The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-14-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-09 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

This thread tracks the pimpage that is given to contestants, like getting to sing last **the "pimp spot" ** or never having to sing first for several key weeks, or video packages, media spotlights, etc. Whatever seems like pimpage probably is!

I fast forwarded through most of the weeks so far and the top 13 Michael Jackson renditions is still on my DVR from this week. Thank goodness we have Snidget's live show threads for reference.

The singing order of the top 13, Michael Jackson theme night:

1. Lil
2. Scott
3. Danny
4. Michael
5. Jasmine -- first boot
6. Kris
7. Allison
8. Anoop
9. Jorge --second boot
10. Megan
11. Adam
12. Matt
13. Alexis

Booted: Jasmine and Jorge

Note: "at risk" on results night: Megan (with Jasmine) and Anoop (with Jorge). (I don't recall if Ryan actually said they were also low in votes or if this is just the way the show arranged them.)

Without going back to look at audition videos, here's what I remember from the remaining eleven in terms of pimpage, please help me fill this out!:

Lil: home destroyed in tornado, mom of three from Memphis. Did Simon call her "brilliant"? Trying to recall her superlatives from the judges, of which there have been many.

Scott: legally blind guy who plays the piano; lots of judges' love for Scott

Danny: wife passed away one month before the audition. Judges said he was "current". Popular with the audience and voters (see dial idol for his top 36 results).

Michael: oil rig guy; was made to do a sing off for the judges with another beefy guy; do the sing off peeps ever win?

Kris: he's from Arkansas and is married. What other pimpage, if any, did he get? Was he one of the "boring singers" that Simon was referring to when he told Anoop that some people would be selected for the wildcard because they were "casting" then, not adding more boring singers? Is he the DA of this year? Simon told him he should not have mentioned so early in the season that he was married.

Allison: 16 years old red head and the "dark horse". Did you know she's the dark horse? The judges have called her the dark horse a gamillion times already it seems.

Anoop: From University of North Carolina; wild card "casting". Can't recall what else was in his backstory. Lots of audience cheers and screams for Anoop. Voting...another story.

Megan: can't recall her backstory. Did she have one? Is she this year's Haley? We know Simon likes her.

Adam: "current" guy who was in Wicked. Simon could imagine him making records or whatever the quote was at making the top 36. Wicked talented.

Matt: dueling piano player; wild card "casting". Bluesy, and the judges don't want him to step out of that box. Simon tried to invoke a Taylor Hicks comparison which did not work on many levels.

Alexis: 21 year old single mom from Memphis who was told by the judges to "dirty herself up". Big voice from the small package comments. Also caught one "dark horse" comment from the judges (Simon?).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... Belle Book 03-14-09 1
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-14-09 3
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-14-09 2
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-23-09 44
 Semi Final Pimp Spots Snidget 03-14-09 4
   RE: Semi Final Pimp Spots zazzy 03-14-09 5
       RE: Semi Final Pimp Spots Snidget 03-14-09 6
       RE: Semi Final Pimp Spots CTgirl 03-14-09 7
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-21-09 8
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... tyrocks00 03-23-09 9
   Signature violation Bebo 03-23-09 10
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-27-09 11
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-27-09 13
       RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... Belle Book 03-27-09 14
       RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 79
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-27-09 12
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-27-09 15
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 03-27-09 16
       RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... Belle Book 03-27-09 17
   RE: Idolmeter: Top 9 zazzy 04-03-09 19
       RE: Idolmeter: Top 9 Belle Book 04-03-09 21
 What not to sing zazzy 03-29-09 18
   RE: What not to sing Snidget 04-03-09 20
 Top 9 week zazzy 04-05-09 22
   RE: Top 9 week Belle Book 04-05-09 23
   RE: Top 9 week zazzy 04-05-09 24
       RE: Top 9 week Belle Book 04-06-09 29
   RE: Top 9 week DoodleBug 04-05-09 25
       RE: Top 9 week zazzy 04-06-09 26
           RE: Top 9 week DoodleBug 04-06-09 27
               RE: Top 9 week zazzy 04-06-09 28
                   RE: Top 9 week DoodleBug 04-06-09 30
 TV Guide pimpage zazzy 04-08-09 31
 Top 8 week zazzy 04-08-09 32
   RE: Top 8 week Belle Book 04-08-09 33
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-09-09 34
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-09-09 35
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-13-09 36
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... Meltdown94 04-14-09 37
       RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-14-09 38
 Top 7 week zazzy 04-21-09 39
   RE: Top 7 week zazzy 04-21-09 40
   RE: Top 7 week zazzy 04-21-09 41
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-21-09 42
 Top 7 week, round 2 zazzy 04-23-09 43
   RE: Top 7 week, round 2 Snidget 04-23-09 45
       RE: Top 7 week, round 2 zazzy 04-23-09 46
 Top 7 week, round 2 pimp report zazzy 04-27-09 47
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 04-27-09 48
 Google searches zazzy 04-27-09 49
   RE: Google searches mhdallas 04-28-09 51
 Top 5 Singing Order History Snidget 04-28-09 50
   RE: Top 5 Singing Order History zazzy 04-28-09 52
       RE: Top 5 Singing Order History DoodleBug 04-28-09 53
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... DoodleBug 05-05-09 54
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... Snidget 05-05-09 55
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-05-09 57
       RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... Loree 05-05-09 59
           RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-05-09 60
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-05-09 56
 Top 5 week zazzy 05-05-09 58
 Top 4 zazzy 05-06-09 61
 Singing order through F4 zazzy 05-07-09 62
 Adam's EW cover Snidget 05-07-09 63
   RE: Adam's EW cover zazzy 05-07-09 64
 Talk show pimpage zazzy 05-12-09 65
   RE: Talk show pimpage DoodleBug 05-12-09 68
       RE: Talk show pimpage DoodleBug 05-12-09 70
           RE: Talk show pimpage zazzy 05-12-09 71
 What not to sing puts data to the p... zazzy 05-12-09 66
   RE: What not to sing puts data to t... zazzy 05-12-09 67
 Top 3 singing order history Snidget 05-12-09 69
   RE: Top 3 singing order history zazzy 05-13-09 72
 Top 3 TV Guide Story Snidget 05-14-09 73
 F2 singing order zazzy 05-14-09 74
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-18-09 75
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 76
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 77
 RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 78
   RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 ... zazzy 05-22-09 80
 F3 singing order zazzy 05-22-09 81
 F2 singing order zazzy 05-22-09 82
   RE: F2 singing order CTgirl 05-22-09 83
       RE: F2 singing order zazzy 05-23-09 84

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-09, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
I think Lil, Adam, Danny and maybe Scott are the ones the judges most pimp. The others have moderate to low pimpage, with the lowest being Kris Allen.

03-14-09, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
TV Guide agrees with you about Kris (as do I)--see the write up of their article below.

03-14-09, 11:43 AM (EST)
2. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
This week's TV Guide (March 16-22) pimpage...er, I mean coverage:

In a one and one half page article covering AI: "We Judge the Lucky 13"--

Lil, Adam, Danny and Alexis are the featured pics; the other 9 are in smaller pics across the bottom.

TV Guide gives some editorial on each and rates them with stars--

one star means: "lucky to have made it this far"

two stars mean: "stranger things have happened"

three stars mean: "only a nude internet scandal could get in the way".

Highlights include (stars given):

Lil: *** "She'll need to get past the Fantasia comparisons but at this early vantage, she's the one to beat."

Adam: *** "Paula, Randy, Kara love the showmanship and acrobatic vocals, Simon less so. We're happy to see Adamania gripping teenyboppers."

Danny: *** "The man can sing, but his willingness to play the sympathy card over his wife's recent passing has already prompted a backlash. No matter--he ain't going away anytime soon."

Alexis: *** "She rocked the Queen of Soul's song and made a terrific, first impression."

Then out of the other nine:

Scott: *** "He'll last but he won't win."

Allison: ** "A big voice in search of a commensurate personality."

Anoop: ** ""Big Bang" geek appeal makes him a charmer, but we're not convinced he has the vocal chops to win."

Matt: ** "Nice on the piano bench, but gave us the blues when he ventured beyond the comfort zone of his R&B soul."

Kris: ** "He's got the talent and looks for a teengirl fan base, but his lack of early screen time (and so far, charisma) could mean an early boot."

Jasmine got two **, Jorge one * .

Micheal, Megan, got one * as well.

04-23-09, 10:26 AM (EST)
44. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
With Lil's boot we are down to 2/4 of the highlighted contestants in TV Guide's article.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Semi Final Pimp Spots"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-09 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

1. Danny Gokey
2. Adam Lambert
3. Lil Rounds

All of which were pretty obvious from the groups. Usually this means they won't get a pimp spot in the early rounds of the finals, but will be due for one once a lot of the fodder has been voted off.

ETA anything else I remember from auditions you didn't cover

Danny: Also got a lot of coverage of the tried out with his best friend thing. We saw him watching his friend from behind the curtain, etc.

Megan: Single Mom from Utah is the back story. Always had the quirky thing. Didn't she wear the same dress as Kristen I think it was when she auditioned? Isn't pimpy but I remember that dress.

03-14-09, 11:58 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Semi Final Pimp Spots"
Well, that's three of the four that TV Guide spotlighted and the top 3 on EW's PTTE list.

Wonder if the media a) get whispers from AI who to spotlight, or b) read the same pimpage cues that we do (like the semifinals singing order that you posted), or c) just happen to hold similar opinions? I'll take "a" for $200, Alex.

03-14-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Semi Final Pimp Spots"
Hard to know if the entertainment media is reporting more on the pimped people on any show because they are told to, or that is what the producers of the show tend to give more of to the whole audience. I'd like to see more back story on the people the producers don't spend time on, but I'm not sure that is what sells magazines, etc.

I'm sure it is clear from the producers who they are favoring and it probably makes sense to focus on those people since you can bet they are likely to last awhile. That and it likely helps to keep you getting access to the stories. So even if there isn't a direct request for the coverage, there probably is lots of indirect stuff that makes them tend to have the same slant as the producers.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-09, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Semi Final Pimp Spots"
Based on my experience as a publicist (I worked in trade book publishing), I would say that a publicist from AI meets with a reporter from TV Guide or EW and tells them who they want to feature (publicize). The final decision of what to write is left to the magazine, but since they are on deadline (and wouldn't get any future scoops), AI's agenda isn't messed with too much.

03-21-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Top 11. Grand Ole Opry night. Randy Travis, mentor.

Results show's guests: Brad Paisley; Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis in a (prerecorded) duet.

Singing order of the performance show:

1. Michael "Ain't Going Down Till The Sun Comes Up" **bottom 3**
2. Allison "Blame It On Your Heart" **bottom 2**
3. Kris "To Make You Feel My Love"
4. Lil "Independence Day"
5. Adam "Ring Of Fire"
6. Scott "Wild Angels"
7. Alexis "Jolene" **booted**
8. Danny "Jesus Take the Wheel"
9. Anoop "You Were Always On My Mind"
10. Megan "Walking After Midnight"
11. Matt "So Small"

I still need to watch the rest of show so I am light on pimpage remarks today. Here's some from the parts I did see:

Michael's being in the bottom 2 did not surprise me because he could barely keep up with the song. Did he get any pimpage? He did get to talk about his 2 year old daughter on results night.

He definitely got antipimped by the Simon saying that the judges would consider saving one of the bottom 2 and when Alexis was the boot candidate, he told her she was the one they would consider saving. So clearly Michael is on thin ice and the March thaw is upon us. He made the tour; his story arc may be up.

Danny got the "audience cheering and cheering and cheering so the judges can not give comments" pimpage. They let the cheering go on for some time.

Anoop got the "that makes up for last week and why you are part of the top 13" pimpage. They had the extended audience cheering thing for Anoop, too, but it did not go on for as long as they allowed it to for Danny.

Megan got the "you're a trooper because you are performing while ill" pimpage. Lots of discussion of her condition. That and her placement of second to last may have helped her stay. Or the lowcut dress. Or her singing. It wasn't Ryan bringing her Kleenex so she wouldn't touch him, lol. You decide.

Alexis was booted, and a friend mentioned to me that Alexis did not get good lighting or graphics when she sang her song on performance night, in comparison to others. I'll watch for that when I watch the rest of the show.

Wondering if Allison is slated to get the pimp spot at top 10. She's the dark horse, you know.

P.S. Read on another board that the top 10 went to Motown to get footage for the next show (theme is Motown songs?); but that Michael and Megan were too ill to go. So 8 of the top 10. Not pimpage or antipimpage, just being sick.

tyrocks00 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-09, 02:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tyrocks00 Click to send private message to tyrocks00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Adam gets pimped by the judges alot

"Deep down Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a
bell"umgd

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-09, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Signature violation"
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines. There's a limit to the amount of text that we permit posters to use in their signatures.

03-27-09, 09:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-09 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

Top ten week...Motown songs theme. Includes a trip to Motown sans the flu recovering Michael and Megan. Smokey Robinson is the mentor (is this Smokey's second time as the mentor in 8 seasons?) and we also get Berry Gordy on the Hitsville USA tour and on performance night, too.

Results night guest performances were Josh Stone/Smokey Robinson duet; Ruben Stoddard; Stevie Wonder with a Motown medley.

Singing order:

1. Matt: "Let's Get It On" --bottom two--
2. Kris: "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)"
3. Scott: "You Can't Hurry Love" --bottom three (but "safe")--
4. Megan: "For Once In My Life"
5. Anoop: "Ooooh, Baby, Baby"
6. Michael: "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" **booted**
7. Lil: "Heatwave"
8. Adam: "Tracks Of My Tears"
9. Danny: "Get Ready"
10. Allison: "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" **pimp spot**

Matt got "one of the front runners" pimpage. He also had the first spot in the singing order and wound up in the bottom two because, perhaps, he was forgotten by the end of the show? Dial Idol had him as safe and not as one of the bottom three candidates; so text messages must have made the difference.

Kris got some good praise but it was tempered in comparison with Matt's pimpage. Simon also did the picking on image thing to help sew seeds of doubt about Kris. "Standing at a busstop". Good for Kris for clarifying confidence from conceit.

Scott got mostly panned and got the lengthy confusing discussion with the judges, primarily Simon and Paula, that devolves into it being about them and not about Scott.

Megan was a mess and her only (faint) pimpage was that she looked good and the camera loves her. Simon's admonition that she was in trouble did help rally her support so she was not back in the bottom 3 this week. She wore a short dress that showed off her legs this week; taking a page from Haley, perhaps?

Anoop got some minor pimpage. He bores me--so I don't really recall what their praise was. He did get the dual edged sword judges' suggestion to change it up next week. That usually does not work, so it will be interesting to see if Anoop follows their advice. IMO the judges/producers want Anoop for viewers and text messages but not in the F4. We'll see!

Michael got panned. Simon told him he had no chance of winning. Clearly Michael was going to be in the bottom of the votes because many of the other performers were simply better. Michael had to do a "sing off" to get into the top 36. IMO the sing off peeps never get far. And so it was for Michael.

Lil got the "it could have been better" type of comments, but we were reminded that she IS one of the best singers by Simon, too. So that's save-the-performer pimpage.

Adam. From Smokey R's standing O (and whether Smokey gave a standing O to anyone else we weren't shown except for Allison) to the judges' effusive praise, Adam got the "best performance of the night" pimpage AND the "you have emerged as a star tonight" pimpage from Simon, who had previously held back on praising Adam. This was also a huge contrast to last week's slam on Adam by Simon after Adam performed "Ring of Fire".

Danny got interesting placement tonight. By placing him between Adam and Allison, the judges got to be effusive with both Adam and Allison and contrast their performances to Danny's. I wondered if we were having the Final 3 served up as the last three of the top ten. We'll know many weeks from now. Paula was assigned to praise him, er, I mean gave him props while Randy and Kara gave the mixed reviews and Simon the thumbs down. This week they did not let the audience applause go on and on and the judges' comments were short and rushed.

Allison--from having the pimp spot to Smokey R's standing O and two judges' standing O's...she was clearly and completely pimped. No judge mentioned her mumbling words (or were they forgotten words?). Kara exclaimed that Allison's talent was from God while Randy reminded us that she is 16 and is "blazing hot". Simon said it was one of her best. (IMO Kara could not tell Adam he was the best performance of the night because she had to be the one to gush for Allison--so she told Adam he was one of the best performances, paving the way for Simon to declare it THE best.) Kara implored people to vote for Allison and it worked. She was not back in the bottom this week.

Other pimpage:

Lil got quite a bit of spotlight on the Motown visit; and in the group number on results night she was THE spotlighted one. Matt got more singouts than others, too, on the male side.

Lil also got another spotlight with the "you could be in the bottom three" build up from Ryan as he mentioned past "Heatwave" performers going to the bottom three while he gave the results. He had Lil convinced she was going to the bottom three before he declared her safe.

Megan was the other one who was made to seem likely to go to the bottom 3 but was safe. Megan also get some small pimpage from TV Guide--this week's Idolchat in TVG focuses on Megan's Joyful Tatoos--we learn it is a castle with a queen, a prince, a princess, but no king as she is now divorced (and that's why she dropped the Corkrey from her name). Like I keep saying--the pretty girl hangs in until around 8th or so.

Next week's theme: Top 100 current itunes downloads

03-27-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Possibly of interest--the last four to sing this week in the top ten were:

7. Lil
8. Adam
9. Danny
10. Allison

The last four to sing top ten week in 2008 were:

7. Carly Smithson
8. David Archuleta --second place--
9. Kristy Lee Cook
10. David Cook --Winner

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/2430.shtml

The last four to sing top ten week in 2007 were:

7 Melinda --third--
8 Blake --second--
9 Jordin --Winner--
10 Chris R

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID44/2150.shtml

03-27-09, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
I hope this means good news for Lil!

Anyway, as long as she's being pimped, I have high hopes for her to last awhile. When they stop pimping her, then I'll really worry.

05-22-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
79. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Following up on this observation of the show stacking their favs for F4 to sing at the end of the group at F10:

The last four to sing F10 week in the top ten and how they fared:

7. Lil booted at F7-round 2, first boot
8. Adam --second--
9. Danny --third--
10. Allison --fourth--

And now looking back on last season, I think Carly was intended to be in the F4, but it didn't work out that way.

03-27-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
12. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Recapping singing order by contestant top 13 through top 9:

Allison: 7/13, 2/11(B2), 10/10(pimp)

Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10

Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp)

Lil: 1/13, 4/11, 7/10

Matt: 12/13(near pimp), 11/11(pimp) 1/10(b2)

Anoop: 8/13, 9/11, 5/10

Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10

Scott: 2/13, 6/11, 3/10(b3)

Megan: 10/13, 10/11(near pimp), 4/10

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Michael: 4/13, 1/11(b3), 6/10(boot)

Alexis: 13/13(pimp), 7/11(boot)

Jorge: 9/13(boot)

Jasmine: 5/13(boot)

Of the 9 remaining, Anoop (8,9,5) and Adam (11,5,8) have not had to sing any **earlier** than 5th. The other 7 have sung anywhere from 1-4 in one of the last three weeks.

In contrast, Kris (6,3,2) and Scott(2,6,3) have been placed earlier than the others, singing at 6th as their **latest** placement.

Lil (1,4,7) has sung first and I'm guessing is nearing the pimp spot this week or next.

Allison (7,3,10) and Matt (12,11,1) have already had pimp spots so I expect them to be placed in the middle this week.

Megan (10,10,4) needs a near pimp or a great performance if she is going to last another week.

Danny (3,8,9) probably won't get a pimp spot until later, when he may need it or there is someone else they really want booted.

Predicting next week:

(Without knowing songs, performance order or the acutal performances) I expect Anoop to sing early this week, even possibly first, and that pushes him into the bottom 3 with likely b3-ers Megan and Scott.

Anoop should be safe, so the boot would come from Megan or Scott. Megan has not yet been in the bottom 3, so that would mean Scott would go.

Matt, of course, could revisit the b3 but his fans may be on alert from this week's near miss, so I don't expect him to go.

I hope Kris gets to sing later this week. I think he can continue to pick up fans.

03-27-09, 07:09 PM (EST)
15. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
USA Today's "Idolmeter"

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-03-16-idol-meter-usethisone_N.htm

USA Today blogger Ken Barnes and others have come up with an "Idolmeter", giving points for singing order, positive/negative judges' comments, how they do with the bottom 3, Dialidol, etc. It's outlined on the site. Wonder what points they will assign for a judges' save?

Here is this week's rankings after the top 10 performances and results:

1. Adam
2. Kris
3. Allison
4. Anoop
5. Matt
6. Lil
7. Danny
8. Scott
9. Megan

One of the surprises with this system is where Danny falls at 7th this week and Kris comes in at 2.

It'll be interesting to track over the next few weeks to see if they are on to anything.

03-27-09, 07:16 PM (EST)
16. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Found I could get top 11 results, too:

1. Anoop
2. Matt
3. Kris
4. Danny
5. Megan
6. Adam
7. Allison
8. Scott
9. Lil
10. Michael

Interesting that they had Michael at 10th last week and he was the boot this week.

03-27-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
By that reckoning, as long as Lil isn't in last place of those who survived, she'll be safe!

04-03-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Idolmeter: Top 9"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-09 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

Here's this week's Idolmeter:

1. Kris
2. Danny
3. Adam
4. Scott
5. Lil
6. Matt
7. Allison
8. Anoop
9. Megan (boot)

Megan was 9th on Idolmeter last week and was the boot this week. That's two weeks in a row--Michael Sarver, then Megan Joy, so will it be Anoop for the boot next week since he's 8th on their meter this week? Or did his hitting the bottom 2 this week put Anoop fans on notice to keep him out of the b3 next week?

04-03-09, 04:02 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Idolmeter: Top 9"
Oh, and they put Lil in 5th! She'll be safe!

03-29-09, 07:43 AM (EST)
18. "What not to sing"
We have ECST and pimpage threads....these people created a whole database to track AI, What Not To Sing (WNTS).

Want to know who sang what, which season, and how well it went? It's all there. I posted this here so I could remember where I put it and so we could compare their assesments/data compilation to the pimpage the judges are giving.

http://www.whatnottosing.com/

04-03-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: What not to sing"
Cool site, it is nice to be able to see what songs have been done a bunch of times.

04-05-09, 11:55 AM (EST)
22. "Top 9 week"
Top 9 week: Top itunes downloads; wide open selection. Some played it safe. No mentor.

Results show included David Cook singing "Come Back To Me" and Lady Gaga.

Singing order:

1. Anoop --bottom 2-- "Caught Up" (Usher)

2. Megan **boot** "Turn Your Lights Down Low" (Bob Marley)

3. Danny "What Hurts The Most" (Rascal Flatts)

4. Allison --bottom 3-- "Don't Speak" (No Doubt)

5. Scott "Just The Way You Are" (Billy Joel)
6. Matt "You Found Me" (The Fray)
7. Lil "I Surrender" (Celine Dion)
8. Adam "Play That Funky Music" (Wild Cherry)

9. Kris --pimp spot-- "Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers)

Results night Ryan divided the idols into three groups of three and made it sound like one group of three would be in the bottom 3; instead it was one from each group. He had Matt faked out; Matt headed to the b3 stools but then Ryan clarified what he was saying to Matt--that he was safe.

Anoop was in the bottom 2 with Megan and watched with the rest of us as Simon told her she wouldn't be considered for the "save". Wonder if that will change Anoop's attitude as he gets feedback from the judges next week?

The Pimp Report:

Anoop--first singing spot, depimped, and panned by the judges; "frat boy" and "fail" were some of the comments made. Anoop's college friends were in the audience and shown on tv. So the "frat" comment must have stung. Many have commented that Anoop displayed an attitude when the judges were giving feedback.

Megan--also depimped. Monotonous, indulgent, and boring were some of the comments. Also compared her performance to watching paint dry. No surprise she was the boot, with her going second, and being buried by the judges' comments, but of note -- Megan had never been in the bottom 3 before this week. It just seemed like she had been.

Danny--lavishly pimped. First they let the applause go on for a long time; the praise was effusive, including "brilliant". Perhaps there was some grief consideration to the pimpage, Danny's grandfather had passed away this last week and Danny was allowed to attend the funeral. Simon even threw Danny a wink after he gave him his comments. Did anyone catch Ryan's rye comment of "you were really on a mission with that one" as he did the post judges' comments chat with Danny?

Allison--comments focused on her outfit, as in "what are you wearing?" The outfit de-pimpage and singing order helped push her back into the bottom 3.

Scott--really pimped. Got some "best of the night" comments from some of the judges and "your best by a country mile" from Simon. It seemed like over-pimpage to me, and like they were getting comments for the future boot reel in place.

Matt--both pimped and depimped. Pimped because he got the fawning-girls-surrounding-the-keyboard-as-he-played set up and special lighting treatment; depimped because he was told The Fray was not him and they were suggesting he sing R&B. As in, Get in the R&B box, Matt! Matt clearly has other ideas. Kara did tell him he did not deserve to go home and it worked; he wasn't even in the b3.

Lil--depimped due to song choice comments but a pimp-save by Ryan; she was told she should have been singing Mary (J Blige), Mariah, etc. She was told she sang to be safe, like a wedding performance. Then Ryan brings her kids into focus by asking her daughters what they think of the judges being mean to mommy...and winds up taking the smaller one of them to hit Randy but she instead winds up giving Randy a great hug. It was a nice idol awwwww moment. And then we have Lil wiping away tears while Ryan is giving her phone numbers for votes. She was so safe after that!

Adam: pimped--compared to Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler; and was told he was in the star "zone".

Kris: pimp spot/pimped -- and deservedly so. After being buried in early singing slots the past three weeks, Kris finally got a great spotlight in the pimp spot, playing at a keyboard and surrounded by 4 violinists. He had great lighting and camera angles, too. The complete pimp! The judges gushed as well: best performance so far, artistry, your best to date, first cut from your album, etc.

Other pimpage:

On results night Ryan had some of the idols imitate one another--what I recall were the Danny impressions. I'll have to check the vid to see who all was part of that. At least we're not getting the lame questions/phone calls with the audience like last year.

Next week's theme: Songs from the year you were born, or aka, 80's week for most of them.

04-05-09, 03:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Top 9 week"
I'm glad Ryan pimped Lil by having her kids shown. It helped keep her out of the Bottom 3.

04-05-09, 09:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top 9 week"
Recapping singing order by contestant now that we are down to 8:

Allison: 7/13, 2/11(B2), 10/10(pimp), 4/9(b3)
Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10, 8/9 (near pimp)
Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp), 3/9
Lil: 1/13, 4/11, 7/10, 7/9
Matt: 12/13(near pimp), 11/11(pimp) 1/10(b2), 6/9
Anoop: 8/13, 9/11, 5/10, 1/9
Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10, 9/9 (pimp)
Scott: 2/13, 6/11, 3/10(b3), 5/9
----------------------------------------------------------------
Megan: 10/13, 10/11(near pimp), 4/10 , 2/9 (boot)

Note the three who had pimp spots in the top 36--> top 13 have not yet had pimp spots from top 13--> top 9. IMO it's time for Adam, Danny, or Lil to close the show.

Predicting this week:

Allison will sing later again--she winds up in the B3 or B2 when she sings earlier in the show. Her pattern is later, earlier, later, earlier. Predicting 5-8 for the week.

Adam is due to sing early in show, yet we know some people are tuning in specifically to see what Adam does each week--that may keep him singing later in the show, which, of course, is beneficial. His pattern is later, middle, later, later. Toss up this week.

Anoop-- although he sang first and has not had a pimp spot, I think he’ll sing early to middle of the pack this week. No real pattern--middle, later, middle, early. Predicting 1-4 this week.

Danny could get flipped back to a later spot in the show, especially if they slot Adam earlier. Pattern: early, late, late, early. Predicting 5-8 this week.

Lil is dues for a pimp spot. A Tina Turner song from the 80’s would make for a nice one, too! Pattern: early, early, middle, later. Predicting 5-8 this week.

Matt--I’m predicting he goes somewhere 1-4 this week. He has been given many chances to shine already. Late, late, early middle so far.

Kris: many times AI will have the previous week’s pimp spotter sing first the following week. I’m hoping that does not hold true for Kris. That’s (part of) what sent Michael Johns home. Pattern: middle, early, early, late.

Scott: I think his story arc is on the wane…time for early slotting. Pattern: early, middle, early, middle. If they don't push Kris into singing first, then I think it will be Scott.

Without knowing the songs--here's a prediction of singing order:

Early 1-4: Scott, Anoop, Adam, Matt
Later 5-8: Kris, Allison, Danny, Lil(pimp)

04-06-09, 03:45 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Top 9 week"
Hope Lil gets the last position -- and kills the song in the process as well!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-09, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top 9 week"
Allison did a Danny impression
Annop did a Kris impression
Danny did a Matt impression
In the video, Matt was doing a Danny impression

That's all that I recall.

04-06-09, 08:16 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Top 9 week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-09 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

Thanks! So Adam, Scott, and Lil (and Megan) were left out of the antics.

04-06-09, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Top 9 week"
And Allison - no one did an impression of her.

04-06-09, 10:55 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Top 9 week"
I counted her as pimped because she was featured doing an impression.

04-06-09, 04:47 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Top 9 week"
Oh, well, that makes sense! Duh.

04-08-09, 10:45 AM (EST)
31. "TV Guide pimpage"
Next week's TV Guide is already here. Per usual, there is an AI spotlight section. Pimpage, perhpas? PR is PR!

This time it is AI fashion; as in American Idol's "most fashionable contenders". Pictured are:

Megan--silk strapless dress
Lil--Virgins, Saints and Angels San Benito Grande ring
Danny--Ray Ban style glassess
Adam --- Diesel Black Gold Lemblud leather jacket
Allison--black bow belt from Forever 21
Kris --Ben Sherman Deep plaid shirt

The peeps that are NOT featured are: Matt, Anoop, and Scott.

IMO these articles are planned well in advance and Megan was supposed to last longer than she did. Longer than Matt, Anoop and Scott, perhaps?

04-08-09, 11:58 AM (EST)
32. "Top 8 week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-09 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

No mentor. Theme: songs from the year of their birth and showing baby/early childhood pictures except for Matt who also got video shown of his being in a play with a speaking role.

Results night: Kellie Pickler and rapper Flo Rida perform. Surprise performance from Frankie Avalon, who sang "Venus", the top song the year Simon was born, 1959. So, Simon turns 50 this year.

Top 8 singing order:

1. Danny “Stand By Me” (Mickey Gilley version/Urban Cowboy)
2. Kris “All She Wants To Do Is Dance" (Don Henley)

3. Lil “What’s Love Got To Do With It” (Tina Turner)--bottom 3--
4. Anoop “True Colors” (Cyndi Lauper’s version of the Phil Collins song) --bottom 2--

5. Scott “The Search Is Over” (Survivor) **boot***
6. Allison “I Can’t Make You Love Me” (Bonnie Raitt)

7. Matt: “Part Time Lover” (Stevie Wonder)
8. Adam: “Mad World” (Tears For Fears)

The pimp report:

Danny-pimped--sorta of a gushy pimp--Simon’s critique: beginning, good; middle, lazy; end, terrific; overall, great. Others: vocal talent, you killed it, made it your own, set the bar so high everyone will have to run fast to catch up.

Kris--depimped- and bashed by Simon: indulgent, boring, forgettable, poor song choice, stupid song. Loved that someone from the crowd yelled out to Kris: “you’re hot!” when Simon was talking so he had to address it by saying it’s not about that. Said he was like a guitar player that wants to sing instead of a singer who also plays guitar. It’s almost like he couldn’t bash Kris enough. Paula said he was likable. Later Simon tells Allison she is not likable enough. Interesting that “likable” was an issue last night.

Lil--depimped--didn’t show who she was as an artist; beautiful karaoke; needs to go from singer to artist.

Anoop--sorta pimped. Discussion of controlled vocals, control of the song. Simon resurrects last week by comparing it to being abysmal last week and this week very good. Got the Ryan pre performance pimp of letting Anoop “take back” his attitude from last week by apologizing to the judges.

Scott--depimped. Randy: just all ok; it did not show you as a star as one of the best undiscovered talent in America. Rest of discussion was around song choice, playing the guitar instead of the piano, his personality, etc.

Allison--pimped. Kara: let’s go make a record. Paula talked about her voice being a gift and showing her emotion. Randy compares her to Kelly C. Simon mars the pimpage by talking about how she needs to be more likeable. Sigh.

Matt--pimped-saved: it was a rushed pimp but his “near pimp” placement in the singing order and the judges’ comments should keep him out of the bottom 3: Randy --vocally one of the best of the night;
Kara --incredible; Paula --Standing o; Simon-- million times better than last week, well done.

Adam--PIMPED-- pimp spot and rushed pimpage due to the show running long: only Simon talks and gives Adam a standing O. Has anyone researched Simon’s last standing O?

---post results--

I thought they wanted Kris, Scott, and Lil in the b3 but it turned out it was Anoop, Scott, and Lil.

This was after Ryan had the Adam- adulation continue (and I don't mean this meanly or sarcastically, I liked Adam's performance) by having the judges finish their comments from the previous night since they ran out of time then and only Simon commented. Adam did a text book example of how to receive praise and be humble, sucking up and yet illuminating how rare it was for Simon to do a standing O. Danny, are you watching? It's your smugness on results night that is turning off some viewers.

Some feel Ryan toyed with Anoop in the manner that Ryan told Lil she was safe and Anoop was b2. To me that was textbook Ryan stuff. I don't cringe over it anymore...after what he did with Michael Johns last year. But it was more de-pimpage for Anoop. If that treatment by Ryan and being in the B2 doesn't fire up the Anoop fan base, then, well, Anoop for the boot next week.

Oh and Ryan told us that only 30,000 votes separated Anoop and Scott, so those friend of a friend "voting results" someone has been posting on message boards that suggest Anoop is getting the most or second most votes are so bogus, but we knew that.

EW info: EW writer Michael Slezack does an AI wrap up on video called "Idolatry" and also interviews the booted on his "Idolatry" show. He was interviewing Megan and asked her about the band overpowering her. Her answer about being pressed to be "true to the music" and go the way of the band going full out shows the behind the scenes pressure/manipulation that goes on:

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html

Next week's theme: Songs from the cinema.

04-08-09, 07:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Top 8 week"
I think they'll get at least two of them in the Bottom 3 this week -- Kris & Scott. I don't know if they'll get Lil in as well, however. I hope not!

04-09-09, 12:00 PM (EST)
34. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Singing placement now that we are down to 7:

Allison: 7/13, 2/11(B2), 10/10(pimp), 4/9(b3), 6/8

Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10, 8/9 (near pimp), 8/8 (pimp)

Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp), 3/9, 1/8

Lil: 1/13, 4/11, 7/10, 7/9, 3/8 (b3)

Matt: 12/13(near pimp), 11/11(pimp) 1/10(b2), 6/9, 7/8 (near pimp)

Anoop: 8/13, 9/11, 5/10, 1/9 (b2), 4/8 (b2)

Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10, 9/9 (pimp), 2/8

-----------------------------------------------------------
Scott: 2/13, 6/11, 3/10(b3), 5/9, 5/8 (boot)

Has never sung in the first half of the show in the top 13: Adam

Has not sung first in the top 13: Allison, Adam, Kris

Has not gotten the pimp spot in the top 13: Danny, Lil, Anoop

Never in b3: Adam, Danny, Kris

Kris: WORST singing placement: sung first half of the show 4 out of 5 times! At least he got one pimp.
Adam: BEST placement; NEVER has sung in the first half of the show

Danny: sung first half of the show 3/5 x
Lil: sung first half of the show 3/5 x

Matt: great placement: one pimp spot and two near pimpages; when he sang in the first half of the show he was in the bottom 2

Anoop: has sung first half of the show 3/5x and no pimp or near pimpage

Allison: sings in the first half of the show and winds up in bottom 2 or 3

Looking at this singing order I would say the producers want Matt in the F4.

04-09-09, 05:28 PM (EST)
35. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-09 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

Now with getting down to 7 contestants, people's performances are (hopefully) not as easily forgotten.

In the past 4 weeks, (top 11,10,9 & 8), the bottom 2 and bottom 3 have ALL come from the first 4 slots of the show--which meant that the bottom 2 and bottom 3's all came from the **first half** of the show.

Top 11: slot 1: B3 slot 2: B2

Top 10: slot 1: B2 slot 3: B3

Top 9: slot 1: B2 slot 4: B3 slot 2: Boot

Top 8: slot 3: B3 slot 4: B2

Now singing 4th/7 puts the contestant in the middle of the show.

Wonder if the B2 and B3 will come from just the first three slots now.

04-13-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
36. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
An observation of the past three seasons pimp spot placements at top 7--top 4 and what it suggests for this week's pimp spot:

In each of the last three seasons, the only people who were pimped from the top 7 on were those who were/wound up in the top 4:

2008: 4th Jason, 3rd Syesha, 2nd DA, winner DC

Pimp spots
Top 7: Jason C (Mariah songs/Mariah Carey mentor)
Top 6: David C (Andrew Lloyd Webber songs/ALW mentor) (repeat pimp--4 weeks since last pimp spot)

Top 5: Syesha (Neil Diamond songs, Neil Diamond mentor; two songs each)
Top 4: David A (Songs that shaped rock 'n roll/no mentor) (repeat pimp--8 weeks since last pimp)

2007: 4th Lakisha, 3rd Melinda, 2nd Blake, winner Jordin

4/17 top 7: Blake sings last of 7 (country night/ Martina McBride)
4/24 top 6: Jordin sings last of 6 (repeat top 12 pimpage) (Idol Gives Back/ispirational songs night)

5/1 top 6 again: Melinda sings last of 6 (repeat top 12 pimpage) (Jon Bon Jovi night)
5/8 top 4: Jordin sings last of 4 (threepeat top 12 pimpage)(Bee Gees night; Barry Gibb mentors; 2 songs each)

(in the case of 2007, only the top 3 were pimped from 7th-4th, imo because Jordin needed the extra pimp)

2006: 4th Chris, 3rd Elliot, 2nd Kat, winner Taylor

4/18 top 7: Kat sang last of 7
4/25 top 6: Chris sang last of 6

5/2 top 5: Taylor sang last of 5
5/9 top 4: Kat sang last of 4

I think this week's pimp spot will go to Danny or Lil. I'm leaning toward Danny because 2 of the last 3 years the top 7 pimp wound up being F2 (Kat, Blake).

However, I could see Lil having the pimp spot because singing a ballad from the cinema would be a great time to show her voice. Back at the beginning of the top 13 TV Guide had her as the one to beat. The show is going to pimp spot her one time in the top 13 before she's booted, right?

Meltdown94 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-14-09, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meltdown94 Click to send private message to Meltdown94 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Last night I was watching the news (I forgot which network) and a story on American Idol came one, and they were discussing the judge's favorite contestants. These are the two they mentioned.

Adam - Said he was strong and consistent every week, strongest contestant, and they showed the clip of Simon giving him a standing ovation

Allison - They only mentioned her briefly. Showed clip of Randy commenting her (forget what he said) and also mentioned how good she is for only being 16

Could this be Pimpage?

04-14-09, 04:44 PM (EST)
38. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Absolutely! Good catch. IMO they get the "B roll" (the video film footage) and talking points from the program.

The year Chris Daughtry was on the show they went full bore out with a huge PR campaign for Chris that built to a huge frenzy around the top 7 or 6 time frame. He was on magazine covers; tons of articles were written about him. They were acting like it was all sewn up. But if you look at Dial Idol results, Chris was not the frontrunner. He sagged into the bottom 3 at top 8. He got a pimp spot at top 6, jumped up in the list at top 6 and 5, but then sagged again at top 4 and was booted. That's why in retrospect his boot wasn't as shocking as it seemed.

The next year the show handled singing order a bit differently and pimped Jordin 3x in the top 12 before the F3.

04-21-09, 01:15 PM (EST)
39. "Top 7 week"
Top 7 week--Quentin Tarentino, mentor; theme: songs from the cinema. Presumably a wide open category yet two of the 7 chose Bryan Adams songs.

Results night performances from Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus.

Singing order:

1. Allison: "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (Aerosmith)
2. Anoop: "Everything I Do (Bryan Adams) **bottom 3**
3. Adam: "Born To Be Wild" (Steppenwolf)
4. Matt: "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman" (Bryan Adams) **boot** but ** "saved" **
5. Danny: "Endless Love" (Diana Ross)
6. Kris: "Falling Slowly" (Glen Hansard/from Once)
7. Lil: "The Rose" (Bette Midler) **bottom 2**

The Pimp Report

We had the weird judges' teams of two giving comments on performance night instead of all four giving comments on each person. Paula and Simon commented on, well what do you know, the front runners like Allison, Adam, and Danny, and former front runner, Lil, while Randy and Kara commented on the others. Huh. Wonder how that happened. (*eye roll*)

Lil--getting the pimp spot is like getting a bye in a tournament round. Good news for Lil, because while the spot pimped her, the judges did not. De-pimp for Lil from Simon, who, as EW put it, broke up with her when he told Allison she was the last hope left for the girls. So it was already tough for Lil to come out and sing at the end of the show. She had like 50 minutes to let that comment seep into her brain and mess with her thinking. We've had first hand reports of AI messing with contestants' minds/emotions before they perform (Carmen Rasmussen article from last year) but this is a great example of how it is being done this year. Simon: "I think you are getting this completely wrong".

Allison--Superpimp by Simon. "You're through to the end" and "You are the girls' only hope". What about the performance, Simon? Paula told her she had "special sauce" like Adam. Ah, the F2 agenda emerges in full glory this week. I wondered how they were going to do it. They even had Allison seated next to Adam on results night and they were the first two to find out that they were safe. So, even though Allison has gotten pimped in the past, been told she was the "dark horse", here was the full on "perception building comments" night.

Matt--Ubersuper pimp because he got the "save" used on him. But not before Simon made a depimp comment to Matt that Matt would never win, and asked him to say how many times he had been in the bottom 3. Just to be sure that America got the message that Matt is future fodder and not one of the F3 or anything.

Adam--BTBW brought the house down. Adam pimped himself, lol. As did Idol, with the super-duper rock show lighting treatment and graphics. I can't help but contrast that production with a performance like, say, Michael Sarver's singing the Garth Brooks song "Till The Sun Comes Up" or whatever it's called. Did it get any production help? Didn't think so. Simon: "vocally incredible". Paula: "You dare to dance in the path of greatness; fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest".

Danny--semi-pimp for Danny; Danny's treatment reminds me of DA's last year. A praise from the judges whether the performance merited it or not. Paula: "beautiful rendition"; Simon: (faint praise) "I can't fault the way you sung the song". Danny had a harpist playing a large harp accompanying his performance, so that was a nice presentation pimpage from AI. But wait! The depimping of Danny has started, with phrases from Simon like "I was a bit bored"...and "I was disappointed".

Anoop--mild pimpage from the judges but imo he depimped himself when Ryan asked him what he was thinking when he sang his song. Anoop! You should have said you were thinking of all of your loyal fans!

Kris--AI barely let him on stage; the judges comments were very rushed. Kris sings pitch perfect; never misses a note and performs well. He isn't flashy and he isn't the agenda for 2009. Randy tried to major depimp him by say that "For me it was pitchy". I think he said "for me" about 7x. Kara a gave him "one of your best moments ever" pimp. However, the belated pimp came from Simon on results night. Simon interrupts Ryan to tell Kris he thought he was "brilliant". This comment came, of course, after the voting was done but also after several credible media reviews were jeering Randy's comments. Come on AI, let Kris into the F3, ok? Or does it have to be Adam, Allison and Danny?

Next week: Disco (supposedly a mentor with a different theme cancelled so they chose Disco. Which contestant does Disco favor?) Because the save was used, two will get the boot.

04-21-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Top 7 week"
This week's idolmeter:

1. Adam
2. Kris
3. Danny
4. Allison
5. Anoop
6. Lil
7. Matt

Hmmm...wonder if this is how the votes turned out--because it does represent the bottom 3 and the likely #1 vote getter very well.

Forgot to put in the pimp article that only Kris sang a "current" song on movie night...and that helped him stand out and get some strokes in the press. And we know Simon is sensitive to what the press is writing.

04-21-09, 01:29 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Top 7 week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-09 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Singing placement now that we are down to 7, second time around:

Allison: 7/13, 2/11(B2), 10/10(pimp), 4/9(b3), 6/8, 1/7

Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10, 8/9 (near pimp), 8/8 (pimp), 3/7

Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp), 3/9, 1/8, 5/7

Lil: 1/13, 4/11, 7/10, 7/9, 3/8 (b3), 7/7 (pimp) (b2)

Matt: 12/13(near pimp), 11/11(pimp) 1/10(b2), 6/9, 7/8 (near pimp), 4/7 (boot/save*)

Anoop: 8/13, 9/11, 5/10, 1/9 (b2), 4/8 (b2), 2/7 (b3)

Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10, 9/9 (pimp), 2/8, 6/7 (near pimp)

*booted but saved

-------------------------------------

Never in the bottom 3: Adam, Danny and Kris

Adam finally sung in the first half of the show.

Has not sung first in the top 13: Adam, Kris **Concerned that Kris is going first next week.**

Has not gotten the pimp spot in the top 13: Danny, Anoop

Pimp spot prediction for this week: Danny

Predicting tonight's singing order:

1. Kris--never has sung first
2. Lil--has pimp spot last week or could sing first
3. Anoop--doesn't he usually sing in the first half of the group?
4. Matt
5. Adam
6. Allison for the near pimp
7. Danny for the pimp spot

04-21-09, 02:29 PM (EST)
42. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Producer comments can be a source of pimpage info. Here's USA Today's interview with Ken Warwick that tells us about a day in the life of producing AI; note Ken's comments about 6 of the 7 contestants in the pic slide show:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/l090421_AmericanIdol/flash.htm?gid=970&aid=4561

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2009-04-20-idol-backstage_N.htm

04-23-09, 10:22 AM (EST)
43. "Top 7 week, round 2"
I marvel at the singing placement Matt has received. Is he related to someone who works on the show or something?

Matt's singing placement:

Top 13: 12/13 (near pimp)
Top 11: 11/11 (pimp)
Top 10: 1/10
Top 9: 6/9
Top 8: 7/8 (near pimp)
Top 7: 4/7 (boot*) *saved
Top 7(2nd time): 6/7 (near pimp)

Matt has sung in the first half of the show only one time. He has had a pimp spot or near pimp spot 4/7 times and one save. That's great treatment 5/7 times! And singing 6/9 isn't shabby, either.

That leaves one yucky placement at F10 when there was still ample fodder to be booted before him. I'm wondering if this is about the judges' wildcard choice making it to a certain point so that their wildcard choices don't look just terrible. Their choices were Jasmine, Megan, Anoop and Matt. I think America chose better than the judges.

Since the pimp spot person at F7 round 2 got booted (Anoop), will Matt be the one to sing first? Or will the show try to push him into the F4 by putting him in the pimp spot on Rat Pack week?

Contrast Matt's singing placement to Danny, who has sung in the first half of the show 4x and gotten only one near pimp. No pimp spot in the top 13 yet. He's due.

The singing placement summary now that we are down to the F5:

Allison: 7/13, 2/11(b2), 10/10(pimp), 4/9(b3), 6/8, 1/7, 4/7(b3)
Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10, 8/9 (near pimp), 8/8 (pimp), 3/7, 5/7
Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10, 9/9 (pimp), 2/8, 6/7 (near pimp), 2/7
Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp), 3/9, 1/8, 5/7, 3/7

Matt: 12/13(near pimp), 11/11(pimp) 1/10(b2), 6/9, 7/8 (near pimp), 4/7 (boot/save*), 6/7 (near pimp)
*booted but saved

-------------------------------------

Anoop: 8/13, 9/11, 5/10, 1/9 (b2), 4/8 (b2), 2/7 (b3), 7/7 (pimp) (boot)
Lil: 1/13, 4/11, 7/10, 7/9, 3/8 (b3), 7/7 (pimp) (b2), 1/7 (boot)

Has never sung first/opened the show in the top 13: Adam, Kris

Never had the pimp spot in the top 13: Danny

Never in the bottom 3: Adam, Kris, Danny

04-23-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Top 7 week, round 2"
I think that is what is causing VFTW so much angst. By all measures Matt really ought to be the next logical pick. He isn't that entertainingly bad, but he is bad enough for a top 5 person that he should be front runner for the next selection.

But he is getting a disproportionate amount of pimping and saving even if he isn't getting the best pimpage from the judge's comments every single week.

Do the producers think he's marketable so trying to dark horse him into the finals or does he have the good blackmail photos or what?

04-23-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Top 7 week, round 2"
*snort* Blackmail photos! You nailed it!

04-27-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
47. "Top 7 week, round 2 pimp report"
I'll be adding to this article later; the weather was too nice to do anything AI--just wanted to get it going:

Top 7 week, round 2--no mentor; theme: disco. Three of the seven contestants chose Donna Summer songs. Two of those three were in the bottom 3 and there were 2 boots this week from the bottom 3. Just sayin'.

Results night performances from David Archuletta and a disco review from Freda Payne, Thelma Houston and "KC" as in KC and the Sunshine band, only no Sunshine band, just back up dancers.

Singing order:

1. Lil "I'm Every Woman" (Chaka Kahn) **first boot**
2. Kris "She Works Hard For The Money" (Donna Summer)
3. Danny "September" (Earth, Wind and Fire)
4. Allison "Hot Stuff" (Donna Summer) **b3**
5. Adam "If I Can't Have You" (Yvonne Elliman)
6. Matt "Stayin' Alive" (Bee Gees)
7. Anoop "Dim All The Lights" (Donna Summer) **second boot**

The Pimp Report

Lil--complete and total depimp. Not only did she have to open the show for the second time in the top 13 when 2 of the 7 have never done so, but she had to endure Simon telling her it was her last week to perform for America. And then when he gave comments to Kris he was sure to jab Lil again, calling her karaoke. You knew it wasn't going to be good when Randy started his commentary. His tone and delivery were all about burying Lil.

Kris -- Did anyone notice that Kris dressed like Simon, as in a white tshirt? I'm amused. Kris got pimped. More info on him and the rest of the performers later.

Danny--the depimping by Simon is well underway. Mixed from the others judges. More later.

Allison -- totally pimped. Agenda much, AI?

Adam -- pimped. Deservedly.

Matt -- pimped by placement (and unfairly imo) and sorta pimped by performance.

Anoop -- de pimped by judges yet pimped by placement. The judges negativity won over placement. Gee wonder who they wanted to go home.

Results night

Note the agenda from the opening...more later.

Some quick thoughts:

Kris got the first "you are safe" of the remaining 6. Highest votes? A pimp nonetheless.

Matt's not being in the bottom 3 has me wondering what the shelf life of a pimp is?

Next week: Rat pack theme.

04-27-09, 11:16 PM (EST)
48. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-09 AT 11:17 PM (EST)

We track pimpage for AI. According to a poster, Hazehel, at MJsbigblog, things are even more blatant on the X Factor in the UK:

http://mjsbigblog.com/?p=7205&cp=2#comments

"Hazehel Apr 26th, 2009 at 8:31 pm

I don’t know if this has been posted before, but I read this in a British newspaper supplement The Sunday Times Magazine about ex-contestants from X-Factor -

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6149245.ece

Just interesting for the little revelations about the manipulation that goes on in the show (and which you can expect should the show come your way in the US), what happens if you don’t do what Simon says after he signed you up, or how fast you can get dumped. Just a sample here -

Ben remembers his time in the X Factor house as “completely surreal. Sharon wanted me to stage a walkout one week to generate a huge tabloid story and get me votes. When I refused, she didn’t speak to me again. Simon always pre-warned me if he was going to spice up the show a bit by slagging me off, but I’ve never forgiven Ray for crying during the semi. I offered him 50 quid not to, but he’d made up his mind. You could almost hear the old ladies at home reaching for their phones.”

I’ve never really liked the show because of the blatant manipulation by the judges, their cynical voting off of good contestants, and the various shenanigans that the observant can see go on in the show. If you think American Idol is manipulative, just wait till you see X-Factor. I really hope you never get this show in the US, it is appalling if you are in the least fair-minded and actually care about the contestants."

04-27-09, 11:20 PM (EST)
49. "Google searches"
Adam leads in Google searches...but we knew that, right?

This post/article looks at March data.

http://mjsbigblog.com/?p=7205&cp=2#comments

"sweetie99v Apr 26th, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Here is an interesting article:

American Idol: Adam Lambert beats Carrie Underwood in searches
April 26, 5:03 PM

American Idol hopeful Adam Lambert is attracting more attention than country music singer Carrie Underwood, according to Google.

About 6.1 million searched for Adam in March, while about 5 million searched for Carrie, according to Google Keyword Tool.

Adam’s die-hard support is centered in country music territory, studies indicate, with Google Trends listing Arkansas, Utah, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee as being the 10 states with the highest per-capita search volume for him.

Adam confused country mentor Randy Travis with his rendition of “Ring of Fire,” a performance denounced by AI judge Simon Cowell.

Adam advanced to Hollywood after pleasing judges with his version of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” during tryouts in San Francisco.

Conventional wisdom had Danny Gokey in the lead for the Idol crown this year, but attention shifted several weeks ago to Adam.

According to Google, Kris Allen is the only other contestant drawing a great deal of search volume, attracting 550,000 searches in March.

Danny, Allison Iraheta and Matt Giraud attracted searches, but the volume of the searches for the remaining three produced “insufficient data,” according to Google."

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-09, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Google searches"
Wow - talk about a big difference in numbers! 6.1 million for Adam versus 550,000 for Kris. No wonder there's talk of a 'feud' between the two (not that I believe it, gossip being what it is, but still...it's out there.)

04-28-09, 05:13 AM (EST)
50. "Top 5 Singing Order History"
I dunno if the producers are trying for this results but this week has a striking patter with the Bottom Two and Eliminations.

The only season to break the pattern was last season and Brooke had one of her lyric flubs this week so was eliminated from the third slot.

All but season 6 had a top 5

Sang first 3/6 Bottom Two
Sang second 5/6 Eliminated
Sang third 1/6 Eliminated
Sang forth 1/6 Bottom Two
Sang fifth 2/6 Bottom Two

(data is in the VFTW math geek thread)

It will be interesting to see who gets the spot o' death (second) or the usually safe positions 3rd and 4th

04-28-09, 08:59 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Top 5 Singing Order History"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-09 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

Interesting data, thanks for bringing it over, Snidget. So out of six seasons with a F5, the person who sang second on performance night was booted 5/6 times...wow.

Please let it be Matt! He got the near pimp last week and the pimp spotter was booted. Kris has never sung first, so this could be his week. So maybe Kris goes first and gets the "great way to open the show" pimpage?

--

ETA: rethinking the order. I can see producers putting their F3 picks as the last three to sing tonight. So what about:

Danny
Matt
Kris
Allison
Adam (or Allison--either could be the pimp spot and maybe Allison needs it more to stay safe?)

04-28-09, 10:16 AM (EST)
53. "RE: Top 5 Singing Order History"
VERY interesting. And I think Allison needs it more since she was bottom three last week. I'd like to see her sing last or next to last tonight.

05-05-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
54. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Pimpage on the front page!!!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-finalist-adam-lambert-impresses-rocker-slash-8910.php

05-05-09, 11:52 AM (EST)
55. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-09 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

Gokey and Lambert had TMZ spots this week as well.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/04/adam-lambert-the-question-we-wouldnt-ask/

http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/04/danny-gokey-terrified-of-his-idol-masters/

ETA: Kris Allen finally got his TMZ stalker today.
http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/05/kris-allen-mrs-his-fans/

05-05-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
57. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Thanks Doodlebug and Snidget! I heard that Simon was on "Ellen" saying Adam would win, that he, Simon would be back next year as would all the judges...don't know if there was any other pimpage than Adam. I'll check MJ's when I get a chance to see if she has the clip up.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Bonnie Hunt showed the clip of Adam descending the staircase and singing on her show today. Adam is Bonnie's fave. She also had Kara on and then talked about all the final 4 and how different each is and they make different types of music. They agreed that Adam could fill arenas and you want to see him when he sings, not just listen to him. Adam seemed to get the pimping on this show.

05-05-09, 07:25 PM (EST)
60. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Good catch! They've got Kara pimping him, too, hmmm.

05-05-09, 02:46 PM (EST)
56. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Singing order recap:

Here is the singing placement the F5 received--those who opened the show are bolded:

Allison: 7/13, 2/11(b2), 10/10(pimp), 4/9(b3), 6/8, 1/7, 4/7(b3), 2/5

Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10, 8/9 (near pimp), 8/8 (pimp), 3/7, 5/7, 5/5 (pimp) (b2)

Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10, 9/9 (pimp), 2/8, 6/7 (near pimp), 2/7, 1/5(b3)

Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp), 3/9, 1/8, 5/7, 3/7, 3/5

Matt: 12/13(near pimp), 11/11(pimp) 1/10(b2), 6/9, 7/8 (near pimp), 4/7 (boot/save*), 6/7 (near pimp), 4/5 (near pimp)(boot)
*booted but saved

Kris: has sung in the first half of the show 6 of 8 times.

Allison: has sung in the first half of the show 4 of 8 times.

Danny: has sung in the first half of the show 4 of 8 times.

Adam: has sung in the first half of the show two times. the earliest singing slot Adam had was 3rd of the top 7 (first time).

Matt: had sung in the first half of the show one time. Look at the preferential singing placement Matt had most of the F13. Six of the 8 times Matt performed he sang with next to last, last or was saved. 6 of 8!

05-05-09, 03:19 PM (EST)
58. "Top 5 week"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-09 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

Argghh! Behind in the pimp report. Watching the show with someone who talks throughout it makes it hard to remember pimpage notes.

Theme: Rat Pack songs. Mentor: Jamie Foxx

Results night: Taylor Hicks, Natalie Cole and Jamie Foxx all performed. Ryan actually conversed with Taylor and the judges gave him a standing "O". I should have checked to see if Hell froze over.

Top 5 singing order:

1. Kris **bottom 3** third "safe" "The Way You Look Tonight"
2. Allison second "safe" "Someone to Watch Over Me"
3. Matt **boot** "My Funny Valentine"
4. Danny --first "safe" "Come Rain Or Come Shine"
5. Adam **bottom 2** --pimp spot-- "Feeling Good"

Quick notes--will try to add more later:

Simon was out of step with the other judges and, later, we learn, America, most of the night. He worked the pimping, though.

Kris--got a "you look like a gentleman" from Paula.

Allison--I'll have to watch hers again.

Matt--lavish pimp from Simon including a referene to Nat King Cole.

Danny-- the begruding admission of liking it pimp (lol). Good for Danny for stepping up.

Adam--the Pimp Spot, the lighted stairs, dramatic lighting, and lavish pimping. Hmmm. America didn't agree this week.

Or did they? Was Adam really b2 or was Kris? EW.com said Ryan referred to Adam and Matt as the b2; I need to rewatch to catch that. I just remember his telling Kris he was "safe", leaving Adam and Matt standing there.

Simon has the cover of TV Guide with a huge overt pimp for Adam. It deserves its own write up because Simon's slants on things really bugged me.

This week: Rock songs; mentor: Slash

(Quick, which contestants will do best with rock?)

05-06-09, 08:48 AM (EST)
61. "Top 4"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-09 AT 10:18 AM (EST)

Jotting some thoughts before I forget them--more later:

Strange top 4 night--duets for the first time in addition to solos.

--True to the AI agenda, Adam and Allison duetted together and were coordinated from their hair (Allison went to Adam's guy and got extenstions) and apparell, to their moves on stage. It seemed like Adam reigned himself in for Allison.

We got the A/A hug at the end, as if Adam were showing us he would "Save the Rocker" (nod to EW's Idolatry) for the next week. I was expecting confetti to fall based on the way the show scripted the end of the duet through the judges' comments. But that's in a couple of weeks.

--Rock songs theme. Slash was the mentor. This week they were not allowed to change the arrangements of the songs. Talk about being hamstrung if you were not a rocker!

--Singing order was arranged so that Kris had to a) duet with Danny, who did not integrate with Kris as they sang (but did harmonize) and b) had to deliver his solo RIGHT AFTER he sang the duet and got a duet diss from Simon who barely deigned to comment on their singing, as if it weren't worthy of his making an effort to comment. As posters are saying over at MJsBB, AI sent the bus for Kris last night. Nothing new, we've seen AI throw people under the bus before.

--Producers showed Adam singage out the wazoo; Simon signage, too, to remind us that Simon is all knowing. I'll have to rewatch to see what other signage the cameras showed.

--Danny got a pimp from Ryan by Ryan reminding America that Danny had never been in the bottom 3 after Danny sang his solo. Danny also got off easy from the judges who last year were unkind to Michael Johns for singing Dream On (and did a much better job than Danny's yowling and doot-dooing through it)...Danny got an "A+" for "a valiant effort". Good grief! Is this AI or kindergarten, Randy, Kara, Paula (A++, geesh!). "How many of you are Danny fans?" Simon gave him the safe comment...was that a call out to Kris's fan base?

--Dress rehearsal was cancelled due to equipment mishaps and injury to the stage manager, Debbie.

--AI found a way for Adam to both open the show (finally) and close the show. The duet with Allison gave them an opportunity for a double pimp spot at the end. Brilliant.

Singing order:

1. Adam "Whole Lotta Love" (Led Zeplin)
2. Allison "Crybaby" (Janice Joplin) **boot**

3. Kris and Danny duet "Renegade" (Styx)

4. Kris "Come Together" (Beatles)
5. Danny "Dream On" (Aerosmith)

6. Adam and Allison "Slow Ride" (Foghat) (**Allison was the boot)**

Results night: no stated bottom 2, Ryan announced (in no particular order he reminded us) that Kris, Adam and Danny were F3 and Allison was the boot.

Before the results, though, Kris got hassled about being "humble" in his response to being in the F4. Simon gave him a negative face and said they were tired of the humble thing. Seemed like Simon was ticked off at Kris's popularity.

05-07-09, 01:00 PM (EST)
62. "Singing order through F4"
Singing order recap:

Here is the singing placement through the F4*:

Adam: 11/13, 5/11, 8/10, 8/9 (near pimp), 8/8 (pimp), 3/7, 5/7, 5/5 (pimp) (b2), 1 /4 (solo) and 2/2 (duet )(pimp) …second to be told he made the F3 **

Kris: 6/13, 3/11, 2/10, 9/9 (pimp), 2/8, 6/7 (near pimp), 2/7, 1/5(b3), 3 /4 (solo) and 1 /2 (duet)…first to be told he made the F3**

Danny: 3/13, 8/11, 9/10(near pimp), 3/9, 1/8, 5/7, 3/7, 3/5, 4/4 (solo -- but not a pimp spot) and 1 /2 (duet)…last to be told he made the F3**

----------------------
Allison: 7/13, 2/11(b2), 10/10(pimp), 4/9(b3), 6/8, 1/7, 4/7(b3), 2/5, 2 /4 (solo) and 2 /2 (duet) (pimp) (boot)

* recall the singing order format was unusual for F4 night--Adam solo, Allison solo, Danny/Kris duet, Kris solo, Danny solo, Adam/Allison duet

** Ryan said more than once on performance night that the F3 announcements were in no particular order. It would be a perverse AI to do them exactly in order so the judges know what’s up for next week…

Adam got back to back pimp spots! An AI first His third in the F13 and 4th overall. His top 13 pimps were at 8, 5, and 4.

In fact, in the last 6 weeks, Adam has sung either last or near last 4 of 6 times!

Adam finally opened the show, but does that count when he gets to close the show, too? Lol.

05-07-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
63. "Adam's EW cover"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID69/867.shtml#117

Positive pimpage.
1) Makes him look like the winner

Negative
1) Brings up that whole gay thing again.

Is it fair to just have him on the cover?

I really would not like to be the intern having to open the howlers that will be sent to EW over that insinuation on the cover.

There are a bunch of rabid Adam fangirls that do not tolerate any suggestion that he might prefer the fanboys.

05-07-09, 01:54 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Adam's EW cover"
The last time I recall someone getting the cover like this was Daughtry...he was really PR'd out the wazoo in '05 before the "shocking" boot. But he had been in the b2 before he was eliminated, so it wasn't as "in the bag" as the producers had the press thinking or the myth that's perpetuated to this day.

05-12-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
65. "Talk show pimpage"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-09 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

And now we have....and have been having...talk show pimpage!

Ryan appears on "Ellen" and says that looking over the past two weeks, Adam would be the winner. Really Ryan? Adam was bottom 2 two weeks ago! Danny has never even been bottom 3.

Simon appears on Oprah and declares Adam the winner.

Randy was on the Today Show and said Adam's a superstar waiting to happen while Allison didn't have the star potential the others had, he sais Kris is understated like Mraz, and Danny can sing anything. Randy needs to have his ears cleaned because Danny did not sing Dream On well last week.

AI is leaving no stone unturned in the pimpage arsenal. Tonight I expect to see Adam's performance for the military in front of a huge American flag to have prominent coverage--American as apple pie to sing the Star Spangled Banner.

Tonight Simon will tell Adam that he's won the night...and will likely tell Kris that it wasn't as good as other performances he has done in the past few weeks. Danny will get some fainter praise than usual. They will let Adam's applause go on the longest. They'll show more Adam signs in the audience. This is it! The last step in the pre-planned Adam- Danny F2.

Can Kris fans upset the agenda?

ETA: the drumbeat gets even stronger: Simon went on Fox and Friends and said he wants a Danny-Adam finale because "Kris is not a good enough singer to compete with Adam".

Simon....Kris was never bottom 2. Adam was. But you know that. Sigh. Or is this some belated thing to stir up the Kris fan base?

05-12-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Talk show pimpage"
I predict that Kris will start the show and Danny will end it.

05-12-09, 07:24 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Talk show pimpage"
Totally got this wrong!!! LOL

05-12-09, 08:06 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Talk show pimpage"
AI never gave Danny the pimp spot in the top 13. I think that's an AI first to have someone in the F3 who never got the pimp spot.

05-12-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
66. "What not to sing puts data to the pimpage"
Whatnottosing has put data to the back story promotional pimpage that goes on each season. They group the contestants into three groups: heavily promoted with back story; audition shown; or the no pimp/no audition group. They show that definitively the AI 19 agenda works--and works well with the heavily featured back story group having quite the leg up on the other two groups. (Well, duh, we knew that!). But thanks to WNTS, there is now data backing it up:

http://www.whatnottosing.com/library/editorials.asp?id=51

05-12-09, 03:32 PM (EST)
67. "RE: What not to sing puts data to the pimpage"
Here's an excerpt from their article. The article is worth reading, though. It even has graphs and charts.

"The benefits of a pimp piece are so strong, they give a contestant a head start that essentially lasts forever. Almost two-fifths of pimped contestants survive to the multiple-song weeks.

Hmm? Well, now that you mention it, yes – I imagine that percentage was far higher before this year, when 19E dished out a record 15 promotional segments to ensure they got the Finals they wanted. And it would have been higher still had not Allen and Iraheta both gone on their surprising dark-horse runs and knocked out so many of the producers' favorites. At least fifty percent, you say? Please calm down, you're starting to hyperventilate again. You almost sound like Kara.

Wait, what horrible thing did you just realize? Ah. Year in and year out, one of the most widely-requested changes to American Idol is for the producers to show the backstory of every semifinalist. The Idolsphere practically gets on their hands and knees and begs for this, and it seems like such a normal, fair, and easy thing to do. Yet for some strange reason the producers never act upon it.

And now you understand why. It's because pimp pieces are the most devastating long-range weapons in the producers' arsenal of manipulation. They give 19E up to a 50-50 shot of getting a preferred candidate deep into the competition. They'll never relinquish control of that raw power. It's why Bikini Girl, a mediocre piece of fluff who had no prayer of making the Top 36, got over 20 minutes of prime airtime this winter, enough for at least ten promotional segments. And, as long as millions of gullible Idol viewers willingly take the bait hook, line, and sinker every year, nothing will ever change! "

05-12-09, 06:28 PM (EST)
69. "Top 3 singing order history"
Seasons 1-5 First singer went home
Season 6-7 one second singer and one pimp spot singer went home.

05-13-09, 11:35 AM (EST)
72. "RE: Top 3 singing order history"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-09 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

Singing order recap:

Here is the singing placement through the F3:

Adam:

13. 11/13
11. 5/11
10. 8/10
9. 8/9 near pimp
8. 8/8 pimp
7. 3/7
7. 5/7
5. 5/5 pimp (b2)
4. 1/4 solos & 2/2 pimp duets
3. 3/3 pimp

In the last 7 weeks, Adam has sung last or next to last 5 of 7 times! Complete and total pimpage. The only time he sang first he also got to close the show. Very crafty, AI producers. Yet, with all that pimping Adam fell into the b2 at top 5. Not that the judges really acknowledged that on the talk show circuit--he was the frontrunner according to their pimpage this last week.

Kris:

13. 6/13
11. 3/11
10. 2/10
9. 9/9 pimp
8. 2/8
7. 6/7 near pimp
7. 2/7
5. 1/5 (b3)
4. 3/4 solos and 1/2 duets
3. 2/3

Kris had the worst singing placement of the top 3 singers, mitigated a little by his pimp spot at the top 9. Kris sang in the 1, 2 or 3 slot five of eight times from the top 13 through the top 5. In fact, Kris sang in the top 2 slots 4 of 8 times from the top 13 through the top 8. It was only on the fifth time he was placed to sing one of the top 3 slots, when he opened the show at top 5, that he was in the b3.

Danny:

13. 3/13
11. 8/11
10. 9/10 near pimp
9. 3/9
8. 1/8
7. 5/7
7. 3/7
5. 3/5
4. 4/4 solos but not the pimp spot of the show & 1/2 duets
3. 1/3

Danny opened the show twice in the top 13 and never had the pimp spot. Danny was never even shown to be in the b3. While Danny does not have a strong fan base on these boards, this is still a great feat for an AI performer who did not get much help in the singing placement pimp area. Judges' pimping, back story help, etc., yes. Singing order, no. Danny also sang in the 1, 2, or 3 slot 5 of 8 times from the top 13 through the top 5.

I've thought about how Ryan showed the results last week. Danny, who had never been in the b3 was the one who was left with Allison to hear his fate. Ryan told us the results were in no particular order.

If Danny and Kris had been told first that they made it to the F3, that would have left Adam standing with Allison and would have made for a weak looking Adam after he had been in the b2 the week before. So Adam had to be told before Danny (or Kris, but see below) that he was in the top 3.

If Kris were the one left standing with Allison, it would have implied that Kris was the one at risk and could have fired up his fan base...and that's not what the producers wanted. They have scripted for a Danny-Adam F2 from the beginning. So that meant they had to leave Danny standing with Allison to find out which one was the last to be in the finale...because perception is important to manipulating the outcome.

So, I wonder if, perhaps, Adam was 3 out of 4 last week...and that's what lead to the judges being on the talk show talking up Adam as the winner. It seemed a bit desperate at this point --that, and throwing him the pimp spot, AGAIN.

05-14-09, 04:53 AM (EST)
73. "Top 3 TV Guide Story"
They did a "getting to know the contestants" type of thing where they talked about the Idol's life before they started the Journey.

Here is the take home message of the three.

Adam. Flamboyant performer guy, lives to be on stage.
Kris. Christian guy who goes on ministry trips around the world.
Danny. His dead wife planned the audition, almost didn't go.

05-14-09, 08:56 AM (EST)
74. "F2 singing order"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-09 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

Read at Mj's that Kris won the coin toss and so Adam will be singing first.

Don't know if they will be singing 3 songs but this is when they have the finalists sing the coronation song, reprise a song from the season if they want (David Cook did a new song), and one song chosen by Clive Davis. Will Clive still be chosing a song for them this year?

05-18-09, 04:01 PM (EST)
75. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
Totally missed this--2 months ago in mid March, Oprah sent her cameras for a backstage tour of AI and then interviews Ryan on her show:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ovej_ryan-does-a-tour_news

At around the 7:00 minute point, she asked him if he had to pick a winner, who would it be (this is mid March)

He said: if the finale were tomorrow I'd say-- Danny....Adam... maybe Allison... and Kris.

This was filmed the week Jorge and Jasmine were booted.

05-22-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
76. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-09 AT 03:33 PM (EST)

This begins a list of what is pimpage. I've identified 30 different ways so far that the show uses pimpage. This is a fluid list and can be added to as needed. Please post any additional ways you can think of that the show uses pimpage!

The irony this year is that the pimpage was so over the top for Adam, who imo did not need the extreme pimpage, that it appears to have backfired on the show's agenda of annointing Adam as the winner. In any case, here are several ways the show uses pimpage, 1-10:

1. The pimp spot. Singing last in the top 12 through the top 3 (or even the semifinals) is like getting a bye for the week. Go directly to the next week's competition. There have been less than a handful of exceptions to the pimp spot magic in 8 seasons. Anthony F in the top 4 in season 4,; Melinda D in the top 3 in season 6 are two that come to mind. Even so, those two were late in the game when fan bases were very strong. This season Anoop was booted after his F7, round 2 pimp spot; he was eliminated along with Lil Rounds. But the week before we had the unprecedented “save” enacted for Matt, so that changed up the usual flow of the eliminations, putting Matt’s fan base on alert to keep him around at least one more week. So Anoop got axed after Lil. Presumably, the eliminations would have been Matt at F7, Lil at F6, leaving Anoop to go at F5, so the pimp spot would have worked.

Why is the pimp spot so important? No one has ever gotten to the F4 without one, for starters. Some in the top 12 never get one, like Phil Stacey in season 6 who had a pimp spot in the semifinals but never had a pimp spot in the top 12 while Jordin Sparks got the pimp spot 3x from top 12 to top 4 that season, or this season‘s Danny Gokey who got a pimp spot in the semifinal rounds, but did not get one in the top 13, while Adam had pimp spots not only in the semifinals, and at top 8, top 5, top 4, and top 3. At least Danny advanced further than Phil, making it to F3.

2. Singing order. The majority of the bottom 3 in any week in the earlier weeks of the top 12 comes from those who sing in the first half of the competition. It's a way for the producers to favor someone, like Adam, who rarely sang in the first half of the show, and did not sing in the first half of the show until he sang 3rd on the stage at F7, round 1.

This year, top 11-top 7: 10 of the 15 bottom 3 contestants on results night had sung in the first half of the show (and from top 11 through the top 8 it was 9 of the 12 or 75% --and Adam had always sung in the last half of the show through the top 8. Adam didn’t open the show until the F4 when they producers added duets to the evening and gave Adam both the opening and the closing spot on the show. Very clever! Way to mitigate the impact of having to be the one to open the show!

3. Judges' comments. These can be pimping or de-pimping. Depends on the agenda more than the performance. Good performances can get panned, like Randy calling Kris's performance of "Falling Slowly" pitchy but read any media review of that week's show and no one agrees with Randy. Mediocre performances can get pimped. Jordin Sparks was given a lot of early pimpage with the "OMG! You are only 17!" type of comments. Danny Gokey this season got superlatives when “just alright” was more like it.

4. Audience perception building comments from the judges--a special subset of the judges' weekly critiques: "You're through to the end!" "You're the frontrunner!" "You are the one to beat" "The best performance of the night" "The best performance of the season!" or even the lessor "Your best performance so far!" Agenda much, AI? What about the comment Simon made to Matt this week as he was granting him the "save"? "How many times have you been in the bottom 3? ...You'll never win". So Matt got saved, but the audience was told not to invest much more in Matt.

5. Judges' predictions and comments to the media. Each year the judges are on talk shows early into the top 12 stage of the competition. They anoint some contestants as the likely winners. There's no hiding this agenda! They return again before the F3 to pimp their agenda. This year that backfired a bit when Kris Allen and Adam were anointed the F2 instead of the Danny G-Adam L F2 that Simon and others were asserting. And now we know that Kris won, this over the top pimping seems to have backfired on the judges and producers. But they tried mightily.

6. Song choice, part 1. We've heard from several contestants over the seasons how they had to go through a handful of songs before getting clearance to sing one on the show; some have had to change songs the day before the show due to clearance issues. This gives a contestant less time to rehearse and be prepared to sing well on performance night.

7. Behind the scenes vocal coaching. Carmen Rasmussen detailed in an article last year how some contestants get scant coaching while others get a lot of attention and help. In her season Clay got the ample time with the vocal coaches.

ETA link: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695271435,00.html

8. Styling. Some contestants seem to get a lot of help in their total style presentation and others seem to flounder. Jennifer Hudson in season 3 comes to mind; especially the silver dress. Poor style choices become a way for the judges, especially Simon, to tear down a contestant. This year at times he picked on Allison’s apparel instead of focusing on her vocals.

See the link in point #7 above; Carmen discusses style in that same article, Carly in season 7.

9. Song arrangement/background singers. Sometimes we should wonder how some arrangements are chosen. Classic AI is the arrangement that overpowers the singer, competing with them as they perform, nearly drowning them out. Or the background singers sing flat. Really flat. Which could throw off a singer who has a "follower" type of voice. MJ of Mjsbigblog calls the band “bandzilla” when they overshadow the singer. This year Adam had a background singer singing off key and really loudly during his performance of “Cryin’”. A lesser performer may have crumbled.

10. Performance presentation. Having a semi-circle of string players surrounding the performer (David Cook); or the artfully arranged box drums and drummer (Kat McPhee); or the solo guitarist accompanying the performer who is starting the song from a seated position on the steps. Who is coaching them through this? Who is deciding the semi-circle of strings players? Adam L said in an interview that he had made suggestions to the production staff for his presentation (chair for Mad World, the steps in another song) but who decides that Adam gets to use the staircase and someone else does not? There have been interviews and comments with former contestants mentioning that they asked for production things (that someone else who was favored received) and were turned down.

05-22-09, 11:56 AM (EST)
77. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-09 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

Pimpage, 11-20:

11. Lighting/smoke/screen videos/graphics. Look at Adam's performance of Born To Be Wild. Look at all the production help that performance got from lighting to pyro to the graphics running across the back. Compare to many, many other performances by other contestants. For example, think about Michael Sarver's "Till The Sun Comes Up" or whatever the song's title is. Did he get any production help on that one?

12. Camera treatment/shots/angles. Lil Rounds' mint green sparkly long dress looked great from the front earlier this season. For some reason, the camera man/production staff spent a lot of time showing us the dress from the back where the view was not flattering. Why are we seeing the back of a singer when we should be seeing the front as they sing and emote?

Sanjaya's crying girl in the audience. Surely ALL the top 12 have fans in the audience that are ga-ga over them. The one we saw, though, was the buzz worthy, pimpage worthy crying girl.

13. Fan signage. Another production trick that helps build perceptions. Whose signs get shown and whose don't?

14. Swaying fans down front who are instructed to be reaching up to the performer, clap for them, sway for them, etc. This started last year with DA. For some reason when DA performed these girls were allowed to become part of his performance.

15. Parents/relatives/friends in the audience. Who can forget Kat McPhee's parents or Elliot's mom? The amount of time bestowed on them added to the fan interest in these contestants. This seems to be more evenly handled this year, with graphics telling us “Danny’s sisters, or “Kris’s family” or “Adam’s friends”.

16. Celebrity gushes in the media. Akin to the friends and family ... but certain celebs are in the audience and/or giving comments on talk shows like Regis, Ellen, Leno. They never seem to be rooting for anyone other than the frontrunners the judges told us about. How are these endorsements garnered? Are they all spontaneous?

17. Ryan’s interactions with the contestants: this could be three points but I’ve grouped them into one section with 3 parts a) pre performance/Coke stool interview, b) after the judges give comments, like Ryan mentioning that Anoop‘s eyebrows looked like Groucho Marx, or cartooning in a positive way with Taylor a few times (doing the lean, laying on the floor with Taylor, etc.), and c) on results night. For example, Ryan pointing out that Anoop made repeated trips to the B3 stools. Ryan is an important cog in the build 'em up or tear 'em down machine.

Here's an example--season 6, top 6 week, what I wrote that week when Jordin got the pimp spot, again, in a pre-performance comment by Ryan:

"After Phil sings, Ryan tells us "When we come back, Jordin has a show stopper". Pimpage right off the script, huh, Ryan?"

Ryan has his own way of making audience perception building comments.

18. Backstory --this pimpage starts early, when the auditions are shown and continues through the top 13. My favorite example is the complete video package of Kristy Lee Cook on horseback riding the fields at her home versus Katie Malloy wanting to keep her food groups separate on her plate. How is this imagery even fair?

19. Results night spotlight--the way the show recaps the performance night can reinforce the perceptions they want you to have about a performer. For example, Danny may have gotten two positive comments and two negative comments from judges on performance night but on results night the recap shows only the positive comments while the reverse was shown for Anoop.

20. Pre top 12 spotlights/airtime: Auditions, Hollywood Rounds, Semifinals, looking at them as a whole entity of pimpage combined--before the S8 seminfinals Kris Allen had less than one minute of total airtime. Contrast that to Danny G’s deceased wife’s story or Simon telling Adam in the top 36 that he could record records “right now”.

05-22-09, 12:11 PM (EST)
78. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-09 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Pimpage, 21-30:

21. Singoffs at top 36--I contend that no one who has to do a sing off and has it shown on the show makes it to the F4. For example, Michael Sarver had to do a sing off to make the top 36. Out at 10. It’s a way of making the audience pull for someone yet question whether they are good enough. Just another drama created moment for the show.

22. Casting. We know it happens. How did Carly wind up on the show last year? Why were there so many “church singers” on the show this year? IMO they were to be the contrast to Adam. What is a delight is that we saw that the average guy can win (Kris), and not just the Junior Star Search preselected candidate (Jordin).

23. Themes --let’s face it, some themes benefit certain contestants more than others. Hard Rock night with Slash when it’s down to 4? Michael Johns mentioned in an interview that in his season they were not allowed to show who they were in the early rounds unlike other seasons--they were given theme weeks from the start with a small list of songs. He felt he was not able to show enough of who he was.

24. Song choice, part 2: F3 and F2 song choice includes the show’s selecting songs for the contestants. F3 is the judges’ selections and F2 is the producers’ selections (was the Clive Davis selection for the earlier seasons, now it’s Simon Fuller). Paula choosing a lesser known 80’s song for Danny “Dance Little Sister” versus Simon’s choosing U2’s “One” for Adam, a more contemporary song can impact the audience’s perception of the singers.

25. Song choice, part 3: the coronation song. Sometimes there have been 2 songs, one for each contestant. Sometimes the contestants have to sing the same song and they can change it to suit their styles and sometimes they can not. Season 6’s coronation song was clearly slanted for Jordin’s abilities and Blake was not allowed to change it up at all, which had been his forte on the show, changing up songs to be slightly hip hop or adding a beat box element. Having the contestants sing the same song that is slanted towards only one of the contestant’s strengths is just one of the frustrating things the show does to manipulate perceptions or the outcome.

26. Judges’ antics. This has gone on for seasons, but this season it has been particularly noticeable that the judges spend scant time giving comments to one or more of the performers and then proceed to kill time squabbling among themselves or behaving childishly while that performer is still on stage with Ryan. This behavior usually involves Simon, and I think it is meant to distract the audience from performers that are not part of their F4 and F2 agendas. It happened quite a bit to Kris and yet not to Adam. Next season I'll take more note of who gets the respect from the judges and who gets the antics.

27. The extraordinary pimp moment. This is the unusual pimp that has happened once in awhile For example, when Chris Daughtry was booted at F4 in season 5, much to the producers’ dismay because they really wanted him to win despite his hitting the bottom 2 three weeks before, that left Taylor, Kat and Elliot standing as the F3. Quickly shifting to a new agenda, the producers had Taylor do an encore performance of “Jailhouse Rock” for the audience on results night. How unfair was that to Kat and Elliot?

28. PR campaigns/ the media. Articles are written all season long about AI but some of the mainstream media seems to have some built in pimpage that imo has to be directed by the show. I really noticed this with the media in season 5 as they touted Chris D before his boot; and this year it has been apparent with Adam. One magazine that seems to deliver this pimpage is TV Guide, with large pictures of Danny, Adam, Lil and Allison and an article discussing them as front runners and and showing smaller pictures of the rest of the group.

Subsequent articles mention only some of the idols, and Adam has had more mentions than the rest in TVG. EW featured Adam on its cover before the F3 were chosen. Note that the AI ers get interviewed by EW and do an “Idolatry” video segment after getting booted. Cozy arrangement with the show.

29. Twitter. Unclear for now, but Twitter was starting to be an element this year, with backup singers, Ryan, guest artists, etc. twittering leaks about the show. Seems like a pimpage tool for the future. Ryan has over 1M followers as of mid May 09. Wonder what it will be by next season.

30. Fan boards. AI has its own message boards and they are monitored with some of the messages getting deleted seemingly willy nilly. Season 6 I tracked message board numbers to see if they would portend anything and noticed that large numbers of messages were being deleted from Blake’s board, which had many times the messages that Jordin’s board had. I don’t post there so I don’t know what else goes on on those sites but have read complaints from AI board poster refugees who start posting on other boards.

**There are other pimpage moves, too. Carmen Rasmussen wrote an article that talked about the head games the vocal coaches and judges played by suggesting she was off key and how it worked to undermine her confidence: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695265205,00.html

Similarly last year Simon did a repeated head game on Carly Smithson about her apparrel.

**Playing in the mosh pit is another move I'm studying. I don't think it flattered the performer much; it appeared to overwhelm them.

More as I remember them!

05-22-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
80. "RE: "Who is getting Pimpage? AI 8 Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-09 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Just thought of an overlooked one--mentor pimpage!

It wasn't as apparent this season because there were fewer mentors, but the show has been able to use the mentor-contestant footage as a way to bolster someone's stock or to create questions and doubt.

Example: Barry Gibb pimping for Jordin in season 6.

Last season recall Andrew Lloyd Webber and Jason Castro? IIRC, that was not a positive vid package for Jason.

------

Also forgot the emphatic pimping Simon did of LaKisha in season 6, top 6 week by kissing her after he gave her comments, and then gave her even more comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPnjLbPH5c

This is probably a subset of judges' comments but it is extraordinary.

05-22-09, 05:08 PM (EST)
81. "F3 singing order"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-09 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

Really behind on the past two weeks.

Here's the F3 singing order; need to add more to the pimpage/depimpage portion:

Judge's Choice

1. Paula: Danny "Dance Little Sister (Terrence Trent D'Arby)
2. Randy/Kara: Kris "Apologize" (One Republic)
3. Simon: Adam "One" (U2)

Performer's Choice

4. Danny "You Are So Beautiful" (Joe Cocker)
5. Kris "Heartless" (Kanye West)
5. Adam "Cryin"" (Aerosmith)

Judges' Choice/comments

Danny--mixed reviews, discussion of his dancing and how the song won't be remembered the next day; Simon saying it's a singing show, not a dancing show

Kris-- judges bicker after giving Kris his comments. Kara, after choosing the song for him along with Randy tells him it's a "competent" performance but criticizes him for not changing it up more. I think that's being damned with faint praise, isn't it? Randy was complimentary. Paula suggested there was a bum note (there wasn't). Simon argued that Kara couldn't criticize him for not changing it more when she didn't take the opportunity to meet with him to give him suggestions, as they were allowed to do (and only Simon did, meeting with Adam to make suggestions on "One").

Adam--Simon announces Adam's song with the pimpage of implied endorsement by Bono, something like :"I had to get permission from the band and Bono called me himself and said they would be honored for Adam to sing "One"." Pimped after singing "One".

Performers' Choice/Comments

Danny--did a gospel thing with YASB after the beginning

Kris--changed Kanye West's rap song "Heartless" into an updated soulful song with acoustic guitar. Not only is Heartless current on the song charts, Kayne West had performed it on the show only several weeks before. This song was the standout song from the night in terms of showing artistry.

Simon gave Kris begruding praise by saying he had written him out of the show but now he was back in.

Adam--Cryin'--this was Adam showing us what he would like to do as an artist. He is more Aerosmith/Steven Tyler than he is U2/Bono. Adam had the unfortunate back up singing who sang too loudly and off key, it made Adam have to yank out his earpiece but he kept on performing well. Good job overcoming the background singer, Adam.

Results night

Hometown visits shown

Danny, some Coldplay background music, footage of Danny seeing Jamar again, but none of Danny's family was featured and we are never shown Danny singing even though he performed for a large crowd and at a ball game.

Kris, very nice moment shown with his family waiting for him and hugging his dad, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" music plays in the background as we see Kris's town embrace him, even giving him a parade with confetti. We see Kris singing a couple of times for different crowds.

Adam, goes home to San Diego where he grew up and visits his performing arts school, talking with youngsters about being a success, then at his high school with cheerleaders and mascots with "Baba O'Reilly" (teenage wasteland) playing in the background and ends at a military center performing the Star Spangled Banner for them in front of a huge American flag.

Ryan asks Kris about his humbleness and Simon hassles Kris about it.

05-22-09, 05:27 PM (EST)
82. "F2 singing order"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-09 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

F2 singing order (more to be added later when I can look at the tape of the show):

Kris won the coin toss and elected to sing last.

Contestants' choice--repeat performance:

1. Adam: "Mad World" (Tears For Fears)
2. Kris: "Ain't No Sunshine" (Bill Withers)

Adam on the larger, wider staircase in a long coat, ala Phantom or Twilight. Lots of dry ice generated smoke. Simon spends time picking on the coat.

Kris reprises "Ain't No Sunshine" and provides some goosebump moments for some viewers.

Producer Simon Fuller's choice:

1. Adam: "A Change Is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke)
2. Kris: "What's Going On" (Marvin Gaye)

Adam sings it passionately at the microphone. Adam changes the lyrics at the end to say "MY change is gonna come". Adam is lavished with praise.

Kris on guitar, surrounded by musicians. The song doesn't have much range and Kris is told that the song wasn't a good choice for such a big audience.

Then each song the Coronation Song: "No Boundries" (Kara and others wrote this)

Kara is thrilled to have someone with Adam's talents sing her song.

Kris was told he started a half key too high (how does that happen? Was that forced on him? Results night he sang it in a lower key).

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-09, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
83. "RE: F2 singing order"
zazzy - thanks for all your feedback on the pimpage and all the work that goes into compiling it. I always look forward to seeing what you have to say.

05-23-09, 01:56 PM (EST)
84. "RE: F2 singing order"
Thanks, CTGirl.

I was getting burned out on it by the end of the season and still have some shows in my DVR so I can get the pimpage comments/tone, etc. So instead I worked on the pimpage list.

When I looked at previous pimpage threads I had forgotten some of the manuevers they do, like Simon kissing LaKisha at F6, season 6. Or even how much he picked on Carly for her apparel last season.

They can't help but try to steer voters in a certain direction!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •