugly though.

The xB was marketed for 30 somethings, but the dealer told me, and from what I've seen driving around, that 40-60 somethings are the ones buying it. For the very reason that it is roomy, drives well, is cheap, made by Toyota, and the main point---easy to get in and out of.

A Tribephyl creation

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-14-07, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CutsyTootsy Click to send private message to CutsyTootsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Act my age???"
I say buy what you like and will enjoy driving.

Phoenixmon's work

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-14-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Act my age???"
Well, duh! This is easy, and it has nothing to do with your age. If you're a lesbian then you're supposed to buy a Subaru. Ask Carey. I think it's even in the handbook.

P.S. - Kwiet, you have a red wavy flag thing.!

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Act my age???"
Psst, I think this is a guy. At least from the profile, it's a he...

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-14-07, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Whoops!"
I thought I had seen somewhere that Kwiet was a peach! My mistake.

And that changes everything. No Subaru for you! Now a Toyota Avalon is the obvious choice. Or a Honda Accord.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-07, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Whoops!"
You guys are so funny. Yep, I'm a dude.

Got Tribe? I did! Are you on the list?
You do know what they say about the quiet ones, right?

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Act my age???"
Get a Smart Car.

Is she paying for it? Get what you want. My DH has Honda Insight hybrid and he's a lot older than you.

You seem like the practical type and there's nothing wrong with that no matter what your age.

A Tribephyl creation

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •