The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Controversy surrounding Final 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-08, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Controversy surrounding Final 2"
I'm surprised no one has picked up on this here. According to sources, the two Davids had help Tuesday night that no other contestant this season had: they were allowed the use of a teleprompter.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-05-21-idol-teleprompter_N.htm

This seems a patently unfair advantage. What if Jason or Brooke had been able to use a teleprompter? They would not have flubbed their lyrics and might have advanced to the next round instead of being eliminated.

Someone needs to start a petition of outrage.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 geekboy 05-22-08 1
   RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 mrc 05-22-08 4
       RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 agman 05-22-08 5
           RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 mrc 05-22-08 6
       RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 Glow 05-22-08 7
 RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 CattyChat 05-22-08 2
 RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 CTgirl 05-22-08 3
 RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 DrKegel 05-22-08 8
 RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 anotherkim 05-23-08 9
   RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 mindy23 05-23-08 10
 RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2 Tahj 05-23-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-22-08, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

I heard this was for last night, not Tuesday night. Last night was NOT a competition night. it was purely a performance night.

Who cares?

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

05-22-08, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
My uncle, who is an AI cameraman and gives me the inside scoop, says the kids in Africa care.

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
>My uncle, who is an AI
>cameraman and gives me the
>inside scoop, says the kids
>in Africa care.

*stares at MRC. Tries to keep smile off face* Ah sh!t, I can't stand it.......bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...rotflmao....

sculpted by Tribe

05-22-08, 03:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-08 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

You gotta admit, I'm on a roll lately.

ETF spelling

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
you owe me a new keyboard

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-08, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
Good catch. I didn't realize that.

But, I really don't mind that they were able to use teleprompters for the finale. I mean, considering how many NEW songs they needed to learn in ONLY A WEEK -- Clive's Pick & Lame "Winner Song" plus all the numbers they did in the 2 hour finale. That is really expecting a lot of a person. So, I think teleprompters should be allowed in the finale.

And they did a great job performing as though they weren't glancing at teleprompters. I never would have known.

I am the Vote Nazi: "No vote for you!!!"

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
I'm not surprised. I was thinking last night of everything the two David's have had to do in the past week: learn and perform 3 new songs (okay Archie only learned two new songs ), film 2 ads, learn all the songs and choreography for the finale, plus record one song from Tuesday night and the coronation song. And then there's stuff we don't see like make-up, wardrobe, publicity etc. It's amazing they pulled it off (I hope they gave Archie the week off from school work!)

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-22-08, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"

Believe the teleprompter was for Amanda. Was she blitzed out of her freakin' mind? GARBLERRRRRRBARBAABBABBLEGRRRRRRRRRARARARAARARAAAAAA!! Oh, sorry, I was doing my imitation of her. What I actually said was did anyone understand a word she sang anyway?

Actually wish they had taken the teleprompter away from Syeesha. God, she was awful! And Seal was trying like #!(( to interact with her - she was ignoring him because she had better things to do?

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-08, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
In that high pressure situation, I think it was a fair change--they had to remember their lyrics (allegedly) to get the luxury of using a telepromper...rather like I tell my 9th graders that every paragraph must have 4-5 sentences until they learn how to write--then they can have a one word paragraph for all I care.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-23-08, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
I've been in little town Christmas programs, where we'd practiced for weeks on end, had maybe 12 songs we had to do, and let me tell ya-by the time you have to actually SING them, and remember how the stinking melody goes on top of THAT, it's a miracle that these guys were able to pull off these songs in just the few DAYS they had to learn them!!

I'm telling you-so listen up! HA!! It's just not easy, even for a pro, to learn brand new songs, lyrics, melodies, etc, in more than a week's time, let alone a day or two. Teleprompter? I wouldn't be the least bit surpised to learn that they've been using them all along for the finales!

I just don't think Taylor, Reuben, screaming Fantasia (maybe she should do a duet with Amanda and between the TWO, someone in Slovakia could figure out what the heck they're saying!), were incredibly more intent at learning all that, then the ones who performed on Wednesday night.

Geez, talk about the pressure! I don't know how they all get through it! Then add those cheesy dance steps to it-whose idea was THAT? Oh, I know-British dude who works there and judges SYTYCD!! Forgot.....

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-23-08, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Controversy surrounding Final 2"
Damn, I thought for sure you were going to say they were allowed to lip-sync. I actually thought I saw David Cook lip-syncing in the finale.

It's a Tribe!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •