The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jesus Camp"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jesus Camp"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-06 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

I'll save my opinions until I see the documentary.

Jesus Camp

In the film, the children cheered when asked if they'd be willing to give up their lives for Jesus, prayed over a cardboard cutout of President George W. Bush and cried as they pleaded for an end to abortion, the Los Angeles Times reported. The paper said that one of the children is home-schooled by a mother who teaches that "science doesn't prove anything."

Ewing said the children explained that they wept because God's heart is broken over a lost and sinful world. But she added that the children didn't seem unhappy -- just more intense than the average American child. Grady said all of the kids plan to become missionaries.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jesus Camp Prof_ Wagstaff 09-26-06 1
   RE: Jesus Camp weltek 09-26-06 4
 RE: Jesus Camp HobbsofMI 09-26-06 2
 RE: Jesus Camp sharnina 09-26-06 3
 RE: Jesus Camp LibraRising 09-26-06 5
 Ah, finally we have... geg6 09-26-06 6
   RE: Ah, finally we have... HobbsofMI 09-26-06 7
 RE: Jesus Camp mom2bjm 09-26-06 8
 I just wanted to be the first one t... Estee 09-26-06 9
   RE: I just wanted to be the first o... cahaya 09-26-06 15
       RE: I just wanted to be the first o... HistoryDetective 09-26-06 16
       RE: I just wanted to be the first o... Ante Bellum 09-27-06 19
 RE: Jesus Camp cqvenus 09-26-06 10
   RE: Jesus Camp HistoryDetective 09-26-06 11
 RE: Jesus Camp mysticwolf 09-26-06 12
 RE: Jesus Camp cahaya 09-26-06 13
   RE: Jesus Camp Sagebrush Dan 09-26-06 14
 RE: Jesus Camp dabo 09-27-06 17
 RE: Jesus Camp Rhyn 09-27-06 18
   RE: Jesus Camp cahaya 09-27-06 21
       RE: Jesus Camp Rhyn 09-27-06 22
 The camp mysticwolf 09-27-06 20
   RE: The camp HistoryDetective 09-27-06 23
 RE: Jesus Camp Colonel Zoidberg 09-27-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-26-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jesus Camp"
I think that this is the link you wanted.

Tribephylanthropy!
Space For Rent.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jesus Camp"
Gah! Thanks, I'll edit my post.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jesus Camp"
Bill Maher was asking a bunch of questions about this movie....

It's scary IMHO

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jesus Camp"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-06 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

I would never send my children to a camp like this.

ETA - I don't want my children to be "indoctrinated" into believing in God. God gave us free will and I want my children to decide for themselves. That doesn't mean I won't teach them about God. But I truly hope to present a world view to them that doesn't include lumping all Muslims into the camp that "indoctrinates" their children to lay down their lives.

As others say -- That is all.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jesus Camp"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-06 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

What was that second commandment again?

etf: syntax. yes, I had to make an edit to a six-word post

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Ah, finally we have..."
our very own homegrown madrassas.

Because, of course, the way to get rid of the terrists is to become just like them.

Bill Maher's show last week was a devastating commentary about this and many other things last week.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ah, finally we have..."
Did you see when Pat Buchanan was on a few weeks back....he had to be the best Republican I've seen on that show yet....

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-26-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jesus Camp"
I think I briefly saw something about this on TV -

I think we'd pass !

Funny that it was in "Devils Lake, N.D."

Tribe made it!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I just wanted to be the first one to officially lose."
I didn't even know anyone had brought Hilter Youth back.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I just wanted to be the first one to officially lose."
I'm just waiting for the first edition of "Mein Kamp" by Becky Fischer.

Foo dogs by Tribe

Subtitled "Kids on Fire", of course.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I just wanted to be the first one to officially lose."
Bwahahahaha!

Ante Bellum 3762 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-06, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ante%20Bellum Click to send private message to Ante%20Bellum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I just wanted to be the first one to officially lose."

Your wish is my command.

Thanks Tribephyl!

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jesus Camp"

science doesn't prove anything

GOOD FOR HER!

how many times do we have to go through this???

science DOESN'T prove anything. hello??? that's exactly right. any scientist will tell you science never AIMS to prove anything, so of *course* it doesn't prove anything.

it does, however, DISPROVE on a fairly regular basis.

by design.

~ cqc

09-26-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jesus Camp"
science doesn't prove anything

GOOD FOR HER!

Yeah, but I highly doubt that her understanding of the scientific method is as well developed as yours.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jesus Camp"
Is it wrong to hope that somewhere in the world some group, other than the usual suspects, is teaching their children that they should return to their fundamentalist religious roots?

Including the practice of canibalizing ignorant missionaries.

Puppylvoe for, and by, Tribe blogging's scary

I keed. Mostly.

09-26-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jesus Camp"
Fischer proudly compared her Bible camp to indoctrination of young boys by extremist Muslims.

"If you look at the world's population, one third of that 6.7 billion people are children under the age of 15," Fischer said. "Where should we be putting our efforts? Where should we be putting our focus? I'll tell you where our enemies are putting it. They're putting it on the kids. They're going into the schools."

Fischer went on to say that Muslims in other countries are taking their kids to camps like "we take our kids" to bible camps. She said Muslims are teaching their kids to use rifles, how to put on bomb belts and to use machine guns.

"It's no wonder with that kind of intense training in discipling (sic) that those young people are ready to kill themselves for the cause of Islam," Fischer said. "I want to see young people who are as committed to the cause of Jesus Christ as the young people are to the cause of Islam. I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are over in Pakistan and in Israel and Palestine and all those different places. Because we have, excuse me, but we have the truth."

The "truth", hatred, and ultimately, death.

Foo dogs by Tribe

I said some time ago that the quelling of terrorism could only come through (mainly secular) education. Of course, the opposite is true, where "education" can exacerbate the situation, as it does here.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jesus Camp"
My dad was a Conservative Baptist preacher. I have been trained in the scriptures since I was in the womb. In no way is this even approximately close to anything that the scriptures has to to say.
It is interesting how the extremists of both Islam and fundamentalist Protestantism are mirroring each other.

I'd have a lot more so say on this, but this is such utter nonsense that I'd rant so much that it'd fry the memory banks of the boards.

Tribe

If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel as though our hard work ain't been in vain fer nuttin'.
-Lena Lamont, Singin' in the Rain

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jesus Camp"
A brainwashing is a terrible thing to waste.

SMILES ARE FREE

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-06, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jesus Camp"
Oh, I am dying to see this. Seriously. I haven't been this spun up in a while.

There's so much I want to say, but I really, really am trying to wait until I see it before I say anything. I hope it comes to our theater so I don't have to wait as long.

09-27-06, 03:02 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Jesus Camp"
Movie locations/dates listing here.

Foo dogs by Tribe

By all appearances, this movie belongs in the 'horror' genre.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-06, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jesus Camp"
It doesn't look like it's coming here, but we're not that big a town. We get no concerts, no author appearances, no nothing. So bummer.

Thanks, though. Grr. I really want to see it soon.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-06, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "The camp"
And, here's a link to the camp website. http://www.kidsinministry.com/index.html

And, yes, there is a FAQ section regarding questions about the movie. And, yes, one of them has to do with whether this is a revival of the Hitler Youth movement. And, yes, after browsing the site I'm just as appalled and scared as I was when I first saw the article.

If we allow people like this to take control over our country we are in big trouble. Please... If you know someone who does not vote, talk to them... find out why... help them to understand what is happening and how it may well affect those that think they are not involved because they distance themselves from the controversy.

She's right. It is a war of sorts. But, at least in this country, at least in my mind and opinion, it's rapidly becoming more of a war to preserve our secular values against those, of any religion, who would prefer to replace them with religion-based values.

And, if we want a prayer of a chance (no pun intended) to preserve what our forefathers created - what our forebearers died to preserve - the rest of us had best wake up and recognize it.

Puppylvoe for, and by, Tribe blogging's scary

I know. For the most part I'm preaching to the choir here. But, I don't quite know what else to do. But, I know I'd better figure out what - soon.

09-27-06, 08:12 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The camp"
Fundamentalists of all stripes continue to scare the sh!t out of me.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jesus Camp"
OK, so now we have Jesus Camp AND Madrasas...and to think, if you really wanted to fvck your kids up, you used to have to put down the big bucks for Tranquility Bay...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •