The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-08, 06:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Who would win if it were up to you (assuming you have fingers left to type with this morning)

Who will America choose.

Will the blatant tossing everyone that isn't Archuleta under the tour bus get Cook's fan's butts in gear, or will Archie ride the wave of Randy's drool to victory.

Should Win.

Based on one night's performance

Archuleta. It think he really did want to win this. I think Cook just wanted that one last performance doing what he liked to do in front of the audience.

Based on the Season Overall

Cook. Archuleta may have peaked at the right time, but he was way too limited and all three of his songs were exactly the one type of song he can do well, so even though he sang them well, it was extremely predictable and didn't show anything new about him.

Will Win.

Cook. I think the blatant toss under the bus of Syesha last week will motivate her fans to vote for Cook after they tossed him under every vehicle they could get their hands on this week. Had they been less heavy handed in the judging I think a lot of Syesha's voter would have gone for Archuleta as that is closer in style to what she did.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... singer 05-21-08 1
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... HuskiesFan 05-21-08 2
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Glow 05-21-08 3
   RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Ahtumbreez 05-21-08 8
       RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Glow 05-21-08 13
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... emydi 05-21-08 4
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... agman 05-21-08 5
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... aquariaqueen 05-21-08 6
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Zimbochick 05-21-08 7
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... anotherkim 05-21-08 9
   RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Glow 05-21-08 11
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Iconoclastic 05-21-08 10
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... geekboy 05-21-08 12
   RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... Glow 05-21-08 14
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... true 05-21-08 15
   RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... TanNymph 05-21-08 16
   RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... zombiebaby 05-21-08 17
       RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... anotherkim 05-22-08 22
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... zazzy 05-21-08 18
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... DoodleBug 05-21-08 19
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... AyaK 05-21-08 20
 RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Final... cahaya 05-21-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-08, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
L'il Archie sang better than Jug Head this week.

But Jug Head is the most marketable. I love his voice, and he's willing to take risks.

I predict that L'il Archie will win. If he doesn't, I'll be thrilled about Cook. They're both excellent.

HuskiesFan 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-21-08, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HuskiesFan Click to send private message to HuskiesFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Yes, I do believe Archie was better last night. Perhaps Dadchuletta not being allowed around in rehearsal has had a positive effect!

That being said....

David Cook has been my personal favorite all season. He was diverse and entertaining. Every week I was excited to see what he would do next. Plus, he was very easy on the eyes!

Aside from "Imagine" Archie was drab and everything else throughout the season sounded the same.

By the end of the last night, the "Archie Pimping" had actually become nauseating.
I am not sure what phone book Randy is looking at, but I looked up "Ballad" in my phone book and there were very few!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Who would win if it were up to you
Jason Castro

Who will America choose
David Cook

Will the blatant tossing everyone that isn't Archuleta under the tour bus get Cook's fan's butts in gear, or will Archie ride the wave of Randy's drool to victory.
I'm just SO glad nobody got tossed under the bus last night.

Should Win.
if that one night is last night? Archuleta

Based on the Season Overall
of the two? Cook.

Will Win.
Cook.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
I would completly ditto Glowie here, except for this:

Should Win.

if that one night is last night? Archuleta

After watching the playback I think Cook took the night. Comparing the songs in quick order it was obvious to me that Cook outperformed Archie.

But I'll ditto everything else

Castronaut prettied up by the Agman

05-21-08, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
and it was obvious to me that Archuleta outsung Cook. ;)
But I don't care enough to re-watch the performances.

siggy sweetly donated by agman

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-08 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

All categories

Cook

except should win to spite AI producers/judges and sic Jeff Archie on them

Archie

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
For his work this whole season, I think David Cook should win. However, I'm not sure he was better than Archie last night. I think Archie will win, but I think Cook is a far better and more accomplished singer and will have a better career since he can sing more than just ballads and he is an innovator when it comes to his music.

sculpted by Tribe

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-21-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Should: Cook
Will: Archie

Was it me or were the judges doing everything except calling the phone number for Archie last night? I don't remember them being so blatant at Final 2.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Zimbochick 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-21-08, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zimbochick Click to send private message to Zimbochick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Should: Carly
Will: Michael

Oh, wait, I'm confused

Should win: Cookie
Will win: I can hardly type this, Archie!!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"

My choice--since Michael Johns is gone--David Cook

Will win--I have a sinking feeling that Monchichi will pull it off somehow.

Based on last night--if it were American Balladeer, then the little guy, but based on being a true pop/rockstar? David Cook.

Season overall--no contest--David Cook. By far the most interesting contestant that I've seen on Idol ever. I was a HUGE Daughtry fan, but he was very prone to one style. Cook, though, has sounded different and even when he wasn't as successful, he was still waaaaay more interesting than the child star.

Will win---again, I'm afraid that somehow things will be turned around so that Senor Squinty will pull it off, but I'm cautiously optimistic that Cook will win. I'm not even sure that winning will be a good thing for him, but I'm just so tired of the niche performers like Taylor or the never-going-to-be-a-"pop"-star performers like Reuben and Fantasia (or even Clay and Beatbox Boy) somehow winning.

--ready for this all to be OVER.

05-21-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
I think everybody who reads here is pretty aware that Michael is my favorite of the season (all seven seasons) but if I chose the winner, I'd still choose Jason. He records beautifully and he has had very little singing experience prior to this. And in my stupid little head, that's what this show should be about. My claws came out when they compared Cook to Daughtry during auditions. uhhhh. No. Stop it. Then when Simon said, "If this remains a talent competition," that Cook should win, my claws dug in. If this was ever about talent, Michael would have and should have been there tonight getting crowned.

They got their David v. David finale and that's the only thing they've cared about from day one. Either way, I won't be surprised when the winner is crowned.

And I won't care.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-21-08, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
COOK!!!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-21-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-08 AT 02:10 PM (EST)

Should Win: David Cook
Will Win: David Cook

There has been a lot of chatter in this thread about "based on last night's peformance only" and I think a lot of you are missing the boat.

Yes, from the top 24 up to the top 3, the vote more often than not is based on that night's performance only. Yes, some people vote cumulatively, but in the early rounds, i don't think its all that relavant.

BUT, for the Top 2/Finale performances, i think people vote in their own combination of that night's performances AND the season as a whole for those two contestants. With that being said, the "Archie Knockout" isn't teh only factor in the vote.

Now, with my bias fully exposed ----
I have to give the night, and the crown, to David Cook. Let me explain.

To me Archie is a one trick pony. Yes, he has a gorgeous voice and yes, he's only 17, and yes he makes all the girls swoon. But in the end, he's a one-trick pony.

David Cook, on the other hand, is by far the most talented, all-around musician/singer/performer that has ever been on Idol. His singing skills cover multiple styles/genres, he's musically gifted, he can arrange songs to fit his style, and he's a born performer.

RE: last night. Yes, Archie sang very well, but all three songs were pretty much the same as he has sung all season. Cook, on the other hand, made an effort to show three distinct styles given the two choices he had. The U2 song was 'middle of the road'. The coronation song was more to the rock side. His final selection was more AC in style.

David Cook, in my oh-so-humble opinion, delivered the knockout punch over the course of the season and I believe he has teh fans and votes to win.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

05-21-08, 02:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
I don't think anybody's missing any boats, babe.

I'll just be over here on Michael's boat.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Well, if it were up to me, I'd say Cook is more my style, and I don't hate on little Archie.

I think A needs to win the title to boost his career. He has ZERO personality, and kind of like Ruben, he needs to be the winner in order to have a shot at stardom. (Clearly, it wasn't enough for Ruben, but had Ruben come in second he'd have even less of a career than he has now, if that's possible)

Cook does NOT need to win the title to have a successful career. See Daughtry. Cook is waaaay more marketable than Archie. Probably even MORE so if he is not strapped with the stupid AI title.

The judges pimped Archie last night because they know he needs to win, and Cook needs to lose, in order to maximize both of their potential.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-21-08, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
I agree with True 100%.

Will I listen to an Archie cd? No

Will I purchase a Cook cd? Yes

Irregardless of who wins.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
True loves JOhn Stevens.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-08, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
bwahahahahahahaha! I had almost forgotten about the torch she carried for him.

--Ah, the memories.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-21-08, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-08 AT 06:45 PM (EST)

I'm having a hard time staying interested the last few weeks. Sigh. I keep telling myself "Michael will be on tonight, at least". ;)

1. Who would win if it were up to you:

Michael Johns and the finale would have been a David C-MJ sing off. Each would have inspired the other to do better and better. I and many others on this board would have had a dream finale.

Hey, I blew PTTE due to MJ! It was between MJ and DC for top place and I knew AI would not have two rockers in the end. They have to have a balance of other talent to keep the viewers, or so they think. This year's ratings say otherwise. P.S. Congrats. Corvis! WTG!

2. Who will America choose: David Cook (still hoping)

3. Will the blatant tossing everyone that isn't Archuleta under the tour bus get Cook's fan's butts in gear, or will Archie ride the wave of Randy's drool to victory:

Dial Idol says it got DC fans in gear but we don't know what went down with texting or producers' agendas.

4. Should Win--Based on one night's performance:

--DA is sooo not my cup of tea that for me, DC won the night.

Disagree? Play it back. DC was very good but was sorta buried by lackluster judges' comments trying to brainwash America to vote DA or something. Or reverse psychology or something. Whatever they thought would bring them the most text votes since they make $$ off of texting. They probably had a meeting with some analysis that showed they make more money when Simon is nice to DA and not so wonderful to DC.

Neither singer had the quintessential final two moment for me, though. Nothing like Season 4 or Season 5.

5. Based on the Season Overall of the two? David Cook

6. Will Win: You already know: David Cook

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Who should win?
Cook

Who NEEDS the win?
Archie

Who will win?
Cook

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
should win: Cook

will win: Archie

The AI powers-that-be see Archie as a "clean" rival for the Jonas Brothers, which is why they pimped the he!! out of him last night. They want the show to be relevant to the Disney Channel/Nick audience of 8-13 year old girls. Unfortunately, a byproduct of this pimping was...

jumped the shark: American Idol

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-08, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Should Win/Will Willn AI7 Finale"
Should: David Cook. I wouldn't buy his albums or go see him in concert, but he has infinitely more variety in his songs than David A.

Will: Sweet, syrupy David A, if the crooked boxing judges had their way. But - America votes otherwise: It's David Cook with the most votes.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •