The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Juniors."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-02-03, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Juniors."
Ok, well, here's my little round-up of last night's show.

I thought A.J. Melendez and Katelyn Tarver were good, but didn't have that "umph" that I got from some of the other finalists.

Jordan McCoy was beyond adorable. I think she has such a strength with her presence and look, there is nobody cuter than her. As for her singing, she's like a Lil' Carmen Resmusen, but that's a compliment. She's cute and she's got a unique, cute voice. (With Carmen Rasmusen, her voice would be great if she were 11 years old)

Chantel Kohl, the only one of the finalists to give me chills. She has an amazing voice, and leaves me like her father, just welled up. I want her in the group.

Chauncey Matthews doesn't impress me at all. I'm still lost to how he made it into the finals. But since he did get the most votes on his night, something tells me American will let him into the group. ::sigh::

Ok, Morgan Burke is a HUGE HAM. He overdoes EVERYTHING and everything about him is a bit over the top. His voice is overdone, his stage attitude is overworked, and his appeal is overrated.

Lucy Hale was great, nothing negative to say about her performance.

Tori Thompson is just a born performer. She's so cute and she's so motivated. She's a shoe-in for the group.

Danielle White, one of my favorties is so amazing. She has such control on her voice, and it's impeccable at such an age. I'd love her to make the group.

I definitely have to say performance of the night was Taylor Thompson. She worked it like nobody else last night. And for me, it was an accomplishment because I have issues with the song "Proud Mary" (bad high school memories of somebody else' awful performance of the song, etc)... didn't feel it with Trenyce or Shannon Bex ("Fame")... but Taylor Thompson was awesome. She sounded good, she had lots of fun attitude, and she showed off some fun moves. She was GREAT last night.

After last night, I'd pick TAYLOR THOMPSON to be in the group.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Juniors. Rikker Mortis 07-02-03 1
   RE: American Juniors. RUTGERSpaul 07-03-03 7
 RE: American Juniors. frisky 07-02-03 2
 RE: American Juniors. TODDLJ 07-02-03 3
 Vote for the group not adorableness... BlueJeansJane 07-03-03 4
   RE: Vote for the group not adorable... Rikker Mortis 07-03-03 5
       RE: Vote for the group not adorable... BlueJeansJane 07-03-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-02-03, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Juniors."
Wow, you pretty much nailed it last night, i think. We dont differ that much but here's my opinions.
AJ - nothing special at all but since the majority of the voters is teenybopper girls only interested in looks (dont believe me? explain how in AI1 Tamyra got voted off before Justin?), this one might get in in the end and thats rather scary as he has no talent other than being "pretty".
KATELYN - not bad. i would definitely put her in the "middle" around 4-7 maybe if you rated them which i will do later. She could squeak in but it wouldnt be a surprise either way.
JORDAN - Now this one, i agre with what Debbie said, if you took Katelyn's voice and mixed it with Jordan's personality and spunk, then you got something. Another one that could squeak in but either way.
CHANTEL - Since the first episode, she has been my favorite. I dont think shes the best one anymore but shes still the "sentimental" favorite if that makes any sense. Honestly, even though she was one of the two i voted for last night, i hope she doesnt make the group because frankly shes above this competition.
CHAUNCEY - gimme a break. yeah, maybe im just bitter that Grace Leer was cut and this one got in. something is really wrong there. he cant sing, he has no stage presence and not much of any talent. why is he here? does he have 5000 relatives flooding the phone lines? there has to be some answer for this.
MORGAN - i absolutely hate the cocky kids and you can tell from the 20 in the semi's that a lot of the cocky ones got cut but some of them got through anyway. this is one of them. this kid looks like someone who will grow up and star in a gay musical. not that theres anything wrong with that (seinfeld moment) but he's got that "gay cruise ship" vibe to him. i dont know. for what its worth, he's the best of the 3 boys but thats not really saying much. i think i said someone else was better last week but he got cut. good call.
LUCY - great, powerful voice. this one will only get better as she gets older. i get a kick out of her squeaky normal voice and then she belts out a robust singing voice. she should make it in but i get the feeling people wont notice her in favor of the less talented but "prettier" kids. sad but true.
TORI- Well, Leann Rimes Jr is still pretty steady. Theres no way she should not make it in but i dont think she was as dominant as she was last week. Still, top 5 easily.
DANIELLE - every show there seems to be a "tingly" moment. its usually been Chantel. yesterday it was Danielle. amazing. this was the other one i voted for....a lot...if she doesnt make it in, thats a crying shame.
TAYLOR - uh oh Tori, youve got competition. Well, while i think singing wise, Danielle was the best last night, in terms of performance Taylor shook the stage. This really is gonna be tough grinding it down to 5.
TOP 10 in order of OVERALL performance
1 - Danielle (remember, youre voting for a GROUP. she would fit in no matter who else you put in there)
2 - Tori (spunky little country gal, but will that fit in the group, though?)
3 - Chantel (solo voice soon to be solo star. will group be a "quick stop" before stardom?"
4 - Taylor (coming on strong. could move up in standings)
5 - Lucy (in my opinion she should be the final one in....but who knows what the next 4 weeks will bring?)
6 - Jordan (I cant get that stinking high note from "Stupid Cupid" out of my head yet)
7 - Katelyn (she's a tweener in terms of talent but if she only had more "spunk"....)
8 - Morgan (hammy as a pregnant sow but with at least some talent, just cut the attitude. youre not that great.)
9 - AJ (when the best complinent you can give a boy is that he's "pretty", then you know theres something wrong.
10 - Chauncey (and the sad thing is he will probably make the group. hopefully he wont.)
.....one last thing...the whole "group" concept is not a good one. think about it. what kind of a group will it be if the 5 that get through are the 2 country leaning "belters", the hammy braodway guy, the crying no talent or personality boy and the tall statuesque above it all girl singer....not a pretty sight.

RUTGERSpaul 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-03-03, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RUTGERSpaul Click to send private message to RUTGERSpaul Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: American Juniors."
"Jordan (I cant get that stinking high note from "Stupid Cupid" out of my head yet)"

OH GOD!! ME NEITHER!!! LOL

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-02-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Juniors."
I swear that AJ kid was lip-syncing last night. Because he was first, I watched for it in all the remaining kids, and it was obvious to me that they were all singing live. But I'm positive that first kid was lippin it.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-02-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Juniors."
For what it's worth, here are my opinions:

1. Lucy Hale
Best vocal control, pitch, and tone of the bunch. When she gets her braces off and fills into her lanky form, she'll probably be model-gorgeous too.

2. Danielle White
Gorgeous chill-worthy voice, pure tone, and hitting notes the other kids can't touch. This group needs her.

3. Chantel Kohl
Her voice isn't perfect, but I like how powerful and committed she is.

4. Taylor Thompson
I think the sisters are a bit overrated. I haven't really heard them sing as well as my top three. They seem like 'flash over substance' to me. That being said, they are great performers. Tuesday, Taylor was more entertaining.

5. Tori
See above.

6. A.J.
I like his voice, it's smooth. But he does nothing for me otherwise.

7. Morgan
He'd be higher on my list, but he's just too showy and fake for me. He's got tons of talent, though.

8. Katelyn
Gorgeous girl, but her voice doesn't 'wow' me. Without that awesome last note, she'd be even lower on my list.

9. Jordan
The world does not need another Carmen. Nuff said.

10. Chauncey
How did he make it this far?

BlueJeansJane 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-03-03, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueJeansJane Click to send private message to BlueJeansJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Vote for the group not adorableness!"

I hope America starts voting based on solely talent and what would be best for a solid group instead of throwing cuteness and sentimentality into the mix. I think the Lucy Hale should of definitely been in the top three. Although, Taylor does deserve to be in the group based on that performance I hope people don't vote for Tori just to keep the sisters together. And I hope this won't be an all-girl group. My tentative group line-up is...

Taylor
Morgan- needs more work being natural but he really has a beautiful voice. It is pure and just WoW.
Lucy- Another great strong voice that makes the songs she sings more than just another talent show rendition.
A.J.-We should have 2 guys in the group and he is better than Chanucey.He can sing very well and could blend with the others' voices.
Jordan/Chantel- Either would be good but maybe it should be Jordan b/c Chantel and Lucy could be too much for one group.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe Tori should be in b/c Lucy and Chantel are both good enough to be soloists. Chantel could wait a year though.

Nikki

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-03-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Vote for the group not adorableness!"
Morgan AND AJ making it through?? Eesh...Interesting outlook though. I totally disagree and i think you contradict yourself with your headline of "not voting in by adorableness" then voting in AJ. I dont know, i just think Morgan is too much of a ham and too cocky. He'd gobble up the stage and if Lucy or Chantel (the 2 calmest, non-pretentious ones up there) were in the group with them he'd knock them outta the way to hog the limelight. I do agree about the out of this world potential of Lucy and/or Chantel as a soloist. That's almost a given. I still say Danielle is the diamond in the rough up there. Think of the LYRICS of the song she had to sing. Taylor can "rolling rolling rolling" all she wants but Danielle took a rather difficult song and just nailed it with elegance and class. I think what it came down to was Taylor was the LAST singer America saw therefore the FRESHEST thing on their mind when they voted. Yes, i think Taylor should have made it into the group, but first one in? Not hardly. But at least it wasnt Chauncey which i was scared would happen. I still say if youre going on Top 5 BEST up there its still Taylor, Tori, Chantel, Lucy & Danielle. But theres still 4 more weeks. This is gonna be SO nerve wresking for these little buggers.

BlueJeansJane 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-03-03, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueJeansJane Click to send private message to BlueJeansJane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Vote for the group not adorableness!"
Yeah, Morgan is too much of a ham but if he tones it down he should be great. Not being in the top three this week might work, but he will probably have to make it by the third week b/c after the 3rd girl people will likely just vote all girls in. A.J. is cute but I wouldn't vote for him b/c of that. I just think that most all-girl groups get old fast and little and older girls love it when a guy sings. Look at 'N Sync, BBMak, Backstreet Boys, and Aaron Carter. The groups target audience is going to be mainly girls from around 8-12 years old, so it could help a lot to have 2 guys in the group. I agree that Taylor is not the most talented of the girls but she did really good considering her sister is usually the little bomb. I think Lucy should of been in first though. Danielle does have a beautiful voice and maybe she would be in my top five if I had seen her first performance. Maybe next week she'll stand out more. I think Chauncey is sooo cute but should not make the group. Ooo, I am way too anxious about a kiddy group!!!

Nikki

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •