The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2 hour premiere?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-17-04, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2 hour premiere?"
What happened to the 2 hours they were advertizing on TV all week. The show was only on from 8-9 but all the ads said 8-10.

mind the gap

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 2 hour premiere? Drive My Car 09-17-04 1
   RE: 2 hour premiere? seahorse 09-18-04 15
 RE: 2 hour premiere? SurvivorBlows 09-17-04 2
   RE: 2 hour premiere? ivoryElephant 09-17-04 3
       RE: 2 hour premiere? dabo 09-17-04 4
           RE: 2 hour premiere? Draco Malfoy 09-17-04 5
               RE: 2 hour premiere? LeftPinky 09-18-04 16
 RE: 2 hour premiere? mikey 09-17-04 6
   RE: 2 hour premiere? Laurie 09-17-04 7
   RE: 2 hour premiere? Draco Malfoy 09-17-04 8
 RE: 2 hour premiere? mike627 09-17-04 9
 There WAS a 2 hour "premeire" sleeeve 09-17-04 10
   RE: There WAS a 2 hour "premeire" sittem 09-17-04 11
       RE: There WAS a 2 hour "premeire" Drive My Car 09-17-04 12
           I think the big "twist"..... jmuzik 09-17-04 13
               RE: I think the big "twist"..... mike627 09-17-04 14
       RE: There WAS a 2 hour "premeire" anotherkim 09-19-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-04, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
Hi IE! Nice to see you!
I think one hour for a Survivor premire sucks!
I barely knew who was who, before they voted someone out. I have no idea why they voted that person out. There was no reason that I (the viewer) was shown.

I don't know what your guide said as far as episode time, but the first hour was badly edited in my opinion. Half the show was the interaction with the culture. We had no chance to get to know the people in the tribes, (cept that cute guy, I remember him) before someone was voted out.

I was so excited about this opening episode, and was left so dissapointed.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
I agree buggy, all that introduction to the rituals of the island could have been left out, so that they could have had more introduction to the contestants.

Otherwise they should have gone with a two hour episode.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
>What happened to the 2 hours
>they were advertizing on TV
>all week. The show was
>only on from 8-9 but
>all the ads said 8-10.

Are you sure you have the right show? The only time I saw any mention of a two-hour premiere was the day after the premiere date was announced... when there was a whole thread in Spoilers about how some of the media outlets were incorrectly reporting two-hours. From the initial release, CBS always said one-hour

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-17-04, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 01:27 AM (EST)

well, it might still be on one of my tapes that I used for the amazing race, or else I am really losing it and saw the amazing race commercial that said it was 2 hours and thought it was for survivor 9.

I don't have the tapes with me, I am not at my house.

Maybe I am just losing my mind.

ETA: I remember watching the early show and they were discussing how they didn't want to miss the apprentice on thurs. since survivor was 8-10 and the apprentice was on at 9.

they then said "don't worry, the apprentice re-airs on sat".

I definately remember that clearly

anyhow...I agree with buggy that the premiere didn't let us know who the mediawhores were.

mind the gap

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
It was a disappointing premiere. The game didn't really start until they were turned loose to find their camps in the dark, there just wasn't enough time left in the episode by then to really showcase 18 fresh new players.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
Yeah, it really needed the hour and a half Amazon and Pearl Islands got, especially with the ceremony (which was admittedly cool) taking up half the show.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-18-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
Yep, I needed more time to develop the show. The whole thing was rather disappointing - or perhaps I'm tired of Survivor.
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-17-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
In every other version, hasn't Jiffy at least introduced all the players to the audience giving their occupations and home towns? Tough to figure this out unless you spent a lot of time on the website beforehand.

Same for the apprentice last wee - no player intro like last season.

I think we are in for a lame season.

Laurie 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-17-04, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laurie Click to send private message to Laurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
Not only was it an hour short, the episode ended at 8:53!!! It didn't even last an hour.

What a gyp, after such high expectations.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-04 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Actually, the last time they did that was Thailand I think.

ETA: This is, however, the first time Jiffy hasn't at least said each of their names as they're divided into tribes.

mike627 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mike627 Click to send private message to mike627 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 2 hour premiere?"
what happened to the twist, all week it was advertised as a dont miss premere. dont miss the first 10 minutes, you wont believe the twist, thats all i heard. i was dissapointed, where was the big twist that was coming.

mike627

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-17-04, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "There WAS a 2 hour "premeire""
The first hour was from 7-8pm and was the traditional "kick off" show that has nothing to do with Survivor, but they try to get people to watch anyway. (Introduction of players, etc.)

The second hour was from 8-9 (the real first episode).

If you missed the first hour, I'm sure you didn't miss much. I haven't watched the kick off show since S3 or so.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-17-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: There WAS a 2 hour "premeire""
Interesting - in Chicago the show airs at 7 p.m. The hour before that was regular news and whatever is regularly on at 6:30. So, even if I'd wanted I don't know how I'd have caught the first hour.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: There WAS a 2 hour "premeire""
Same here, Sittem. I'm wondering if Sleeeve's local CBS station does the preshow.

jmuzik 9 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jmuzik Click to send private message to jmuzik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I think the big "twist"....."
I think the big "twist" was the fact that they had to be allowed onto the island - the whole tribal ceremony, etc.

mike627 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mike627 Click to send private message to mike627 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I think the big "twist"....."
real weak twist... the first show just didnt seem to me to offer anything different or remotly interesting.

mike627

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: There WAS a 2 hour "premeire""

ditto. Nothing on early here. I'd have liked ANYTHING that let me figure out who was who ahead of time.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I am terrible with their names until about week 3

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •