The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-17-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Number of cats I had last Sunday? 3. (1 black 6 year old and 2 white 8 month old DSHs.)

Number of cats I have as of 60 minutes ago? 5. (Add one sruffy looking black and white DLH of unknown age and one very very puffy and dirty black and white kitten.)

The math: Last Sunday morning big softie (me) hears meowing. Takes a quick head count, all cats accounted for. Follows sound to laundry room ceiling, pushes up acoustic ceiling tile. Finds one scruffy looking black and white cat. Removes cat, places outside.

How did this cat get in the ceiling? Most likely got into a wall from a little hole under the house and climbed up. My house is built on a bed of rock on the side of a hill. (Note: time to reinsulate.)

Scruffy cat doesn't leave. Continues to hang around house. Big softie (me) feeds cat and pets cat who is very affectionate and well-tempered. On Tuesday, asks friend to borrow cat carrier. Asks husband to go pick up cat carrier, put cat inside and take nice cat to local no-kill shelter before there is a cold snap. Instead husband puts cat in car, takes cat to friend's house about 2 miles away to put cat in carrier. Opens door of vehicle.

Exit cat.

Looks for about 30 minutes. Unable to find cat, drives home and says to big softie (me), "Oh well. Someone will take cat in. If it comes back I will take it to the groomers and we'll keep it."

Thursday, at 6:30 in the morning, big softie hears meowing. Follows sound outside. Guess who is waiting to be fed?

Husband gives cat bath. New member of the clan Skye named Karma (because she came back ... cute huh?).

Fast forward to today. Big softie hears meowing. Takes heard count. 1, 2, 3, 4. Follows meowing to laundry room, pushes up tile, finds one very puffy and dirty black and white kitten. Obviously belonging to new clan Skye member.

Meet Zen. Very cute and puffy, weaned. Needs new home. 4 cats is my limit.

Public service announcement: It is obvious that Karma was abandoned with Zen. Karma is far too affectionate to not have been a house cat and she is perfectly litter-trained. And Zen is weaned because he is in the kitchen crunching away in the food bowl right now.

Both of them (especially Zen) are lucky to be alive. Please don't just dump your animals. And if you can't afford to spay or neuter your pets then you shouldn't have them.

I'm really hoping there are no more kittens hiding in my ceiling. But I'm keeping my ears open.

Baby, get your Yule on!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... Snidget 12-17-06 1
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... pinksparkleguitar 12-17-06 2
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... Sagebrush Dan 12-17-06 3
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... Estee 12-17-06 4
   RE: How many cats can you find in a... Snidget 12-17-06 5
 And 5 becomes 6. skye 12-17-06 6
   RE: And 5 becomes 6. Canada Girl 12-17-06 7
       RE: And 5 becomes 6. pinksparkleguitar 12-18-06 10
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... mysticwolf 12-17-06 8
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... frisky 12-17-06 9
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... Seana 12-18-06 11
 Quick update skye 12-18-06 12
   RE: Quick update frisky 12-18-06 13
       RE: Quick update mysticwolf 12-18-06 14
           RE: Quick update skye 12-18-06 15
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... qwertypie 12-18-06 16
   RE: How many cats can you find in a... Snidget 12-18-06 17
       RE: How many cats can you find in a... Ahtumbreez 12-19-06 24
 The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pic... skye 12-18-06 18
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... arkiegrl 12-18-06 20
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... Snidget 12-18-06 21
   Bloody cute overload Bobdechemist 12-18-06 22
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... qwertypie 12-19-06 26
   Dhana!!!! Breezy 12-19-06 27
       Bwahahahaha! Coconut 12-19-06 31
           RE: Bwahahahaha! Breezy 12-19-06 32
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... brvnkrz 12-19-06 28
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... mysticwolf 12-19-06 29
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... Lisapooh 12-19-06 34
   RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with... pinksparkleguitar 12-20-06 36
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... Dizwiz 12-18-06 19
   RE: How many cats can you find in a... frisky 12-19-06 23
       RE: How many cats can you find in a... Dizwiz 12-19-06 35
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... Breezy 12-19-06 25
   RE: How many cats can you find in a... dragonflies 12-19-06 30
       RE: How many cats can you find in a... Breezy 12-19-06 33
 RE: How many cats can you find in a... skye 12-21-06 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
You do know that when you fed Karma he put that special little kitty symbol next to the hole telling all the other cats that all they need to do is crawl through there and big softie will care for you.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-17-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Awwww! I love that you named them Karma and Zen. How perfect! I would have kept them a round too. Although it would be a little disquieting to think of what else could crawl into your ceiling . . .

A Shar Christmas original

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Isn't it wonderful that when a kitty adopts you, there is absolutely no way you're gonna get out of it? You have absolutely no choice — nothing gets in the way of the will of a cat. Have been adopted by nearly every cat I've owned since age 7. Love those li'l tykes.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
I understand this completely. My air conditioner spontaneously generates birds.

I left it installed through November just because they saw absolutely no need to head south on schedule.

12-17-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
My aunt's Christmas lights got infested with hummingbirds (the big ones are large enough that if they get a hole in the side they are a perfect size for them to build a cozy nest).

They had a bad winter and by the time they finally could get out to get them down there were hummingbirds nesting in one of the bulbs that had gotten a hole in the side of it.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

12-17-06, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "And 5 becomes 6."
There is still one kitten left in the crawlspace under the house. Mr. Skye is going to go get changed and hopefully rescue it.

I'll update you on the resue mission.

Baby, get your Yule on!

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-17-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: And 5 becomes 6."
This is the best cat story ever! I need an update pronto, I read it to DH and we're both waiting for news!

DH suggests that first rescued cat is sitting by window, giving outdoor cats instuctions on how to get in and all the perks of the Skye household.

12-18-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: And 5 becomes 6."
Awww...this is turning into a very good story! What will you name this one?

Tribe decked my siggie's halls!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-06, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
You *do* know that cas bring luck. Right?

Welcome to my world. You know, you're not really a big softie unless you keep them all. We? Are big softies. This is essentially how we've become a household of 9 cats again.

And, every now and again, when I'm holding - or watching - one of the cats that I originally thought would be the one I gave to a new home, I remember, and I realize that I don't know what I'd do without him/her.

*smooches* from one softie family to another.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-06, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Is your DH single?

Oh wait. No. Probably not.

My DH would have had none of it. None of it, I tell you.

Yours? Is bathing them? And walking the streets looking for them? And grooming them?

Rolly made this.
*stops typing to follow Karma's signal to Skye's house*

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Aww. That's so sweet. Good for you. Hope you can find them all a good home. If not, you'll have all the little furry sleep aids you need. Sleeping cat on me = me nodding off.

One of our cats was a stray who was preggie. I have always been angry with whoever turfed her out. She so obviously had no. idea. whatsoever. how to find food for herself.

Winter by tribe

12-18-06, 00:23 AM (EST)
12. "Quick update"
So the kitten has squeezed itself into a space between the floor boards under the house and we haven't been able to flush him out yet.

It's now too dark so the rescue mission will have to continue tomorrow.

Baby, get your Yule on!

12-18-06, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Quick update"
Two words: Cat.Nip.

Rub some between your fingers to get the scent really going. Do this at the opening where he will have to crawl out. The stuff can be sniffed from great distances. Trust me on this.

If you sprinkle it, he will come.

Rolly made this.

12-18-06, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Quick update"
Frisky! You're suggesting pushing addictive drugs on a kitten?!? I'm surprised at you.

Actually, I'd suggest tuna. Cats only develop a fondness for catnip after a certain age, and some cats actually don't react to it at all. Tuna is a nice aromatic that appeals to young and old alike.

Good luck, Skye. I really hope you can retrieve it.

12-18-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Quick update"
DH was unsuccessful this morning so I'll crawl under there after work tonight with a can of tuna and see if I have any luck.

More updates tonight.

Baby, get your Yule on!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
What a fascinating story. Please keep us updated

I love cats and they seem to really like me, but alas, my immune system goes bonker-nuts over the dander.

12-18-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Allergy shots have made me much less allergic to cats. Not enough I trust to get a cat or dog in the house (a not very often washed dog spent the night and set me off for a few days)

A friend of mine with cats and allergys wipes hers down with a damp cloth every day and that helps. She started that after I saw a study where they tried to develop a drug that blocks the production of the protien in the saliva that sets us off. The control group that had 1 liter of water poured over them once a week had the same reduction of this protein, so washing the cat even with just water may be enough to keep them relatively allergen free (but you gotta keep up with it all the time.

Some say if you start when they are kittens they are resigned to the weekly bath, my friend did the wipe down since her cats were already adults and starting a new routine like weekly baths tends to remove all the flesh from your arms in a big hurry. I would think frequent baths even just water baths or wiping down the dog if it had short hair would help a lot with them as well.

However sometimes people are just too reactive for it to be worth it. We upped my allergy shot doses to try to get me over them rather than just the symptom controll that I have been getting.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
I saw on a morning show not long ago that they are breeding hypo-allergy cats. For a mere 5,000 dollars you can own a cat that won't make you sneeze. How's that for genetic engineering.

gift wrapping by THE tribe

12-18-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
18. "The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
The extraction was a success and the final refugee is safe and sound. Prepare to fall in love.

Dhana (who was hiding in a cinder block behind our breaker panel)

Karma and Dhana

Zen

The kittens will be with us until the new year so we can feed them, clean them and get them used to being handled. All's well that ends well.

Baby, get your Yule on!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
I'm not a really a cat person, but if I was, I think I would totally fall in love with Dhana. So cute!

winterized by tribe

21. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
You named them and posted their pictures.

Are you sure they are getting new homes after New Years

They are awfully cute and seem already quite skilled at wrapping humans around their dewclaw.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Stop posting pictures of them or you'll be getting me to take them and my allergist would have a fit.

Bobdechemist 3932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

Click to EMail Bobdechemist Click to send private message to Bobdechemist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Bloody cute overload"
Stupid cats

awwwwwww

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
Oh my heck!
They are really cute!

Are you sure you got all of them?

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Dhana!!!!"
I want her! She looks alot like Muggzy. *sniff* Poor Muggzy. She was a little braindamaged and never grew.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Bwahahahaha!"
New reason to support pets and owners looking (and being) alike.

*ducks and runs*

Skye, those cats are so pretty. I'm glad you're taking care of them.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

12-19-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Bwahahahaha!"
*whack* Brat!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
OMH how adorable is that. I'm in love.

Lookie what Tribe made me.

12-19-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
Congratulations! They are darlings. So, you're sure they'll only be there for a few weeks, huh?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
those are about the cutest kitties EVER! They really are beautiful and are so lucky to have adopted you. (notice how I think this is not a temporary situation!)

12-20-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
36. "RE: The Awwwwwwwwwwwww factor (with pics)"
Too cute! I love Zen, but they're all adorable!

A Shar Christmas original

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-18-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Oh. My. God.
That little calico is to die for. I SO want another cat.

12-19-06, 01:36 AM (EST)
23. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
*packs food dish*

Rolly made this.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-19-06, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Are you declawed? DH will only let me get another one if it's declawed. I won't do it to a cat, so I'm hoping one shows up at a shelter or something.

12-19-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
25. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
*sigh* DD wants a kitten.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
*double sigh* so does my DD. She even wrote it on her Christmas List. "Things I REALLY REALLY WANT BAD - kitten (real)"

we already have 2, and DH is allergic, but manages fine anyway.

12-19-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
33. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
We don't have one, and she cleaned her room spic and span Sunday to prove how serious she is about getting one.

12-21-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
37. "RE: How many cats can you find in a ceiling?"
Both kittens are now spoken for and will be going to their new homes shortly.

Told ya I wasn't keeping them.

And it makes a great holiday story.

Baby, get your Yule on!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •