The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-23-02, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
With over 90 posts on the vidcap thread coupled with out of the ordinary slow load times today on the board I thought that we definitely need a new thread to discuss what is without a doubt the most important issue facing us this week, that being the IC and Tammy wearing the necklace again....

Here are the photos that I think are important for this discussion, feel free to add others that I might have missed or forgotten about..

Now, as has already been determined on the boards, the pic of Tammy wearing the necklace is definitely NOT from last week's episode. Also, we know that in the necklace pic they are not coming or going to Tribal Council due to the lack of baggage and torches.

Also, we know that we have never (to my recollection) seen a contestant wearing the necklace anytime EXCEPT to or from the Immunity challenge or to or from the Tribal Council.

So, the running theories on the board is that this pic must be from either going to or coming back from the Immunity Challenge this week.

The prevaling logic has been that it is on the way BACK from the IC due to Zzzzzz no longer wearing the shirt she is wearing in the stilt picture, the logic being that she would be more likely to strip down AFTER a challenge than before hand.

So, people have been starting to surmise that Tammy must win the IC again....

But, over the last couple of days some nagging thoughts about that picture have started to surface on the vidcap thread. Myself, True and SweetPea all found it odd that Tammy would wear a bikini to an Immunity Challenge, especially one involving a land activity such as stilt walking. Also backing this up is the fact that the Reward Challenge IS a water based challenge this week and Tammy is wearing SHORTS instead of a bikini. So, if she isn't going to wear a bikini in a water challenge it makes no sense for her to wear one in a stilt walk, or any land challenge for that matter.

Then, Sweetpea noticed something else about the photo....all the contestants are wearing sandles! When have we EVER seen a contestant show up to a challenge in any footwear OTHER than gym shoes? The answer is a big fat NEVER. Sure, we have seen them show up in sandles while carrying their gym shoes along with them, but obviously that is not the case in this photo.

Even in the first post merge IC where Kathy won immunity the contestants were all wearing their gym shoes, even when they were going into the water.

So, the question now is if this photo is not from any challenge then what does it mean?? I think we have to start entertaining the theory that despite what we have seen on previous intallements of the show, Tammy might very well be simply wearing the necklace around camp.

If that is the case then we have to take this issue one step further....what does it all mean in the grand scheme of things? Why would Burn-it try to mislead us into thinking Tammy wins Immunity again? Well, I think the answer is simple......look what we know about this week's ep...we know that Tammy has already been mentioned as the #1 boot candidate behind John, we know that Tammy and Zzzzz have a huge brawl, we know that Tammy's alliance is on the verge of being pagonged. But, then Burn-it tries to distract us from Occams Razor and the obvious with a simple picture of Tammy wearing the necklace.

There is only one logical place to go with this theory at this point......if you believe that the Tammy pic is misdirection and has nothing to do with who wins IC this week, then you must not only accept the fact that Tammy does NOT win IC this week, but also that Tammy gets booted as well. Why else would Burn-it try to deceive us like this? Why else would he go out of his way to try and protect Tammy like this, unless she truly NEEDS the misdirction.

Think about it....without the necklace picture we would probably have a unanimous boot prediction for Tammy this week and we all know how Burn-it hates for anything to be obvious, especially this late in the game.

Alright, I think you guys get the point and I'm starting to ramble a little bit....so, if I'm missing any elements to the theory I'll come back later and talk about them...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... diamond 04-23-02 1
   RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... PsychoDoc 04-24-02 31
 RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... ShowMeTheWinner 04-23-02 2
   "unpredictable" has a Hollow ring t... SurvivinDawg 04-23-02 7
   RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... GuessItRains 04-23-02 12
 Where are they walking from? bebekid 04-23-02 3
   RE: Where are they walking from? forehead 04-23-02 9
 Wearing the necklace around camp? bebekid 04-23-02 4
   RE: Wearing the necklace around cam... RDIheath 04-23-02 13
 Walking from the Waterfall wendyp 04-23-02 5
   RE: Walking from the Waterfall kdzgon 04-23-02 11
       RE: Walking from the Waterfall Spidey 04-23-02 20
 OFG question regarding the water an... forehead 04-23-02 6
   RE: OFG question regarding the wate... SurvivinDawg 04-23-02 8
       Agree forehead 04-23-02 14
 RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... toddE 04-23-02 10
 shoes, bags, and other stuff idiotcowboy 04-23-02 15
   RE: shoes, bags, and other stuff In The Woods 04-23-02 16
       RE: shoes, bags, and other stuff MatineeIdol 04-23-02 21
   RE: shoes, bags, and other stuff jayseae 04-23-02 28
 RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... true 04-23-02 17
 RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... MeToo 04-23-02 18
   RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... true 04-23-02 19
       RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... I_AM_HE 04-23-02 23
           RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... true 04-23-02 24
 Return from RC? FesterFan1 04-23-02 22
 RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... cowboyroo 04-23-02 25
   RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Ta... Spidey 04-23-02 27
 Where were they? idiotcowboy 04-23-02 26
 I think it's doctored... jayseae 04-23-02 29
   RE: I think it's codec artifacting IceCat 04-23-02 30
   RE: I think it's doctored... Spidey 04-24-02 41
       I don't. . . George Tirebiter 04-24-02 43
           RE: I don't. . . Spidey 04-24-02 44
               RE: I don't. . . jayseae 04-24-02 45
 Robert wims Immunity? Krautboy 04-24-02 32
   Timing? IceCat 04-24-02 33
   RE: Robert wims Immunity? heymikey 04-24-02 34
       RE: Robert wims Immunity? Krautboy 04-24-02 35
           RE: Robert wims Immunity? kdzgon 04-24-02 36
       RE: Robert wims Immunity? George Tirebiter 04-24-02 38
   RE: Robert wims Immunity? SurvivinDawg 04-24-02 37
       RE: Robert wims Immunity? kdzgon 04-24-02 39
           Buffs weltek 04-24-02 40
 The necklace, The sandals and the G... big idiot 04-24-02 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-23-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Shakes, thank you - you did an amazing job putting all that together. In your post in the vidcap thread, you suggested that this could possibly be the walk to get the treemail, but I don't remember seening anything else about that possibility. It seems like this could be a likely explanation to me. Do we know the route from the Rotu camp to their treemailbox? I know the box is in a wooded area, but does anyone know if they have to walk along the beach to get to it?

PsychoDoc 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-02, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoDoc Click to send private message to PsychoDoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
This seems to be a possibility. In E8, they went to the waterfall and on the way back, picked up the tree mail. This might explain the bikini and footware. However, why would Tammy wear the IN to a swim makes it questionable, unless she is so insecure after Johny Baby's booting.

Question: Since we do not see them wearing the IN other than to and from IC and TC, would it be too far fetched if a contestant might be encouraged by someone to wear it elsewhere/RC, like "you should keep it with you when you leave the camp, lest it gets swiped away like the tin of rice in S2"?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-23-02, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

(wearing my flame-retardent clothes now)
Ummm.... what about the "unpredictability" element that Burn-it promised in the previews? I doubt he was referring to last episode.

Edited to clarify: I think the "unpredictability" has got to refer to the boot. I doubt it refers to the RC or the IC.
I'm of the opinion that the boot might not be too straight-forward this time.

Just my $0.02.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. ""unpredictable" has a Hollow ring to it"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

Not only do I think shakestheclown is essentially correct in his statements, I would like to take it further to address the "unpredictability" issue, using the Hollow Theory.

I've been thinking all along that the pic of Tammy with the IC necklace is not post-IC. I was thinking it might be enroute TO the IC, but shakestheclown's analysis is very logical in explaining the situation.

But the conclusion is the same: MB is showing us Tammy with the IC necklace to lead us AWAY from the truth. Typical Hollow Theory in practice.

Furthermore, we've been treated to a barrage from See-BS sources about the unpredictability of the game at this point. The See-BS site poll asks who's the new power, and gives Sean, Tammy and Kathy as the picks. How about "None Of The Above". But the implication is that Tammy might still have some power... another attempt to possibly lead us AWAY from the core truth.

MB says it's going to be "unpredictable", Hercule Poirot says "that's leading me AWAY from the truth, ergo the truth must be that it IS going to be predictable and we'll see Tammy and Robert going next."

So that is what I think of all this "unpredictable" business: It's going to be a predictable mini-pagonging, and MB is trying to shield that truth as much as possible.

Added to various John interview transcripts, then Poirot is indeed shaving with Occam's Razor.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-02, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Oh come on ShowMe, MB is the master of hyperbole. I distinctly recall EPMB promising us the most exciting tribal council ever when we were down to the Final 6 in S3 leading some to speculate that we would get the All-Female Alliance. The booting of Kim P. was the most anti-climactic thing at one of the most boring TCs ever. On the other hand I was quite struck by the absence of any hyping of last week's TC, despite the fact that it was by the standards of this series a monumental shift in the dominant alliances.

Even if Tammy gets the boot the show could still be unpredictable. I am quite certain that we will see some focus on the possibility of Zoe getting booted and one or more of the "Underdog 5" wavering in their commitment to maintaining the temporary alliance.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-23-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Where are they walking from?"
If we can definitively decide where they are walking from, that would help (duh)!

I couldn't read all the posts on the vidcap thresd, but I did read that shakes suggested they might be coming back from getting tree mail. Something about that just doesn't ring right with me.

Has anyone determined what it is that Kathy is holding in her right hand? It appears that Zoe is holding something in her left hand. And it appears that Paschal could be holding something in one or both of his hands, the way he is holding his arms. The "power shift" graphic is hiding his hands, so we can't know for sure.

If they were returning from getting water or food, why wouldn't Robert and Tammy be pulling their weight by carrying something?

So my question is: what are Kathy and Zoe and possibly Paschal holding that Robert and Tammy don't have, and is it at all relevant to where they are coming from?

bebe

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Where are they walking from?"
>And it appears that Paschal could be holding something in one
>or both of his hands, the way he is holding his arms.
>The "power shift" graphic is hiding his hands, so we can't know
>for sure.

SurvivorFevor, has an extra vidcap just before our infamous pic 02. It shows the same scene without obscuring Paschal's hands: his hands are empty. Hope that helps. Not sure what the implications are though.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-23-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Wearing the necklace around camp?"
Shakes, why would Tammy want to wear the necklace around camp?

After the decisive TC vote against John, and her cocky statement at TC, she has to know that wearing it around camp might be interpreted by others as her rubbing it in. I have to believe that she is smart and will do what she can to stay in the game as long as she can!

If she really was just wearing it around camp, then she is a fool, and your assertion that she is the next one to go is probably right!

bebe

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Wearing the necklace around camp?"
I too am having a hard time with exactly what it is that this picture is trying to tell us. Reward and Immunity Challenge VID CAPS all picture ALL 8 wearing tennis shoes (sneakers or whatever you want to call them) that would tell me that this isnt from EITHER meaning also that it would not be on the way TO or FROM either challenge.
We DO KNOW a couple of interresting things about how they get around on the island and its NOT at all like we are lead to believe. They are often and almost always carted to the challenges and tribal council in boats OR trucks and dont actually walk there. That in mind perhaps they are walking to the designated PU location near camp and are merely going for comfort until they get to the boat or pu location where they have their shoes for the challenges. That is a stretch in that theya re shown in other VID CAPS sitting around camp in their tennis shoes.
MB is toying with us He's showing us one thing that means something totally different wanting to "take the focus OFF of the Tammy boot" and may be actually telling us that she IS getting the boot? I again dont think so. This has been the season of surprises and misdirection. I am really feeling that Tammy wont be going and that there will be another "shift" or shocker/unpredictable event that will have MB laughing at us and us cursing him.

Half the world IS Half the world WAS
Half the world THINKS while the other half DOES

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-23-02, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Walking from the Waterfall"
In the last episode after they were at the waterfall they stopped to see if they had tree mail. Also when they go to the waterfall neither Vee or Sean have been shown. This does not mean that they do not go, but it does tell why they may not be in the pic.

The item in Kathy's hand could be the small water bottle that they take to the waterfalls sometimes.

kdzgon 60 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Walking from the Waterfall"
>In the last episode after they were at the waterfall they
>stopped to see if they had tree mail. Also
>when they go to the waterfall neither Vee or Sean
>have been shown. This does not mean that they
>do not go, but it does tell why they may
>not be in the pic.
>
I posted a similar theory in another thread - that perhaps they have returned from an IC and are getting ready to go to the waterfall (especially if the challenge is *not* a water-based one, as they'd be hot & tired) yet T has not yet removed the IN. They seem to carry a couple of bags when going there, too. The only other potential scenario I see is a trek for the tree mail, but isn't that usually in the AM (and they'd be wearing more clothing than in the pic in question)?

As to MB looking to make it appear as if T wins, short of a tree mail trek, I'd buy that more quickly if we figure this pic is from a future episode (thus, T does not leave yet). The contestants do not seem to change their clothing that often to account for this pic as one from a previous episode (or from the upcoming one, considering the sandals). Even when they knew the RC was kite flying most wore their sneakers, not sandals. John and Zoe seem to be the only ones that would sometimes wear sandals for events.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Walking from the Waterfall"
You might be on to something here. I recall in S3 we were shown previews of things that never showed up in the show. Could this have been a trip to or from the waterfall last week after shortly after IC, Tammy still wearing the necklace? Does anyone have the Tammy wins IC pic from last week? We could compare clothes and see if it might fit. I know Tammy's orange shirt is gone, but on a waterfall trip you would expect as much. John might be just ahead out of the shot and Robert is congratulating Tammy with a hug.

I agree with Shakes that it is most likely MB misdirection, but I would feel a lot better about that conclusion if we could place this pic or even come close.

04-23-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "OFG question regarding the water and walking directions"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

On the over 90-posts-vidcap-thread, OFG asked me which way they walk to TC. I thought I'd address some of the walking directions in this new thresd. (Apologies for shamelessly copying parts of my earlier post.)

IF the IC is on Challenge Beach (East Coast of Nuku Hiva), then the survivors would walk back to Rotu (South East) with the ocean on their left (even around inlets). Likewise, the walk from Rotu to TC (west of Rotu Beach) is with the ocean on their left.

http://www.claycritters.com/map/survivor_4_map.htm

We need to make sure that the picture is not "reversed". Paschal's hair is parting on his left, which it does in all Paschal picutres I'm aware of (CBS, SurvivorFever). CamO01 also noted that Robert's tattoo is not reversed in this picture. So, the picture is not reversed, and the ocean is indeed on their left.

Scenario I - Tammy only wears IN to/from IC/TC.

In this case -IF IC is at Challenge Beach- the ocean being on their left means they are walking either from IC, or to TC. (I think we can rule out to TC, because they would have to carry at least their torches.) In either case Tammy has won IN. As has been pointed out by others, it is unlikely that this picture is from a future episode. (How would Sean/Vee get voted off, if Tammy did not win immunity?)

Scenario II - Tammy likes to flaunt IN at other occasions.

See shakes' post above - anything goes, and this pic is pure misdirection. The sandals issue is a tricky one.

Edited to fix link

04-23-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: OFG question regarding the water and walking directions"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-02 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

One further question: Do we know that they walk the full distance? In previous Survivors, they've been driven to near the TC area and then light their torches and walk into the area. They also might get rides to the Challenge Area.

Therefore, I'm not sure we can conclude anything from the direction.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-23-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
14. "Agree"
Dawg:

You're right in identifying an underlying assumption. IF they get a ride to IC, they could be dropped on either side of the challenge beach. In which case we cannot conclude anything from the direction.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-23-02, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
First, the Power Shift is to Sean this week, since he is shown beneath the waterfall that ( I forget who pointed this out) signifies power in that week's episode.

Second, I agree with you, except for one thing. The whole "sandals/gym shoes" thing is less convincing than the fact that there's no good explanation of Tammy with the immunity necklace except IC. I just can't imagine that she'd be wearing it "around camp," plus they're clearly on their way to/from something significant.

I think they're on their way TO the IC, which is why Tammy and Robert are comforting each other, because time is up for Tammy, and Robert's next. As you say, there's a lot of misdirection to distract viewers from the predictable ousters of Tammy and Robert. In my mind, the only other possibility is Zoe.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-23-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "shoes, bags, and other stuff"
Anyone remember these pictures? They are of E1 where Hunter is carring a yellow and blue bag back from the IC loss.

Here he is wearing sandles and Sean appears to be as well.

This picture shows what he wore at the challenge (shoes?)

What is in the bag? I say it is shoes and maybe some clothing of his or the others. Is there a designated carrier? Where someone takes turns bringing back and forth such items as shoes vs sandels? Especially for items like shoes which if worn wet can cause blistering. I think it is a definate possiblity.

So why haven't we seen the bags again? Well my theory on that is there are a lot of things we aren't shown simply because it makes better TV to give the illusion that the people are on the island by themselves, so just because you never see the procution assistants, and the cameramen, doesnt mean they aren't there. Just because it looks like they walked the entire way doesn't mean there wasnt a jeep over the hill that took them to another part of the island. My guess is the same things is happening with the bags. They are using them, but were not shown them to give the illusion that they have to do everything for themselves.

Also when I was looking for the pics I ran accross this article in the archives where Jiffy was spouting off about people not wearing appropriate attire to the challenges. Although I'm not for sure how it relates to this picture it does indicate there might have been a problem with this at some point, and since we haven't seen it yet perhaps it is coming up.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=2287&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes

One last thing, we all seem to be in love with the idea of stilt walking, but what if this is just the entrance of a ballance beam challenge or some type of an obstacle challenge similar to what we saw in africa. It doesn't actually have to be stilts does it? I mean it seams like those would be extremely difficult and somewhat dangerous (depending on how high the stilts were). I'm not saying it's not stilts I just wonder if there is any other supporting info besides the one Zoe shot that it is.

-ICB

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: shoes, bags, and other stuff"
Just a thought, and as usual, probably very inacurate. Next episode is titled the princess. The vidcaps for the last two weeks have shown Tammy wearing the necklace. Is it possible that she is wearing the necklace around camp since she knows due to the actions at the last IC that her and Robert are on the clock? And since she is doing this, someone, possibly kathy, starts referring to her as the princess. If she would win IC again this week, and do the same, it could possibly be the origin of the Princess title. Or I could be wrong¡¡

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: shoes, bags, and other stuff"
A very good thought about the "princess" title. Kinda like how Sean called Sarah "Cleopatra".

Seems like the title could be a swipe at Tammy.

jayseae 68 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jayseae Click to send private message to jayseae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: shoes, bags, and other stuff"
<One last thing, we all seem to be in love with the idea of stilt walking, but what if this is just the entrance of a ballance beam challenge or some type of an obstacle challenge similar to what we saw in africa. It doesn't actually have to be stilts does it? I mean it seams like those would be extremely difficult and somewhat dangerous (depending on how high the stilts were). I'm not saying it's not stilts I just wonder if there is any other supporting info besides the one Zoe shot that it is.>

We're discussing this very thing (okay, I'm trying to discuss it ) over on the IC speculation thread.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Ok, shakes, quit trying to confuse me.

Although I am uncomfortable with Tammy's clothing, I'm not entirely sure she has sandals on in the preview picture. They could be her tennis shoes.

When I first looked at this picture, I thought Tammy was wearing sandals. Now, I'm not so sure. Robert definately looks like he is wearing sandals, and so does Kathy.

Here are 2 pics from Episode 8 return from IC.

In this pic, I first thought Tammy was wearing sandals, as her front foot looks to have a lighter toe area. I rewatched the challenge, and she is wearing tennis shoes during the challenge, not sandals. Then I noticed her back foot. The back foot looks like a tennis shoe, not a sandal. Tammy is holding her shirt, and if you watch the actual video, it doesn't look like she is carrying any other shoes.

This picture is also from episode 8 walk back from IC. John is wearing sandals. John definately wore sandals for the episode 8 IC. (I rewatched the challenge) So, we can't say that survivors NEVER wear sandals during IC. (however, John is the only one wearing them)

I also rewatched a couple of trips to treemail. They have to go through a lot of brush, and all wore tennis shoes to get treemail. (that I saw)

What does any of this mean? I'm not sure. At this point, I'm leaning toward another Tammy IC win. I can't explain the bikini. The preview picture still looks post IC to me, especially when compared to the episode 8 pictures. They are walking in the same direction, they are wearing buffs. Zoe's missing shirt is easily explained. They have the same looks on their faces. And, there is nothing else suggesting anyone other than Tammy wins IC this week. Tammy is desparate to win, as was Kathy in episode 7. A lot of people picked Kathy to win episode 7 IC on that information alone. I think we have substatially more here to suggest that Tammy wins this week.

As far as the "unpredictible" tag given to this weeks show. What would be more unpredictable than a new tiebreaker rule. Something that is decided in a way that is not "democratic".

None of this specualtion gets me any closer to this weeks boot. I'm anticipating a tie vote, and since we don't have a clue as to how the tie will be broken, anybody could go.

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Thanks for the new thread, Shakes. I would like to clarify something that I have lost in the other thread. Was it actually confirmed that the vid cap of Tammy with the IN is *not* from E8? I just looked back at this vid cap from the E8 promo:

(did this work?)

Pascal and Kathy have the same clothes and the only difference in Tammy's attire is the shorts - which she could have put on when she got back to camp.

MeToo

04-23-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Yes, it has been confirmed that the Tammy IN pic is not from episode 8. The buff is in a different location, and her top is different. And I believe Neleh is dressed differently. (don't feel like looking again right now) Hope that helps.

~ true

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
if she can put on shorts, she can certainly change the position of her buff

i've been in the camp of the pre-IC interpreters of the shot from the start, and i'm not changing my mind now

04-23-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
>i've been in the camp of
>the pre-IC interpreters of the
>shot from the start, and
>i'm not changing my mind
>now
>

I have no intention of trying to change your mind or anyone elses, I am merely pointing out that the preview picture is not from the episode 8 walk back from IC.

~ true

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Return from RC?"
I know it would be pointless for Tammy to take the IN there, but I the more I look at this picture, the more it looks like they are returning from the RC.

Comparing these pictures, the clothing is an exact match for everyone in both.

Robert: Shirtless, dark shorts
Tammy: Black bikini
Paschal: Dark shorts (shirtless in RC)
Kathy: Blue bathing suit (wearing shorts on return)
Neleh: Red top, hair pulled back
Zoe: Black sports bra

Here is what the sequence of photos could be:

Despite Neleh and Zoe's efforts, Tammy and Vee win the RC...

...Robert congratulates Tammy on the way back, while Neleh and Zoe talk about what went wrong for their team...

...and when they return to camp, Neleh, et al. congratulate Vee...

...while Robert and Tammy become outsiders.

Returning from RC or not, I'm convinced the picture is from the same day, which puts me in the camp of those who think the IN picture is pre-IC in E9. In other words, I don't think Tammy wins immunity again this week.

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-02, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Could this photo possibly be doctored? On the way back from IC last week, Tammy had her red top off as seen in the clips. The first thing I thought when I saw this vidcap is that the bikini looked fake as if someone had put skin-tone and colored in the bikini. The bandana on the head also looks somewhat fake.

Do we have vidcaps of the other Survivors from last week's IC to compare? The things that are wrong with the IC pics are easy to doctor. Also, Sean, Vee, John and Neleh are the ones shown in last week's IC pics coming back from the challenge and are the ones missing in this clip...

04-23-02, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Extended Vidcap discussion: Tammy, the necklace and the IC"
Interesting thought about the possibility of the photo being doctored. Where is Tammy's left arm below the elbow? It appears to trail off into nothing just where the shorts could have been airbrushed out. Can someone zoom in so we can look at his more closely? Neleh is wearing a different shirt, but she is so far in the back it could also easily have been doctored.

The more I think about this, the more I am convinced EPM is messing with our heads with this photo, all to misdirect us away from a logical Tammy boot.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-23-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Where were they?"
We have two very nice shots that may show us where they were. The first on is definatively from last week on the way back from the IC. The second is the one in question.

This is from last week. Notice John in front, Tammy with immunity and shorts, Neleh in different cloths, etc. All shot from the a low camera by a big rock. Also note which way the people are walking. Finally note the small pebbles and the back ground trees.

Ok now look at the pic that has everyone up in arms. Different angle. Different filter. Different clothes on the contestants. Bikini (and IN) on Tammy. Sandles on everyone. Walking in the same direction as the first. Look at the little pebbles on the beach and the background trees. Could this be the SAME beach?

I think so, and if it is, it IS definatly on the way back.

-ICB

04-23-02, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jayseae Click to send private message to jayseae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "I think it's doctored..."
CowboyRoo mentioned the possibility that the photo is doctored. I wanted to reply at the end so this wasn't missed, because it might be huge. It might not, in which case you can ignore me.

CowboyRoo:
Could this photo possibly be doctored?

Bear with me please, but I think the answer is a resounding yes. I'm sorry that I don't have any image-editing software to make this more apparent. Perhaps someone who does can help out by outlining what I'm talking about. I've cropped the pic to roughly center the topic of discussion, but that's about the extent of my ability.

Take a look in-between Paschal, Tammy and Neleh. Tammy's arm does indeed seem to be cut off just past her elbow. You'll also notice a slightly darker piece of the sand between Tammy's thigh and Paschal's shoulder, very unnatural change in color. Tammy's left leg also looks nearly sickly, as if someone tried to darken it to add shadow to make the change seem less than it was - in fact, it nearly blends in to this piece of the beach that stands out. Then look above this, and you'll see the rough outline of something that's been removed from the pic - I think it looks like the shape of a person.

It also appears that Neleh's head is at an awfully strange angle, as if perhaps someone to her right (our left) was cut out of the image. Perhaps we've found Sean and Vee? Or perhaps even John...

Someone please tell me that I'm not imagining things here.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-02, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: I think it's codec artifacting"
When a video sequence is captured it is often compressed as part of the encoding process. This sometimes causes wierd distortions where blocks of pixels freeze up and don't move in sync with the rest of the other objects.

I think that this is the case here. Neleh's head is pointing down but it is because she is looking at her hand. Her hand appears over Paschal's shoulder as he moves lower into the frame. Maybe she injured it in some fashion or broke a nail.

I'm going to take a deeper look at this sequence tomorrow.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

04-24-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
41. "RE: I think it's doctored..."
I definitely see the outline of the "person" you are referring to, jayseae. The place where it stikes me the most is right on paschal's right shoulder.

If, as IC says, a shadow of the Tammy image could be left behind due to it being a still from live motion (sounds reasonable, what the hell do I know?), to me, it still doesn't explain the fact that the line on Paschal's shoulder conforms exactly to his shirt. Definitely looks to me like someone has been brushed out (John).

Ice Cat, are you saying it's just possible this is a glitch in the photo, or most likely a glitch? And a futher detailing of your reasoning, in a vidcap-for-dummies sort of way, would help get me off of this line of thinking. I will certainly defer to the video experts if I could understand the reasoning. Til then, I am stuck on this.

Even though concluding this is doctored still doesn't helps us place the picture. But if it is a doctored pic, one thing is clear - Tammy does NOT win IC this week and is the likely boot. Why doctor a pic to show Tammy with IN if she really wins it? Why not just show the picture? Obvious answer - there is no good reason.

It also isn't likely from a future episode. "Knowing" Sean stays for at least 2 more eps., Vee would have to be gone tomorrow if Sean is merely out of the picture. And who here thinks there is any way Vee goes tomorrow? Unless the tie-breaker is so funky a non-targeted party actually bites it. Ok, so maybe possible (what isn't?), but definitely not likely.

My grand conclusion from all of this? This is some sort of clip from last week, sometime btw. IC and TC, that was never shown on the air. I specifically recall seeing clips for S3 that never appeared on the program and the insidious repeating of old clips with doctored buff colors, etc. Doctoring a photo is not only a EPM possibility, it is a proven method of his madness.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-02, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "I don't. . ."
I took the dumb thing into Photoshop and played with it, and I'm afraid I have to agree with IceCat--if there's anything "missing," it's just because of motion blur and the fact that there is so much lost resolution-wise in these caps. Not a lot to work with, given that monitors only show 72 dpi, and web graphics are typically optimized at that res--once you've taken out the info, you can't just enlarge a picture and reinvent it. I tried various filters and scans, and just plain didn't see anything out of the ordinary--even when it was enlarged HUGELY (and I was basically looking at a tapestry of colorful pixels.)

I think you can trust me--if someone was going to make a big case for it being doctored, I already would have.

GT

*waves to the sorely-missed whiskered one*

04-24-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
44. "RE: I don't. . ."
Thanks for the photoanalysis. Maybe I can jump off the "doctored" bandwagon. But I'd become so attached!

Still think it is a red herring of some kind (she give up IN?). Since Tammy is the most likely boot, MB certainly doesn't want everyone guessing correctly. No fun in that. But it did give us something to do this week, so I guess we should thank him?

04-24-02, 08:07 PM (EST)
45. "RE: I don't. . ."
>Thanks for the photoanalysis.

I agree everyone, and if it isn't doctored, sorry for raising the alarm. But I still see something there. Ignore Neleh for a moment, as she's in the background anyway (though I do think her head looks funny).

If this is indeed just a blur due to the codec, and what I'm seeing is a "ghost" of Tammy, that's fine. I can really buy that. But wouldn't the current image of Tammy overlay the "ghost"? The "ghost" would still be visible in this case, but then wouldn't Tammy's entire arm be there?

I know you can blow it up to whatever size you like and see most anything - and that the arm could be behind her or something. But it just seems to end right there past her elbow. I also think that Tammy's left leg looks like it's been shaded by hand - looks almost diseased, IMHO.

Anyway, I really do think this might be a doctored pic, and I won't push for it any further. Thanks for the extra eyes!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Robert wims Immunity?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-02 AT 03:06 AM (EST)

What if Robert wins the Immunity Challenge, and in an "unpredictable" move, gives the IN to his friend Tammy? She was the prime target going into the challenge and Robert figured that they were probably going anyway, so what the heck...

MB let us know about the Immunity Transference rule for a reason. It has to come into play at some point, and this seems like a good possibility.

We see Tammy wearing the IN back to camp, as she hugs Robert who has protected her, but has a long face because Robert is now vulnerable because he saved her. Paschal is confused by this honorable gesture and must now reconsider his choice for TC...

Krautboy

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Timing?"
It would seem (judging by the past two episodes) that the transfer of immunity doesn't occur until the TC when JP asks if they wish to give up the IN.

If this is the case, we would only see the person who received the IN wearing it in the presence of the person who gave it up at one place -- at the TC.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-02, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Robert wims Immunity?"
>>> What if Robert wins the Immunity Challenge, and in an "unpredictable" move, gives the IN to his friend Tammy?

I always thought that the only place where one contestant can transfer immunity is during TC where JP asks the IC winner if he/she wants to give it away.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Robert wims Immunity?"
Ice and Mikey, transferring it at TC would be too predictable!

I'm searching for "unpredictable"...

Krautboy

04-24-02, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kdzgon Click to send private message to kdzgon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Robert wims Immunity?"
I'm not sure I agree the pic was doctored, as the quality of a pic in a "web-friendly" format loses a lot of quality. We all tend to swing our arms as we walk, and Tammy's hand may simply be behind her body at the moment the photo was snapped.

I have, however, begun to wonder if in fact they are wearing sandals to an IC, as they know (due to the tree mail) that it is a mental challenge as opposed to a physical one. Alternatively, it may be a very warm day (no shirt for the General, tank tops or swim suits on the females, etc) and those items being carried (Kathy, Zoe) hold the sneakers "in case" it is a physical one. I believe Zoe & Neleh are together because there is a strong alliance there (review the last couple of TCs), not because they are reviewing their RC performance.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Robert wims Immunity?"
>I always thought that the only place where one contestant can
>transfer immunity is during TC. . .
You "always" thought this? As in the couple weeks since we learned about it? Fact is, we HAVE no history to base any such assumption on. Krautboy has introduced an interesting bit of spec here, and I think it would be entirely logical for Robert to make his intentions known in advance of TC, just to shake things up. . .

Not that there's any real evidence that I've seen (this week is another frustrating mess,) but IF Robert won, I think it's not out of the realm of possibility.

GT

All constants are variables. - Murphy's Twelfth Law

04-24-02, 07:20 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Robert wims Immunity?"
MB let us know about the Immunity Transference rule for a reason. It has to come into play at some point, and this seems like a good possibility.

I must disagree with this. Why do we assume that MB *has* to follow through on every single thing he shows us?

Solely by the introduction of this rule, there is a new wrinkle to think about... but it doesn't have to actually happen to have an impact on the game. Both Kathy and Tammy have looked uncomfortable being asked by JP if they want to give up the necklace. Tammy was groping for a reason to keep it but not sound selfish in keeping it.

As many have stated on other thresds, I cannot conceive of a situation where immunity would be transferred. *IF* the past-vote rule were still in effect (i.e. if they counted), then I could see it: Say in S-2 Tina had won the pole challenge instead of Keith. In the 5-5 split, knowing Keith has votes and she doesn't, Tina could transfer the necklace to Keith, forcing Kucha to select her (a move that would fail) or someone else.

But prior votes don't count this time around, so why bother with the transfer?

I can only conceive of a situation like Paschal winning it and giving it to Neleh to keep her in the game one week longer. But would Robert do this for Tammy?

But back to the main point: MB has already had the desired effect with the rule introduction... it might happen, but I don't think MB would've hidden it even if it never happens.

04-24-02, 10:08 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Robert wims Immunity?"
HAH. I thought I'd never see the ignorant play that we saw by Colby (and MB allowed, despite his alleged "rules"...), so I'd say there is a possibility that we could very well see someone transfer immunity, no matter how implausible it may seem to us.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Buffs"
Didn't see anyone else mentiont that this couldn't be a pic walking back to camp from the waterfall because they are wearing their buffs. There are times I'm sure the Survivors wear Sandals back from challenges. Maybe it rained out the night before and they have to walk through mud and such. Many possiblilities.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-02, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "The necklace, The sandals and the Golden Tranfer Rule"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-02 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

After reading all sorts of views on the pic of Tammy, the sandals and the necklace, I feel:

1) This is post-IC, walking back, she won it. The biggest reason that people don't want to believe it is because it exists, meaning MB gave it to us. But I'm starting to believe that his deception is no match for our imaginations. The validity and number of factors that support a post IC pic outweigh the validity and number of factors that don't support it.

2) I agree with Weltek on the sandals, and others that have stated or shown that sandals are worn post challenge. Remember the great spoiler pic from Survivor 2 of Mike carrying the immunity idol while crossing a river with his tribe? Walkin to-and-from challenges can be detrimental to the all-important challenge sneakers - where are the sneakers then? Who knows? They were not carrying them in that S2 spoiler pic either (and I doubt they had them on in the river).

3) I agree with Survivdawg on Immunity Transfer. It does not have to happen to have any effect. It effects them and it effects us when everyone just dwells on the possibility of a transfer. It would be more interesting if it does happen, but knowledge of the possibility does not necessitate the action.

oops, edited to add #4:

4) I don't think that there would be a premature transfer. I'd suspect that you can hand it over whenever you want, but it would be foolish for you. You'd want to do it at TC so that way no retaliatory plan could be devised by the other voters - they may end up splitting their votes in reaction. Let them know ahead of time, and they'll have your demise easily planned. Although I think they all do go into TC now with a pre-discussed back-up vote, at least John was shown discussing this. Anyway, I got 2 coconuts on never seeing a transfer unless Paps takes a bullet for Neleh, for the same reason Rodger took the early bullet for Liz.

BI

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •