The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Offshored and Outsourced!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-26-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Offshored and Outsourced!"
So I called India today. They didn't answer. All I got was a recording that my email server is down with no ETA on when it will be back. I'm so glad I no longer have those pesky IT people in my office who used to care about whether we could meet client deadlines and would show up at our desks and take care of our PC issues promptly. This is SOOOOOO much better.

Oh well, at least I still have the internet!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 sweet cqvenus 09-26-06 1
 RE: Offshored and Outsourced! dabo 09-26-06 2
   RE: Offshored and Outsourced! bystander 09-26-06 4
       RE: Offshored and Outsourced! dabo 09-26-06 5
 RE: Offshored and Outsourced! weltek 09-26-06 3
   RE: Offshored and Outsourced! bystander 09-26-06 6
       RE: Offshored and Outsourced! byoffer 09-26-06 7
           RE: Offshored and Outsourced! weltek 09-26-06 8
               RE: Offshored and Outsourced! bystander 09-26-06 9
                   *snort* cqvenus 09-26-06 10
                   RE: Offshored and Outsourced! byoffer 09-26-06 11
                   RE: Offshored and Outsourced! Lasann 09-27-06 15
 It's cheaper, too mysticwolf 09-26-06 12
   RE: It's cheaper, too bystander 09-26-06 13
       RE: It's cheaper, too mysticwolf 09-27-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "sweet"

yeah, that's awesome.

i was listening to NPR this AM and they were talking about manufacturing cars in china to bring back for sale in the US. then this rep was talking about how it won't hurt the US b/c, and i'm not even kidding, just like IT jobs have been moved, there is still a great demand for IT work in the US.

um, says mystic and her DH: WHERE?

~ cqc

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
I'm sensing... sarcasm!!! Not that I'm against it, I've been outsourced twice in the last four years, it totally sux.

Just wait until they get I-69 up and running, a direct route from Canada to Mexico/Mexico to Canada, courtesy of the good ol' USofA. Yeah, won't that be great.

(Nothing in this post is actually anti-Canada or anti-Mexico, by the way.)

09-26-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
What's funnysad is that the big IT company that our IT stuff was outsourced to, turned around and re-outsourced it again to another company. Maybe they can re-re-outsource it back to the 5 competent people who used to work in my office and kept things running smoothly.

Mystic? Where are you when we need you???

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
Sounds like those competent folks who know the ropes ought to organize incorporate and put in a bid. I've seen that a lot the last few years. Heh, I've managed to outsource myself twice now; had no choice about it as it was gonna happen anyway. Hated having to lose my accrued benefits though, it's all a scam one way or another.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
A coworker of mine made a really dumb comment (IMHO) the other day. We have eliminated some positions & now outsource our graphic design and a few other things. Her job as a special librarian for the school has been under fire as something we could get elsewhere on campus. So she's got a chip on her shoulder and really dislikes our in-house IT staff. She thinks we should eliminate them since campus has a tech center for support (which wouldn't be free to us, we'd still have to pay for service). "Noooooooooo!" I cried. That's the last thing I'd eliminate. It's so valuable to have in-house IT staff. So valuable.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

09-26-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
Absolutely, in-house IT staff are valuable. Unfortunately, big head office in large mid-west city only looks at the bottom line. Employees in other offices suffer the consequences. I'm going on 6 hours now without access to email and I know (cuz clients have called) that I've got a few crisis' waiting for me. I've also got a few emails that absolutely need to be sent out today. I'll soon have to resort to hotmail. How professional will THAT look?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
I'll soon have to resort to hotmail.

Can't you just get your clients to sign up for accounts at RTVW? Then you can pm the, or establish thresds to discuss important matters in which you need the input of the rest of us.

In particular, I think I would enjoy seeing kenzie in a thresd with your clients!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
I agree, come here to conduct your business. I promise not to post Icey's dancing Spam.

I've had to use Yahoo a few times when our email was down.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

09-26-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
I guess I could do that, as long as Estee keeps the racism to a minimum.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "*snort*"

~ cq

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
*wipes tears from eyes*

*closes office door*

*laughs out loud*

Maybe Dabo can take meeting notes for you in ebonics?

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Offshored and Outsourced!"
*start Dave Chapelle's voice*

Now that there was some funny azz stuff

*end Dave Chapelle's voice*

I've been Nutz'd

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-06, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "It's cheaper, too"
Lost worker productivity doesn't cost a cent, ya know.

Puppylvoe for, and by, Tribe blogging's scary

09-26-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: It's cheaper, too"
What lost productivity? They expect employees to make up the time.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-06, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's cheaper, too"
Taking two days to do the work of one is still lost time and money. Moreso if the employees have to make it up while earning time-and-a-half, or better. And, if you lose clients because of missed deadlines, etc....

(Probably doesn't apply to Byoffer, but it does to many in office clerical positions, and it certainly applied to any of our production workers.)

But, of course I know that you know this, too.

Puppylvoe for, and by, Tribe blogging's scary

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •