The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-09, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
Once again Joesplace has been hard at work gathering contestant spoilers for the upcoming American Idol.

This year there is a blog with the information so here is that link if you would like to go there directly:

http://www.joesplaceblog.com/

There is quite a bit being dug up on some of the contestants which you can find either on http://idolforums.com/(have to register to see the spoiler board, warning there is a lot of squeeing there, sometimes there is hundreds of pages of squeeing over pre-season favorites) or for a snarkier take on the contestants see http://www.votefortheworst.com/ on the AI8 part of the board (warning, do not go squeeing about how much you just lurve any of them over there)

Several of the spoiled contestants have been pulling their music from their myspace pages so that is a good indication some of them are likely to be in the top 50. They will be cutting down to the Top 36 soon, probably later this month.

Manga by Slicey!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers Estee 01-04-09 1
   RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers Snidget 01-04-09 2
       RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers Ahtumbreez 01-05-09 3
   RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers geekboy 01-07-09 4
       RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers Snidget 01-15-09 5
 VFTW emydi 01-15-09 6
   RE: VFTW Maroonclown 01-15-09 7
 possible lists of top 36 emydi 01-29-09 8
   RE: possible lists of top 36 Snidget 01-29-09 9
       RE: possible lists of top 36 emydi 01-29-09 10
           RE: possible lists of top 36 Snidget 01-29-09 11
               RE: possible lists of top 36 kingfish 01-29-09 12
                   RE: possible lists of top 36 Snidget 01-29-09 13
                       RE: possible lists of top 36 kingfish 01-29-09 14
           RE: possible lists of top 36 Belle Book 01-29-09 15
               RE: possible lists of top 36 emydi 01-30-09 16
 RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers cjhope117 02-05-09 17
   RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers Snidget 02-06-09 18
   RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers emydi 02-11-09 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-09, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
Right now, we can safely assume a maximum of two semifinalists came out of the Puerto Rico auditions, given the universal disappointment from the producers about that stop. Beyond that, I've got nothing.

I want to claw a few bleeding gashes across the whole 'top 36' concept, but that'll have to wait for another thread.

Simon breaks all ties. So basically, 2-2=fail.

01-04-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
At least it is going to be more like the first couple of seasons rather than the weeks of the same bad people VFTW won't let die.

Sounds like 3 weeks of 12 with a couple of people getting through then a second chance wild card week to fill out the top 12. Makes it harder to vote the worst through as they need to get a lot of votes to get the the top of the heap rather than squeaking by next to last week after week.

Although they will have some Worst in the top 12. From what I remember of the old format there usually is one or two people that can put together one good song but falls apart once you start having to prep a song a week.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
I'm thinking MC won't be crushing quite as hard on Jason's little brother as she did on Jason, if Michael makes it thru.

ringing in the 2009 New Year with Agman

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-07-09, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
Am i the only one who actually LIKES the idea of a top 36? What this means is TPTB actually listned, have trimmed down the # of audition shows, are showing more time in Hollywood, and we have more performance shows. This I like.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

01-15-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
What 4 weeks of semifinals rather than 3 weeks? That really isn't that many more performance shows.

I am glad they are doing more of hollywood week because those are usually people that have some chance of singing well.

The one thing I dislike about the we only see them sing once before voting them into the semifinals thing is I think it allows the producers to have more power over who makes it to the semifinals.

You put a couple of people with lots of back story into the semis with a few people we don't know and the back story people make the finals more often than not.

The other thing I hated about the semifinals when they used to them this way is it seems one week has ALL the good singers and the other weeks had all the weak singers. I think it was the second season most of those that lasted were all from one week. Both the couple that got voted in by America and at least Clay if not one of the other wild cards that made it to near the end were all from that one week. And I'd have preferred a couple more people from that week than some of the ones from the other nights that were the "best" of a bad night.

We also can't see who can sing one song and only one song well vs those that tend to do pretty well all week. With the 3 weeks of everyone sings the one hit wonders usually get tossed before the final 12.

I do like getting to see more singers in the semi finals, I just don't think it will necessarily make for a stronger final 12, just one we haven't heard sing as much.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "VFTW"
top 50 confirmed/spec

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090115/top_50_spoiler_update_cody_sheldon_top_50_vftw_victory

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090114/top_50_spoiler_update_1_14_von_smith_and_kristen_mcnamara

PLANTs with some surprising cuts before 50

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090113/dictionary_plants_american_idol_8_so_far

with a little law breaker cut too

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090115/well_now_we_know_why_emily_wynne_hughes_was_cut

Also some not so nice stuff about MC's Jason Castro and mom-Beasty

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20080916/betsy_castro_threatening_teenagers

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20080824/greedy_jason_castro_and_his_fans_deserve_smackdown

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: VFTW"
Don't be hatin' my hottie just because his mom is a beast.

As for the computer thing - the antique store just doesn't have the amperage for a computer. We're strictly candlelight

01-29-09, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "possible lists of top 36"
take it for what's it worth...emai to VFTW
http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090129/full_list_american_idol_8_top_36

01-29-09, 09:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
Hard to know if it is real, or mostly the names of those we got to actually get a name given to so far.

Looks like Joesplace may not be releasing the top 36 info even though they seem to have a pretty good handle on who it is. Last year they released the top 24 and got way more hate mail than they wanted. Messenger shooting is alive and well in tard-land, apparently.

01-29-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
10. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
they've released 4 of 36 with more to follow

http://www.joesplaceblog.com/

01-29-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
11. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
I was hoping they would release them, but I can understand not putting out the list. A few hate mails can be entertaining. A deluge of them, not.so.much.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
I am a newbie when it comes to Idol. And I have newbie question.

Have they already pared down the entries? I though it was done more or less live on TV.

01-29-09, 01:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
The auditions were done last summer.

Hollywood round paring down to the top 50 was done back about December. We will see the Hollywood round next two weeks.

The Top 50 had a few weeks and then about 10 days ago they pared things down from the top 50 to the top 36 that will be the semifinalists America Votes on.

Everything before America votes is done ahead of time.

The rest is mostly live. The top 36 will (this is more like the first couple of seasons than the last several) perform 12 at a time and America will vote 3 from each group of 12 into the top 12.

The remaining 3 in the top 12 will come from a wild card round.

Once we have the top 12 we will eliminate them one at a time and that is again pretty much live (well other than pre-recorded bits and that the recap at the end of each episode is from the dress rehearsals).

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-09, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
Thanks. It's funny, but the only parts of AI that I liked are the local audidions.

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-29-09, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
I saw. Looks like one of the ones I liked is in the Top 36!

Belle Book

01-30-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
16. "RE: possible lists of top 36"
looks like it's legit vftw talked to joes place

From what i've been reading at VFTW it looks like Von smith is an early vftwer (the guy that boomed in his audition that was on teh view)

http://www.votefortheworst.com/20090129/full_list_american_idol_8_top_36

cjhope117 584 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-05-09, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cjhope117 Click to send private message to cjhope117 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
Is this spoiler accurate? I don't remember seeing more than half of these people during the last two nights of Hollywood. Why wouldn't AI show more of the people that make it to the finals?

02-06-09, 06:04 AM (EST)
18. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
Most of them have had at least a little bit of camera time during the season so far. I think there is only a few of them we haven't seen at all, but we may in the next two episodes.

One of the things the people on the grassy knoll use every year to suggest there are "chosen ones" and "cannon fodder" is that every single season there are several people we have not seen at all before the voting rounds in the semi finals.

Why should this year be the one and only year we see everyone?

They usually spend a lot of time every single year on people that never make it. If you have a good storyline and they have to tell it before the voting rounds they will make sure they get it told. So there are usually several people to get quite attached to that the producers know we will never get to vote for.

02-11-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
19. "RE: AI8 Contestant Spoilers"
yes this is accurate

You know tonite (gah 2 hours of people sitting in chairs?) it's going to end up being Danny "Dead Wife" Gokey vs. Jamar for the last male slot in 36...too bad they picked the wrong one

This is going to be great tonite when Tatiana and Norman get thru! I love them both so much

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •