The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-17-02, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
This time last season, we started talking about a seperate PTTE for spoilers. What is the consensus of the board at this point? Do we want to start one now, or wait for a couple of EP's ?

I also would like to volunteeh (as Rob would say) to moderate it this season.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ready Set Go! weltek 04-17-02 1
 Final Four picks MC_Hampster 04-17-02 2
 RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... sorgee 04-17-02 3
   RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... Kokoro 04-17-02 4
       RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... steppingrazor42 04-17-02 5
           RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... weltek 04-17-02 6
               RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... Kokoro 04-17-02 7
 RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... bebekid 04-17-02 8
 Why I hate the PTTE shakes the clown 04-17-02 9
   To agree and disagree weltek 04-17-02 10
       RE: To agree and disagree shakes the clown 04-17-02 12
           Sorry Shakes, my bad! weltek 04-17-02 15
   RE: Why I hate the PTTE bebekid 04-17-02 11
       RE: Why I hate the PTTE Kokoro 04-17-02 16
   A final thought on the spoilers PTT... sleeeve 04-17-02 14
       RE: A final thought on the spoilers... Naked 04-17-02 17
 Don't we already have a PTTE? ycartdraw 04-17-02 13
 Final 7 PTTE Krautboy 04-18-02 18
 RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTT... DVK 04-18-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-02, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Ready Set Go!"
Naked,
I think now is a great time to start. If someone wants to wait & jump in later when they are more sure of themselves, more power to em. As someone who moderated it last year, I highly suggest you put something in the rules to discourage people from re-picking 3 or 4 times. Seriously, those people that would have a new set after every episode were making my life difficult. Thanks for volunteering to do this!

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-17-02, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Final Four picks"
I do like the PTTE picks, even if it's nearly impossible to get it right. I'd say go ahead and start it after this episode.

Also, I think we need a final four picks after this episode. There's a much higher chance of picking the final four (in no particular order) than there is to picking 8 in order.

-MC

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-17-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
i'm fairly new to the board. could/would someone tell me what PTTE stands for?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-17-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
hehe sure....PTTE = Picks To The End

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Don't worry y'all, Gina and Bob will be back just in time for the final 3.

Stop Discrimination Now

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-17-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
As a lowly and humble "Got Milk? Spokesperson" I have to ask how far into the game are we thinking of as "the end" to pick for? final 4? final 3 or 2? Thank you for your most gracious assistance!

04-17-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-02 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

PTTE means literally to the END. So if I put a PTTE in today, I would (for a random example) put:

J/K/N/P/S/V/T/Z/R (John, Kathy, Neleh, Pascal, Sean, Vee, Tammy, Zoe, Robert as the winner)

OMG! *click* We actually have different initials for all remaining contestants. Thanks, MB & Survivors for making our lives easier!

Edited for clarity.

04-17-02, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
Seriously, eh?
It was excruciating for me to have to type that last initial!

Stop Discrimination Now

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-17-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
I think we should certainly wait until after this next boot. It may help us better determine what direction the boots are going in (or it may not!)

I believe the PTTE's in the past have been the final 7, but I'm game for a final 8!

bebe

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-17-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Why I hate the PTTE"
I have long been a vocal detractor of the whole PTTE phenomenon that started in S2.

The problem with the PTTE is that it interferes with the REAL spoiling that goes on here in that posters start to shape their spoiling theories solely on fitting into their PTTE's. It's bad enough that we have so many people now as it is that base their spoiling theories on what they WANT to happen (N/K/P/S/V alliance for example) as opposed to what actually might really happen. Now, throw in the mix a bunch of people who are going to be defending their PTTE's for the next several weeks (until EVERYONE of them is eliminated) and we will have a serious talent drain on this board.

Plus, since the PTTE dicates that you spoil the entire season in one shot we start to have a lot of people who lose focus on the episode to episode approach that is paramount to successfully spoiling this show. Soon, every post will lay out scenarios not just for the episode that week, but for the entire rest of the show including prospective jury votes. It ends up becoming a lot of useless reading for the serious spoilers on board.

Now, I'm not saying that I am strictly opposed to the PTTE as I have entered it myself over the last couple of seasons. However, I think in order to make it have less of a detrimental impact on the board I think there are a couple of rules that should be implemented...

For one, posters should be allowed to make only ONE PTTE prediction. No more going back and changing your picks once you are eliminated. Once you are out you should be out! This would limit the participants from week to week and help return focus to the more important task of spoiling the individual episodes.

Also, there should be a two episode deadline for making your picks...meaning that you can either make your picks after this week's episode or after next week's episode. Obviously, the advantage to making your picks sooner is that you would have the tie breaker edge over anyone who made their picks the next week in the even that you both get it right.

04-17-02, 04:12 PM (EST)
10. "To agree and disagree"
Shakes has a good point that many get distracted with making theories fit into their PTTE's, and therefore jeopardize the true spoiling on the board...BUT, I see it as a minor issue. I don't think our good spoilers do too much "justifying" on threads unrelated to the PTTE. Maybe we should put a note about it in the rules. I don't think we should quit the spoiler's PTTE. Lot's of people enjoy it, me included.

That leads me to wholeheartedly agree with your last two rule suggestions. Even if this means that no one is still in the PTTE when the final three are left, so be it. Wait a minute...if memory serves me right, you were one of the people who changed their PTTE's last year....

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-02, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: To agree and disagree"
> I don't think we
>should quit the spoiler's PTTE.
> Lot's of people enjoy
>it, me included.

...I never said we should disband the PTTE, just that it DOES cause some problems with the spoiling on the board. And the problems have definitely been noticeable over the last two series...I think you would agree with that. I also enjoy the PTTE to a point, especially since I've done fairly well in the contest (3rd place during S2 behind True and someone named Weltek), but I even noticed that it tended to influence legitimate spoiling efforts. I remember making a spirited campaign for a Colbster boot in the final four and I can't help but wonder if my PTTE had something to do with that.

>
>That leads me to wholeheartedly agree
>with your last two rule
>suggestions. Even if this
>means that no one is
>still in the PTTE when
>the final three are left,
>so be it.

..I agree.

Wait
>a minute...if memory serves me
>right, you were one of
>the people who changed their
>PTTE's last year....

...nope, wasn't me. I didn't think so, but I went back and searched for it and found thatI never went back and changed my PTTE. Just for the record, here were my PTTE's for the previous two seasons.....

Australia: (entered w/ 6 people left) Amber/Rodger/Colby/Lis/Keith/Tina

Africa: (entered w/ 5 people left) Teresa/Lex/Tom/KimJ/Ethan

I think the lesson to be learned is that when I make my prediction as to who is going to win this show it might be wise to pay attention

04-17-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
15. "Sorry Shakes, my bad!"
I shouldn't have waved my accusing finger at you. Twas the BlueMen I was thinking of. I expected so much more of them.

>I think the lesson to be learned is that when I make my >prediction as to who is going to win this show it might be wise >to pay attention.

Now that LC is over you've gotta beg for it, don't you?

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-17-02, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Why I hate the PTTE"

>For one, posters should be allowed
>to make only ONE PTTE
>prediction. No more going
>back and changing your picks
>once you are eliminated.
>Once you are out you
>should be out! This
>would limit the participants from
>week to week and help
>return focus to the more
>important task of spoiling the
>individual episodes.
>
>Also, there should be a two
>episode deadline for making your
>picks...meaning that you can either
>make your picks after this
>week's episode or after next
>week's episode. Obviously, the
>advantage to making your picks
>sooner is that you would
>have the tie breaker edge
>over anyone who made their
>picks the next week in
>the even that you both
>get it right.

I completely agree. I didn't vote in S3's PTTE thresd because it was such a mess with people going back each week revising their picks. I did vote on S2's thresd, and I was out pretty early! So what? It's just for fun! If people insist on changing their PTTE's every week, let them do it on Fanatics. I say everyone gets one chance on the "official" thresd, and that's it. So choose wisely!

bebe

04-17-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Why I hate the PTTE"
<<If people insist on changing their PTTE's every week, let them do it on Fanatics.>>

Yes, come play on Fanatics! I need more butts to kick =)
(Sorry, I was just having a shakes moment....)

Stop Discrimination Now

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "A final thought on the spoilers PTTE"
One of the positive things about the PTTE on spoilers is that it provides a forum to lay out predictions for the ENTIRE season in a single thread so that it won't interfere with the other threads on the board.

For those that never venture off the board, there is also a PTTE on Fanatics that anyone can enter at any time.

Here's the difference:

The PTTE on Fanatics is for fun. Points are awarded, but it's not exclusively for spoilers. The PTTE on Spoilers should be reserved for people that honestly believe that they can predict the rest of the season and have strategic reasoning and/or spoiler evidence to back it up.

As such, I'm not opposed to allowing people to re-enter the PTTE or to change their picks, as I think it consolidates a lot of the end-game spoiling into a single thread, and allows the rest of the board to focus on the single episode spoiling.

However, I would recommend if people are just looking for fun or bragging rights that they enter the Fanatics PTTE (see how much stuff we provide for y'all )

Oh... and what shakes said is right... no matter how much you promise it won't happen, once we start the Spoilers PTTE, people always start using their PTTE to defend their picks for each Ep. As such, I've always advocated waiting until the final seven to start the PTTE... why final 7 (or 8, at worst)?... that way, it only impacts us for the last 4 (or 5) weeks of the season.

Of course, I'm not making the PTTE "rules"... these are just my own thoughts on the subject.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-17-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A final thought on the spoilers PTTE"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-02 AT 11:38 PM (EST)

I am in agreement with Sleeve on this one. I think that a Spoiling PTTE is a place that we can focus on the "big picture" of the show. I personally don't think it is a contest. No one is going to win a prize if they successfully pick the correct boots. It is just a forum in which we can study through spoilers and speculations what the most likely scenario's of the end game can be. I'd like to think of it as a think tank.

I think that we should be able to modify our pick after they have been proven incorrect. Therefore, when MB stumps us, (as he always does at some point of his series) we can again examine the evidance before us and come to new conclussions based on the new evidance before us.

If we veiw our picks as "rubber" instead of "concrete" I think that we can have a useful format that will help spoil the show rather than detract from it. What I mean is, If you see that your selection is obviously not the wisest selection anymore based on evidance provided after you make your post, then change it, and add ideas to why you have your new theory. Don't try to defend an obvious erronius pick because you made it three weeks ago. If you where worng, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try it again.

I'll start this forum next week. with 8 people left in the game.
I personally think that this year will be easier than others, but we can be fooled. Happy Spoiling everyone...

ycartdraw 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-17-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ycartdraw Click to send private message to ycartdraw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Don't we already have a PTTE?"
Maybe this is different but I have been voting in a PTTE since the second episode!!! Am I totally losing it???

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-18-02, 04:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Final 7 PTTE"
Thanks for volunteering Naked.

I for one have fun with the PTTE. I think the last few seasons we started at the Final 7. It seemed to work well because at that point we are close enough to the Final 4 to formulate some reasonable logic to support our picks, but it's still challenging enough that no one has ever gotten it right.

I would also support a single vote that cannot be changed until the last person is left standing. It is cleaner and will be much easier for you to keep track of...

Thanks Naked!

Krautboy

DVK 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-18-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DVK Click to send private message to DVK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Are we ready for a Spoiling PTTE Yet ?"
I hope this is an appropriate comment! It seems to me that if those voting put their predictions in the subject line they can't change them later. I'm new be kind.

DVK

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •