The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New ideas for Survivor locations"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

cuon10 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-18-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New ideas for Survivor locations"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-04 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-18-04 AT 09:01 AM (EST)

I have a couple of ideas for new, fresh survivor locations. One that they could do would be on one of the islands off Greece, like Crete or Spinalonga. I lived on Crete for 2 years and there are a couple of places that they could probably do it. Do a kind of olympic theme with ancient gods also in the scenario.
I think that would be really cool. There are also places around mexico and south america that would be marvelous. And going back to the downunder would be terrific. One off the Florida keys somewhere might be interesting. Any other ideas?? Also, if anyone connected to the show reads these to see what people think they know about survivor, pitch the crete idea to the producers.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New ideas for Survivor location... cuon10 08-21-04 1
   RE: New ideas for Survivor location... Sparrow 08-21-04 2
       RE: New ideas for Survivor location... cuon10 08-22-04 3
   RE: New ideas for Survivor location... aquariaqueen 09-23-04 13
 RE: New ideas for Survivor location... chrisconcert 09-21-04 4
   RE: New ideas for Survivor location... pmspml5 09-21-04 5
       RE: New ideas for Survivor location... HistoryDetective 09-21-04 6
           Canada/ Spain aethelstan 09-21-04 7
               Survivor Locations FlamingCactusIT 09-21-04 8
                   RE: Survivor Locations cuon10 09-22-04 12
               RE: Canada/ Spain chrisconcert 09-21-04 10
               RE: Canada/ Spain HistoryDetective 09-21-04 11
       RE: New ideas for Survivor location... chrisconcert 09-21-04 9
 RE: New ideas for Survivor location... Tejayes 09-25-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-21-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuon10 Click to send private message to cuon10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
I have another idea of a new survivor theme or whatever. I say pick 8-10 or even 16 survivor candidates and let them list their top 5 choices of a previous survivor from a previous show they would like to challenge to be on the opposite team or one they would like to partner up with in a Survivor pairs-the unknown partner show. Like for instance, I would pick maybe the following: 1)Andrew Savage-survivor Pearl Island, 2)Kathy Vavrick
O'Brien-Marqueses-all-stars 3)Rupert -all-stars 4)Richard Hatch
Borneo 5)Gina - don't remember but she was really smart and she had some great ideas

Sparrow 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sparrow Click to send private message to Sparrow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
ohhhhhhhh goooooooooooooooooooooood! I wouldn't wanna pair up with anyone, but, I think it would be really fun to pick 8 newbies and let each one pick a previous survivor to come back. Wow! Fun! I think I would pick Greg...I missed S1 but I watched the DVD and he made me laugh. I like to be around people who crack me up and he was a hoot.

08-22-04, 10:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-04 AT 10:02 PM (EST)

yea, but if a two-person team got two million it would be great. Those are the five I would like to have as a choice of a previous competitor partner. 8 previous survivors I would like to compete against would be Clay,Sue,Vecepia,Janet,Ryan,Johnny Fairplay and trust me he would be spinning from the hardball I would play on him, I could not stand him. Lil, Lex,Trish. MOst of these were weak or naive or coattail riders. Tina would be another one.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-23-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
Siberia or somewhere cold................

chrisconcert 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chrisconcert Click to send private message to chrisconcert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
How about a Survivor Alaska or Yukon where they have to endure artic weather. THey could have a native american theme for the tribal thing, plus there are extreme hazards ---Grizzlies, wolves, freezing weather etc. PLUS ITS IN NORTH AMERICA!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
I had heard rumors that they are going to film in Canada soon.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
But surely they wouldn't be able to show enough skin in those colder climates...

We all know Amber got invited to A.S.S. strictly to raise the T&A quotient. How will viewers know what a nice bod the next "Amber" has if she is wearing a parka!

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-21-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Canada/ Spain"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-04 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

There are plenty of bikinis in Canada in the summer months. Besides, the West Coast is very similar to the US northwest coast, almost no snow and lots of rain. The Queen Charlotte Islands or other west coast islands would work. Or maybe Oak Island and the one and only challenge would be to find that treasure!

The idea I'd like to see them do is Survivor: Camino de Santiago. The Camino is a 800k/500mi walk from the French side of the Pyreness to a city in the northwestern Spanish province of Galicia. Every day, the Survivors would have to walk 20 miles and then after that would have to compete in the reward/immunity challenges. Everybody can bring whatever they want in terms of gear but they have to carry it on their backs when walking. Trust me, after 1 or 2 days, they will be down to bare essentials and sleeping right on the ground.

Reward challenges would be for things like very light sleeping bags or camp rolls (remember, reward items would still have to be carried on their backs) and/or food items and/or footcare items

I have walked this route and I know many who had to give up for many reasons: injury/blisters, couldn't handle that much walking every day. There might even be more ostens in such a survivor (even if they are provided with basic food) than in the current format.

The cultural history of this ancient (1000+ year) pilgrimage route gives rise to many ideas for challenges mainly based on medieval themes. The first days walk would be over the Pyrenees over the place where Charlemagne was attacked by the Basques. The final four would participate in the pilgrims mass at Santiago and the final 3 days would take the winner to Finisterre: the End of the World (the furthest west point known to exist until Columbus sailed).

İForged by RollDdice, 2004

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Survivor Locations"
My guesses go as follows:

1.Madagascar- I've been thinking this since after Survivor Amaz.
2.Canadian Islands- Seems very likely since it's highly rumored.
3.Chinese Mountains- Very Remote. Very Different. Very Cultural.

09-22-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor Locations"
Madagascar is an excellent idea. That is one that I found and read about and I think it would be great. Or Sri Lanka. I know Canada is highly rumored, but my guess is that won't happen. Or they will (Mark Burnett) will be actually looking into a canadian version of Survivor, he is already working on an european version. I think that they let "teaser" type rumors out for the sake pf more publicity for the show. I believe you will see the production of a Canadian form of Survivor, just as there is an Australian form of American Idol. Sex sells too easily in America and I don't see them doing the parka thing on Survivor, for the American viewing audience.

09-21-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chrisconcert Click to send private message to chrisconcert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Canada/ Spain"
Do you recall in Africa when the lions enchroached the camp and the castaways were scared shitless. They need to put these people in more of harms way. LIke the CONGO where they could get eaten by gorillas or the Rockies where a grizzly could attack a camp. THAT IS SURVIVING THE WILDERNESS. I want to see more danger.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-04, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Canada/ Spain"
Interesting idea, Aethelstan... One of my best friends did the Camino de Santiago the summer after we graduated college (as part of a summer school option; she got five credits for it since two professors taught classes along the way). That would really push some of these people to their physical and emotional limits in different ways than the current stranded-on-the-beach scenario.

09-21-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
9. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
That would be so cool, I am a chippewa indian from Minnesota and know that the AMerican Indian has been underrepresented on the show. They need to go back to the roots.

Tejayes 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-25-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tejayes Click to send private message to Tejayes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New ideas for Survivor locations"
How about one of the southern islands of Japan?

Just a thought...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •