The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Life sucks and so do I..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-13-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Life sucks and so do I..."
...at least I'm sucking water out of the carpet.

Let me 'splain....no let me sum up.

Yesterday I put the dishwasher on and retired to the living room to read. My son goes through the kitchen later and yells for me. I go into the kitchen to find a large puddle of water in front of the dishwasher. I open the dishwaher and can hear the sound of water rushing but can't see any. I frantically call my husband who directs me to the valve under the sink, which I can't turn. He comes home. Can't turn it either. Goes downstairs and shuts the water off down there. Tells me water was pouring down the wall down there. The basement is dirt so we just have mud instead of a pond.

Guy from the management agency finally comes out, gets the valve to move and turns the water back on. Says someone will come on Monday to fix the dishwaher and to try to extract water from the carpet. (yes, you read that correctly...there is carpet in the kitchen and it's really, super ugly too)

So today I'm busily using my dad's rainbow to suck water out of the carpet (works pretty good!) after starting a load of laundry. (washing machine is in the kitchen area) Low and behold, water is pouring onto the carpet from the washer. Eek! So now there's twice as much water to suck up. My back is killing me and the carpet is wet. And I need to go back for round two to see if I can get any more water up. Oh the joy of my life.

Okay, time for your home horror stories. Make me feel better.

Sigs by Cyg

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... brvnkrz 01-13-07 1
   RE: Life sucks and so do I... Cyndimaus 01-13-07 6
       RE: Life sucks and so do I... brvnkrz 01-13-07 10
 RE: Mites! foonermints 01-13-07 2
   RE: Mites! Cyndimaus 01-13-07 7
   RE: Mites! qwertypie 01-13-07 12
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... CouchTater 01-13-07 3
   RE: Life sucks and so do I... Cyndimaus 01-13-07 8
       RE: Life sucks and so do I... qwertypie 01-13-07 11
           RE: Life sucks and so do I... Cyndimaus 01-13-07 17
               RE: Life sucks and so do I... qwertypie 01-13-07 20
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... PepeLePew13 01-13-07 4
   RE: Life sucks and so do I... PepeLePew13 01-13-07 5
       RE: Life sucks and so do I... Cyndimaus 01-13-07 9
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... Snidget 01-13-07 13
   RE: Life sucks and so do I... Cyndimaus 01-13-07 18
 The horrors of raw sewage moonbaby 01-13-07 14
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... Puffy 01-13-07 15
   RE: Life sucks and so do I... Snidget 01-13-07 16
   RE: Life sucks and so do I... Cyndimaus 01-13-07 19
 Bump mysticwolf 01-13-07 21
   RE: Bump Cyndimaus 01-14-07 22
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... frodis 01-14-07 23
 RE: Life sucks and so do I... mysticwolf 01-14-07 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
We went away one weekend and GF left the water in the sink on the top floor running. The cat sat on the stopper and that is the only sink in the house without the overspill holes. After two days of slowly running water, we came home to a flood. Flooded that bathroom, part of the master bedroom, leaked into the 2nd floor ceiling and walls.
Long story short, we had to replace the ceilings downstairs, which of cours had aspestos, we had to do some wall repairs and repair the floor in that bathroom. Luckily I had a wet dry vac and was able to suck up a lot of the water. GF happens to be in the flooring business so we were able to get a restoration company out the very next morning. Two days with the de humidifiers going just about drove me crazy. Not to mention the next month of repairs to the ceilings, walls and floors.
She doesn't leave think running anymore.

Isn't it "bourbon"?

01-13-07, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Oh boy, that must have been quite the homecoming! Bummer about all the repairs you needed to do!

Sigs by Cyg

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
After it was all said and done, it ended up being a blessing. We got the entire downstairs ceilings scraped of that popcorn crap and we were able to squeeze in a minor repair to some drywall all for the cost of our deductable. *grin*

Isn't it "bourbon"?

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mites!"
I brought home this strange heat-type thingy from a friend. You are supposed to put it in the microwave to warm up, then wrap it around your neck to keep toasty. Trouble is, it was actually a mite-transfer device. In ONE day, the nassty little horrors were everywhere, biting-biting-BITING! Yesterday was spent stripping down the beds, spraying the mattresses and box springs, re-applying fresh Advantage to all the animals and doing load after load of laundry, plus vacuuming and washing every surface in the house. The backyard was strung out with multiple clotheslines that would make Cletus proud.

Handcrafted by RollDice
Did I mention it was cold and windy?
Today, not one new bite.
I hope your problem gets resolved as quickly.

01-13-07, 04:37 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Mites!"
Oh my, that's a mite-bit disturbing! (sorry, I couldn't resist) I'm glad your little "friends" have been vacated and I hope they stay away!

Stuff would freeze-dry if I hung anything outside at my place!

Sigs by Cyg

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mites!"
Ouch! Guess you didn't microwave it enough. HMMM.... Glad I chucked mine a few years ago.

I've been Tribed! And I liked it!

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-13-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Oh wow, that really svcks. Did your pipes freeze by any chance?

We had a mini flood in our basement once when the pipe under the sink in the downstairs bathroom broke off. We spent days sucking up water, keeping the heat on high, and running fans. Fortunately it didn't go high enough to mold out the sheet rocked walls, which were not sitting flush to the floor. We did have to take up the carpet pad, but kept the carpet until we put in new floors because it was a cement floor. Had to replace the base boards too, but that wasn't such a big hassle.

Good luck to you... I know what a hassle it all is. Since you are renting, do you have to pay for all the clean up and repair?

A Tribephyl creation

01-13-07, 04:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
I suspect that it could be a frozen pipe but I don't know. Shutting off the water supply to the dishwasher stopped the water problem there. And I think the washing machine might just be a hose cause once the washer was done with the cycle there was no more water coming out onto the floor.

The washing machine, if it was a hose, would be our responsiblity cause it's our washer. But the dishwasher came with the house so it's the landlords responsiblity to do repairs and such. Since I didn't have to rent anything to suck up the water I'm just out the time and effort. I am a bit concerned about the insulation on the underside of the floor. It got quite wet. The guy who came over said it should dry out but to call if we smell anything funny.

Needless to say, I am so very glad my dad used to sell Rainbow vacumes awhile back cause he had the carpet shampooing attachements that I was able to use the squeegee thing-a-ma-bob to suck up water.

Sigs by Cyg

01-13-07, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
On the plus side, you probably will get new ugly carpetting. (it is super hard to dry out underlay and the mold can be very nasty (toxic) - so if replacement is offered, go for it)

01-13-07, 10:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Actually I would really enjoy linoleum or tile in the kitchen instead of carpet. (carpet in the kitchen is very weird to me)

Sigs by Cyg

01-13-07, 11:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
The second house my folks bought was completely carpetted except for the kitchen. Who would carpet the bathrooms and all around the hot water tank downstairs? STUPEEDOS!
The folly became quickly apparent when the siblings were young (and terrible hurling aim) and conracted a nasty case of stomach flu

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Oooh, I feel for ya, Cyndi. I've been there, and sucking up water ... sucks big time!

In 2002, I came home late (about 11 pm) after teaching a night class with Pene and the kids sound asleep, and discovered the garage door was half-way open and a little river streaming down the driveway. A mouse was floating upside down alongside the edge of the driveway heading out towards the street to become a bon mot for some night creature.

I opened the front door and was hit by a wall of steamy air. Ran upstairs to see what was going on and walked into the kitchen and discovered a nice little geyser shooting out from the hand washer that had evidently broken off. The geyser was turning the dishwasher's wooden top (which was dragged out to the sink in order to be hooked up to the main faucet) into a warped work of art. There were 2-3 inches of water on the floor -- vinyl in the kitchen but surrounded by a nice thick carpet, which, naturally, was soaking up the water like there was no tomorrow.

I then turned the water faucet off and then ran downstairs to shut off the house's water supply just in case. I was treated to a free preview of Niagara Falls streaming through a new hole in the garage's ceiling (directly below the kitchen).

$35,000 worth of damage later, we ended up being out of the house for 2 weeks later on in the summer so the insurance people could arrange a contractor to completely rip out the kitchen's floorboards, all of the carpeting, about 2-3 feet worth of drywall all the way along the walls, and then put in new flooring, new walls, new ceiling for the garage, new garage entrance door, the automatic garage door opener replaced, and a whole new bathroom with new walls.

I shouldn't complain so much... it helped us bring in a better value for the house when we sold it two years later, as the new colours and flooring really helped a lot!

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Oh, and I should add what happened the night before we moved from that cursed house in 2004...

Pene was getting ready to give a bath to Pippy while I was out doing some errands. It was the last night before we were to move to a new house and we all were doing some last-minute packing and final cleanup of the house. After starting the bath water, she then got distracted by packing a box and before anyone realized it, water started streaming down the living room's wall. Then, ack, water started spraying through the entire living room as apparently some had gone in through the ceiling fan! The funniest thing? Pene and my mother holding towels onto the wall while Pippy was dancing around the living room with his arms outstretched as the water sprayed around him.

You think we were going to chance turning the fan off by hand with the electricity still on? No sirree... I later was able to turn it off by wearing a thick oven glove.

Fortunately, we caught it early enough so after the plumber came and did his magic on the piping from the tub (which we found out to be clogged and caused the emergency drain to not function), he did an assessment of the walls and the fan, determined that it wasn't severe enough to warrant telling the new owners about it. After consultation with our real estate lawyer, we quickly packed up the trucks the next morning and got the hell out of there before anything else had a chance to happen.

Never heard a peep from the new owners or from the lawyers so I assume the house is still standing and nothing collapsed on them.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

01-13-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Wow, two stories from one house! Glad it all worked out okay in the end! (I can just see Pippy dancing around in the water!)

Sigs by Cyg

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
I've been really lucky with water.

My dishwasher had a slow leak, but I got a new one as the one that came with the house svcked really bad.

I do have a dishwasher story from when I was with my Ex. He figured that since we were out of real dishwasher detergent he would use regular dish soap. He knew it foamed a lot so he only put a drop in. Well a little while later there is a bubble monster several feet tall in the kitchen which we found out about because the dog was barking at it.

At least that was easy to clean up.

Hope your water troubles are over soon.

It's a tribe creation!

01-13-07, 10:19 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
That. Belongs on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Sigs by Cyg

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The horrors of raw sewage"
coming up from the shower drain. Twice. At least it was contained to the shower area but that is a smell and a cleanup I will never EVER forget. There's a reason plumbers make good money. *Erk*

Good luck!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Sounds like it might have been frozen pipes (as if I should know, I'm in Southern California) *shrug*

At least you don't have to worry about cold beer.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
I have to send that pic to my bro, sounds like the weather there has been that snowy lately.

*grin*

01-13-07, 10:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Hm, my kids would want to play there.

Sigs by Cyg

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Bump"
'Cause I'd much rather talk about this than free mascara. Anyone else wanna bump something?

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

01-14-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Bump"
Bump the cold on outta here....Oh wait, that's a different thread!

Then again, the cold plays a part in this thread too.

Sigs by Cyg

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-14-07, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
I'm so sorry about your water woes - I hope you dry out soon!

I just wanted to chime in to say that my parents used to have a Rainbow vacuum. It came in very handy when their basement flooded in one of those hundred-years rainstorms when lots of people's basements flooded. I remember my brothers and I taking shifts on the Rainbow sucking water out of the basement carpet. Yucko.

Winter wonderland a la Arkie!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-07, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Life sucks and so do I..."
Geez, that would NOT be the way I'd want to have to spend my day. Hope you manage to find the cause and get it fixed without further mishap.

Other than the flood in the basement last fall caused by heavy rains and a brand new storm sewer system that's alrady clogged (the city denies it, but I've got pics of little trees growing out of the one in front) I haven't had to deal with that since I was a kid.

Our house, as a kid, used to have flooding in the family room on a regular basis. Worst was when my folks were out of town & my brother came home from boot camp. It was during the infamous "toilet paper shortage" days and mom had bought an entire pallet of toilet paper. Which was stored... My exhausted brother was none too happy when his kid sister woke him up because she "couldn't move the toilet paper". (He had no idea it was a full pallet. He was even less pleased when he came to that realization.)

As an adult our worst "disaster" was going on vacation with dad & a neighbor pet-sitting. Dad decided to "grow hair" on my allergic German Shepherd by adding vegetable oil, lecethin, and blackstrap molassas to her (and the other 2 large dog's) food all week long - then forgetting that the neighbor had to work (fire fighter) and he (dad) was also supposed to let them out the last 2 days.

That mess beats, hands down, the time we returned, late at night, from a dive vacation to find the house in the 20's. The furnace had died - probably the day after we left - and dad just figured we'd turned it down on purpose. The dogs and cats were never so happy as they were to see the kerosene heater we borrowed from my BIL.

Hope you end up with a good resolution.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •